Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: What Am I Worth to You?

Spike
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, DarceyWasted said:

Do you think Benjamin from Before the 90 also got extra money for his hairy back shower scene? 🤢

was eating.  Thanks a lot!

7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Their real life personalities and living conditions are so much better than what the show depicted. I'm glad that PT is showing some of that.

I agree, however, I think many of the places they are filmed for PT are sets, except Molly and Colt's homes.  It is my hunch the others are sets as they all look alike!  Same size bed, pic over the bead, two nightstands with lamps and other decorative things.  I need a hobby.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It is my hunch the others are sets as they all look alike!  Same size bed, pic over the bead, two nightstands with lamps and other decorative things.  I need a hobby.

I envision them on a big turntable.  The lights are set up for the "bed/two nightstands/lamps" scenario, so they have fake walls behind them, and they just spin the right set into place in front of the lights when each pair shows up for shooting.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I envision them on a big turntable.  The lights are set up for the "bed/two nightstands/lamps" scenario, so they have fake walls behind them, and they just spin the right set into place in front of the lights when each pair shows up for shooting.  

I agree.  "I am off to the kitchen for snacks!" means "A PA is waiting with a tray prepared by Food Service!"  I always wondered how those with really little ones are able to watch with no crying or waking up.  Yes I know I think waaaay too much about this.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

was eating.  Thanks a lot!

I agree, however, I think many of the places they are filmed for PT are sets, except Molly and Colt's homes.  It is my hunch the others are sets as they all look alike!  Same size bed, pic over the bead, two nightstands with lamps and other decorative things.  I need a hobby.

It just came to me why Debbie and Coltee sat on the sofa. Guess I was tuning them out so hard I didn’t give it a thought.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

They definitely look like sets, I thought the same thing until I was listening to a podcast on 90 day and the hosts had got a cameo from Darcey and said they saw the room they use for pillow talk in her home during the cameo. So maybe production just helps them set up and decorate an actual room in the home? 

Edited by DarceyWasted
Typo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

It just came to me why Debbie and Coltee sat on the sofa. Guess I was tuning them out so hard I didn’t give it a thought.

Yes, and Molly's PT room looks like her house that was shown.  Earlier I said I need a hobby.....I am kinda glad these thoughts fill my head.  As a SPED teacher I make hard decisions all day long.  With 90 Day/PT......not so much.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

When Annie and David were couch hopping from relative to friend all the rooms looked different.

Really, most people's homes look basically the same, if you think about it.  

If they are on a set it does make sense.  They would have to watch the shows prior to their public release in order to get their reactions.  Do they send them out to them or would it make more sense to have them fly somewhere to watch them?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

When Annie and David were couch hopping from relative to friend all the rooms looked different.

Really, most people's homes look basically the same, if you think about it.  

If they are on a set it does make sense.  They would have to watch the shows prior to their public release in order to get their reactions.  Do they send them out to them or would it make more sense to have them fly somewhere to watch them?

They must get the shows in advance, since they comment on a show immediately after the broadcast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/18/2019 at 8:07 PM, Apollo said:

I find it very interesting to see how the camera work made such an effort to send the viewer the message of the "big, scary" Russian hospital.  The baby was born perfectly healthy thanks to them.  Alternatively, the fact is, America has the highest mortality rates for babies in any developed country in the world - nothing to write home about there. 

It was so refreshing to see a bright-eyed, alert baby who hadn't just had their eyes blurred and irritated with nasty needless eye-goop or coping with other risky interventions given on day one.  Also nice seeing the baby given to the father right away also, while Mom was being tended to.. 

All that glitters isn't gold here in America.  My dear friend's baby girl went into massive seizures right after the Hep B shot.  Thankfully, she survived.  She is now all done blindly following doctor's orders.

Per 100,000 live births Russia has 24 maternal deaths and the US 14.  If I recall rightly, this puts them at 124 and 118 on the list of highest mortality rates. Greece, Finland, Iceland and maybe another country have the lowest with 3 per 100,000. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 11/18/2019 at 2:33 PM, islandgal140 said:

That hospital made me think of the HBO Limited Award winning series Chernobyl. If anyone hasn't watched, I highly recommend it. 

Don’t watch it for accuracy because it is inaccurate about things large and small.  Voices from Chernobyl is good. It’s a probably a bit embellished but tells a human story.  The books by two unrelated people named Medvedev are good. One is very dense but scientific.  The other is filled with human understanding but enormous outrage over the endless bad decisions in design, execution, communication, and preparation.  The author was a key figure in the USSR nuclear program.  There are a couple of other good ones too.

back to regular programming. 

• Useful 1

Can confirm that one of the bedrooms used early on was the couple's actual bedroom because I have seen said room in person. (Nothing freaky or exciting to report there.) I don't know about the others but I could see production offering either a set or help in decorating. Can also confirm that PT episodes are filmed in advance and, for some couples, are filmed 2-3 episodes at a time. 

• Useful 3

I get when people may not want to purchase pre-owned clothes, but snubbing their nose at thrift stores, especially when you don’t have a pot to piss in yourself, is just obnoxious. Champagne taste on a beer budget is another running theme on this show. Robert may have promised things but it should have been obvious he could not deliver. How about get a job and get your own clothes? 

Appreciate the thrift store shout outs on this forum, and want to add that many of these places also do a lot to give back to the community. One thing that some people might not know about Goodwill is that they screen all their items and often put more of the higher end items for sale on shopgoodwill.com, I think some designer wear, fancy jewelry, antiques, etc.  One time I was visiting AZ and went to a Goodwill and found Hull pottery valued at 40- 50 dollars for $2. 

Theres being smart about money and then there’s just trying to spend money to show off and impress people with labels. You can buy labels but you can’t buy grace/ elegance / tact ** cough.. Darcy.. cough... Anny... **

• Love 6
On 11/18/2019 at 3:33 PM, islandgal140 said:

It does seem that Tania has the least amount of fans overall here, but I have to go against the grain and say that I dislike Anna more. She continued to entertain a man that wants her to leave her kids behind and thinks that having him come here, while still refusing to tell his parents about them, is her being a good mom and putting her kids 1st. Bitch where?!?! There is nothing I dislike more is the type of parent who acts like their top priority are their kids but their actions tell a different story. Hello Molly & Nicole. Good on the son for calling her out and saying he didn't believe her.

The words shopping spree and thrift store should never be in the same sentence. He could have at least taken her to Forever 21 or Ross. Sure, she could've got bags of shit she dare not wash more than twice, but at least it wouldn't have been as insulting.

I am no fan of Anny, but dusty ass Robert has no business bringing over another dependent when he can barely take care of the one(s) he got. Seriously, after seeing that apt, Robert's clothes and 1 bd apt, did Anny really think she was getting Chanel and Versace?

Sequim guys property looks nice but was there any mention of what he grows on his farm? I can see how he has a money management problem though. I noticed a few recreational vehicles and also that lovely seating area by the pond, with build in grill, beautiful paver stones, etc., looked like it cost a penny or two. I somehow doubt it came with the property when he bought it. 

I noticed Robert's ass did NOT shop at the thrift store for lingerie. My guess is because it was really for his sexual enjoyment, his budget was a bit more forgiving.  

So it appears that throughout the history of 90 days (and all its iteration) the two having the most sense to actually research the culture of a person is Michael's 2 minor children. They really just made most past contestants look like boorish lazy morons. I really do like those 2 kids. Michael (and his ex) did something right with them. 

That hospital made me think of the HBO Limited Award winning series Chernobyl. If anyone hasn't watched, I highly recommend it. 

Yes! I half expected Ulana Khomyuk to pop out and explain the caesarean process.

• Love 2
On 11/22/2019 at 4:30 PM, Stinamaia said:

Don’t watch it for accuracy because it is inaccurate about things large and small.  Voices from Chernobyl is good. It’s a probably a bit embellished but tells a human story.  The books by two unrelated people named Medvedev are good. One is very dense but scientific.  The other is filled with human understanding but enormous outrage over the endless bad decisions in design, execution, communication, and preparation.  The author was a key figure in the USSR nuclear program.  There are a couple of other good ones too.

back to regular programming. 

I just read "Midnight in Chernobyl" and it is haunting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/22/2019 at 1:06 PM, Gobi said:

They must get the shows in advance, since they comment on a show immediately after the broadcast.

Yeah, I'm thinking the filming crew brings them an advance copy when they show up to tape the segments.  

I think the room where Darcy and Stacy filmed PT was the same bedroom used on the show last season, too.  

Does anyone know if there's a sneak peek of tonight's episode anywhere?  I'm doing pre-holiday baking and haven't had a chance to dig around for one (but if there's one available, fuck the baking for an hour because, well, priorities! 😄 )

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 11/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

I get when people may not want to purchase pre-owned clothes, but snubbing their nose at thrift stores, especially when you don’t have a pot to piss in yourself, is just obnoxious. Champagne taste on a beer budget is another running theme on this show. Robert may have promised things but it should have been obvious he could not deliver. How about get a job and get your own clothes? 

Appreciate the thrift store shout outs on this forum, and want to add that many of these places also do a lot to give back to the community. One thing that some people might not know about Goodwill is that they screen all their items and often put more of the higher end items for sale on shopgoodwill.com, I think some designer wear, fancy jewelry, antiques, etc.  One time I was visiting AZ and went to a Goodwill and found Hull pottery valued at 40- 50 dollars for $2. 

Theres being smart about money and then there’s just trying to spend money to show off and impress people with labels. You can buy labels but you can’t buy grace/ elegance / tact ** cough.. Darcy.. cough... Anny... **

I dont see a problem with thrift store shopping, and I also dont see a problem with those who dont want to shop at a thrift shop no matter how poor they are. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Me personally? I used to shop a lot, both at high end stores, low end stores, and thrift shops. I learned a lot about myself after cleaning out my home about how consumerist we are as a culture. Like, I dont need more stuff! Lol. 

• Love 5
On 11/22/2019 at 3:47 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

Oh, back in the day...20 years ago, even 10 years, you could find the most wonderful items! I collected manual portable typewriters & colorful rotary telephones. American made pottery was plentiful, as were cool dresses and shirts from the 40s & 50s. Getting off topic thinking about good times, losing oneself in a thrift store. 

2 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Oops. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Yeah, I'm thinking the filming crew brings them an advance copy when they show up to tape the segments.  

I think the room where Darcy and Stacy filmed PT was the same bedroom used on the show last season, too.  

Does anyone know if there's a sneak peek of tonight's episode anywhere?  I'm doing pre-holiday baking and haven't had a chance to dig around for one (but if there's one available, fuck the baking for an hour because, well, priorities! 😄 )

There wasn’t one last night or this morning.

• Love 1
On 11/18/2019 at 1:07 AM, lovesnark said:

I think he said it was just to change the color of the water. I hope it's non toxic!

Make room for me on the can not stand Tania couch. Syringe nailed it when he said it's her story and he's just a character in it. I'm sure her friends don't do ANYTHING without running it by her first. I  wonder if one of them has ever been allowed to choose the restaurant or movie? I doubt it.

It isn't.  We use it when we have pool parties, to change the water color to a beautiful blue.  It's interesting that it would work in a pond too.  I hope it's the same stuff, I would hate to think that he might be harming any wildlife in the pond.

On 11/19/2019 at 2:55 PM, mamadrama said:

85% of what I own is secondhand, either from Goodwill, a thrift shop, or consignment store. That is by choice.

I even go a step above the regular Goodwill and go to their outlet store (you pay per pound, not item). Went there 2 weeks ago, in fact, and bought 3 brand new duvet covers, tags still on them and totaling more than $600 for the 3, and spent a whopping $15.

While I don't think he should have taken her thrifting on her first outing, I love used clothes.

I wish I could find some deals like that! I also shop used clothing from time to time and really love finding something nice that I couldn’t otherwise afford. My husband, on the other hand, will not buy used clothing and shops quality over quantity, preferring a few good pieces rather than  a closet full of cheap stuff (me). He is from a very poor part of Mexico. It’s interesting to me. But, I agree that Robert should have explained the situation and given her a budget, letting her know that she could get more for her money by buying preowned. Also, another poster commented that Anny doesn’t mind selling her used clothes to others!!

• Love 4
On 11/18/2019 at 11:19 AM, shockermolar said:

It was for me too, only sans the caesarean. I even had my no longer little bundle of joy (he's now 21) with me watching that nightmare to boot! For me they just kept me pushing because he wasn't in fetal distress at any point. I hear MY OB tell the nurse, "just keep her pushing, but that baby isn't delivering without forceps" at which point I literally leaned up on my elbows and gritted out "I HEARD that. I'm not pushing anymore and you can't make me." So around hour 28 they whipped out the forceps and pulled that kid out of me.  So as I was watching last night with my son fully freaking out next to me, I leaned over and said, "You're welcome."

Horrible memories. I started pushing at 6:30 am, she was born at 9:20 am, with NO DRUGS.  I had a blood pressure cuff on the whole time, squeezing down on my arm every 5 minutes!  I was so fucking exhausted I didn't even really want to hold her.  This is the exact reason she is an only child.  There is NO WAY I was ever doing that again.

• Love 1
On 11/18/2019 at 2:55 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Pao is so thrilled to be back on TV. Maybe Juan will join them next week.

And now we're all treated to Pao's "I am the only woman on earth who has ever given birth, and I know everything about it". Heavy sigh.

Please no more Pao! All she does is rag about everything.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I wish I could find some deals like that! I also shop used clothing from time to time and really love finding something nice that I couldn’t otherwise afford. My husband, on the other hand, will not buy used clothing and shops quality over quantity, preferring a few good pieces rather than  a closet full of cheap stuff (me). He is from a very poor part of Mexico. It’s interesting to me. But, I agree that Robert should have explained the situation and given her a budget, letting her know that she could get more for her money by buying preowned. Also, another poster commented that Anny doesn’t mind selling her used clothes to others!!

Im the same way like your husband. I have no desire to have a house or closet full of stuff just because it was priced cheap and retailed expensive. I dont buy something unless I absolutely have to have it, and its typically a high quality item. Like, I have 2 pairs of jeans, 2 work slacks, 7 shirts, and a few dresses in my entire closet. All items I absolutely love and wanted. I feel like when peoplengo thrifting, they buy a bunch of stuff they dont need just because it is cheap with a high priced scratched out label. 

• Love 1
On 11/22/2019 at 4:18 PM, Stinamaia said:

Per 100,000 live births Russia has 24 maternal deaths and the US 14.  If I recall rightly, this puts them at 124 and 118 on the list of highest mortality rates. Greece, Finland, Iceland and maybe another country have the lowest with 3 per 100,000. 

@Apollo said:

"...Alternatively, the fact is, America has the highest mortality rates for babies in any developed country in the world - nothing to write home about there. "

I'm interpreting that to her referring to the infant mortality rate, not the maternal mortality rate. However, Russia doesn't fare very well against the U.S. in that regard, either:

Per 1000 live births, the infant mortality rate in Russia was 6.80 (#163), while in the U.S., the rate was 5.80 (#170).

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2091rank.html

That's out of 225 countries, so at #170, the U.S. still has a way to go.

• Useful 1

I finally paid attention to this entire episode and I officially loathe Tania. Unless TLC is totally punking us, she's as spoiled, bitchy and entitled as Pao. How about you find out if your one night stand even wants to have kids before you bring him here to marry? Instead of telling him how he will fit into your plan. Run, Syringe! Unless you want to spend your life being told what you're going to do every minute of every day!

• Love 11
5 hours ago, cherenkov said:

What the actual hell is that tan line on his neck?

I believe you've answered your own question. It's a tan line. Black people tan. I'm darker than Robert and closer to Dean's complexion. I'll absolutely get darker if I'm in the sun for a decent amount of time.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I believe you've answered your own question. It's a tan line. Black people tan. I'm darker than Robert and closer to Dean's complexion. I'll absolutely get darker if I'm in the sun for a decent amount of time.

But why is it half way up his neck like he was tanning in a turtleneck?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/20/2019 at 4:44 AM, LilMissKnowitall said:

As some who's 49 and never married, no.

Answering for a friend 🙂

All the posts from people who married late give hope to me my friend who is 56, and has never been engaged, or even had a long-term or live-in relationship. 😞

• Love 6
On 11/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

In And we are to believe that back home Anny shopped in only the most exclusive of department stores? That stuff  she was wearing is just the kind of thing she’d find in Goodwill.  And looking down her nose at Bryson’s porn actress grandma? Honey.... at least she gets paid real money for spreading her legs, you sold your cooch for 2 non designer sets of lingerie.  So don’t put on any airs. I can’t stand Robert, but he’s been pretty clear on the show, “money don’t fall out his ass” and that’s not likely to change. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

When I google infant mortality I see the USA categorizes babies differently, and that the USA has considerably more premature births,....and sadly "two thirds of infant deaths in the United States occur among infants born preterm (<37 weeks of gestation), "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17015548

If someone is going to have a premie, is a live outcome really higher in Greece or Ireland (in the middle of the pack), or Czech Republic?

• Love 3
On 11/18/2019 at 3:29 AM, renatae said:

OK, if Tania is such a goal oriented go-getter, why is she living in a she shed in her mother's back yard? That's like one step down from living in the basement, which at least has heat.

Because she can't follow through on anything by herself.

• Love 3
On 11/22/2019 at 7:31 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:
On 11/21/2019 at 11:44 PM, mamadrama said:

You noticed that too?  I know that’s the style nowadays, but it’s too coincidental for me.  Tarik’s room might be real though.  Annie and David’s set up might be their actual house too, but it was probably staged since she had so many cooking accouterments for her bedside culinary creations.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Apollo said:

infant-mortality.jpg

I agree.  Our care of mothers and infants is terrible and much of it is caused by lack of access to prenatal health care.   Shameful that worry that someone is getting something “free” or that they don’t “deserve” results in death.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I went to Goodwill today and bought one pair of jeans, 2 pairs of capri jeans, a sleeveless shirt and 2 pairs of comfy capris* all for $32. I'm okay with wearing other people's clothes.

*not sure of the spelling of more than one capri. 😕

• Love 5
23 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

When I google infant mortality I see the USA categorizes babies differently, and that the USA has considerably more premature births,....and sadly "two thirds of infant deaths in the United States occur among infants born preterm (<37 weeks of gestation), "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17015548

If someone is going to have a premie, is a live outcome really higher in Greece or Ireland (in the middle of the pack), or Czech Republic?

A lot of this does come down to coding. Take SIDS, for instance. 10 years ago various places started adopting SUID (sudden, unexpected, infant death). Even though it is the exact same thing as SIDS (which, on its own is not an illness but rather a cause of death by exclusion). For anlytical purposes, SIDS and SUID are not counted in the same stats. That wouldn't really matter except that it gives  a skewed sense of stats. It makes it appear that SIDS cases have gone down in some places when they haven't-that place is just using SUID s a reporting method instead. Same number of babies are dead, but they are coded in  different way.

My 2-month old son died of SIDS in 2010. I have since learned more about this stuff than I wanted.

8 hours ago, lu1535 said:

I went to Goodwill today and bought one pair of jeans, 2 pairs of capri jeans, a sleeveless shirt and 2 pairs of comfy capris* all for $32. I'm okay with wearing other people's clothes.

*not sure of the spelling of more than one capri. 😕

LOL, I specifically went to Goodwill to try to find some ugly lularoe leggings as a goof.  The only ones I found weren't as ugly as I hoped but they were $3

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

@mamadrama, I am so very sorry for your loss. I understand (under different circumstances) exactly what you mean about learning things you never wanted to know. Thank you for your comments.

On 11/26/2019 at 2:22 PM, Stinamaia said:

Try Voices From Chernobyl.   You’ll like it. 

On your recommendation I've just downloaded it, looks good!

• Love 3
On 11/25/2019 at 5:35 PM, iwasish said:

I can’t stand Robert, but he’s been pretty clear on the show, “money don’t fall out his ass” and that’s not likely to change. 

Ahhhh...but was he specific about his non-productive ass when he was "romancing" Anny online, on the phone, and in person?  I'd watch a series called "False Pretenses."

• Love 1
On 11/22/2019 at 2:47 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

I get when people may not want to purchase pre-owned clothes, but snubbing their nose at thrift stores, especially when you don’t have a pot to piss in yourself, is just obnoxious.

Having some choice in the matter would make a major difference to me ... perhaps even having a little notice and explanation.  Especially if I'm from another country.

• Love 3
On 11/26/2019 at 8:28 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

Screenshot_20191126-222619.thumb.png.5c216b728682f38edd91538e7e6193ee.png

Edited Tuesday at 08:33 PM by TwirlyGirly

I wish the various home shopping shows and even department stores learned this description.  They'll call any pants that hit mid-knee or below "Capris."

• Love 1
On 11/28/2019 at 3:02 PM, HaaCHOO said:

I wish the various home shopping shows and even department stores learned this description.  They'll call any pants that hit mid-knee or below "Capris."

Well, technically speaking, "mid-knee and below" are both "above the ankle"...😉

I'm trying to figure out how, exactly, Mursel sold the "pretend your kids don't exist storyline" to Anna.

M: Yeah, so, um, you've got kids, huh? Three?

A: Yup.

M: That's cool. I'm fine with that. But my parents...they're old-fashioned Turkish types, and they won't be cool with me marrying a woman with children.

A: Oh?

M: So...we'll have to pretend they don't exactly, er, exist.

A: What?

M: We'll just pretend you don't have any kids!

A: I don't know...

M: I love you!

A: Well...so you like bees, huh?

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 3