Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E3 The Float Goes On

• Start Topic

The women prepare to attend world pride in New York City: Eva and Cynthia grow closer; Kenya tells her family about her relationship problems with Marc; Kandi and Todd discuss various approaches to parenting; Nene shares good news about Gregg 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 1

why do all these woman suddenly find and invoke God/ The Lord  but still act a damn fool and think that makes it ok? its not a catch all to absolve you of your wrong doing stop it ... its so transparent .... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

why do all these woman suddenly find and invoke God/ The Lord  but still act a damn fool and think that makes it ok? its not a catch all to absolve you of your wrong doing stop it ... its so transparent .... 

They use their newfound religion/spirituality as an inoculation against accountability. Y’all know God forgives, honey!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I feel bad for Kenya and Porsha. It's pretty heartbreaking. Kenya's husband is going out of his way to be a complete jerk. Porsha should have been prepared a bit since she married that hot dog player, but even as angry as I was for what she pulled on Kandi, I can't help but feel bad for her now.

NeNe and her redemption arc are going to last about 5 minutes. After almost admitting what a jerk she's been (is the sky falling?) she didn't waste any time reverting to her usual persona. She needs to be gone. She's no queen of this franchise and most of the fans, I believe, want her gone. Too bad Bravo, once again, isn't giving us what we want.

Loved Cynthia's rainbow hat.

• Love 21

I have a different opinion on Kenya, never ever have I heard of a mother being jealous of her newborn daughter.  It made me sick.  there was one point when Kenya was asking her husband who was his number one, Brooklyn turned her had and gave Kenya the stick eye.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Kenya shouldn’t have  had a child. She will never be able to put anyone first before herself and a mother has to be willing to do that, at least while the child is young. She looked like a total ass trying to get that guy to choose her over the baby.  Though he sure didn’t do himself any favors with the way he was treating her.  Agree with everyone, that I did not care for Nene returning. I think she thinks the Lord isher personal property. 

• Love 18

Nene is no longer the star of this show.  My vote for that goes to Kandi - she's get real businesses going on, became incredibly wealthy on her OWN and is actually somewhat interesting.

That being said, I gave this franchise three episodes.  There is no story line for any of them that interests me.  Not Kandi and her surrogate, not Cynthia and her will she/won't she make up with Nene (who has NO storyline) and her burning desire to get married.  

Not Eva and her baby, not Kenya and her baby and her failing marriage and ESPECIALLY not screeching Porsha.

Removed from DVR.....bye ladies.

I think the Real Housewives have in many ways really run their course.  Everything looks scripted, run for a storyline.  

BTW----does Kenya REALLY have a million-dollar business?  

Edited by Carolina Girl
buy / bye / by....learn about synonyms.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

How many years is this for the "Cynthia is MY BEST FRIEND storyline"  

Round 1 Nene v Kenya

Round 2 Nene v Claudia

Round 3 Eva v Kenya

Has anyone visited Nene's SWAG Boutique in Vegas. I spent an hour walking around looking for it at the hotel and even the information booth dude had no idea what the heck I was talking about.

Edited by Boofish
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Axie said:

I didn’t think Kenya being jealous of her daughter was a good look, but, since the marriage is already over, I guess it doesn’t matter.

I don't know that Kenya is actually jealous of the baby, she's jealous of the attention the baby is getting from Marc and she is justified in feeling the way she does.  Marc couldn't be bothered to show up for the baby's party on the other episode and was very vague when Kenya asked him when he was coming to see her and the baby.

But now that he's in Atlanta, all of a sudden he's up the baby's ass and using the baby to not have to interact with Kenya.

And whining about eggs? How about you run a restaurant and you fix your own eggs?

56 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

BTW----does Kenya REALLY have a million-dollar business? 

I have seen her hair care products in Sally Beauty Supply so maybe she does?

• Love 22

I don't know that Kenya is actually jealous of the baby, she's jealous of the attention the baby is getting from Marc and she is justified in feeling the way she does.  Marc couldn't be bothered to show up for the baby's party on the other episode and was very vague when Kenya asked him when he was coming to see her and the baby.

Yeah, Marc is an asshole. I also caught that he has Brooklyn sleep between them, so clearly, there's also a lack of intimacy happening. He knows that Kenya was raised in dysfunction and that family is a trigger point for her, so he's going to try her because he's aware that she'll do anything she can to hold on to the nuclear family she never had growing up. 

Add her failed relationships on top of that, and how desperate she was for a husband and child, he's hit pay dirt. He can treat her anyhow because he knows her emotional live wires. 

Please don't subscribe to that "a piece of man is better than no man" bullshit, Kenya. You know something is wrong. This is not how a relationship/marriage should be. 

I wondered as well when she said she's running a multimillion dollar business. I guess her haircare products are doing better than I thought.

Didn't miss NeNe and do not care that she's back. Don't care even more about whether or not she'll make up with Cynthia. I'm tired of the junior high school back and forth with those two. 

• Love 19

I don't feel sorry for either Kenya or Porsha.  Both of them got what they wanted.  They didn't want husbands, they wanted children.

I can see Kenya competing with Brooklyn for attention for a long time.  She's a narcissist who NEVER should have had a child, especially a daughter.  

I think Porsha will be a good mother, I think she wanted to have a child, not an extension of herself, like Kenya.  

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't feel sorry for either Kenya or Porsha.  Both of them got what they wanted.  They didn't want husbands, they wanted children.

I can see Kenya competing with Brooklyn for attention for a long time.  She's a narcissist who NEVER should have had a child, especially a daughter.  

I think Porsha will be a good mother, I think she wanted to have a child, not an extension of herself, like Kenya.  

I agree with all of this. I don't know if Kenya is going to have a healthy relationship with her daughter as the child starts to grow up. She is just so damn dysfunctional and at her age she's not going to change. I hope I'm wrong for the sake of the child. 

Porsha has a good mom and sister and brother. She knows what a functional family looks like, Kenya has never lived that life. Sad for her, sadder for the child. 

• Love 13

Nene is back and being as lame as ever.  I think she just barely tolerates Gregg, and when was she his caregiver?  When she was shopping, going on vacation, or throwing parties at her house?  I can't stand the mugging she does for the cameras in her TH's.  It makes her look so insecure.  Marlo was being totally annoying in their conversation in NY.  Nene is a big girl--she can speak to them any way she wants.  I thought a "hello" was just fine.  And I wouldn't even give Cynthia that.  I would have ignored her and spoken to the Housewives from other franchises.    

Having said that, I am 0% convinced that Eva had to move because of Nene.  I can't even dignify that one.  Eva is broke.  Next.

Kenya is getting played by Marc big time.  He is like...the biggest asshole I've seen in a long while.  Acting like pancakes instead of eggs is some hardship.  Did he specifically request eggs?  And all the while, he's acting like Kenya doesn't have running water or something.  And, Kenya, he's just not that into you.  The way Marc is acting is exactly like a guy who has a girlfriend in New York, and when girlfriend asks Marc why he's going to Atlanta, he tells her it's to see his kid, and not for Kenya.  Hence all the dubious behavior, such as saying he wants the kid to come away with them for his birthday.  He's gaslighting her.  I know how much Kenya wants this, but I wish she would have just said, "Marc, we're not spending any time together as a couple.  Che can babysit Brooklyn.  Can you spend this day(s) and these nights(s) alone with me?  Or do we have a big problem?"  It would have been worth the price of admission just to see that shit-eating grin leave his face for two seconds.  Kenya, I'm calling it now--Marc is going to try to turn that child against you early on and thoroughly.

Once again, Porsha is being asked if she can reconcile with Dennis.  I know Tanya is a "friend friend," so she can push boundaries, but I just don't know why a friend-friend would suggest you get back together with a serial cheater.

Todd, this season and last, fuck off with the surrogate etiquette.  Last season he wanted to touch the belly of the surrogate, and this time he's telling Kandi she has to invite the surrogate to Kandi's baby shower, so that other people can touch the belly?  He's such a freak.  It's Kandi's and his baby that is being grown and fed in another person's body, and she's being compensated handsomely.  Not that this is the standard, but Kim K didn't invite her surrogate to her baby shower.  It's weird.  I would get jealous having someone else fawn over my surrogate when it was my baby.  Todd, stick to taking Kayla to the strip clubs, ok?  Weirdo.  Can't wait for Mama Joyce to hear about this new chapter.

Oh good, hashtag chill was FaceTiming while Mike was driving!  Checking out Cynthia's hat and shit.  That's safe.  And Cynthia, you are weak and desperate.  And may I add immature?

I do not think Andy Cohen should be part of the narrative whatsoever.  He already has his own (awful) show; how much attention does he need???  I was surprised at how heavy and unattractive he presented, including yellow teeth, when he wasn't groomed to within an inch of his life.  Keep Andy Cohen to the reunions, if you must keep him.  it's way too meta for him to have a role in the drama.  Ugh.

I can't believe Bravo teased the Pride float "confrontation" for three episodes running now.  That sure bodes well for a new season...

• Love 12

I don't think Kenya sees Brooklyn as any extension of herself at all. She saw her as what she thought was a loving result of a relationship hence naming her Brooklyn (where her parents met), & honoring her grandmother hence naming her Doris.

Wondering did the intimacy has gone since Brooklyn's birth, in no way means the baby is some target of hatred for her now. Kenya did have a loving upbringing complete with extended family & siblings. She wasn't raised by rabid wolves. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Sugarbaker said:

I don't think Kenya sees Brooklyn as any extension of herself at all. She saw her as what she thought was a loving result of a relationship hence naming her Brooklyn (where her parents met), & honoring her grandmother hence naming her Doris.

Wondering did the intimacy has gone since Brooklyn's birth, in no way means the baby is some target of hatred for her now. Kenya did have a loving upbringing complete with extended family & siblings. She wasn't raised by rabid wolves. 

OT: I’m sad you changed your profile pic, but I love Bob’s Burgers so I’ll get over it. 😊

17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Brooklyn legit looks like a doll. That is one adorable baby. 

She is! And I prefer the way her hair looks when Kenya doesn’t mess with it and slick it all down, just leave it alone.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sugarbaker said:

The baby's middle name is Doris?  I don't know what a Doris looks like but I don't picture Brooklyn's face when I think of one.  

That's Bethenney.  ba-dum-bum.

I've known mothers to be "jealous of the baby" that's how I've heard outsiders articulate what is probably, more accurately the way drivethroo describes it - jealous of the attention that was formerly theirs to take for granted being lavished on the baby.   Honestly it's more commonly felt the other way around since initially moms are doing a heavier percentage of the doting (says me).

@LibertarianSlut "he's just not that into you"

tenor.gif

Like, at all.  They must skip the part of the ceremony where anybody present objects to this union, in St. Lucia, because for why would Marc go through with it, he can't muster up one iota of steam for this woman.   Son?  you married a Miss USA and ain't got no fux?  Ya'll that would mess my mind up for life.  Men get slapped turning around to look at me and the once't in a while when I see the one I wound up with, all he cares about is his omelet?  Just gawn and take me, Je-sus.   I started to think maybe he was just uncomfortable in front of a camera but he's reluctant about all of it, including, but not limited to looking at his wife.  I know why she did it.  Why'd he? 

Kandi please go head and get over surrogacy.  Dr. Jackie explained the whole thing.  Your egg, big ole Waterhead's sperm, another carrier.  Quit calling it weird, you chose this method.  Shit. 

Nene can miss me with God working on her and a simultaneous tiddy shake.  Well bitch, he ain't through with you yet, have a seat.   I pray your "friends" tell you to go kiss the entire crack a' they ass in Jesus' name.  Q'gonk!  

Porsha made me laugh because:  first time moms.  Folding baby clothes.  Lol!!!  You can tell when somebody's first baby is 8 weeks old.  Lemme see that closet after she turns 1.    

Is it really this serious to be wife'd up? 

The audience reaction at Bravo Con made me look at them weirdly.  Lol.   Zolciak coming out was supposed to be the mic drop moment.  Girl, I guess. 

tenor.gif

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sugarbaker said:

Kenya did have a loving upbringing complete with extended family & siblings. She wasn't raised by rabid wolves. 

She sure made it sound that way. For many seasons. 

Nene needs to stop those stupid faces and noises she makes in her TH's. She thinks she's so funny when in reality she's just repulsive. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Kenya got married too quickly and was just a bit too desperate. I get where she is coming from, though, with regards to Marc and the attention he is giving his daughter, but it isn't a good look for her. Then again, he comes off as a controlling asshole, so...it's a tie?

Someone needs to tell Nene that there is more than one type of gay person in this world. Not all of us are sassy queens who snap in triple z formation. Why, some of us could even pass for bearded lumberjacks.

Also, we're not accessories.

This so much! And I’ve never heard anyone with actual gay friends (as opposed to gay assistants/makeup artists/hairstylists/other people on your payroll who have to be nice to you) refer to gay people as “the gays.” So cringeworthy.

• Love 13

My favorite Sunday memory is Porsha winning the unintentional shade award for the second time for this gem at Kandi "what I'm not about to do is have 2 different baby daddies."

Her first award was lowkey calling Kim daughter a hoe😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

But now that he's in Atlanta, all of a sudden he's up the baby's ass and using the baby to not have to interact with Kenya.

And whining about eggs? How about you run a restaurant and you fix your own eggs?

I have seen her hair care products in Sally Beauty Supply so maybe she does?

Everybody keeps mentioning Marc's absence at the party, but why would he attend some Barbie party. Assuming the dude is actually working and making a living, why travel from New York for this hen party? In this episode Kenya mentioned she hadn't yet made plans for Brooklyn's first birthday, so was there any other reason for the party except for the ladies to get into costume? 

Marc is acting all kinds of shady, but Kenya is slick too. For example her TH saying she expected them to spend most of their time together as a family. She spouts this nonsense knowing his businesses are in New York and she has chosen to stay in Atlanta. This is akin to marrying a baseball player and whining because you don't spend summers on the French Riviera. 

Kenya's narrative is always funky. I don't know when her relationship with crazy eyes ended and when she latched on to Mr Alpha male who she's has always narrated with cautionary tones when she's not narrating her fairy tale marriage.

I'm surprised there's still something awkward in how she holds Brooklyn or bottle feeds her.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Kenya shouldn’t have  had a child. She will never be able to put anyone first before herself and a mother has to be willing to do that, at least while the child is young. She looked like a total ass trying to get that guy to choose her over the baby.  Though he sure didn’t do himself any favors with the way he was treating her.  Agree with everyone, that I did not care for Nene returning. I think she thinks the Lord isher personal property. 

I think Kenya should have had a child, but she should not have had one with that douche of a man. Kenya should have become a "single mom by choice" like so many other women have taken to doing.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I’m glad to hear that Gregg is ok.  Now I don’t need to see Nene at all anymore thanks Bravo she can go.

Watching her talking head made me cringe, she is trying to pick up where she left off and now her facial expressions and mannerisms look dated and old hat...stop trying to make fetch happen, lol.

That interview they were doing for the American Cancer Foundation was stupid, the interviewer asked what part of Gregg being sick was the hardest and Nene launched in to something that made it about her and marital problems,  maybe the interviewer wanted something about the diagnosis, trying to find doctors and the right treatments, etc...and of course, boobs out.

• Love 17

now her facial expressions and mannerisms look dated and old hat

Thanks to all the plastic surgery, watching Nene these days feels like watching a soap opera where they recast someone with another actor who looks very similar, but it isn't the same, if that makes sense? Like, it feels like we still have the Nene character, but something about it just feels off.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Thanks to all the plastic surgery, watching Nene these days feels like watching a soap opera where they recast someone with another actor who looks very similar, but it isn't the same, if that makes sense? Like, it feels like we still have the Nene character, but something about it just feels off.

That’s a good description. “Old” Nene was funny and kind of fun with a side of mess. “New” Nene is seething with rage and full of entitlement. The “fun” seems forced and not at all organic.

I think Cynthia is one of the most beautiful housewives across all the cities, but that pink dress for Pride did her no favors at all. She usually dresses so well, this was a surprising miss.

• Love 11

Seeing Kenya and Marc together only makes me doubt that their “marriage “ was ever legit. Their energy together is off the chart awkward.  Kenya needs some intense psychotherapy- even though she acts like her own biggest fan, she clearly has self esteem issues to be with such a creep like Marc. 

• Love 9

I am over Cynthia. She has never been all that interesting. I don't care if she is getting married or not. She can just tweet a picture of her dress. I loved what she wore for her last wedding.

Don't care if Noelle is fluid or not and it is none of my business anyway.

• Love 9

It feels like the way Marc loathes Kenya now that he must have realized he couldn’t stand her somewhere in the middle of her pregnancy.  Never get married during the infatuation stage!!!! He is in love with his daughter, but not his wife, and ain’t nothing Kenya can do about that.  Asking him to say she’s number one before the baby was embarrassing. 

Kenya presents her entire life as a shiny, clean facade, and it all just rings fake.  Her pristine White House where the only sign of a baby is the actual baby?  Everybody knows that’s some staged bullshit.  Her super easy pregnancy at 47 where she had a perfectly flat tummy and tiny waist immediately after giving birth? I mean, come on.  Trying to portray that dead, miserable marriage as a happy family having breakfast and talking about having so much love...she needs to realize Marc is a restaurateur, not an Oscar winking actor, and he’s not down for that kind of performance. Sorry Kenya’s not getting all the attention anymore, but that’s what happens when a baby arrives and the romantic relationship has shriveled.

Porsha as a mom is so much easier to watch because there are piles of baby laundry everywhere and she’s changing diapers and walks around tired. She’s not sporting full hair and makeup for a contrived breakfast scene, she’s busy doing the real shit.  Maybe Kenya has a nanny and housekeeper that she’s keeping a secret to make her look like the mother who has it all and does it all, because I am not buying her sanitized and polished version of her life.  I never have, but I do even less now.

Nene makes me sick, and watching Gregg kiss her ass and tell her what an amazing caregiver she was, and how hard it was on her, and how, as THE PERSON BATTLING CANCER, he needed to be quiet and listen more? I wanted to break something with my bare hands.  She has really turned up the stupid faces and fake laughs and weird noises in her interviews.  Someone needs to tell her that shit ceased to be amusing many years ago.

Cynthia looks amazing as always. Loved her Pride hat. 

I think it’s kind of yuck for Kandi to throw a baby shower because she is wealthy.  Showers are for new parents to get the baby items they need, but this is her third child, she knows what she will need and she can buy all of it.  In this situation I think it’s more appropriate to have a party after the baby is born to introduce her to everyone, instead of a shower.  Also, the shower is to celebrate the mom to be, and I always thought part of that was loving on her and acknowledging that her pregnancy has been hard work and is not going unnoticed.  Surrogacy does make that an odd dynamic.  

• Love 18
22 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Having said that, I am 0% convinced that Eva had to move because of Nene.  I can't even dignify that one.  Eva is broke.  Next.

Whether Eva is broke or not, her donor is off his rocker and was fighting the courtroom baliffs/police down the courthouse escalator a couple of weeks ago because he could't film his court proceedings for his Instagram Live.  I wouldn't want anyone knowing where I lived, either. 

22 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

how did 47 year old Kenya have this baby anyway?  

Unless the 47 year old woman is in menopause, it is entirely possible for a 47, 48. 51 year old woman to have a child.  It may be more difficult and dangerous, but it is not impossible.

As mentioned before, Kenya had IVF.

18 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Everybody keeps mentioning Marc's absence at the party, but why would he attend some Barbie party. Assuming the dude is actually working and making a living, why travel from New York for this hen party?

Why travel from New York to attend the child's first birthday party, then?

22 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Is it really this serious to be wife'd up? 

Unfortunately in our society, women are told they ain't shit if they can't get a man/husband.

42 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Seeing Kenya and Marc together only makes me doubt that their “marriage “ was ever legit. Their energy together is off the chart awkward.  

Their energy is awkward because both of them have strong personalities and are in engaged in a battle of wills.  Kenya doesn't want to stay in NYC and be Mrs. Marc Daly; Marc doesn't want to move to Atlanta and be Mr. Kenya Moore. 

Both of them are being manipulative with the baby, neither one will give in, and so the marriage will end.

Kenya needs to learn she doesn't need a man to have the house, the fence, the kids, the dog and the station wagon. With her personality and her age, she's likely not going to be able to find a man that meshes with her personality who will marry her.  IMO she probably dimmed her lights to be more attractive to Marc and now that the ring has been secured, is showing her true personality and he doesn't like it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

^^^

Right, I never contended that Eva didn't have to move.  I only said that I believe 0% that it was because of Nene.  I also think she's broke, which is why she has been unable to "choose" a house.  

And, like I said last season, if your donor is so crazy that you have to keep moving to hide from him, I don't think you belong on international reality television.  I respectfully disagree with the theory that was floated last season that the cameras are keeping her safe, unless the cameramen, along with armed guards, are at her residence 24/7.

• Love 8

Re: Kenya’s tidy home — Someone correct next if I’m wrong, but I think she said she does have nannies (one in ATL, one in NYC). Can’t remember if she said it on the show or some interview, though.

• Love 2
On 11/17/2019 at 10:16 PM, Axie said:

I didn’t think Kenya being jealous of her daughter was a good look, but, since the marriage is already over, I guess it doesn’t matter.

IDK.  She doesn't seem to have any maternal instinct.  The baby in the tub was horrendous.  The baby should always come first.  I feel bad for the kid.

• Love 9