Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: What Am I Worth to You?

Spike
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She's already disconnected from her older two, who are adolescents or approaching adolescence. They don't need her any more--she only likes babies and little kids. She admitted openly that Leo, the youngest, is her favorite! What mother does that??

Anny would have loved Forever 21. Robert is an inconsiderate, uncouth boor. She should run.

Washington dude's property does seem pretty fancy for a young broke guy. I still wonder why he was spending money to dye the pond. Surely there are other things that are more important?

Chicken Kiev is very 70's. Like Steak Diane, or Cherries Jubilee. You'd have to go to an old fashioned restaurant, where they're not afraid of butter! 

Those appeared to be bottles of algacide, it looked like the brand we use when our pool turns green (take a long trip in the summer and have the person taking care of your pool do a crappy job...you will need a couple bottles of this stuff).  I think he meant the water would be blue because it would not have that green filmy growth any longer.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL - that "lingerie" was wrapped in some butcher paper and was in a basic non-branded gift bag.  There is a good chance that it wasn't even as fancy as Fredrick's of Hollywood. 

In fact, there is a chance that Robert went to a goodwill and just found some lingerie with tags on it that some other schmuck had bought new and his wife didn't like and he couldn't return. 

I'm pretty sure I saw him shopping for those items.  The white corselette is very familiar--and I think they were expensive.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, configdotsys said:

1 - The idiot with the “too good for used clothes” gal deserves everything he gets. He knows what he’s getting. What a bitch.

I think this is unfair.  He probably promised her a lot and NEVER mentioned that they would be shopping in a thrift store...a us-ed clothing store.  She had no warning and I completely understand her attitude.  Wearing clothing that belonged to others is something we should decide for ourselves.  Still, she probably is a spoiled bitch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Apollo said:

When seeing how close Michael is with his ex-wife and what incredibly sweet, happy, highly intelligent they raised, it's really a shame that they are not still together. 

I like his wife and hope she continues to impress.  I don't totally get the particulars or the cause of Michael's midlife crisis, but to me its not a good sign that they've only been divorced for two years and he has been working for so long to get Juliana in the country,

-Either him finding her was the cause of wanting a divorce

or

-He barely had time to move on and quickly grabbed onto Julianna.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, Spike said:

Has he not heard of condoms?  Moron.

Condoms are for slut people.

8 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Condoms don't grow on trees.

Or fall out of your ass, one would suppose. (Magemaud beat me to it.)

Edited by Gobi
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm pretty sure I saw him shopping for those items.  The white corselette is very familiar--and I think they were expensive.

We saw him pick out the white piece in a random lingerie shop (who may or may not have just given the thing to him in exchange for being featured on a national TV show)

The place he went to did not look fancy to me at all.  I vaguely remember thinking it was in a strip mall, but cannot be sure.  

But would agree that at least the white thing is not a goodwill purchase. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4

I do like me some pretty lingerie, but when it comes to my skivvies, I have to resort back to Gretchen Wilson and my theme song ("Redneck Woman"): Victoria's Secret, that stuff's real nice/Oh but I can buy the same damn thing on a Walmart shelf half price.

These days my husband considers himself lucky if he gets a little peek of my booty as I'm pulling on my red flannel pajamas at night.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

But would agree that at least the white thing is not a goodwill purchase. 

There were no tags on any of the lingerie which makes me think she had already tried them on, (TLC messing with us as usual) and she did not ask if it was from a thrift store, (I know I would have after he set that precedent).

He also got the sizes right, what are the odds? My husband of 15 years would not get it right and we actually know each other.

Eww, second hand undies, just the thought of it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

Seinfeld referred to used clothing as “nasty wear” 

I have gotten a few things from Goodwill, a cool leather coat or two, some really nice riding clothes, a pair of unworn expensive boots, brand escapes me but after one wearing I know why they were there...hurt my feet so bad! There should be an honor code with women donating to Goodwill, if it hurts you, toss them out, don't inflict pain on other women!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 11/17/2019 at 8:45 PM, Spike said:

I was surprised it fit.

I am sure production had several additional sizes in the bathroom.  She's not "heavy" but she's not a small girl,  either.  I liked her at first,  but not sure now.  He did not say "I'm taking you shopping to buy you new clothes", she said ro him "you have to take me shopping for clothes,  I didn't bring much with me."  I recall her saying she left her clothes back in the DR for her sister to sell.  But she was expecting him to take her for Versace, Chanel, etc.  The whole scene of the girl approaching them in the store seemed set up,  I really doubt she approaches customers on a regular basis.  I do remember him telling her no on the iPhone.  Now,  she not only wants a Hollywood style beach wedding in Miami,  she wants to move to Miami.  She should have stayed in the DR where she had her own bed and designer clothes.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

100%! Furthermore, she has no business teaching ESL in a country where she can't speak the language her students are translating from.

16 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

As odd as it seems, I think it is fairly common for people who don't speak the native language to teach English. I have no idea how this works.  

ESL teacher in Korea here. Generally, the native English speakers aren't the primary teacher. They're a teacher's assistant and they help out the main teacher who speaks the L1. 

It works in a weird way, because the students don't use the L1 as a crutch. If everyone speaks the same L1 in a class they don't always use the target language. So, having a Native Speaker encourages students to use the target language.

We are also discouraged from using the L1 in class, a co-worker was dressed down by our boss a few years ago because "you aren't paid to speak Korean". 

I've also studied Korean in a formal setting and a few of my Korean teachers don't understand or speak English very well. I find it a lot more helpful than having a teacher proficient in English as I am forced to communicate all my thoughts/answers in Korean.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Inga said:

Yeah, Polo from TJ Maxx.

You can get some very expensive clothing in DR. I went to a mall in Santo Domingo and they carry all the top designer brands. Now if she got it there, I don't know? 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

I am sure production had several additional sizes in the bathroom.  She's not "heavy" but she's not a small girl,  either.  I liked her at first,  but not sure now.  He did not say "I'm taking you shopping to buy you new clothes", she said ro him "you have to take me shopping for clothes,  I didn't bring much with me."  I recall her saying she left her clothes back in the DR for her sister to sell.  But she was expecting him to take her for Versace, Chanel, etc.  The whole scene of the girl approaching them in the store seemed set up,  I really doubt she approaches customers on a regular basis.  I do remember him telling her no on the iPhone.  Now,  she not only wants a Hollywood style beach wedding in Miami,  she wants to move to Miami.  She should have stayed in the DR where she had her own bed and designer clothes.  

I don't think she was insisting on moving to Miami.  It was more like she said she might like to move there in the future.   

I can't really tell how greedy and materialistic NAnny is.  If Robert was treating her with a little respect and getting her some decent things, and she acted this way, I'd say she was a greedy gold digger.  But, Robert is treating her like something he pulled out of the bargain bin at the thrift store, so I don't fault her for her reaction.  

Robert is clearly a scumbag, the jury is out on NAnny, in my book.   

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't think she was insisting on moving to Miami.  It was more like she said she might like to move there in the future.   

I can't really tell how greedy and materialistic NAnny is.  If Robert was treating her with a little respect and getting her some decent things, and she acted this way, I'd say she was a greedy gold digger.  But, Robert is treating her like something he pulled out of the bargain bin at the thrift store, so I don't fault her for her reaction.  

Robert is clearly a scumbag, the jury is out on NAnny, in my book.   

It didn't look like a high end thrift store. We used to have a place out by us called Elite Repeat. They had super expensive used clothing. All the designer brands that were maybe worn once. I bought several dresses from them. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Inga said:

Yeah, Polo from TJ Maxx.

Why didn't he take her to TJ Maxx or Marshalls. My first visit to the States was a TJ Maxx and I was happy to buy random under armour workout gear for $6. I know the Polo stuff is pricey at $20-$40... but if he was okay with buying her lingerie I'm sure he could have stretched for some POLO from that store...

Although, I'm sure the  REAL reason behind the second hand store was filming privileges. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It didn't look like a high end thrift store. We used to have a place out by us called Elite Repeat. They had super expensive used clothing. All the designer brands that were maybe worn once. I bought several dresses from them. 

Yup, Robert was taking her to shop for the clothes poor people didn't want anymore. 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

It was weird that Robert kept picking a fight at the restaurant.  She said she liked the menu at the restaurant for the wedding, he started telling about how he doesn't want people eating off him/buffet.  Then he like baits her with questions about whether she wants a reception or a courthouse wedding.  And then which beach the wedding will be on.  

How many beaches can she know in Florida?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Why didn't he take her to TJ Maxx or Marshalls. My first visit to the States was a TJ Maxx and I was happy to buy random under armour workout gear for $6. I know the Polo stuff is pricey at $20-$40... but if he was okay with buying her lingerie I'm sure he could have stretched for some POLO from that store...

Although, I'm sure the  REAL reason behind the second hand store was filming privileges. 

Actually, it looks like she bedazzled that POLO on the collar herself...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I think Ross might have been a good compromise.  But I suspect his shopping spree budget was $100 or less, and she wasn't going to have the Julia Roberts/Pretty Woman experience of walking out with bags of clothing at Ross.....but maybe at the Goodwill.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Wasn’t Polo more of an 80s and 90s brand like Izod?  

4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

She said she liked the menu at the restaurant for the wedding,

Fish and seafood lol.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Wasn’t Polo more of an 80s and 90s brand like Izod?  

Fish and seafood lol.

They are having fish sticks for sure at their backyard wedding which will be a papercup affair for sure.

Wedding guests will also need to bring their own folding chairs.  

To me, if people have this type of attitude about a reception, best for them to get married at the courthouse and maybe ask friends to chip in for a backyard BBQ.

That way people will buy you gifts and the party will be cheap. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BucFan said:

Michael needs a neck brace , he’s always tilting his head. Hold it up straight please. 

In some shots he looks straight up (no pun) scoliotic.

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

It was weird that Robert kept picking a fight at the restaurant.  She said she liked the menu at the restaurant for the wedding, he started telling about how he doesn't want people eating off him/buffet.  Then he like baits her with questions about whether she wants a reception or a courthouse wedding.  And then which beach the wedding will be on.  

And they were both totally calm, just hurling accusations and insults back and forth as easy as you please. I think this was totally staged! Don't you think most women in this situation would be stunned, furious or crying if their new bf was goading them like this?

24 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Guests should not be asked to pay for celebrations. The hosts should operate within their budgets even if it means no reception at all. 

Of course not! But ppl have become so freaking tacky! Don't even get me started on adults who include "suggested gifts" lists or registry info in their own birthday party invitations! 🙄

• Love 9
10 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I think this is unfair.  He probably promised her a lot and NEVER mentioned that they would be shopping in a thrift store...a us-ed clothing store.  She had no warning and I completely understand her attitude.  Wearing clothing that belonged to others is something we should decide for ourselves.  Still, she probably is a spoiled bitch.

We don't know what Robert told her.  The fact that he didn't even come to the DR to see her, but just spent the hours the cruise ship was there should have told her something.  Anny's not too bright if she fell for Robert's nonsense and that's on HER not him. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

You can get some very expensive clothing in DR. I went to a mall in Santo Domingo and they carry all the top designer brands. Now if she got it there, I don't know? 

If she can afford top designer brands in the DR, what the hell is she doing with Robert? I'm presuming like most of the 90 day Fers we've seen, she's trying to get the hell out of her impoverished conditions!  Otherwise being with Robert makes ZERO sense. (Well, it still makes ZERO sense to me because he is not your ticket to a great lifestyle unless you are just trying to get here and then find someone else that has money).

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

If she can afford top designer brands in the DR, what the hell is she doing with Robert? I'm presuming like most of the 90 day Fers we've seen, she's trying to get the hell out of her impoverished conditions!  Otherwise being with Robert makes ZERO sense. (Well, it still makes ZERO sense to me because he is not your ticket to a great lifestyle unless you are just trying to get here and then find someone else that has money).

It probably is to come to the states, I'm sure. Its been ages since I have been to Santiago where she is from but its not a big city like Santo Domingo. Looking it up, times have changed and its a big city only second to SD. So she might not have been living in abject poverty, though you can have extreme wealth and extreme poverty within blocks of each other. 

My family that still lives there has remarked that there has been a rise in street crime. Two of my cousins were mugged on the street, and my cousin's daughter was robbed at gunpoint in her house (with her daughters there). So maybe that is another reason she wants to leave. Though Miami isn't exactly crime free. 

Thinking about clothes..... I remember seeing some people live in poor (but not the worst) conditions and they always dressed nice. 

Edited by libgirl2
On 11/18/2019 at 8:59 AM, RealReality said:

Robert just does not strike me as that type of guy.  He is soooo upfront about his lack of money and seems genuinely surprised that anny isn't into shopping at the Goodwill.  He talks about his lack of money like all the time.  

Funny how Robert never mentioned he had a one bedroom apartment with one bed to Annie.  Kind of an important piece of information, isn’t it?  Makes you wondered what these two talked about prior to coming over.  He promised her stuff to come.  He told her what she wanted to hear. 

Robert had no business bringing Annie here.  He can’t support her.  He can barely support himself.  He needs to focus on his children and put his energy and funds to support them.  

CN Micheal gives me the creeps.   Juliana seems like a really nice person.   She was very sweet to his kids and appreciated their efforts.  I’m hoping she finds another guy who is younger and isn’t as creepy.  

Marcel being 40 and never married would be a red flag for me.  It appears that Anna is color blind and just sees green flags waving.  

Synjin needs to enjoy his 90 day vacation in the US, despite sharing it with Tania and her entourage.   

Am I a bad person because I enjoyed watching Emily’s pain while giving birth?   I love it when life slaps dumbass idiots in the face.   Wonder how long until her baby daddy dumps her for someone else?

WA Michael appears to be pretty normal.  Sure that will change in time. 

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

CN Micheal gives me the creeps.   Juliana seems like a really nice person.   She was very sweet to his kids and appreciated their efforts.  I’m hoping she finds another guy who is younger and isn’t as creepy.  

She will after her divorce from Michael. I think she won't put up with his creepiness. Or she will put on some weight, add years, add wrinkles and he will be done with her. 

I wasn't too impressed with our new batch of couples over the past couple of weeks, only catching pillow talk but after this ep? I'm in. Hook, line and sinker but I'm still a bit stuck on names.

If Kiev Chick goes to a tree farm with only Bojangles to provide on-site entertainment, how long before she bugs out? I was getting waves of Overboard's "Elk Snout" in the scenery of Squim Town.

Why does New Mom to Russian baby #3 think she's going to fare any better than MuscleHead's previous two wives and babies?

Every girl who's come to America wishes they got the welcome with a Hummer Limo, flowers and custom made jewelry that the Youngun got from Older Man. She seems like a nice girl but the whole thing with him icks me out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Not high end at all, IMO. The clothing wasn't even nicely displayed. It was called Avalon Exchange (Winter Park) and it's on FB. However, they have a website which says they are "currently seeking" designer brands. 

55 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

If she can afford top designer brands in the DR, what the hell is she doing with Robert? I'm presuming like most of the 90 day Fers we've seen, she's trying to get the hell out of her impoverished conditions! 

Maybe she regularly spends a day with someone from a cruise ship who takes her shopping for designer brands? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Not high end at all, IMO. The clothing wasn't even nicely displayed. It was called Avalon Exchange (Winter Park) and it's on FB. However, they have a website which says they are "currently seeking" designer brands. 

from comments on yelp its a step above a goodwill. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have gotten a few things from Goodwill, a cool leather coat or two, some really nice riding clothes, a pair of unworn expensive boots, brand escapes me but after one wearing I know why they were there...hurt my feet so bad! There should be an honor code with women donating to Goodwill, if it hurts you, toss them out, don't inflict pain on other women!

unless it's Darcey who will wear anything with a logo, no matter how painful

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

from comments on yelp its a step above a goodwill. 

coincidentally, the Goodwill Exchange is right across the street for your "one stop shopping" convenience! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I have gone to Goodwill before. When my son needed black polos for a warehouse job, I bought almost all of them there. You can't beat $2.99 a piece. I bought a couple of pieces of clothing for myself in the last 10 years. And when I was looking for just the decoration for my sea themed bathroom, it was the only place I found what I was looking for without special ordering it. 

• Love 4

Not all thrift stores are trashy. It depends on the store - there are some great ones in San Francisco, NY and LA. There are probably great ones all over the country. Lots of times, people bring really nice/designer items to sell on consignment.

That said, the place Robert took Anny did not look like one of the stores where there's nice/designer items. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Yup, Robert was taking her to shop for the clothes poor people didn't want anymore. 😁

Hell DEAD people don't even want those clothes anymore! 😄  Honestly that store did look janky.  The thing is Anny keeps saying that Robert is a liar which tells me that he told her he would buy all these expensive things for her and he has done a 180 in her mind.  IDK there still seems to something inherently mean and selfish about Robert.  Buying her lingerie was HIS gift not hers.  Unless I ask for sexy lingerie specifically I always give the side eye to "I got this for you babe" line.

I was actually terrified for Sasha giving birth in that hospital in Russia.  Geez what kinda of run down hospital was that??  Metal bed frames, old equipment, I half expected them to show up with candles and warm towels....

• Love 6