Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: What Am I Worth to You?

Spike
  • Start Topic

The only reason Sasha stated for being there for Emily was because she doesn't speak Russian well & wouldn't be able to think about finding words quickly while in pain. I didn't see any tears of joy or anything else out of him & his face, to me, barely registered anything except, "Oh look, a baby".  

The only thing 'good' about him coming to US is if he'll start being held financially accountable possibly for this last kid but at least for ones he'll make in the future.

*edited to add a possibly unstated reason: birth was being filmed so he had to play his part

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Will Mursel's family ever visit the US? If not, does it really matter whether or not they know that bee lady has three kids?

Well, yeah. They are 3 not fully formed human beings. And if he is marrying their mom then they become a priority in his life. Or they SHOULD. And if they won't then she shouldn't be marrying him at all. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, b2H said:

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why he needs to wait 10 years to tell the 'rents.  That doesn't make any sense.

Oh, and Anny?  Here's your plane ticket home.  I agree she may've been misled, thinking that any American is rich, regardless, but her attitude?  She doesn't deserve a damned thing.  Not one.  She's an ungrateful wench and she should just go back to her DR home and have a nice life.  He's no winner either - there're better ways to say things than to bluntly come out with it, but she's just awful.

Personally, I think mursel plans to confess everything to their gravestones.  Unless of course there is some social neighborhood in the afterlife that will judge his parents harshly.....

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2019 at 9:44 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I have no idea why people do not take care of those things, she reminds me of the Austin Powers with the mole, moley, molllleeee turrets episode he went thru with Fred Savage's character.

Are they dangerous? Or just unsightly?

6 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

SAVE ANNA'S BOYS from their mom. What it must be doing do their psyches to be rejected that they don't exist by this man and his family. Don't think for a second race isn't a factor here (I am just gonna say it) .

Possibly. But Turkey is a huge, diverse country that spans two continents and crosses the Mediterreanean Sea and part of the Middle East. Those boys could easily pass for Turkish.

But very sad how he described this situation as a "sin."

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Gobi said:

It's her manger. After the virgin birth (because Syringe isn't going to contribute to it), she's expecting three wise men to show up with presents.

Is one of the presents a free camper van?  Asking for syngin.

1 hour ago, shockermolar said:

In the limo that's all decked out and intended for prom night groups. Which begs the addition of:

Michael: I wish everyone would stop harping on her age

Also Michael: instead of renting a reasonable town car or even a plain stretch limo, I am going to rent a showboating teenage boy's wet-dream stretch hummer with an interior trim in bitchin' colors!!

It had an emergency exit ....which was the sunroof.......it's not a car for adults.  

19 minutes ago, b2H said:

That's too good for her.  Plane ticket.  Now.

I think there are some guys on this franchise who misrepresent their situation in order to get a woman to drop all other suitors and move forward with then exclusively (Colt).

Robert just does not strike me as that type of guy.  He is soooo upfront about his lack of money and seems genuinely surprised that anny isn't into shopping at the Goodwill.  He talks about his lack of money like all the time.  

If he did misrepresent himself then yeah that's on him.  I don't have any issue with a transactional relationship.  But, if she knew that she was bargaining for a broke Uber driver because she really wanted to get to the states, she can't be upset when he behaves like he is broke.  

If he misrepresented his financial situation then he is at fault and shouldn't have wasted her time.  He just doesn't seem like the type.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

It's correctly pronounced KY-yiv,  looks like this:  КИїВ

2 syllables.

I believe the spelling may have even changed from KIEV to KYYIV.  At least that's what the Ukrainian Weekly says!!

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think there are some guys on this franchise who misrepresent their situation in order to get a woman to drop all other suitors and move forward with then exclusively (Colt).

Robert just does not strike me as that type of guy.  He is soooo upfront about his lack of money and seems genuinely surprised that anny isn't into shopping at the Goodwill.  He talks about his lack of money like all the time.  

If he did misrepresent himself then yeah that's on him.  I don't have any issue with a transactional relationship.  But, if she knew that she was bargaining for a broke Uber driver because she really wanted to get to the states, she can't be upset when he behaves like he is broke.  

If he misrepresented his financial situation then he is at fault and shouldn't have wasted her time.  He just doesn't seem like the type.

I think they both agreed that he promised to take her clothes shopping, tho. Was he wrong to omit the fact that this would take place at a thrift store? Or was she wrong to assume it would take place at a mall?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

I think they both agreed that he promised to take her clothes shopping, tho. Was he wrong to omit the fact that this would take place at a thrift store? Or was she wrong to assume it would take place at a mall?

As a dedicated Goodwill, Turnstyle, and Savers shopper, I would assume it would be at a mall.  But that is me.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, BallisticNikki said:

This is an excellent question, and we're this a contract I believe you'd be able to take parole evidence (evidence outside the contract) to determine what the agreement was.

So, I'd say, if he represented himself as broke as a joke with one kid to raise and allegedly like four others to financially support then the "shopping" they agreed to would be goodwill shopping because he doesn't even have forever 21 or "styles 4 less" money.

If he represented himself as a man who is more middle class, makes a decent living, would buy her that iPhone and has only one kid he cares for, then the agreed upon "shopping" should have occured at the mall.  But not for Chanel and Versace.

• Love 9
On 11/17/2019 at 4:38 AM, DiamondGirl said:

Syngin doesn’t want kids.  Shrek doesn’t want kids for a long time (anyone else think she was trying to tell him she’s pregnant?). Mursel doesn’t want Anna’s kids. The only kid Michael wants is Juliana.  Sasha has a get-a-woman, add-a-kid policy.

This is a sad season for children.

Looks like "doesn't want kids" is this year's "I'm married". Yawn. They are just phoning it in at Sharp these days. I don't buy a single one of these "problems". I think Syngin and Tania are making it all up out of whole cloth for their 15 minutes. Mursel and Anna have been talked into making Mursel's poor parents the villains, since they are safely in Turkey (A Muslim Country! Horrors! Who knows who's lopping whose head off, or heading off to the weekly stoning!) and unlikely to ever hear of this totally stupid storyline. They're such bad actors, to boot. Poor little Bryson is a doll but his daddy is mean, and stingy. Max and CeCe will at least have a young, fun stepmom. So there's that.

10 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Ukrainians actually say "Keev."  But for an English speaker to say "Keev" when speaking English is sort of like saying "I took the Eurostar from London to Par-ee."

My husband does stuff like this, to my eternal mortification. He'll say "she's from Meh-hee-co" or "they went on vacation to N'awlins". Yikes. He's from South Jersey.

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

In the Anna/Mursel relationship, I totally lay the blame for keeping the boys a secret on Anna.  She knew Mursel's position yet she continued to seek out a relationship with him, become engaged, and spend the money to bring him over to the U.S. on a K-1 visa.  She presents herself as the victim and is very passive-aggressive in the discussions about the boys.  However, I believe she knew Mursel's perspective and continued in the relationship in spite of his reluctance to acknowledge her sons.  I really feel for the boys but do not buy the hurt victim role Anna is trying to play.

Right? Did she not understand that the K1 is a fiance visa? Why did she go to all the trouble and expense? Now she's mewing about how they need to determine whether or not to continue? I hate her. If I hear her whine "the boys" one more time....

28 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

He talked to her very disrespectfully. He is rude and I think she should have spoken up and then left. It looks like she was prepared to be his all but found out his weak game plan. I think he pursued her with a bunch of lines that may not have been lies but weren’t quite the truth...

If you respect and love someone you don’t call them names like that. I see why some of these people need to find romance outside the country. They have very little appeal and Robert has no “Mack”... he Is definitely not good with people.

But, Anny was upfront with what she wanted and there seems to be a problem with women who do that. She wants things. He lied. His tightwad butt lied and then treated like he found her on the streets.

I think he probably has a very low opinion of women in general.

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

My thoughts exactly! She'll let them stay up late, watch scary movies and eat junk food. 

Until they show up sleep deprived and on a sugar overload high to the mom's house.........

Can't wait for THAT conversation!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I can't understand not discussing kids right off the bat.  I know it seems forward to most people but it's very important.  Why waste all that time and energy if you know the other person does/doesn't want kids? Unless you don't plan on anything long term of course.

• Love 6

Anny isn't too bright.  If Robert booked a cruise to see her for 8 hours, that should have told her the man was either broke, or not about to spend too much on her.  BTW, who made her blue dress, Dior or Versace?  Maybe she thinks she's Zendaya in Bruno Mars' video, "Versace on the Floor"  Well, at least she liked the cheap lingerie.

I used to be like Tania, until I realized that I wasn't the director of everybody's lives.   Sure she gets her way all the time, probably because no one wants to argue with her, easier to give her want she wants.  SA lover isn't about that.  I liked what he told Tania, she has her whole life planned out, she's got the frame and now wants to fit a picture (Syngin) inside it.  BTW, does she want to raise a kid in her mother's shed?  

I get Murcel too; there are countries where the collective is more important than the individual, so his family unit is more important than the individual members.  Anna should have known that before getting involved with him.  BTW, how would Murcel's family feel if Anna was a widow?

Michael and Juliana are perfect because each of them has what the other wants.  Getting "married for love" is a recent concept.  Many people all over the world marry for something else other than love; is that right?  I don't know, plenty of people who got married for love are divorced.  They'll stay together as long as Juliana stays beautiful and Michael stays flush.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

Kiev is pronounced, basically,  KEEV. The American pronunciation is for some reason, Kee YEV. But it doesnt sound right at all, it sounds all French and wierd. . The emphasis should be on the KEE, and the YIV is understated. 

What's his name probably never heard it pronounced by anyone before Mariaclone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don't get people like Mursel who go on television shows with a giant secret they need to keep. What kind of idiot tries to keep his fiance's THREE KIDS a secret from his family, EVEN ABSENT BEING ON A TV SHOW?? I'm REALLY not getting the impression that he's working with more than a 2 digit IQ. Between being an heinously rude houseguest, (don't go to a different country and bitch to your host about how much it sucks there & how much better the food is where you're from after your host makes a meal for you! Was Mursel raised by a family of Turkish wolves??) and his apparent lack of interest in being part of her kids' lives, I can't see Mursel and Anna working out. Those two shouldn't have even been trying to get married because it's easily apparent to even a casual observer that the obstacles for these two are insurmountable. 

• Love 14
36 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

The fact that he has been less than honest with her about his financial picture, for instance she says "I want Gucci" and he says, "Sure baby, I will buy you all the Gucci you want," she purrs, "I love you, can you send me a little money, I need a few things."  Robert probably sent a couple of hundred dollars and she thinks she hit the jackpot, plenty of money to tap in to.  The reality is he painted himself financially able, she would not have gotten on that plane if she thought there was no money.

Don't these people ever face time from their hovels, anyone would see the in the background as see how he lives and realize there is no money.

Not having anything Gucci you can live with but what about being the built in babysitter when Robert is out trying to make Gucci dollars, that will take a lot of Lyft fares and a lot of hours.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This was what I was wondering. Would it be OK is she was a widow? Is it that she has kids at all, or that she's "damaged goods"?

All I could think of was that the grannies are hoping for grandkids, and learning that Annabee already has three probably means she isn't interested in having, or is too old to have, more.

Plus, Turkish kids are better.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Spike said:

I know some parents use the nickname “Big Guy” for their son, but is Michael clueless about the double meaning re Max?

Yes, but I think Max is aware and is funny about it. When Cece said she made all the food, Max was like “I’m the taste tester” (almost like, obviously) —then grabbed a sausage and went to town

Love him!

Edited by Inga
Adding
  • Love 18

Robert's "apology" to Anny was perfect. I mean, maybe he did promise her lavish shopping sprees, who knows? But there was a better way for her to express her displeasure at having been taken thrift shopping if she was there for love, rather than for money. I had forgotten about all the angry emojis she texted Robert when he said he sent her money, but she wasn't able to retrieve it until she started whining about wanting him to buy her better things. That reminded me of my initial impression of her, which was GOLD DIGGER DIGGING IN A MINE THAT HAS NO GOLD.

What super-sucks about this is how attached it appears Bryson has become to Anny. I suspect that's going to get pretty ugly by season's end. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Not having anything Gucci you can live with but what about being the built in babysitter when Robert is out trying to make Gucci dollars, that will take a lot of Lyft fares and a lot of hours.

Apparently Robert's American girlfriend wouldn't put up with his bullshit. Why should the poor immigrant girl from the DR put up with it? Dude's a joke! It blows me away how eager she is to sleep with the guy.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Lesia said:

2 syllables.

I believe the spelling may have even changed from KIEV to KYYIV.  At least that's what the Ukrainian Weekly says!!

My understanding, vis a vis a recent mention about this very issue last week on NPR, as it relates to recent political events, is this:

Kee-Ehv (& w/2 syllables) is the Russian way of pronunciation.

Keev  (1 syllable) is how Ukrainians pronounce this.

It was stated that it's highly offensive to Ukrainians to pronounce it the 2-syllable way, which I can totally understand given the political climate between the Ukraine and Russia. The story was about how the State Dept., I think, issued a circular to staff about how they should stop calling it KEE-Ehv and start calling it KEEv, because Ukrainians took offense at Americans pronouncing their city's name like the country who is trying to overthrow them. I get it...

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 10
  • Love 8

I am super surprised that the gold diggers don't look at the receipts of these broke ass losers - Paul, Robert, Benjamin, Russ, etc., before getting involved in the "relationship" but then these broke ass losers trying to buy these high maintenance but really broken down hos on a budget is flat out crazy.  The only Versace Anny sees is on the girlfriends of the baseball superstars that come back to see momma in the DR.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, gingerella said:

It was stated that it's highly offensive to Ukrainians to pronounce it the 2-syllable way, which I can totally understand given the political climate between the Ukraine and Russia.

So, it skeeves them out?

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

I’ll bet Robert did promise everything Anny says he did.  As usual everyone will say she’s a gold digger and only there for money and what she can get, but why are the mans motives never  brought into question?  It’s obvious what he wanted and it wasn’t to provide her with a better life or because he was in love.  He wants someone to take care of his kid, cook, clean, do laundry and wait for  him to come home so she can fulfill his every fantasy in bed.  She should be satisfied with used clothes and a kid sleeping in the same room!   Why is the  woman always considered the ‘user’?

Sorry, have to disagree on the double-standard.  On this forum, Robert's been roundly criticized for wanting an unpaid, nanny that will give up free sex.  No one here has said he's in this for true love.  

• Love 6

Tania:  Great you want to have kids, but maybe find out if your mate is actually someone you can raise children with?  Why is it that so many of those we see on 90 Day F rush into having a child with an essential stranger?  

• Love 6

Regardless of how creepy Bojangles (do NOT get me started on that) and Julianna are, how insanely ill-advised Anna & Mursel are or how much of a control freak Tania is, I'd rather watch a whole season of them than have to keep wincing in anticipation of further tedious trashcAngela/My-kull interactions that I know are coming. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

A very famous man plus a popular song at one time.

He talked to her very disrespectfully. He is rude and I think she should have spoken up and then left. It looks like she was prepared to be his all but found out his weak game plan. I think he pursued her with a bunch of lines that may not have been lies but weren’t quite the truth...

If you respect and love someone you don’t call them names like that. I see why some of these people need to find romance outside the country. They have very little appeal and Robert has no “Mack”... he Is definitely not good with people.

But, Anny was upfront with what she wanted and there seems to be a problem with women who do that. She wants things. He lied. His tightwad butt lied and then treated like he found her on the streets.

Exactly.

This is exactly why I can't stand any of these broke fools trying to buy a human Real doll, their motives are NO better! "Very little appeal" is putting it nicely.

Caesar, Ben, and many others I'm sure belong in this category. Michael's motives are not a bit more honorable, he however does seem to have the cash to complete the transaction, the only difference.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lesia said:

2 syllables.

I studied Russian in college in the 70s.  The city name is only one syllable.  If one is following any of the Yovanovich testimony, she also pronounces it as Keev.  I did also take a course in Russian history and geography and, back in the day, it was pronounced Key-eff.

• Love 5

Call me old-fashioned, but has society really gotten to a point where its not only acceptable but funny for young boys to overhear their mother's "passionate moments" AND TO POINT IT OUT AND JOKE ABOUT IT???  I'd be absolutely MORTIFIED if my teen children overheard me getting it on in the next room and in addition, felt it was acceptable to bring it up as acceptable conversation at the breakfast table!  I know many may feel the boys were being disrespectful by mentioning it, but honestly, if Anna and Mursel were thoughtless, selfish, tactless and irresponsible enough to have refrained from using any decorum whatsoever with her sons in the next room, then I have no problem with the boys trying to embarrass them over it.  And then for Anna and Mursel to laugh sheepishly and not be completely mortified that her sons chose to guffaw over it at the breakfast table is proof that she commands zero respect from her sons and has no class at all.  What a disgusting piece of trash.  

Edited because I hit enter too fast.

Edited by StrongbyDefault
  • Love 20
36 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

On this forum, Robert's been roundly criticized for wanting an unpaid, nanny that will give up free sex.  No one here has said he's in this for true love.  

I'm not completely convinced that he is in this for true love.  Anny doesn't make it easy - she's not a pleasant person, she's not appreciative of the things he has done, she's clearly convinced that he's some kinda rich dude that's going to shower her with expensive gifts.  That's not him.  If she's not happy, there's a ticket waiting for her to go back home.  Simple as that.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, b2H said:

The city name is only one syllable.  If one is following any of the Yovanovich testimony, she also pronounces it as Keev.

You know what really screwed the pooch on the pronunciation of Kiev? Chicken Kiev.  Because in its heyday (the mid 60's) all of the housewives were attempting to cook "chicken kee-ev," rather than "chicken KEEV."

I blame Julia Childs for this.😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, StrongbyDefault said:

Call me old-fashioned, but has society really gotten to a point where its not only acceptable but funny for young boys to overhear their mother's "passionate moments" AND TO POINT IT OUT AND JOKE ABOUT IT???

I can’t recall who this is referring to, but I am still horrified. I should stop drinking while watching this show.

Just now, b2H said:

I'm not completely convinced that he is in this for true love.  Anny doesn't make it easy - she's not a pleasant person, she's not appreciative of the things he has done, she's clearly convinced that he's some kinda rich dude that's going to shower her with expensive gifts.  That's not him.  If she's not happy, there's a ticket waiting for her to go back home.  Simple as that.

What things has Robert done, other than buy unused lingerie modeled by a mannequin with no legs?

• LOL 2

I know we seem to think Mursel is a big a-hole about Anna's kids due to his cultural concerns, but I have to give him props for trying to read the English responses on the translator. He's at least trying to learn English. 

• Love 5

nd 

3 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

He talked to her very disrespectfully. He is rude and I think she should have spoken up and then left.

But yet, neither one seems the least bit rattled by such a vicious exchange. The slams, digs and threats just kept right on coming, each one rolling off the tongue smoother than the last. No man would be able to hold his composure after being reminded he isn't the only man on earth. And very few women would even take it there. I think they were told to just be as awful and messy to each other as they could without breaking character. Anny actually looked like she was holding back a smile in the car. (Tho Robert played it very straight.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, GoGamecox said:

I know we seem to think Mursel is a big a-hole about Anna's kids due to his cultural concerns, but I have to give him props for trying to read the English responses on the translator. He's at least trying to learn English. 

He is a big a-hole and let's not give him a break because of his cultural concerns.   If your mate having kids requires a 10 year lie to your parents, you can chose a partner that doesn't have children.  Also, how does he reconcile lying to his parents?  I would think that's a huge no-no under his culture.

On his reading English responses, I can't get jazzed about that either.   Although of course, there are the English mates like Paul that don't bother learning the language of his mate while living in her homeland.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, StrongbyDefault said:

Call me old-fashioned, but has society really gotten to a point where its not only acceptable but funny for young boys to overhear their mother's "passionate moments" AND TO POINT IT OUT AND JOKE ABOUT IT???  I'd be absolutely MORTIFIED if my teen children overheard me getting it on in the next room and in addition, felt it was acceptable to bring it up as acceptable conversation at the breakfast table!  I know many may feel the boys were being disrespectful by mentioning it, but honestly, if Anna and Mursel were thoughtless, selfish, tactless and irresponsible enough to have refrained from using any decorum whatsoever with her sons in the next room, then I have no problem with the boys trying to embarrass them over it.  And then for Anna and Mursel to laugh sheepishly and not be completely mortified that her sons chose to guffaw over it at the breakfast table is proof that she commands zero respect from her sons and has no class at all.  What a disgusting piece of trash.  

Edited because I hit enter too fast.

I missed that! What did they say?