Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Come Sail Away

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Special K said:

I don't have an issue with him serving tongue, but it seemed like the entire meal was very small portions.  Was it only one scallop over some stuff, then a piece of beef tongue about two-inches square in size with some romesco?  Then a flan?  Seems like tasting portions, not full portions.

That seems to be Kevin's M.O. Remember the seafood extravaganza?

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I don’t know why everyone is down on Ashton going after Kate. 

He just wanted to serve up some tongue.

Because grabbing a woman and kissing her against her will is assault.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Sage47 said:

More on Abbi: She should have just sucked it up for a few more charters; I think she was just desperate to see her new text-fiancé. I will not miss her constant complaints about how she’s “chill” and belongs on a sailboat in a tee shirt/shorts. No one cares, K, bye. 

I was fine with her leaving.  I think she said she was struggling with the concept of professionalism, which indicates to me she needs an environment where the standards for how employees do their job is pretty low.   

• Love 18

I guess the chef would hate me if I ever went on a cruise.  I don't eat seafood (allergic), and I would probably want either steak or cheeseburgers and fries (don't eat Mexican food from most people because I'm Texan and we have the best Tex-Mex).

• Love 6
1 minute ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

If it was assault the Kate should have put in a complaint. She doesn’t seem shy about asserting herself.

Maybe she knows it is all for the camera. 

She chose not to take it in that manner but that doesn’t mean that it didn’t fit the legal definition.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 24

Abbi:  Quitting may be impulsive and stupid but it's who I am (paraphrasing somewhat).

Truer words, Abbi.  

BTW, I'd be pissed if I were Ashton, Brian and especially Tanner.  Tanner is sick as a dog and still working while special little snowflake Abbi has to lock herself in her room and cry because a big motor yacht isn't like a sailboat.  She might as well have been put on the tinder and taken ashore because she did jack shit after quitting.    

• LOL 2
  • Love 20

Okay, either the body paint needs to be an awesome work of art (not just LORVA and a few hearts and squiggles) or they need to turn down the lights while serving so they could see it glow.  They could turn it back on for the guests to see ravines or whatnot after.  Why did they even have glow bracelets and table decor if the lights were going to be on the whole time?  

(Heh, LORVA, though. Maybe that was the name of the bottom dweller Adrian tried to serve last season.)

I'd watch a whole hour of the different drink tricks in that bar.  A few years ago, I think I did watch practically a whole hour of Amazing Racers trying to do a (not as complicated as that one) drink trick for a task.  

I tried to look up "sweet belly" as an illness or virus but other than actual stuff about Tanner I only found stuff about cute babies and names of bakeries etc.  If I ever came upon one of those in real life, I'd now think twice about eating there.  

Whatever Kate's age, last year she seemed of an era to shrug off sexual inappropriateness (Adrian's) as just something one had to deal with, and I guess this was her MO w/r/t Ashton this time, as far as the formalities go, anyway.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Special K said:

While sitting in the crew mess after their night out, did Ashton really say to Courtney "you're very sensible even though you're not as old as you look"?!?  [italics mine] He was attempting to compliment her maturity, but O.M.G.

Dude's so off his game, it's hilarious, and I love Courtney for it.  It's like he's so hot he never actually learned how to flirt/seduce. 

You can absolutely tell that this is major issue for him. LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

The "work so hard to get my di** sucked" comment was just SO GROSS, Ashton! The jealousy & desperation to have ego fed is gross also. You have a near-death event and *this* is who you come back as??!! Bad enough he got this Bosun position as a pity hire/redemption b/c of said "near death event," but now you're a crappy boss AND a jealous twerp. I don't like it. I liked Ashton before but now I'm disappointed.  Watching him & Kate make physical contact was disturbing.  "Like cousins" was right! 

Brian is playing this right. Walking away from aloof Courtney is the correct move. I actually am liking Courtney. I don't think I've ever had a season where I liked all the stews or at least didn't dislike any one in particular.  

Adios, Abbi! Everyone's reactions to her were appropriate, deserved, & just shocking to no one but Abbi. I agree "the next step is the airport" from Kate was EVERYTHING. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I don’t know why everyone is down on Ashton going after Kate. 

He just wanted to serve up some tongue.

One of now three truths I’ve gleaned from Below Deck

1. Resting Bitch Face (“It’s a Thing”)

2. Penis Ravine (= small penis)

3. “A little Tongue Never Hurt Anybody”

..and thank you to The Office for “That’s What She Said” (on repeat) 😂

• LOL 4

I’m not a nightclub person, but The Library looked cool. I’d be off looking at books rather than getting drunk. 

Tanner was sick for days and Asston couldn’t be bothered to tell the Captain? When he was sick he was given bed rest immediately. I strongly believe a person’s true personality is revealed when they are drunk. What Ashton did to Kate was sexual assault.  He’s a predator, and proved that afterwards when he said he didn’t like working  so hard to get his dick sucked.  He’s disgusting.  

I loved Kate’s response: “Don’t  use my mouth as a receptacle for your insecurity, and jealousy.” “This is why I have trust issues.”   

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 23
10 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Why was Kate the one to tell the Captain about Tanner?

Is she in charge of the deck crew as well as the interior and the galley?

Does Ashton ever get a chance to talk to the Captain about the deck?

Tanner had been sick for several day. Clearly no one had told the Captain. I'm glad Kate brought it up so he could finally get some relief. If Ashton doesn't take the opportunity to relay such info, that's on him - not Kate. 

3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

With that said, I'm rooting for Ashton cause I do think overall he's a good guy. Just needs to check the ego and leave the caveman mentally in the past.

I agree. When interacting with people as a friend or co-worker, he's great. He can be a total sweetheart, actually. He totally changes when he's trying to "get romantic". He has absolutely no game, and that's why he keeps getting rejected. The only thing he can come away with his drunken hook-up sessions, because any girl of substance isn't going to be interested in his overly aggressive flirting. I suspect he has some insecurities deep down. 

• Love 12

Pretty blah episode. 

Kate is being too darned nice.

Ashton needs to quit drinking because he's an entitled ass when he does.

Glad to see Abbi go.

Wish we saw more of Simone and Courtney.

Wish they would show Grumpy pants Lee interacting with the guests. It's hard to imagine that he is actually fun to dine with given that everytime we see him he looks like he is pouting. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ohcomeon said:

Wish they would show Grumpy pants Lee interacting with the guests. It's hard to imagine that he is actually fun to dine with given that everytime we see him he looks like he is pouting. 

The editors must have an entire library of shots of him scowling and grumpy!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Since the first week, I felt like Abbi was so familiar on this show. I guess with her curly auburn hair, I thought maybe she reminded me of Rhylee or Baker, but this episode with the crying and the wallowing, I realized there was a bit of Caroline in there too.

Of course, I needed to look all of them up on IMDb, because as soon as each season ends, I forget everyone.

Also, Ashton’s drunk alter ego (Ashtobob?) was really off-putting and made Brian’s confidence even more appealing.

Edited by sanford
Typo
  • Love 5

I think Abbi was taken aback because she expected to go out with the crew that night. I can understand why she might have hoped to have a fun last night, and I can understand why it didn't happen.

But I disliked the way Captain Lee in particular talked about her. Yes, it sucks that they are now down a person. But he said something like, "She's not cut out for yachting," as though it's an insult and something she hasn't realized. She did realize it! That's why she left! And not being cut out for yachting doesn't mean she isn't tough or a hard worker--it just means it wasn't for her. It isn't a moral failure. Plus, the captain and Ashton had already complained that she wasn't doing a good job! It's in their best interest to have an employee who wants to be there and is good at the work.

I think that seeing things through is overrated. That doesn't mean you can be a flake or quit at everything the first time it gets a little hard--but if she was so miserable, wasn't great at the job, and has the ability to leave, why stay?

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I hope Kate reports that Simone cut off the tags on the mattresses when she was cleaning the cabins.

This can not stand.

I realize this is supposed to be a joke but it’s one of those often repeated bits of misinformation that gets repeated so often people think it’s true and it annoys me so very much. It’s only illegal for manufacturers and retailers to remove those tags not for the consumer after purchase. It could invalidate your warranty but it’s not illegal for individuals. 

3 minutes ago, ohcomeon said:

We saw him laughing and smiling throughout the dinner and also singing Kevin’s praises to the guests.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, terrymct said:

Ally really hadn't thought her decision through at all.  I think it was a bid for attention more than anything else.  She wasn't ready for the Captain and her soon to be co-workers to say ok, then get her off the boat.  Wait, what?  She has to figure out how to get back to Greece now?  Yes, that's how it works, Ally.   No, you don't get to hang out on the boat and whine.

I had a feeling she was expecting everyone (and especially her boss, Ashton) to say "oh poor you, we really want you here, just rest a bit ... etc." and then Ashton pretty immediately says "well, if it's not working for you it's not working for you. Been nice knowing you girl!" OOPS.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I had a feeling she was expecting everyone (and especially her boss, Ashton) to say "oh poor you, we really want you here, just rest a bit ... etc." and then Ashton pretty immediately says "well, if it's not working for you it's not working for you. Been nice knowing you girl!" OOPS.

It’s similar to how she clearly expected everyone to be super excited about her engagement. These people don’t know you well enough to care that much about you and a few days prior you were flirting heavily with your boss, so the reaction is going to be muted and they don’t know you well enough to care that your leaving when you’re not that great at your job. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 18
24 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s similar to how she clearly expected everyone to be super excited about her engagement.

Plus the way she announced it:  "Guys, my f-buddy and I are engaged!" 

The hell? Girl is a hot mess.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20

I wonder how long it'll be until Abbi and her Greek fuckbuddy now fiance break up...? Just sayin'. When a dude 'asks you to marry him' in a text or however he did that, I'm thinking dude was lonely, drunk, and missing he fuck buddy. But to take it seriously without an in person convo and proposal re-do, hell to the naw on that one. She's an idiot. Actually, what did she say? She couldn't handle how working on a motor yacht expected a level of perfection and professionalism that she cannot muster. Wow, just, Wow. To say that on camera about yourself either shows how stupid you are, or how totally UNself aware you are. Or maybe both.

Kate's obsession with penis ravines...is that a think that I didn't know about until last night?!?

And Ashton, congrats mate, on outing yourself as a big douchebag with your "I'm tired of working so hard to get my dick sucked" comment. You DO know that everyone out here in TV land saw and heard you, right?!? Even your mother... I firmly believe people's real thinking and feelings come out when they've had a bit of liquid courage and sadly, Ashton's just showing what an asshole he really is.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Sage47 said:

More on Abbi: She should have just sucked it up for a few more charters; I think she was just desperate to see her new text-fiancé. I will not miss her constant complaints about how she’s “chill” and belongs on a sailboat in a tee shirt/shorts. No one cares, K, bye. 

Kate told her "it's only 4 and a half weeks" by which I think that meant the total filming time, not the remaining time for the season.

So they were probably about a week in.

Yeah she passed on some money there.

7 hours ago, Special K said:

Dude's so off his game, it's hilarious, and I love Courtney for it.  It's like he's so hot he never actually learned how to flirt/seduce. 

Now that he's been on TV for a couple of seasons, there are probably all kinds of groupies coming onto him either in person or on social media.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, scrb said:

Kate told her "it's only 4 and a half weeks" by which I think that meant the total filming time, not the remaining time for the season.

So they were probably about a week in.

Past seasons on both this show and Med have all been about six weeks so given this is the third charter I imagine she meant there were only four and half weeks left. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I think they all need to cut back on the booze, that type of drinking catches up with you after awhile.  Not being able to remember what happened the night before is never a good thing. 

Plying the cast with free booze is a staple of reality shows.

I'm sure it's stipulated in the contracts they sign that they will go out for these events.  I think some of the crew would rather not go out in these group settings and get drunk.

It's a sign of lazy writing.  They're hoping the cast's drunken shenanigans will result in some airtime-worthy footage.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Why was Kate the one to tell the Captain about Tanner?

Is she in charge of the deck crew as well as the interior and the galley?

Does Ashton ever get a chance to talk to the Captain about the deck?

Kevin once again showed that he was a good guy when he pitched in to help them dock. He certainly didn’t have to do that. I saw Matt pitching was b to help but I don’t think Ben, Leon or Adrian would ever have done that.

If Ashton would focus more on his job instead of trying to slide into Courtney's pants he may have realized how sick Tanner was. I like Ashton, but he needs to get it together.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I guess the chef would hate me if I ever went on a cruise.  I don't eat seafood (allergic), and I would probably want either steak or cheeseburgers and fries (don't eat Mexican food from most people because I'm Texan and we have the best Tex-Mex).

I'm with you there, I'm allergic to shellfish. So I would be down for all the steak and salmon (as long as it doesn't touch the shellfish), he could cook.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Plying the cast with free booze is a staple of reality shows.

I'm sure it's stipulated in the contracts they sign that they will go out for these events.  I think some of the crew would rather not go out in these group settings and get drunk.

It's a sign of lazy writing.  They're hoping the cast's drunken shenanigans will result in some airtime-worthy footage.

Yea I know they ply the women on the Housewives shows with a lot of alcohol and not that much food.   And you're right it is lazy writing, I don't find drunk antics very entertaining.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Yea I know they ply the women on the Housewives shows with a lot of alcohol and not that much food.   And you're right it is lazy writing, I don't find drunk antics very entertaining.

Yes they frequently use the availability of alcohol but lots of crew and guests have managed to not get shitfaces at every opportunity.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, dleighg said:

Yes, she wanted everyone to beg her to stay. Or at least throw her a going away party with a cake.   She really was detached from the real work world.  We throw parties when people change jobs, but not when they just quit.

• Love 7

I was disappointed with Abbi. I just thought at the beginning of the season she was nice and normal, but it is not normal to cry constantly over being asked to do a job you applied for and should be at least sort of qualified for, then quit with a paltry 4 weeks left. It’s 4 weeks. There is something to be said for having enough character to tough something out for 4 weeks. It’s not like they were asking for a year of her life. Good luck with that husband she was already talking about divorcing right after he proposed. I don’t see that ending the same way as this at all.

Kate was a lot nicer than I would have been if some jackass I worked with shoved his tongue in my mouth just to make another girl jealous. I agree with the above poster that said you show your true self when you drink. I think Ashton thinks of women as just toys to make him happy. I hate how these guys ruin what I think of them by being drunken assholes.

See, Kevin? You can get compliments from Captain Lee when you actually earn them. Points also earned for helping out with the deck crew, seemingly without complaint. 

• Love 12
On 11/12/2019 at 8:47 AM, pasdetrois said:

Why did they wait three days to get Tanner help?

I suspect it's because he wasn't complaining and was trying to still do his job.   This group responds best when you swan about crying or loudly complaining.  Behaving fairly normally is completely off their radar.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, terrymct said:

I suspect it's because he wasn't complaining and was trying to still do his job.   This group responds best when you swan about crying or loudly complaining.  Behaving fairly normally is completely off their radar.

Since he didn't complain, I don't think they realized how sick he was.  Also, often with stomach ailments and food poisoning, you'll be better in 24-48 hours, regardless.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Yes, she wanted everyone to beg her to stay. Or at least throw her a going away party with a cake.   She really was detached from the real work world.  We throw parties when people change jobs, but not when they just quit.

Abbi...expected a cake and expectations of being asked to stay...NO WAY I SAY...!

Fuck the cake...I wouldn’t even give her a casserole 🥘!
The little hairy bitch....She was having second thoughts...

especially when Kate gave her the reality check of....

”Yeah that’s one thing when you are no longer employed you no longer have a place to live… Your next step? Is the airport“... to which newly engaged (now married) Abbi said...”really....?..okay wow...”

nope..no sympathy here you little fucking princess...go back to work  (or not work cuz you’re bidding him) for your captain fiancé...and sail away....(polishing chrome is so different and more difficult on a Motor yacht... go suck it)

she is as elitist acting as Courtney...which Courtney has used that elitism rather well to “slither” her way to 2nd stew position regardless of her title as 3rd....

Wish Simone would just speak her mind and reneg on her offer to do laundry...always...say something and quit acting apologetic for having the job to begin with...(especially want her to speak up after the C said “leave her down doing laundry”....) To Kate’s credit..she’s feeling your pain it seems...to a point...

That said..I liked Courtney ‘a bit’ more this episode...if for nothing else..putting Ashton in his place...Ashton worked pretty hard...and still no suck...yeah!!!! Whilst making this infamous statement...he was standing a little too close to Chef Kevin’s lower bunk from my perspective...Glad Kevin said...”these guys all have their standards”...good..say anything..look at your phone...cuz Ashton’s genitals are definitely in charge as Brian alluded to...😑 Avoid the one eyed monster! 
I’ve liked him (Ashton) at times...but what a suck wad fuckshit he is as it turns out!! 

Edited by Shellbell59
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I’m still giggling about Captain Lee looking like a child sitting at the adult table.  His chair must be lower than the others.

Lol at them interspersing Kate talking about those drinks (mushrooms, vodka and lemonade ew) with Tanner getting ready to be sick.

Brian is hot hot hot.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Lee was clearly feeling no pain during that dinner! 

I am always surprised when they don’t get concerned when someone is ill. One sick crew member could easily turn into a boat full of sick crew and guests. 

Abbi is an attention whore. A vapid, ignorant, lazy, special snowflake . Good riddance. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

We throw parties when people change jobs, but not when they just quit.

While I agree with this in principle, I quit and got a gorgeous cake sent to me (I was a telecommuter). But to be fair, my boss was a fucking nightmare trainwreck so maybe people were celebrating my escape... 😉

I'm wondering what the crew has been drinking and if they're drinking any sort of tap water on land, it's no wonder many seem to be having intestinal issues. If they're drinking beverages with local tap water ice, that's a no go in Thailand, and that's in a country with excellent public health oversight on street food vendors - which I do not hesitate to eat from - but ice in drinks? No way! I once stupidly ate raw oysters in Bangkok, I got so violently ill I woke up underneath the sink in my hotel room, because the marble floor felt cool and refreshing...Knowing Bravo and how their producers create drama, I wouldn't put it past them to not warn the crew about any of this, and just shrug their shoulders and say "well they should have known or done their homework..." Assholes.

• Love 1

Who'd want cake in that hot and sweaty weather.

Does Brian have sole or joint custody of his daughter?

If it's sole custody and he's spending all the time in the gym, Courtney may have been right in her initial assessment, that he'd spend too much time at the gym and in front of a mirror, wouldn't have time for anyone else.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

I’m still giggling about Captain Lee looking like a child sitting at the adult table.  His chair must be lower than the others.

Lol at them interspersing Kate talking about those drinks (mushrooms, vodka and lemonade ew) with Tanner getting ready to be sick.

Brian is hot hot hot.

Brian IS HOT...penis ravine...(better term than trough 🙄)..

even if that means small penis and all! (It’s true from my limited experience)...I’d love to hear a contrary stories… In deep detail....thank you very much…🤫

Back to Brian/Ashton/Courtney triangle....

LIVED/LOVED IT when he Brian said “goodnight” and Ashtonhole had audacity to tell the C that was rude....Thankfully Courtney said good night also… Props to both of them for that… I don’t like Courtney but I really really don’t like Ashole in that scenario....

just dance Ashton then STFU...👌

Edited by Shellbell59
12 hours ago, Special K said:

Since he didn't complain, I don't think they realized how sick he was.  Also, often with stomach ailments and food poisoning, you'll be better in 24-48 hours, regardless.

You hear it every once in a while happening on cruise ships and they being quarantine.  Hopefully no one else comes down sick .  Hope it's not a parasite.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, scrb said:

If it's sole custody and he's spending all the time in the gym, Courtney may have been right in her initial assessment, that he'd spend too much time at the gym and in front of a mirror, wouldn't have time for anyone else.

He stated he and his girlfriend were raising her together so at the most probably joint. 

10 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

Wish Simone would just speak her mind and reneg on her offer to do laundry...always

I mean she can’t really her job is whatever Kate assigns her.