Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Come Sail Away

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I don't get why everyone thinks Simone is banished to the laundry. Two episodes now we've seen Kate send Simone upstairs, and commented with a recognition that too much laundry sucks the spirit (my paraphrase).
This episode Simone got to go to the beach! On the beach, shit stirrer Ashton (he's on my bad side after this episode) led her down a path of questioning Simone about doing too much laundry so I think it's more planted in people's minds than actually playing out. If that makes any sense. There is a ton of laundry though!!

On WWHL and Twitter Ashton seems to be (rightly) embarrassed by his sexually frustrated statement but part of me just laughs at him. Oh poor baby, Courteney doesn't was to fuck you?  Good on Courteney! You'll try Kate? Ugh, such a gross move! But what about Simone? I just hate that there might be a racial component to the absence of a move on Simone. 
Speaking of Courtney, I love that she's confidently old fashioned. She wears modest, somewhat plain clothes when they go out. She wore a one piece swimsuit on the Tinder with Brian. She doesn't want to kiss someone unless and until she likes him. She's like no one else we've seen on reality tv before! Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration but I like her! 

I like Simone too, the entire interior seems to all be nice, get along, and do a good job. I hate that Ashton (of all people!!) drives Kate off the boat telling her no one likes her (previews!) Well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Edited by lcarolynl
edited for a spelling error
  • Love 16

This episode Simone got to go to the beach! On the beach, shit stirrer Ashton (he's on my bad side after this episode) led her down a path of questioning Simone about doing too much laundry so I think it's more planted in people's minds than actually playing out. If that makes any sense. There is a ton of laundry though!!

We think Simone is as banished to the laundry because we see segments in every episode where it is discussed or she is shown working and yelling OMG where do all these towels come from! They are obviously setting up something. 

I suspect that the producers are trying to make way more of the situation than what's really there. Friction and spiteful behavior between the stews has been featured on almost every season of BD. But the fact is, so far, these stews seem to be responsible, intelligent women who get along and do their jobs, grudgingly maybe, but they do them. 

So production has to heighten the drama with with the laundry situation and add in obviously prompted questions like Ashton's on the beach. I think the producers hope they can poke and prod the girls into a big blowup with laundry flying everywhere. I guess we'll see...

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 11/11/2019 at 10:03 PM, ghoulina said:

I thought Courtney was going to be the spoiled one. Turns out it's Abbi. And I'm not even convinced she actually does any WORK on these sailboats she keeps going on about.

Maybe she is "working" as a yacht girl (new term I learned from 90DF forum). She is even sleeping with the captain... Plus she did call him fuck buddy. It all seems to fit.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Okay...now there is a 4th “Truth”I have gleaned from Below Deck.

1. Resting bitch face… It’s a thing

2. penis ravine= small penis

3. A little tongue  never hurt anybody

then... most IMPORTANT OF ALL..☝️??!!!

4.     ..doesn’t matter...

EVERYONE OUT THERE...never EVER let ANYBODY use your mouth as a receptacle for THEIR insecurity or jealousy!!!!

Love it!!!

Love her or hate her... This far in the game she (Kate) probably has her own writers for sure...thanks a 1,000,000 for that Bravo!!!!

I mean REALLY C’mon....!!!

again visuals of Gob on Arrested Development 🥴

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 1
On 11/12/2019 at 1:07 PM, psychoticstate said:

Abbi:  Quitting may be impulsive and stupid but it's who I am (paraphrasing somewhat).

Truer words, Abbi.  

BTW, I'd be pissed if I were Ashton, Brian and especially Tanner.  Tanner is sick as a dog and still working while special little snowflake Abbi has to lock herself in her room and cry because a big motor yacht isn't like a sailboat.  She might as well have been put on the tinder and taken ashore because she did jack shit after quitting.    

She's a self-involved little brat - and apparently proud of it.  Having to wear a hair tie and keep her walkie with her apparently was too much of an imposition.   I have little tolerance for people who excuse their behavior with, "Well, this is who I am!!"  Considering Tanner was sick, she should have at least stayed until they knew he would be okay and could continue working.  They were down one crew member thru no fault of his own.  Her bailing at the same time was ill-timed and selfish.   It would have gone a long way in making her look like a responsible team player if she had offered to stay (and actually work) a little longer.  

Except of course she's not responsible nor is she a team player.  It wasn't fun for her anymore, so she wanted to take her ball and go home.  (And then of course she whined that she had nowhere to go.)

On 11/12/2019 at 2:33 PM, lisalionheart said:

I

I think that seeing things through is overrated. That doesn't mean you can be a flake or quit at everything the first time it gets a little hard--but if she was so miserable, wasn't great at the job, and has the ability to leave, why stay?

Why stay?  Because she signed on for a job, because they were already down one crew member, and because it's incredibly irresponsible and immature to simply decide to leave whenever you feel like it.  Nothing horrible was happening to her - The conditions weren't awful, she wasn't being harassed.  In fact I think they were all pretty pleasant and patient with her.  And they had every right to count on her to do the job she was hired to do - Not run out like a 2 year old who doesn't want to play anymore. 

Instead of whining and crying and telling everyone she wanted to quit, she should have had a conversation with Ashton in a calm moment, and discussed how best to proceed.  I absolutely think she thought her little breakdown would give her some time off from actually working while everyone else coddled her as she languished on the yacht.  The job wasn't what she expected.  Okay, that happens.  But she wasn't signing her life away.  It just would have been a few more weeks, or maybe less if she had handled this like an adult.

• Love 11
On 11/13/2019 at 9:40 PM, lcarolynl said:

Speaking of Courtney, I love that she's confidently old fashioned. She wears modest, somewhat plain clothes when they go out. She wore a one piece swimsuit on the Tinder with Brian.

Haha! it’s a tender, Tinder is the gay fuckbuddy app.

• LOL 4

Abbi was definitely immature and a terrible worker but she was right to leave if she was so desperately unhappy. She didn’t join the navy. It’s just a job after all. In fact it is less then a job it is a TV gig. It seems mentally unstable people sign up for this and then realize it is not for them like last season with Caroline. TV brings out the worst in people. The people who excel are high functioning sociopaths like Theresa Guidice, Tamara Judge or Kate.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, gingerella said:

Haha! it’s a tender, Tinder is the gay fuckbuddy app.

12 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

Hahahahaha! I admit it, I was drinking when I posted that! Tinder!! 😂😂😂

11 hours ago, dleighg said:

TInder's not gay-- I think that's grindr. And I have no idea why I know any of this.

Technically Tinder is for every sexuality, but it's more geared to straight people. Grindr is for queer men. Scissr is for queer women. Bristlr is for guys with facial hair and women who like guys with facial hair.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Technically Tinder is for every sexuality, but it's more geared to straight people. Grindr is for queer men. Scissr is for queer women. Bristlr is for guys with facial hair and women who like guys with facial hair.

FOR REAL?!  Holy crap, I’m old. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

What's there for people who like facial hair, trimmed nails, french milled soap, and pasta without tomato sauce? Just asking for a friend...

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, gingerella said:

What's there for people who like facial hair, trimmed nails, french milled soap, and pasta without tomato sauce? Just asking for a friend...

Just guessing:

facial hair--Shavr

trimmed nails--Bluntr

french milled soap--Lathr

pasta without tomato sauce--Naked Noodlr

I hope this helps your . . . friend.  There really is a lid for every pot. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

and I just saw this (very) young Harrison Ford photo today

32c0c68883d1acd6_Screen_Shot_2015-12-30_at_9.48.25_AM.jpeg

Wow...such bad ass south central gang signs!!!😜
key attached below...hahaha 

the worst being “drive by flicking”... my late brother-in-law after coming back from LA area during traffic would say...

” I about lost it on 405...Shel...no shit .so mad!!! If I could I wudda flicked a boogie on the asshole!!” 😂🤭

F5DC8232-5B05-4F10-A786-C53BFEAAF5BF.jpegMust say...the most bad ass gangs are happy to be humorous...when appropriately approached...in my experience anyway....C or B...or HA...

I happily went to Laker Games at least a few times a week back in The Forum days....

Once I broke down and met a family that are still friends to this day...

Most was all before Rodney King horrors....

bottom line.....music and humor are universal...

look at LBC Snoop and Martha Stewart...who wudda thought....love it!!!

🤟🤟🏻🤟🏼🤟🏽🤟🏾🤟🏿

Edited by Shellbell59
On 11/17/2019 at 12:32 AM, DebbieM4 said:

She's a self-involved little brat - and apparently proud of it.  Having to wear a hair tie and keep her walkie with her apparently was too much of an imposition.   I have little tolerance for people who excuse their behavior with, "Well, this is who I am!!"  Considering Tanner was sick, she should have at least stayed until they knew he would be okay and could continue working.  They were down one crew member thru no fault of his own.  Her bailing at the same time was ill-timed and selfish.   It would have gone a long way in making her look like a responsible team player if she had offered to stay (and actually work) a little longer. 

People quit jobs, even when it's inconvenient for the workplace. It's a cost of doing business. Nobody else's safety or livelihood was on the line here. If they Lee really thought he needed her to stay longer, he would've asked. But he seemed both happy to see her go and happy to be able to complain about her going.

Indeed, production probably *wants* at least one cast member to quit or be fired every season. They clearly always have people around as backup characters, and bringing someone new mixes up the dynamic. (Hence the second half of the season looking, frankly, more interesting than the first.)

On 11/12/2019 at 10:56 AM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Some editor really likes bathroom noise sound effects. 🤮 

Anyway, beef tongue isn’t too gross to me since it’s not an unusual dish in my culture. That said, I only trust beef tongue cooked by my mother and smothered in sauce, and certainly not cooked by Kevin. 

Also, I’d rather eat beef tongue than ‘normal’ dishes like ham, so I guess I’m a bit weird like that. I don’t like most pork products except for pepperoni.

A local (fine dining) restaurant has tongue on the menu and I’m tempted to try it. 

Came across this timely article “When Cow Tongue Was an Essential Thanksgiving Ingredient”.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/alternatives-to-pumpkin-pie.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by RedHawk
Added article title
  • Love 1
On 11/11/2019 at 7:53 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I'm not an adventurous eater either.  I would be an elite chef's nightmare.

I wouldn't have eaten it either.  Soon as he said its "creamy" texture, i about gagged!!! Meat is not supposed to be "creamy"... lol

• LOL 1