Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: Let's All Go to the Bar

• Start Topic

MID-SEASON FINALE!

Jo becomes a safe haven volunteer and gets a call that a baby has been dropped off at Station 19. Meanwhile, Meredith moves forward with her life after facing the medical board. Jackson takes a big step in his budding romance with Vic, while Bailey and Amelia swap pregnancy updates.

Promo:

Original air date: 11/21/19

Urg. This whole episode brought out some really bad plot points.

OWEN GETS ANOTHER FUCKING KID. 

Bailey miscarries. Goddamnit.

And some ok points:

Meredith makes Googly Eyes at her package AKA New Hot Irish Doc. Better than Deluca.

Maggie quits. I mean, it sucks because she's having a crisis, but I'm interested to see what she ends up doing next.

LOL at the ending. So, who was all there and in trouble for the Station 19/Grey's premiere in January? Captain Herrera, Ben, the interns and Nico? Or did Schmitt/Nico take off right before? I'll have to rewind and watch.

But seriously, fuck you, show, for going the Amelia is carrying Owen's baby twist. I'd rather she was having twins or something. 

• Love 23

Already annoyed at new doctor who waltzes in expecting everyone to know who the hell he is and is an asshole for no apparent reason.

I cheered at the patient calling out Hellmouth and Glasses Contacts for their stupid argument over his gurney. Time and place, people. And grow the hell up.

Shut up, Catherine. Not everyone knows who the hell you are. You don't get to get mad because someone doesn't recognize you and snap to as soon as you walk in the door. (Loved the guy's response: "Do you own this one?")

Aw, Bailey. 😞 But we knew they couldn't both make it through unscathed.

Shut up, Catherine. How about you have a damn conversation with your husband?

So Maggie's just gonna quit and abandon her patient?

Aw, asshole doctor has kids and a soft spot. Who didn't see that coming. He's Cristina's "package" isn't he?

Um...what exactly is Jo's role as a volunteer for safe haven babies? She was supposed to be waiting for a social worker at the hospital, right? How did she get to bring him home? Why would the social worker sign off on that? Or did she just...take him home?

Oh jeez. It's Owen's kid, isn't it?

Car in a bar? Okay then.

See you in January. (Ugh, crossover "events" with shows I don't watch. Fun.)

• Love 10

Sadly, I predicted Miranda's miscarriage. She and Ben deserved to have another child, not the ridiculous Owen.

I should have known there was no escaping Owen and Amelia. What is he on now? Kid number 100? On a positive note, this is a lucky escape for the wonderful Linc. He will get a love interest worthy of him.

Oh Maggie. I am sure that she will be fine eventually. 

Too bad that car didn't take out Jackson. Better luck next time.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7

Grey's just ruined one of the few good things left on the show by having Amelia pregnant with Owen's baby. Amelia and Link were so pure, and Owen shouldn't get to have his cake and eat it too with the women in his life. The man is damn near insufferable at this point, and I don't understand why the writers are giving him all these kids. Amelia and Link - especially Link - deserve better. 

I could not care less about Maggie's sob story. Sorry, it's unearned.  

Alex is the most underutilized character on the show. You'd think with so few regulars/favorites left, they'd give him more screen time. Such a shame. 

New guy has infinitely more chemistry with Meredith than Deloser ever did. Little boy will never be Meredith's equal, and it's about time he was called out for it.

My heart breaks for Miranda and Ben. I guess the odds were low for the show to allow both Amelia and Miranda to have babies at the same time, but still. 

• Love 21

Is it just me or is Maggie severely over freaking reacting and being over dramatic. She INSISTS that cause she just met Sabi she’s not emotionally connected and honestly she wasn’t. Plus what happened wasn’t her fault and someone as smart as her should be able to see it since she’s such a genius and doesn’t get human emotion like that. I just don’t feel invested in her turmoil cause the moment she takes a second to look at it, she’ll see it wasn’t her fault and be okay, AND, what is she upset about? When Cristina went through this she was suffering from major PTSD , when April went through this her foundation in her faith was shook and she was asking some major existential questions. What is Maggie upset about? That she actually lost a patient? That it was a family member? What is she so undone by? 

and god let omelia DIE DIE DIE! 

eveurthing else was standard for this show. 

• Love 5

Oh come on! Throwing Owen into this mess? No no nonononononono. I don't want Owen to be the potential father of Amelia's baby. Can't the show give us one good couple? Amelia and Link were so good together. Why? I can't believe the show is pushing Amelia to be with Owen. He is too toxic for her or anyone.

Jo doing baby pick up duty at the fire station. Check. Jo holding the baby. Check. Jo taking the baby into her home. Right on schedule. I knew she was going to do that.

And so instead of Deluca the show is pushing Meredith with McWidow? So this is the show cycling a series of potential boyfriends. Oookay.

Wow this episode is all about torturing the characters where rock bottom is not enough.

Edited by redfish
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, redfish said:

Oh come on! Throwing Owen into this mess? No no nonononononono. I don't want Owen to be the potential father of Amelia's baby. Can't the show give us one good couple? Amelia and Link were so good together. Why? I can't believe the show is pushing Amelia to be with Owen. He is too toxic for her or anyone.

Did Amelia ever - overlap with Owen and Linc? I'm honestly not remembering. Any possibility Carina got the weeks wrong or it could still be Linc's kid?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Did Amelia ever - overlap with Owen and Linc? I'm honestly not remembering. Any possibility Carina got the weeks wrong or it could still be Linc's kid?

I was wondering the same thing but I didn't quite know how to word it...

• Love 1

Well I figured I should be wary of Link/Amelia considering the track  record of Grey's lately, but I still got invested. Now to find out the kid is most likely Owen's. I do not have a lot of nice words for this "twist".

The Bailey-Ben baby not making it is no surprise. Two pregnancies; only one normally makes it and since Bailey was high risk the writing was on the wall.  The show letting Bailey have her kid and possibly dealing with developmental disabilities would have created long term stories. 

Edited by miasth
  • Love 10

Soo... Amelia was my favorite charakter since we met her in Private practice. I never liked Owen and her together but I decided to try to like it becouse I loved her. Now, after seeing how good she might be with Linc, I want her to die. Just for her to didnt have to have a baby with Owen. God Im So pissed. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

No. Thats stupid writing. She even said at Jacksons party she hadnt have sex with owen since months. I guess writer forgot about it and want us to guess who is the father now. In the end it Will turn out that ist still Links baby, they just needed drama. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

Xander Perez joins sarcastic prison guard and Bret the bartender on my list of favorite characters for the season.   "Do you own this one?"  LOL.

What agency wouldn't entrust an abandoned, uh surrendered, newborn to a recently released mental patient?

Hope the car crashing thru the building is an opportunity to get rid of some of the dead weight interns.   I'm betting Saint Meredith wouldn't even notice if Helm bit the big one.  Well, she'd probably notice that there was nobody around to get her cake anymore.  (And wouldn't it have been great if cake had read "Congratulations on getting away with insurance fraud.")

Still can't believe that supposedly intelligent adults who graduated from med school think Glasses was in the wrong for (accidentally) turning in Meredith (and I don't like Glasses, at all, but he was totally right).

50 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Already annoyed at new doctor who waltzes in expecting everyone to know who the hell he is and is an asshole for no apparent reason.

I think he fits in perfectly on this show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Well I figured I should be wary of Link/Amelia considering the track of Grey's lately, but I still got invested. Now to find out the kid is most likely Owen's. I do not have a lot of nice words for this "twist".

Why can't the show let us have one good thing? ONE!

Why did Richard have to jinx Amelia/Linc by implying to Owen he might end up with a third child?

No. Thats stupid writing. She even said at Jacksons party she hadnt have sex with owen since months. I guess writer forgot about it and want us to guess who is the father now. In the end it Will turn out that ist still Links baby, they just needed drama. 

Do the writers even watch their own show to keep track of continuity or just plain lazy to manufacture drama?

• Love 10

Halfway through the show I got a little unreasonably excited thinking (hoping) maybe the package was going to be a special appearance of Cristina showing up on Meredith’s doorstep.   A girl can hope, right?  Because that would have made me smile.

And Jo, pretty sure she just kidnapped that baby.  Whoever approved her for this volunteer position should have done A LOT more background research on her history and recent mental break....she does not seem stable and this stunt was not cool.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

LOL at the ending. So, who was all there and in trouble for the Station 19/Grey's premiere in January? Captain Herrera, Ben, the interns and Nico? Or did Schmitt/Nico take off right before? I'll have to rewind and watch.

But seriously, fuck you, show, for going the Amelia is carrying Owen's baby twist. I'd rather she was having twins or something. 

What happened.... my pvr cut out the last few minutes?    Thx

8 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I think he fits in perfectly on this show.

Yeah, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. "I started this morning and haven't met any of you yet...why don't you know who I am?"

2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

What happened.... my pvr cut out the last few minutes?    Thx

They were in the bar and a car crashed through the wall. Come back in January for the 2-hour crossover event with Station 19!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

But seriously, fuck you, show, for going the Amelia is carrying Owen's baby twist. 

I fucking knew it! I haven't watched the episode, and now I doubt that I will. Same with Bailey losing her baby. Happy holidays, everyone! JFC. They just had to ruin Amelia and Linc. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 7

Screamed at the TV over the awful Amelia "twist". F*** off. Owen getting a 3rd kid in as many seasons is ridiculous. As others have said, Amelia and Link have been the best part of this season so far. This is totally unnecessary. Hoping this is just a scare and not actually Owen's. 

The Bailey and Ben stuff was heartbreaking. I'm glad they let it play out rather than making it a cliffhanger. Bailey's age always made that pregnancy risky, and even as I saw it coming I felt totally crushed for both of them. The situation is all too common, and always incredibly sad.

McWidow can be fun. I like that they've figured out ways to make it clear that Cristina and Meredith are still in regular contact. At the very least, giving DeLuca some competition is fine with me. 

Koracick needs a better storyline than pining after Teddy. Move on.

Richard and Catherine's story is ridiculous because all they have to do is sit down and talk. It's been stretched out for too long at this point.

I'm okay with Jo and Alex adopting but...... did she steal that baby? WHY!?

• Love 16

Noooooooo!  Amelia CANNOT be having Owen's baby.  Amelia and Linc are the one good couple on the show right now. And Owen is a jerk. Let him keep his two babies and Kim. Free Amelia from him.

How did Kim not notice that Maggie had the yips?

Love how Catherine is so willing to work on her marriage to Richard. Not.  It was a shock to see Jackson talking sense of relationships.

I was expecting Bailey's baby to die (although @miasth is right that there would be more story to mine with a baby with a disability). But not this soon.  I guess this is the shocking thing for mid-season finale.

I like the writing on this episode even if I didn't like much of the plot twists.  Jackson talking sense to his mother, Ben telling Jo that trauma + brain chemicals making people do things they otherwise wouldn't, Bailey tell Amelia that hiding from something doesn't make it not true.

Meredith may be a better surgeon than DeLuca but she shouldn't think that she's a better person than he is.

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

He's perfect for Meredith then. She needs a jerk for when she's being one, and someone to point out that she's not really the Sun.  DeLuca is too nice and consequently she walks all over him.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

He's perfect for Meredith then. She needs a jerk for when she's being one, and someone to point out that she's not really the Sun.  DeLuca is too nice and consequently she walks all over him.

Very true.

• Love 7

I hope it's just a scare, and the baby is really Linc's. Teddy is the temporary love of Owen's life, is he now going to waver between the two again? 

I know it's just a TV show, but I'm so pissed off. I'm glad I didn't watch tonight, because my mood isn't the best. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 9

What the hell was all of this? Just what kind of drugs are the writers doing if they think these are good storytelling choices?

I mean, what was the entire point of having Bailey get pregnant, only to have her miscarry? That just seems like stupid drama. I honestly thought before the end of it, Ben and Bailey would want to adopt abandoned baby Jo instead decided to take home. 

Why are they going down the "Who's Amelia's babydaddy?" route? Just what does that add to the story to insinuate Owen impregnated Amelia, or worse actually impregnated her? I mean, what is the point of it all? Is Owen going to suddenly have all these different women and they'll become his harem. I'd like to think that this is all just for stupid drama, and Linc will end up being at the actual father. Otherwise I might have to throw something at the screen if Owen is the actual father. 

I don't really care Maggie quit. She'll likely be back, unless the actress is leaving the show.

So Dr. McAsshole is Cristina's package for Meredith? Ooooookay. I guess the writers got the message many in the fanbase didn't like her with Deluca. So I guess they're going to end up having some hate sex or something? 

I get that Deluca is not Meredith's professional equal, but I did find it unsettling when all these dudes were telling Deluca he isn't Meredith's equal. I mean, don't think Deluca truly thought he was her professional equal. But to say he isn't her equal at all, makes it seem like he isn't her equal in a personal sense. And HAOG saying he doesn't view Contacts as his equal again just makes it seem like he doesn't view his boyfriend as his equal at all. I guess that was just another episode where Meredith is held up as better than all others. 

So now we have to wait until January until we see how this needless drama plays out? And it's going to be a crossover with Station 19? *sighs* 

• Love 15
46 minutes ago, ForeverAlone said:

I get that Deluca is not Meredith's professional equal, but I did find it unsettling when all these dudes were telling Deluca he isn't Meredith's equal. I mean, don't think Deluca truly thought he was her professional equal. But to say he isn't her equal at all, makes it seem like he isn't her equal in a personal sense. And HAOG saying he doesn't view Contacts as his equal again just makes it seem like he doesn't view his boyfriend as his equal at all. I guess that was just another episode where Meredith is held up as better than all others. 

Yeah, they're really keeping this sun shit going with Meredith. I get that the show is called Grey's Anatomy, but the ass kissing is going overboard. Linc and other doctor whose name I'm forgetting really think that Deluca should be OK with Meredith implying that he ain't shit? Telling your boyfriend that they're not your equal is basically saying that you're slumming by dating them. You lowered your standards by deigning to be with them. That's bullshit. As Deluca said, it's about respect. Meredith wasn't on Derek's 'level' either when they dated, but she made a name for herself. The same could happen with Deluca. I don't know why he's bothering with her. Interested people act interested and Meredith isn't interested. Go find you a woman who recognizes your worth.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 23

It's says a lot when my first reaction to the car plowing through the bar was YES! TRIM THE FAT. GET RID OF ANY NEWBIES IN THE BAR. It's crazy how bad of a job they've done with developing interns. I don't like any of them.

Katherine is exhausting. Richard has his faults but run man.

Everyone is trying to make Deluca feel bad but Meredith doesn't give a shit. Her ego is just bruised. Stand your ground.

People get mad when Alex is barely used but that man is laughing all the way to the bank. I highly doubt he cares or pushes for meatier storylines anymore. It's been nearly two decades. Alex, Meredith and the OGs have earned the rest.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Damn wtf was up with that gigantic truck that Catherine Fox hauled herself out of in the ambulance bay. Over compensating for something indeed. 

bit of a tangent but this episode reminded me again, but I miss the days when GSM wasn’t so obviously just a limited number of poorly redressed sets. I miss the  early seasons which also filmed at VA Supulveda Ambulatory Care Center.  The hospital now has so many randomly popping up different entrances the hospital may as well be nonagon. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I knew from the moment Bailey was pregnant and Ben was so excited about it that this baby was going to be lost but I thought it would be done in a much more dramatic fashion much closer to the end of the pregnancy.  So this way was nicely less melodramatic than I feared it would be and heartbreaking.

I'm pretty sure I groaned or yelled fuck, or something when 24 weeks was mentioned.   

Did Amelia sleep with Owen after her hotel romp with LInc?  I'd like to think of a way that Owen isn't this even if  either way it ruins the sweet mostly owen free drama of this one story.

Karasick can do better.

• Love 4

What a joke.

I knew this episode would be lame once they went over the top in their promotion for this episode by using the word "shocking" way too many times.

I like DeLuca but the way he keeps running after her is silly and makes me like him less. Even in dumping her he was wishy-washy. And Meredith is not likable in that relationship. I never really buy it that she actually cares for him, let alone loves him. In short, they are just not right for each other. They both deserve better.

Why the hell should Koracik still want to be with Teddy? She's such a wet blanket.

Jo stole that baby? Another person on this show who did something stupid and legally questionable. On this show this means she will probably get rewarded for it and she and Alex will adopt that baby (not that Alex really matters in that scenario, because he never does, but I will get to that in a moment).

So that was the big cliffhanger? A bunch of people I don't care about (minus Ben maybe) are trapped in the bar and might get smashed by a car? Yawn.

You know who I care about? Alex! He is at this point the sole and only reason I still put up with this nonsense show. And then he isn't even in the episode? And it's the fall finale no less. This season has been one giant joke for him so far. The Pac North story has barely had any movement so far, 9 eps in I still don't have a clue what its purpose is. Several episodes he got nothing else to do than being the emotional support guy/cheerleader for other characters (Jo, Meredith, Maggie) and when they did give him a story (Hallowen) it was just for comedic relief. At this point they can't make it more obvious that nobody in that writers room gives a rat's ass about Alex as a character.

Edited by GSMHvisitor
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Not that I’m remembering? Unless they had final breakup sex in the lawyer‘s office while not putting Amelia/a formal custody schedule on Leo’s adoption paperwork, but given Owen said something about her being incapable of love I think that’s unlikely? (I’m not re-watching to find out!)

Scanning the episodes on Netflix, Amelia broke up with Owen at the party at Jackson’s in 5x15 (someone mentioned her saying they hadn’t had sex in months in that ep? Or maybe it was a generalization as they were barely doing so?), then started with Linc at the conference in 5x17. And then again, the lawyer’s office/adoption paperwork was probably 5x16.

But my understanding of the way gestational age/weeks pregnant is calculated (based on last menstrual period, not date of conception...and implantation can be what, a week after the sex that led to conception?) means that if last Owen/first Linc sex happened within the same month, they’d both be candidates. Dicier still since Amelia mentioned barely getting periods anymore with how long she’d been on birth control.

Here’s hoping for some other reason for an amnio (maternal age, etc) to get a Linc paternity result before birth... 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, WalrusGirl said:

Here’s hoping for some other reason for an amnio (maternal age, etc) to get a Linc paternity result before birth... 🤦🏻‍♀️

Is it even possible to do amnipuncture so late? As far as I know, it is performed between 15 and 17 weeks of pregnancy. 19th week is extremely late.  24 is not even mentioned in this context. The same goes to DNA samples from mother's blood. I read somewhere that they are performed up to 24 weeks (maybe 24 weeks of Amelias pregnancy is not a coincidence here and she will not be able to do any of those tests). 

BUT I was never pregnant so I might be wrong :) 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Yeah, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. "I started this morning and haven't met any of you yet...why don't you know who I am?"

They were in the bar and a car crashed through the wall. Come back in January for the 2-hour crossover event with Station 19!

Thanks

7 hours ago, Anela said:

I hope it's just a scare, and the baby is really Linc's. Teddy is the temporary love of Owen's life, is he now going to waver between the two again? 

I know it's just a TV show, but I'm so pissed off. I'm glad I didn't watch tonight, because my mood isn't the best. 

So, Owen will find out and realize it was Amelia all along?   I hopE Teddy leaves him and goes back to Germany and Leo’s mother takes him back and Amelia still ends up with Linc and Owen ends up with no babies and alone because it turns out to be Linc’s baby after all.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I called the new doctor being Christina’s package from the beginning. It just seemed like a Christina thing to do (and I love that she called him McWidow). 

Disappointed with the Amelia news. I’m hoping that Linc is still the father, but if he isn’t, I wonder if this is the beginning of the end with Teddy (future death in a spring finale?) and that Amelia and Owen end up raising all three babies together. 

I'm not a huge fan of Contacts, but based on their snotty attitude towards him, I wouldn’t be disappointed if that car in the bar took out a few of the interns. 

• Love 2

"Do you own THIS ONE?" THANK YOU, Xander Perez. I'm all for taking Catherine Fox down about five pegs. 

And OH, MY GOD, NO. I stopped watching General Hospital years ago when they decided that Sonny was the only man with viable sperm and ignorance of birth control, but now a MEDICAL SHOW does it with Owen, a doctor, of all fucking people? NO. No. NOOOOOOOOOOO.  The only advantage to this situation is all the shade that other characters can throw toward the Ginger Sperminating Face Inhaler when the news gets out.  But, really, without Cristina around as the Queen of Shade, why bother.

Jesus Christ. Another Owen involved pregnancy. I want to vomit. Poor Linc. He can come sit on my other side. DeLuca on one side, Linc on the other.  Come sit by me and tell me all about how these entitled bitches used you like meat.

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

It's says a lot when my first reaction to the car plowing through the bar was YES! TRIM THE FAT. GET RID OF ANY NEWBIES IN THE BAR. It's crazy how bad of a job they've done with developing interns. I don't like any of them.

I so agree. It was the first thing I thought of when the show finished---oh good, I really hope some interns die--especially if Glasses is one of them. Seriously hoping to lose some people. I was so annoyed when the wind storm took out nobody last season.

I felt bad for Bailey. It was unrealistic to me for her to be up back in her clothes after what felt like about 15 minutes. I kind of wish they had filmed her pushing husband away without her back in heals in her dress. . . Maybe her situation is different. I had 2 early miscarriages. Lots of cramping. I felt for her and Ben. It's a very sad moment. Also the part about Amelia saying it was like being in a club. For me, I felt like I had joined the "having kids" club (at that time lots of my peers were having babies) and got kicked right out.

I like the McWidow tag and maybe it's just the Irish accent but hoping this addition is interesting. I don't buy Deluca as Mere's boyfriend and I did not like the scene of Lync etc telling him he's not her equal. It's not about being an equally brilliant surgeon.

I join with many in not wanting the Amelia-whose the dad storyline. Not looking forward to that.

• Love 3

Ugh, so Cormac is destined to be Meredith's next great love, right? Why else would be introduced by being dismissive of her? That's like Soap 101 for Twu Wuv.

And for a pediatric surgeon, he has a terrible bedside manner. I get wanting to present your patient with all the information you have and possibilities of what that information could mean but sheesh, she's a kid. And sure, it COULD be a tumor but it could also be something else. That's the entire point of doing a biopsy - to find out what it is. There is no need to freak the poor girl out BEFORE you know what it actually is.

I get that Jo is still working through her abandonment issues, but it is really hard to listen to her judge complete strangers who felt for whatever reason that they couldn't take care of their baby. I'm glad Ben was here to set her straight. I'm not entirely clear on what the point of her safe haven role was though. Can't someone from the fire station drop the baby off at the hospital and give the baby to a social worker? And did Jo buy a car seat so she could take the baby from the fire station to the hospital?

Similarly, I know that Maggie is working through her whole "I accidentally killed my cousin" issues but first she "invites" Teddy to her heart surgery (because she's terrifid she's going to screw up) and then she gets snotty with her for having the audacity to talk to her during surgery, as if that isn't standard operating procedure for EVERYONE at that damn hospital. I was a little surprised that Teddy just casually mentioned to everyone in the OR that Owen was trying to get her to take a job at PacNorth.

Maggie's emotional immaturity really showed again. I totally get freaking out when your patient's heart isn't beating but hysterically shrieking, "WHY ISN'T HIS HEART STARTING?" isn't going to help. You need to stay calm and think about what you can do, not ask the residents and nurses what to do when you're the head of cardio. Thankfully, Teddy came back and gave her a perfectly reasonable explanation and plan. Instead of being grateful that someone with common sense offered a possible solution, Maggie's response was to snottily say, "I guess so," and storm out of the OR.

When they showed Maggie sitting up in the viewing gallery watching Elliot, I was like nope, you just quit so you are not allowed to sit up there anymore. Go home!

Catherine was being super snotty to the guy at PacNorth. What kind of a person walks into a place of business and says, "YOU! Where is ______?" And then she just got even more cringeworth with her "Do you know who I am?" speech. Shut it, Catherine. Xander Perez deserves the highest of fives.

And her solution to thinking that Richard is having an affair is to just leave? Even if it were true, that doesn't solve anything. I loved Jackson just casually batting away all of her questions.

Oh, Jo. Just because someone left a baby at the fire station doesn't mean you get to take it home and keep it.

I'm sad that Bailey miscarried, but I think we all knew the show would not give us two healthy simultaneous pregnancies.

I'm furious that they are making Amelia's baby Owen's. FUCK HIM. And fuck everyone for thinking that Teddy and Owen have to get married. What is the obsession with that?

I rarely agree with Schmitt, but once you're an adult you can eat dessert first if you want to! I'm not a Schmitt fan, but I was annoyed at everyone acting like he purposely turned in Meredith. He noticed an error and did exactly what he was supposed to do (report it). It's not his fault that it turned out to be The Sun committing insurance fraud. He didn't know that until afterward. Gawd.

Koracik deserves better than Teddy. Deluca deserves better than Meredith. Can we please find these two better partners and let them be happy?

7 hours ago, izabella said:

And, it's about respect as a man, her man.  There is a lot more to a man than his job.

I agree. I am better at certain things than Mr. EB (and he is better at certain things than I am). That doesn't mean that I don't respect him. You can be with someone who is less accomplished/talented at something than you are and still respect them. The problem is that between the age difference and the subsequent difference in where they are in their careers (head of general surgery versus a resident) only exacerbates the fact that Meredith doesn't respect Deluca. She sees him as a fun sexy guy who is good with her kids, but I don't think she takes him seriously on any level - but it's not JUST because she's further along in her career and more successful. Even if he started doing crazy research, publishing papers, and winning Catherine Fox awards, she still wouldn't respect him.

• Love 15

Meredith and Christina have more chemistry than any couple on this show and at this point, Christina is only a floating text bubble. I love that McWidow is totally the opposite of McDreamy in the looks department vis-a-vis hair. Christina gives the best gifts!

Am I evil because my first thought when Amelia learned about the 24 weeks was "is it too late to abort?" Anything to knock that smug, righteous Owen down a peg or two.

(I'm on a Grey's rewatch and Owen just told Christina he'd never love another woman ever again, just a few episodes after accusing her of murdering his unborn child. Owen is just insufferable on a binge watch. McDreamy doesn't fare well, either.)

I don't believe Amelia and Owen had sex 24 weeks ago. No fucking way.

I predicted the surrendered baby would end up with Bailey and Ben, a la This is Us.

Slap my ass and call me Sally but--Jackson telling his mother her paranoia sounds like miscommunication? Jackson, the voice of reason? Love it.

We should all make our Santa wish lists for Barmageddon. Mine? 
Contacts' boyfriend (Contacts is growing on me)
All the other interns except that girl who worships Mere

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Similarly, I know that Maggie is working through her whole "I accidentally killed my cousin" issues but first she "invites" Teddy to her heart surgery (because she's terrifid she's going to screw up) and then she gets snotty with her for having the audacity to talk to her during surgery, as if that isn't standard operating procedure for EVERYONE at that damn hospital. I was a little surprised that Teddy just casually mentioned to everyone in the OR that Owen was trying to get her to take a job at PacNorth.

Maggie's emotional immaturity really showed again. I totally get freaking out when your patient's heart isn't beating but hysterically shrieking, "WHY ISN'T HIS HEART STARTING?" isn't going to help. You need to stay calm and think about what you can do, not ask the residents and nurses what to do when you're the head of cardio. Thankfully, Teddy came back and gave her a perfectly reasonable explanation and plan. Instead of being grateful that someone with common sense offered a possible solution, Maggie's response was to snottily say, "I guess so," and storm out of the OR.

When they showed Maggie sitting up in the viewing gallery watching Elliot, I was like nope, you just quit so you are not allowed to sit up there anymore. Go home!

I wanted Teddy to say about PacNorth: "How the hell did they all get through medical school?" "Sounds like Richard and Alex should fire half their staff and start again."

• Love 3

* I did enjoy Teddy being this competent cardiac doctor. I always like scenes where someone seems competent. It's nice for a change.

* the "be mean to Glasses" storyline is stupid and seems like a blatant attempt to make me cheer for Glasses. And it won't work because he is so annoying and the reason for people to turn on him is so stupid it's not at all believable. So zero sympathy here.

* I assumed Jo had permission to take the baby after discussing with the social worker. However, I found it annoying (but this is normal Grey's) how she is apparently at work, but never mind, I'm just going to go sit with this baby. The firefighters cannot bring the baby to the hospital for some reason. If her role is to be "volunteer who just holds the baby and gives it contact" I get that idea, but it would be more believable if they showed her on a personal day (like Alex) getting the call. This show always makes being a doctor look like the world's most flexible job.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

If her role is to be "volunteer who just holds the baby and gives it contact" I get that idea, but it would be more believable if they showed her on a personal day (like Alex) getting the call. This show always makes being a doctor look like the world's most flexible job.

And it would make more sense if she was doing that in the hospital nursery (y'know, after they get him checked out by an actual pediatrician and make sure he's okay).

• Love 3

So Jo can just show up at the fire station and say “I’m the safe haven thingy” and they hand over the baby? And of course a social worker just lets a volunteer take her home. 

I like Owen and finally came around to seeing him and Amelia as a good pair so I’m not too worked up about her pregnancy. I like Linc but their relationship seems more about casual sex than being a couple. I also can’t stand Teddy and she seems like she doesn’t care about being a mother so I don’t get her storyline or Korasik’s fascination with her.

Maggie acted ridiculous and childish which is not in keeping with being a cardio God. As for Meredith-apparently the rule is you can only date a person who is in your own field at the same level or above. That limits your dating choices a lot! I did like Christina ‘s text with “Mcwidow”.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, WendyM said:

All the other interns except that girl who worships Mere

Replace Hellmouth with Parker and I'd totally agree. Kill off HAOG, Hellmouth, Douchey Show Off Intern and whoever else they gave speaking lines to recently. Oh, and kill off Jackson, while you're at it, show. 

Just now, Madding crowd said:

And of course a social worker just lets a volunteer take her home. 

I feel about 70% positive that Jo didn't talk to the social worker and just took off with the baby. I feel like I could have misread the situation, though? Maybe they don't want another kidnapped baby storyline, but since we're repeating storylines, why not?

Though I did like her scene with Station 19's Jack. I basically have forgotten everything Station 19 related, even though I've watched it (to the point that I didn't recognize Captain Herrera until Bailey said his name) so I forgot Jack is also a foster kid.

26 minutes ago, WendyM said:

I don't believe Amelia and Owen had sex 24 weeks ago. No fucking way.

And what's worse is that we KNOW this isn't true. In the episode where they really brought forth the Teddy/Tom/Owen/Amelia mess at the party, Amelia clearly stated that her and Owen haven't had sex in months. And unless they had break-up sex when they were signing their divorce papers a couple of episodes later, no way could this be Owen's baby.

But this is Grey's, and they tend to forget plot points like this...even from last season.... 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Replace Hellmouth with Parker and I'd totally agree. Kill off HAOG, Hellmouth, Douchey Show Off Intern and whoever else they gave speaking lines to recently. Oh, and kill off Jackson, while you're at it, show. 

And what's worse is that we KNOW this isn't true. In the episode where they really brought forth the Teddy/Tom/Owen/Amelia mess at the party, Amelia clearly stated that her and Owen haven't had sex in months. And unless they had break-up sex when they were signing their divorce papers a couple of episodes later, no way could this be Owen's baby.

Yes! Save Parker! I forgot about Parker. Yes!

Unless Owen has Magic Sperm that just drifts around the hospital, then I guess it's possible. Sort of like Sonny Corinthos (shout out to poster referencing General Hospital above). And I would think Amelia would have double-condomed it around him just to be sure, what with her not wanting a baby with him and all.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Urg. This whole episode brought out some really bad plot points.

OWEN GETS ANOTHER FUCKING KID. 

Bailey miscarries. Goddamnit.

And some ok points:

Meredith makes Googly Eyes at her package AKA New Hot Irish Doc. Better than Deluca.

Maggie quits. I mean, it sucks because she's having a crisis, but I'm interested to see what she ends up doing next.

McWidow!  God! I miss Christina!

Isn't he the dude who played Fiona's love interest on Shameless? Ford maybe? Anyway he seems a better match for Meredith than Deluca I suppose.

How is Maggie even a doctor? I mean seriously. She comes across as an emotionally fragile 12 year old--and NOT in a good way. I just cannot suspend my belief far enough to accept that she made it through medical school much less is a world renown surgeon. Nope.

Another baby for Owen? say it ain't so!

Poor Bailey - that sucks.

Did Jo steal that baby? I mean I know she was the rescue contact but wasn't she supposed to hand it over to a social worker?  Cuz she seemed awful sketchy when she was showing Linc the baby in her apartment. Anywho, Alex is in for a shock when he gets home.

• Love 9