Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: Let's All Go to the Bar

• Start Topic

Just have to say that Grey's features the two most irritating characters on TV -- Meredith (aka "the Sun") and Maggie, the whiny, self-absorbed adolescent.  Also, is it just me or have the interns becomes less interesting and competent over the years?  I really don't care about any of them.

• Love 7

OK, I realize this show is little more than Ellen Pompeo's vanity project at this point, but this has gone too far and it's become laughable. There must have been tons of doctors at that hospital who are just as professionally accomplished as her AND infinitely more pleasant human beings, yet no one has been falling head over heels for them time and again like they do for her. It's ridiculous. Stop it. Oh, and I really hoped we had left the "McWhatever" thing behind us. Sigh. And OF COURSE the new guy is her next love interest. Of course. He might as well have showed up with a huge neon sign on his forehead that said so. 

Wouldn't it be hilarious (and by that I mean repulsive) if they did a hard reset and Owen/Amelia and Teddy/Koracick got back together yet again?! Because... I don't think that's completely outside the realm of possibility. Oh God. 

What the hell are doing with Catherine? If Debby Allen is not available/interested anymore, just write her out FFS. This whole "Hi! I'm back in town! Bye! I'm out of town again!" business that's been going on for months makes NO sense. Also, while she was never the most sympathetic character, she's become completely insufferable now. IMO, Richard has about a thousand times more chemistry with Gemma than he ever did with her.

I'm amazed at how they keep managing to bring Maggie's immaturity up a notch every single episode. Yes, go ahead and be rude to a colleague who might have literally saved a patient's life by coming up with a reasonable plan while you were too busy having a meltdown. OTOH, Teddy doing cardio surgery was one of the episode's rare highlights. I miss watching her in that capacity. I'd take her over Maggie as the Chief of Cardio in an instant, but LOL, of course there's no way Maggie's resignation sticks. 

I actually didn't expect anything to go wrong with Bailey's pregnancy, so that one caught me by surprise and it was genuinely moving. I too am guessing they end up adopting the baby Jo kidnapped.

Speaking of, I guess Jo has selective amnesia and doesn't remember that her mother was raped. That's about the only thing that could explain her behavour at this point.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Joana said:

I'm amazed at how they keep managing to bring Maggie's immaturity up a notch every single episode. Yes, go ahead and be rude to a colleague who might have literally saved a patient's life by coming up with a reasonable plan while you were too busy having a meltdown. OTOH, Teddy doing cardio surgery was one of the episode's rare highlights. I miss watching her in that capacity. I'd take her over Maggie as the Chief of Cardio in an instant, but LOL, of course there's no way Maggie's resignation sticks. 

It's not like Korsvic is doing anything smart either. I mean come on! We are suppose to believe that he still believes Teddy will come running back to him. As soon as Owen was given the go, Teddy ran back to him. I don't know about you but at that point I be moving on. Plus, a competent doctor would have sat Maggie down and gone over that he lost family too and it sucks. Then smack her upside the head tell her she is almost 35 and it's time to GROW UP!

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:05 PM, KaveDweller said:

I am predicting that when McWidow's wife died he wasn't given information about her condition that he thinks would have impacted her treatment or his time with her. So now he gives all his patients all possible info.

he said basically that in the elevator with Meredith at the end of the episode.

• Love 3

Meredith had every intention of revealing every detail of the girl's health situation as soon as she fully understood it, herself.  Her beef with McWidow (Shouldn't it be McWidower?) was that he revealed too much too soon.  I understood her point.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 7

I hate that he's going to be McWidower. The icon names should stay with the iconic characters.

4 hours ago, tinderbox said:

Meredith had every intention of revealing every detail of the girl's health situation as soon as she fully understood it, herself.  Her beef with McWidow (Shouldn't it be McWidower?) was that he revealed too much too soon.  I understood her point.

If I'm gardening and get a thorn in my finger, there is the chance that I could develop an infection that resists antibiotics and lose my hand. Or I could develop septic shock and die. But the most likely thing is that I'm going to clean the cut, put a bandage on it, and have forgotten all about it by the following week.  Tell the patient horses unless you have a reason to suspect zebras.

First Do No Harm, but Widower did because he unnecessarily frightened the patient and her mother.

I really don't need yet another character on this show who lets his or her emotions get in the way of being a good doctor.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, erikaelvis said:

Just watched. I think they are going to reveal that in between Owen and linc, Amelia had a one night stand with someone and they will be the father. 

I hope something like that happens. But I doubt it.

Otherwise, the writers have really gone and above and beyond to further complicate Owen's life. He wanted a kid so long, and he finally adopts a son, and it looked like he might have that family with Amelia. But then, he gets Teddy pregnant and they have a girl, and now he's with her, but he hasn't asked her to marry him. And now they're dangling the possibility that he also might be the father of Amelia's child. And all of this in the span of a little over a year. It's beyond crazy.

Why has it become so hard to just have a normal pregnancy or child on this show lately? Teddy winds up getting pregnant with Owen's child after a hook-up in Germany. Bailey has a miscarriage. Amelia stupidly waits until she's 20 weeks pregnant to have an ultrasound and now is not sure who the father is. And now Jo might be adopting a surrendered baby because she was surrendered.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

I hope something like that happens. But I doubt it.

Otherwise, the writers have really gone and above and beyond to further complicate Owen's life. He wanted a kid so long, and he finally adopts a son, and it looked like he might have that family with Amelia. But then, he gets Teddy pregnant and they have a girl, and now he's with her, but he hasn't asked her to marry him. And now they're dangling the possibility that he also might be the father of Amelia's child. And all of this in the span of a little over a year. It's beyond crazy.

Why has it become so hard to just have a normal pregnancy or child on this show lately? Teddy winds up getting pregnant with Owen's child after a hook-up in Germany. Bailey has a miscarriage. Amelia stupidly waits until she's 20 weeks pregnant to have an ultrasound and now is not sure who the father is. And now Jo might be adopting a surrendered baby because she was surrendered.

It's just like the interns, how many times are they going to do stupid things or act like they won a raffle and got into medical for free. You still have Schmidt doing stupid things and still having a problem with blood. Maybe you should see if you have a phobia of some kind. You have Meredith's still acting like she is a moon orbiting "the Sun" yet can't understand how natural childbirth works. You had the Muslim 3rd in her class who is basically told to wash the bosses car instead of teach her. Then you add in #4 who is wasted on one liners and zingers. Now you add into this: "You got Meredith Grey in trouble you idiot." Just stop! Then you add in that Pac North has a bunch of doctors who are oblivious to everything. It could be raining and they would be going: "why am I wet?" Just stop already.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I really don't need yet another character on this show who lets his or her emotions get in the way of being a good doctor.

Ummmm.... I hate to break it to you .... but that's basically the premise of this show.

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

Amelia stupidly waits until she's 20 weeks pregnant to have an ultrasound and now is not sure who the father is.

In Amelia's defense, her first baby developed lacking a brain. She found out in her ultrasound and she had to carry her baby to term and deliver, knowing that he could only live a few hours.

She's scared that the same thing may happen again, and wanted to delay finding out in case it was.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

In Amelia's defense, her first baby developed lacking a brain. She found out in her ultrasound and she had to carry her baby to term and deliver, knowing that he could only live a few hours.

She's scared that the same thing may happen again, and wanted to delay finding out in case it was.

I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks.  The next time I was pregnant I didn't even go to the doctor until I passed 12 weeks because I just couldn't handle it...and they didn't do a sonogram until about 18 weeks anyway.

• Love 4
On 11/22/2019 at 9:47 PM, SoapDoc said:

At this point in Amelia's pregnancy, using the size of the fetus in an ultrasound is a lot less reliable

Here's my pregnancy/ultrasound story: I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 20 weeks along (VERY long, medically technical story that I won't bore anyone with). When I had my first ultrasound, the doctor was able to pinpoint how far along I was by measuring the baby's leg bones. She was 100% accurate - my son was born within 3 days of his projected full term due date based on that ultrasound. That was 23 years ago, and I'll bet that the technology is a lot better these days. So in this episode, when what-her-name told Amelia she was 24 weeks along, I immediately assumed that was based on the baby's bone measurements. But certainly there could be a range. 

Edited by Biggie B
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Biggie B said:

Here's my pregnancy/ultrasound story: I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 20 weeks along (VERY long, medically technical story that I won't bore anyone with). When I had my first ultrasound, the doctor was able to pinpoint how far along I was by measuring the baby's leg bones. She was 100% accurate - my son was born within 3 days of his projected full term due date based on that ultrasound. That was 23 years ago, and I'll bet that the technology is a lot better these days. So in this episode, when what-her-name told Amelia she was 24 weeks along, I immediately assumed that was based on the baby's bone measurements. But certainly there could be a range. 

As someone who is 20 weeks pregnant tomorrow, I am super jealous of your symptomless pregnancy 😫

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:13 PM, RoxiP said:

I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks.  The next time I was pregnant I didn't even go to the doctor until I passed 12 weeks because I just couldn't handle it...and they didn't do a sonogram until about 18 weeks anyway.

I was the opposite. 2 early miscarriages--which led me to freak out with both my other pregnancies to the point a friend wisely advised me to call my doctor, tell her I needed an early ultrasound--which I did (around 9 weeks) and it greatly calmed me. What I did avoid was visiting baby stores until the end. I can understand either reaction.