Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: I Want To Kiss You

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Just watched part of 2nd episode. These people aren’t very likable.  She Shed, Money Bag$, Russian Fantasy, Nanny Seeker and the Bee Broad seem nuts.  

Edited by Kareem
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I haven't made it through all the comments yet, so these points might have been touched on already. If so, sorry!

I'm betting that Syngin's mother saw some old British movie where the character was named St. John, which the Brits do sort of pronounce "Sinjin", and didn't understand or care that it's actually St. John. Unfortunately Syngin makes me think of Symbionese Liberation Army and its leader, Cinque (which he pronounced Sin-kew). Presumably I'll get past this eventually.

Passports: I've done some volunteer work with people who have made regrettable choices in life. If you owe any back child support, you can't get a passport. They're trying to prevent you from fleeing the country to avoid paying. You also usually can't get a passport if you have a felony drug conviction (there are a tiny number of exceptions to that one). Then there are are handful of other reasons, but those two -- felony drug conviction and back child support -- are the two big ones.

Edited by Azubah
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Azubah said:

I haven't made it through all the comments yet, so these points might have been touched on already. If so, sorry!

I'm betting that Syngin's mother saw some old British movie where the character was named St. John, which the Brits do sort of pronounce "Sinjin", and didn't understand or care that it's actually St. John. Unfortunately Syngin makes me think of Symbionese Liberation Army and its leader, Cinque (which he pronounced Sin-kew). Presumably I'll get past this eventually.

Passports: I've done some volunteer work with people who have made regrettable choices in life. If you owe any back child support, you can't get a passport. They're trying to prevent you from fleeing the country to avoid paying. You also usually can't get a passport if you have a felony drug conviction (there are a tiny number of exceptions to that one). Then there are are handful of other reasons, but those two -- felony drug conviction and back child support -- are the two big ones.

SinJin makes me think of Rin Tin Tin.

• LOL 3
On 11/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, shockermolar said:

I went to HS with a dude who did that. He made it an absolute point to make sure everyone understood that, while he was HISPANIC, he was not MEXICAN because his ancestors never mingled their bloodlines with any native peoples. His conquistador ancestors came through FLORIDA dammit, and they then traveled overland through what is now the American SW and nary a brown-ish woman tempted them along the way I guess. As to how there was procreative behavior with non-brown females was never explained. It was doubly dumb because we were in San Antonio. I mean, was it necessary to distance yourself that much from the majority Latinx around you by being a tool about it? 

I am from eastern Europe and emigrated to the US when I was younger. I have family members who emigrated to Mexico and Argentina in the 1980s I believe, their children speak Spanish and grew up within Latin culture but they tend to identify with their Jewish background more.. they identify their nationality as Mexican or Argentinian but racially they are not Hispanic. For example, if I moved to China with ny husband and had a baby there and raised it there, would my child be ethnically Asian ? One could say he would be a Chinese child of caucasian race. This seems like a nationality/ethnicity debate. Some examples are ridiculous (someone claiming they are not Mexican bc 150 years ago their ancestors lived in Spain) but if I have a friend whose parents are grom Mexico and she was born in the US, I would think she would be called am American of Hispanic heritage. And I think heritage plays a role in your ethnicity if it is only a generation or two ago. Someone once said I have Spanish blood in me from the 1400s Spanish Inquisition and that my ancestors migrated to eastern Europe. So i would not bother to mention Spanish heritage because I never knew a relative/grandparent who lived there. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 3
On 11/4/2019 at 5:04 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Murrr-cell Murcell Murrecell. Annoying . 

The prego girl in russia is living some weirdo Frozen ass disney on ice princess fantasy.  That culty sing song voice ! Cuckoo!!! Drama. The first thing ya do when dizzy (from your bossy big sister laying down the truth)  is stand up??? Ummmm.....

Exactly!  I am prone to chronic dizziness and I need to sit down whenever I feel lightheaded. Standing up is the worst idea.  I really don't think she was dizzy at all, but distressed by the interrogation by her sister. (As another poster pointed out, her sister is saying things to her that are far too late to be taken as advice- she's due in 4 days!) Rather than simply state that she's upset and needs support, she worries her fiancé (and maybe sister) by feigning illness- not cool.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:
17 hours ago, magemaud said:

It makes me think of Slim Jims

🤣😂 SNAP INTO A SYNJIN!!

I just caught the bonus scene of Tania getting her coochie waxed for his arrival so I think she's planning on snapping into something! 

• LOL 2
On 11/4/2019 at 5:56 PM, hisbunkie said:

Now don’t get mad at me, Cammi, but Latina is not a race. I’m As Euro/Caucasian as can be and Hispanic/Latina (depending on which coast I’m living in). Second generation Argentinian.

More importantly I finally figured out who Tania reminds me of...it was making me a little crazy...she reminds me of one of the deckhands from Season 2 of Below Deck. She was falling for the Amy’s brother.  Thank you Jesus, I can rest my little brain. 

Jennise. I can see it. 

She reminds me more of Jazz Jennings, though, with her ear-to-ear smile and heavy use of her hands while speaking. Maybe even her bossiness too, subconsciously 😉

6 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Murcel is such an unfortunate sounding name. Sounds too much like MRSA, the flesh-eating virus. 

What's unfortunate is that Anna has to punctuate every sentence with his name. WHY? I found that incredible annoying... but I think it could make a good drinking game. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/4/2019 at 4:30 PM, chickenella said:

I don't know if it's a myth (never wanted to find out the hard way myself) but don't they say you can become dependent on vibrators and could end up only being able to achieve orgasm with one? And what's with all these sexual enhancements, supplements, toys and what not this girl needs? She's young (under 30, right?) IMO when you're that age and with a new partner and things aren't coming along naturally, maybe you need a different partner or have to educate that partner. Maybe said partner is a dud.

I'm in my early thirties and I've had toys since I can remember, and all my female friends do too. It doesn't necessarily mean you "need" them or have to use them all the time! Maybe it's a generational thing, because I don't think most people my age would bat an eyelash when it comes to toys. 

Plus the toy she bought is literally the most basic clit vibe you can find so I'd think that's the least offensive toy to have...

• Love 5
On 11/4/2019 at 2:07 PM, hisbunkie said:

I’m confused, if she is already a working model her agency representing her would be able to apply for a work visa.  Wonder what kind of modeling she’s been doing?  Just wondering.  

Maybe her agency is not international and therefore cannot get her a visa? I don't think she'd be signed to a big known agency, as her "modelling" on yachts in Croatia tells a different story of her "career".

• Love 2
On 11/4/2019 at 12:51 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

I disagree, treating a little boy like a little girl is certainly confusing to the child.

At my school there are several little boys with this hairstyle. No one seems to treat them differently. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:
On 11/9/2019 at 7:50 AM, Azubah said:

Cinjun is an actual name. I thought his name was a kre8tiv spelling of that.

• Love 1
On 11/5/2019 at 2:39 AM, OoogleEyes said:

Didn't they film Game of Thrones in Croatia? It was King's Landing and it was beautiful!

It was. Dubrovnik, especially the old town, are FULL of tourists because of GoT. But there are lots of lovely smaller seaside towns to visit and the weather is great in summer.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:19 AM, watchingtvaddict said:

As a South African... I just don't see Syngjin as racist in the way Tania portrays him. I think she is painting his as someone with racist views as opposed to someone with a bias... does that make sense? 

There are different flavours of discrimination and I think painting a white South African as racist because he grew up during Apartheid (when he grew up in post-Apartheid South Africa) is simplistic and doesn't expose Americans to the truth of the situation in my country. 

She probably thinks all white people are racist just by the fact of them being white.  I hope her heart gets broken.

On 11/5/2019 at 7:49 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Wow, that's pretty harsh. She went to visit the guy, he turned out to be a loser, so she left. Should she have stayed with him? Should she have gone and joined a convent or something?  She was lucky enough to meet another guy, one she really liked and is going to marry as a result of leaving the loser behind. I would hesitate to call that a second choice. 

And bartenders are perfectly acceptable as dates or indeed as husbands or wives. I met my husband when I was tending bar at a Chinese restaurant. 

I believe Mrs. Hanson is saying that he is a rebound.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Anduril said:

She probably thinks all white people are racist just by the fact of them being white.  I hope her heart gets broken.

I believe Mrs. Hanson is saying that he is a rebound.

South Africa has a particularly bad reputation when it comes to blatant racism and racial inequality.  

I can post some links to articles if you'd like more than my word for it, but her representation of syngin having racist or a bigoted point of view doesn't strike me as untrue.  

I have no idea why she would choose to date him because I personally would be uninterested in a long term romantic relationship with a casual racist and I sure as hell would not try to have a child with one.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/11/2019 at 4:02 AM, Takitaki said:

Maybe her agency is not international and therefore cannot get her a visa? I don't think she'd be signed to a big known agency, as her "modelling" on yachts in Croatia tells a different story of her "career".

I suspect there is a lot more to her story and I think the rich guy who met her at a party on a yacht is realizing that!

I also think that's why she's maxing out his credit cards and buying a car!  She knows she's not leaving!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/11/2019 at 5:31 AM, zenme said:
On 11/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

I disagree, treating a little boy like a little girl is certainly confusing to the child.

At my school there are several little boys with this hairstyle. No one seems to treat them differently. 

It’s a tradition in Native American Culture to not cut boys hair. There does not seem to be any issue there. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

South Africa has a particularly bad reputation when it comes to blatant racism and racial inequality.  

I can post some links to articles if you'd like more than my word for it, but her representation of syngin having racist or a bigoted point of view doesn't strike me as untrue.  

I have no idea why she would choose to date him because I personally would be uninterested in a long term romantic relationship with a casual racist and I sure as hell would not try to have a child with one.  

I have to admit for some reason I want to defend Syngin in a way I didn't want to defend Ronald. Maybe its because Syngin and I come the same place? from If Tiffany had stated Ronald was casually racist I would have said "Of course, my boy!" 

But, I think something about Tania makes me feel like she is condescending and is acting superior to everyone. Syngin is probably a little racist. I'm less inclined to defend him now because he is being so extra on this show 😂

• Love 2
On 11/13/2019 at 7:06 AM, Bugfrey Von said:

That little boy breaks my heart.  I just feel like crying when he talks about wanting to snuggle with Anny, someone he just met.  He's such a sweet little boy who needs structure and love.  

I just wonder how he could voice the concept of his need to snuggle. Then again, I would hesitate to do that with a child I had only been in the company of for less than a day.

• Love 1

Just getting around to watching this episode, some stray thoughts:

Why would a wine bar offer a glass of water with you wine order? I've never seen that before.

Part of the reason the cruise was a great idea is if he had a steerage level room off season he could have paid much less than a plane ticket and a hotel room that his girlfriend wouldn't have been able to tell how inexpensive it is.

I'm a gay man so I have limited experience with shopping for lingerie but do typically buy it by digging the bins labeled with sizes and a random assortment of items just shoved into them?

Why would he need his wife to drop his child off for him? Literally all he does all day is drive a car. It's like a landscaper hiring someone to mow their lawn.

iPhones aren't that expensive. Like sure, the latest greatest iPhone will be but you can buy a brand new iPhone 6S on a pre-paid plan at Walmart for $150 and she probably needs a phone anyways, I'm sure you could find a newer or the same phone in great refurbished condition for less.

If she was so nauseous during the phone call why did she stand up and start spinning around? And she didn't know Russia was kind of run down and cold? We are around the same age which means our childhood was shaped by the cold war and two of the mayor takeaways for western anti-Russian propaganda were that it was a failed economy and miserably cold there.

The she-shed, she said she hadn't finished it like she needed to paint it or something, she hadn't even bothered to spend like literally 30 minutes picking stuff up, it was a disaster. She made it sound like she still needed to go out to Ikea for a couple of items, not that she had done absolutely nothing!

Her hair! Why is it so flat and tangled, it looks like she hadn't washed it in days and got out of the shower without shampooing it and just let it air dry, didn't even bother running a brush through it. And how many damn flowers did she need in the room? Bouquet after bouquet kept showing up. And I love me some flowers, like one of my splurges in life is there is always fresh cut flowers in my house, I typically buy flowers every 1-2 weeks but honey, that is way too much.

OK, bee keeper is so Muslim that she won't be allowed to drink wine but not so Muslim that he doesn't have a beard and will share a bed with her? Like everyone is free to practice their religion in their own way but him drawing a religious hard line on only wine seems weird.

Edited by John M
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 11/11/2019 at 5:31 AM, zenme said:

My son has gorgeous long blond hair that frequently grows to his waist. He loves it, his friends love it, and we love it. It has caused zero confusion in his life and I would have no problem telling someone to fuck off if they speechified about it to us.

• Love 4
On 11/15/2019 at 11:28 AM, John M said:

Just getting around to watching this episode, some stray thoughts:

Why would a wine bar offer a glass of water with you wine order? I've never seen that before.

Part of the reason the cruise was a great idea is if he had a steerage level room off season he could have paid much less than a plane ticket and a hotel room that his girlfriend wouldn't have been able to tell how inexpensive it is.

I'm a gay man so I have limited experience with shopping for lingerie but do typically buy it by digging the bins labeled with sizes and a random assortment of items just shoved into them?

Why would he need his wife to drop his child off for him? Literally all he does all day is drive a car. It's like a landscaper hiring someone to mow their lawn.

iPhones aren't that expensive. Like sure, the latest greatest iPhone will be but you can buy a brand new iPhone 6S on a pre-paid plan at Walmart for $150 and she probably needs a phone anyways, I'm sure you could find a newer or the same phone in great refurbished condition for less.

If she was so nauseous during the phone call why did she stand up and start spinning around? And she didn't know Russia was kind of run down and cold? We are around the same age which means our childhood was shaped by the cold war and two of the mayor takeaways for western anti-Russian propaganda were that it was a failed economy and miserably cold there.

The she-shed, she said she hadn't finished it like she needed to paint it or something, she hadn't even bothered to spend like literally 30 minutes picking stuff up, it was a disaster. She made it sound like she still needed to go out to Ikea for a couple of items, not that she had done absolutely nothing!

Her hair! Why is it so flat and tangled, it looks like she hadn't washed it in days and got out of the shower without shampooing it and just let it air dry, didn't even bother running a brush through it. And how many damn flowers did she need in the room? Bouquet after bouquet kept showing up. And I love me some flowers, like one of my splurges in life is there is always fresh cut flowers in my house, I typically buy flowers every 1-2 weeks but honey, that is way too much.

OK, bee keeper is so Muslim that she won't be allowed to drink wine but not so Muslim that he doesn't have a beard and will share a bed with her? Like everyone is free to practice their religion in their own way but him drawing a religious hard line on only wine seems weird.

I feel like people on this show generally approach religion in a very "a la carte" fashion.  I'm not judging, because I'll give up meat on Fridays if I remember, I try to pick out something I like but don't LOVE to give up for Lent and I might make it to church twice a year.   But, no premarital sex.....yeah....I'm not going to do that one. 

Regarding the lingerie....you probably don't really want to know, but at the Victoria's secret semi annual sale that is exactly how people shop for their undergarments .....the panties are in bins separated by sizes from XS - XL.  Bras are also separated IIRC, either by the cup size (A-D) or the measurement of the chest (30-40).

I absolutely don't do bin shopping because I don't have the patience and I only buy a few specific types of bras, so rooting through a bin to find a deal on a bra that doesn't give me the support I demand is a waste of time and also there are too many people trying to dig in the same bin.

The fancier stuff (maybe what Robert was buying?) shouldn't be in a bin, because it's a matching set, but I suppose it could be.  The stuff ceasar buys should be in a joke corner somewhere. 

Back when Fredricks of Hollywood was still a thing that was the perfect place to get the type of lingerie Robert was looking for.  The pricing was so much more reasonable than VS and they had a far better selection of..... "special occasion" lingerie in easy to understand sizing.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
On 11/15/2019 at 1:28 PM, John M said:

I wondered the same thing, her hair looked exactly like maybe she just got it wet, then didn't bother to brush it. Then she twists it up into a flat, greasy looking rendition of a messy bun.

And that dress, with booties just wasn't flattering at all, why didn't she choose at least a pretty color? 

They're an hour late to the airport, and there's no good reason for that.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, RealReality said:

Regarding the lingerie....you probably don't really want to know, but at the Victoria's secret semi annual sale that is exactly how people shop for their undergarments .....the panties are in bins separated by sizes from XS - XL.  Bras are also separated IIRC, either by the cup size (A-D) or the measurement of the chest (30-40).

Side note about Victoria's secret.

I am a proud COL.  A few years ago, I went to two different VS stores to find something special to wear for our 50th anniversary.  In both stores, I was the ONLY customer (because I'm retired and prefer to shop on weekdays when the mall isn't crowded).

In neither store did ANY employee even acknowledge my assistance, much less offer to help me.  I felt like I could have walked out of there with arms full of stuff, and they wouldn't have even noticed, because they were trying to hard to ignore the little old lady who didn't fit their target demographic.

I sent an e-mail to VS headquarters and told them that I would - in the future - ignore their stores as much as their employees ignored me.  Corporate headquarters was apologetic, but I've kept to my promise.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, configdotsys said:

As I was reading the post I did the exact same thing: wondered what COL meant (Christian Old Lady?) and searched too. High five, Major. 

From one of the other threads: Clueless old lady or cranky old lady, and we are proud of it. 

• Love 7
On 11/17/2019 at 4:06 PM, AZChristian said:

Side note about Victoria's secret.

I am a proud COL.  A few years ago, I went to two different VS stores to find something special to wear for our 50th anniversary.  In both stores, I was the ONLY customer (because I'm retired and prefer to shop on weekdays when the mall isn't crowded).

In neither store did ANY employee even acknowledge my assistance, much less offer to help me.  I felt like I could have walked out of there with arms full of stuff, and they wouldn't have even noticed, because they were trying to hard to ignore the little old lady who didn't fit their target demographic.

I sent an e-mail to VS headquarters and told them that I would - in the future - ignore their stores as much as their employees ignored me.  Corporate headquarters was apologetic, but I've kept to my promise.

That's messed up and I'm annoyed on your behalf. Good for you.  

I do think VS employees have a walk a fine line between bothersome and inattentive.....but people know when they are being aggressively ignored and thats bullshit.  

I've had it happen at the MAC store when I went in with a friend.   Apparently MAC employees were too good to even acknowledge my existence....which is fine, I shop Sephora anyways. But now I'll never buy from MAC (and I don't need to since there are a billion premium makeup brands)

Unless you're a size two or super body confident it's already kinda nerve wracking to buy sexy lingerie.

Fredrick's of Hollywood was trashy, but I think that their staff was always ALWAYS attentive and encouraging.  The location in Hollywood off highland had an older woman working there who was amazing. 

• Love 4