Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: I Want To Kiss You

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I believe that's Anny, modeling her gifts from Robert and I was intrigued by the back fat since the commercial first aired. 

Robert calls that voluptuous and thinks she wears a medium.

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, Matty said:

The Turkish beekeeper seems simple. It's not the language barrier. It's the way he carries himself and his demeanor. Omar, the young Syrian guy on the other show, also comes from a conservative Muslim background and had never kissed a woman or held a woman's hand before Avery but he seemed to have a better sense of himself than Mursel. Mursel is middle aged and has never been married or with a woman, I'm assuming. He seemed really over eager and naive. He hasn't told his parents that Anna has kids because he's afraid. At his age shouldn't he be a bit more independent and not so worried about his parent's reaction?

Also, Mursel was shown going into a hotel room with a woman whom he isn't married to, plopping on the bed and kissing her. How conservative can he possibly be? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think Robert said "volumptuous" (Loren on Pillow Talk heard it that way too), which might be more fitting, given the back fat.  

that's what was shown on my closed captioning, too. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

But really - pretentious sports cars are for driving around pretentiously, not toting around children.

Maybe Angela will ask him to tote her rotten egg around in his sports car.

His name is Michael, after all.

Edited by hookedontv
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
Just now, Callaphera said:

That's... not how it works. If someone is confused about their gender, their ponytail isn't going to be what does it.

I disagree, treating a little boy like a little girl is certainly confusing to the child.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I disagree, treating a little boy like a little girl is certainly confusing to the child.

A ponytail doesn't equal girl. If it did, professional wrestling just got a whooole lot more interesting. 

The Cry-Baby Monster might have just wanted to look like Daddy. Syngin had some pretty flowing locks, too - he might just be riding the fence according to this theory. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 21
13 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I think it's a pretty major stretch to assume that a boy with long hair is "being treated like a little girl." That little boy appeared to have the latitude to do whatever he wanted, from what little we saw of him making aggressive noises and climbing all over his dad/the sofa. It's quite a leap to assume that a little boy with a ponytail is being "treated like a little girl." I'm not sure where that idea came from, but we haven't even seen 10 whole minutes of Robert's son yet and he's still only a toddler, so it seems awfully premature to assume he's "confused about his gender" or anything along those lines. 

You could be right.  Maybe I overreacted to the ponytail.  That said, when I first saw Robert's child I thought, "cute little girl".   

• Love 9
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Why did broke ass Robert take a cruise and only spend 8 hrs in DR when he could have just booked a trip directly and spend a few days? I know his ass is broke but DR vacays are pretty cheap especially flying out of Florida.

If you go during hurricane season, and book an interior cabin, you can get dirt cheap cruises. That means no plane ticket to buy, no hotel room and meals are taken care of. Betting it's cheaper than a week in the DR, when you add up the cost. That said, the fact that his entire reason for going was to meet up with Anny and could only spend 8 hours cuz that's how long the ship was in port makes zero sense. Plus he would have to go with someone otherwise you have to pay double the price if there isn't another person in the cabin. Something tells me traveling to the DR to meet his lady love wasn't the motivation, but rather a side benefit. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

If you go during hurricane season, and book an interior cabin, you can get dirt cheap cruises. 

Keep in mind too, you can cruise without getting a passport.  

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Guaranteed he has a Range Rover for winter. No way he takes that sports car out in bad weather.

Mercedes G class.  Ostentatiously douchie, militarily ugly, and totally unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

What's worse, living in a shed in your parent's backyard or living in a storage unit with no windows, no kitchen and a maximum 2 minutes of hot water for showers?

Shed.  

At least at the storage unit there's no chance of walking out your front door and beholding your mother indulging in some naked hot tub time. 

1 hour ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Sasha.  Man.  He's 32, married 2x (about to be 3), 2 kids (about to be 3).  LordT.  My theory is that he dead lifts chicks and by mistake a few have fallen on his dick.  Then, he marries them/has babies with them.  Solid theory, no?

Russia has an even higher divorce rate than the US.  Until recently Russians tended to get married young and get married often.  Now that their economy is slowing down, not so much.  

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, Lemur said:

Keep in mind too, you can cruise without getting a passport.

Good point. He doesn't seem like he has the means ($110 fee)  to keep his passport up to date, if he even has one. You can cruise with a birth certificate, as long as the cruise begins and ends in the US. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RoadFullOfPromise said:

I would absolutely call that derogatory; the only intent of calling anyone crybaby is to demean them. There are like 1,000 other ways to get the point across to a kid, and this is not it.

Yep. I was appalled by this scene. He called him a monster too. Kids are so sensitive to this shit.  You could tell by the little guy's response.   He might not be verbal enough to express himself but he was like "screw you guys."

Just piss poor parenting of a tiny motherless child unable to defend himself. Made me sick.

ETA: I thought his hair was cute though 🙂 Both my boys had long hair at that age; I loved it so!  However, we live in southern California so its not really unusual. No one ever thought they were girls.

Edited by glitterpussy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, PityFree said:

What Robert needs to buy is a decent beard trimmer, not lingerie. 

I especially found that all thing silly - she wants all this expensive stuff (at no time, mentioning lingerie) and he decides he's going to spend what little money he has on something that makes HIM feel special.  Beginning to understand why he has to go outside the country to find someone.  Self-absorbed twit.

4 hours ago, queenbee24 said:

And her stupid American “do you speak English?” crap in Russia really peeves me.

Remember - she is an English teacher and has lived in the country for THREE YEARS!!!!!  I am appalled at her lack of effort.  I don't know how anyone could live anywhere without a basic grasp of the local language.  It's appalling!

4 hours ago, queenbee24 said:

Bee lady… she seems normal one minute and super immature the next. The friend with the whole “yeah she’s made a lot of bad decisions…” can we hear more from her please?

I love that at least these two have something, ANYthing, in common.  These folks have half a shot at making it work.  [applause]

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Your mission, @DiamondGirl, should you choose to accept it, is minor stalking and providing us with local color and texture!

The one that lives in Colchester, CT?  That's the town right next to the farm I co-own.  Unfortunately, I won't be back there until the end of the month, but I guess the town now has a chance to become famous/infamous.

I will have to look around when I'm grocery shopping (there's only one big grocery store in the town).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Forget the NFL players.  How the hell did Shaquille O'Neal, at 7'1" and well over 300 lbs, fit back there?

Because he was not there?  Nothing annoys me more than name droppers.  Like who the hell cares who was in you uber?

Wait - Loren, is that YOU? I knew Alexei was tall, but... 

Nope - sorry, just me up in here in Minnesota, having a mimosa.  (Actually, I am not, I thought I would drop that in there.)  Plus how can I say this nicely?  Lexi weighs a bit less than my hubby.  Not fat, just a lumberjack type guy!!!  

1 hour ago, Matty said:

Robert and Anny's relationship is strictly transactional.

I agree and there is no issue with that unless one of thinks it is a romantic thing.  She wants the US, an Iphone and cash, he wants a nanny he can sleep with.

• Love 5

I think it's a pretty major stretch to assume that a boy with long hair is "being treated like a little girl." That little boy appeared to have the latitude to do whatever he wanted, from what little we saw of him making aggressive noises and climbing all over his dad/the sofa. It's quite a leap to assume that a little boy with a ponytail is being "treated like a little girl." I'm not sure where that idea came from, but we haven't even seen 10 whole minutes of Robert's son yet and he's still only a toddler, so it seems awfully premature to assume he's "confused about his gender" or anything along those lines. 

My son-in-law's nephews both have hair almost to the waist.  No one is mistaking either kid for being a girl.  And that's in inner city Waterbury, CT.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, b2H said:

Remember - she is an English teacher and has lived in the country for THREE YEARS!!!!!  I am appalled at her lack of effort.  I don't know how anyone could live anywhere without a basic grasp of the local language.  It's appalling!

Plus, I can't believe she was in the world, reading literature and thinking Russia is a wonderland?!?! WTF was she reading?

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

How the hell did Shaquille O'Neal, at 7'1" and well over 300 lbs, fit back there?

I was under the impression that he met Shaquille while generally out and about. Perhaps in the street or at a bar? Not via his uber job

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Chile, y'all know that shed isn't even as nice as Sheryl's She Shed?!  Tania is a hell of thing:  She obviously bartends for a friend whenever she needs cash/mom makes her.  When she left toolbag #1 in SA, she just hoped over to something else by herself and met toolbag #2.  She was lucky af that she wasn't trafficked!  Tania is annoying and thinks she is, IMO, smarter and more worldly than she actually is. She sex shop escapades and the sex corner of the room were eyeroll inducing. LOL.

Sasha.  Man.  He's 32, married 2x (about to be 3), 2 kids (about to be 3).  LordT.  My theory is that he dead lifts chicks and by mistake a few have fallen on his dick.  Then, he marries them/has babies with them.  Solid theory, no?

WASPy, rich, small dick guy?  Hard pass.  He's a Wayans Bros movie villain.  I'm out. LOLOL.  I hope that pretty, young model takes ALLLLLLL his money.  Fuck him.

Sheryl would be happy to see SheShed's she shed burn to the ground.

Sasha speaks better English than some Americans I've encountered!

I really like Michael's children. Max cracked me up when he said that his mum probably wouldn't be bothered by the girlfriend because she'll think she's in the same category as the children.

Robert is an absolute fool and tool to be bringing that gold digger chick to the U.S. He deserves the shit show she's going to make his life but the kid doesn't. And when she sees his crappy life, OMG.

I was intrigued by the beekeepers and thought that was pretty cool, but as someone else has pointed out, the guy seems kind of simple.

As for Nigerian Michael, I'm glad he's coming to the US after all of the shit he's gone through to get here. Hopefully he'll be able to make the escape we've dreamed of for him and find a nice girl with dozens of eggs.

• Love 19
6 hours ago, RoadFullOfPromise said:

I would absolutely call that derogatory; the only intent of calling anyone crybaby is to demean them. There are like 1,000 other ways to get the point across to a kid, and this is not it.

I see your point.  I guess that didn't bother me so much as this child even being on TV.  I just don't like the idea of very young children on these reality shows.   I feel the same way about people who put their very young children on YouTube or Instagram.  Your kids are too young to make that decision for themselves.  I feel uncomfortable for the viewing audience to know your child's name, what he/she looks like and where they live. 

Sometimes I think the parents want some type of fame and want their children to get that fame for them.  

• Love 22

So what is up with Tania "self identifying" as Latina? I'm bi-racial... I didn't know I had a choice which race I can identify? Is this a thing? I'm on the wrong side of 30, so I guess I'm an old. What else would she identify as? Maybe her Father is another race? 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She saw Dr. Zhivago once.

And she didn't know it was cold? Girl, please.

Raves are known for heavy drug use.  Maybe her brain is addled. Would explain why she couldn’t say small in Russian after three years.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Cammi said:

So what is up with Tania "self identifying" as Latina? I'm bi-racial... I didn't know I had a choice which race I can identify? Is this a thing? I'm on the wrong side of 30, so I guess I'm an old. What else would she identify as? Maybe her Father is another race? 

I thought she was saying that she's Latina,  and her boyfriend has never been with a woman who is "brown."

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Cammi said:

"Self-identification" is a sort of reclaiming or owning one's racial mix, as opposed to the old 1% or Quadroon laws.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Also, Mursel was shown going into a hotel room with a woman whom he isn't married to, plopping on the bed and kissing her. How conservative can he possibly be? 

As conservative as Zied?

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Okay, I am now going to write the most positive comment I think I have ever written about any iteration of the 90 Day family....at least nobody taught their children to call the new person in their lives "dad" or "mom."  I see that as a real step forward for this franchise...

I went to Japan to teach English in various companies and you can bet I learned Japanese.  Emily is just too special.  She might like being seen as 'helpless' and super special.  I was surprised that Sasha didn't show any remorse about leaving his children as he moves to the U.S.  Sure Emily, it will be TOTALLY different with you...

I initially liked the bee keepers, but ended up fast forwarding most of their segments as I just have no patience for the having to use an app to talk with each other process.  The rich guy and the 'model'?  Reminds me of Mark and Nikki.  Love the kids though.  I was surprised that there were two stories from Connecticut but then decided that they're trying for another Darcey drama. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, politichick said:

As for Nigerian Michael, I'm glad he's coming to the US after all of the shit he's gone through to get here. Hopefully he'll be able to make the escape we've dreamed of for him and find a nice girl with dozens of eggs.

I would like for Michael to find a happy life in America. But I can see a scenario where the police turn up to a domestic incident 100% instigated by Angela, and it all ending very badly for Michael. Best case scenario, he gets arrested and it jeopardises his green card. Worst case scenario, he ends up getting shot.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I believe that's Anny, modeling her gifts from Robert and I was intrigued by the back fat since the commercial first aired. 

I saw the back fat and thought Larissa had returned. 

I breathed a sign of relief when it was Anny.  😄  

• LOL 5
11 minutes ago, essexjan said:

Obvs, she's going to get drunk at some point (bachelorette night maybe) and he'll have second thoughts about the wedding.

Maybe it will lower her inhibitions and he will like that.

12 minutes ago, essexjan said:

Yay, a whole new bunch of mugs for us to mock - plus Angela (ye gods!).

I don't know anybody's names at the moment but this is my take:

Bee Lady and her Turkish Delight seem sweet and not completely unsuited. I wonder how much of the 'family don't know about the children' storyline is manufactured, along with the drinking story. Obvs, she's going to get drunk at some point (bachelorette night maybe) and he'll have second thoughts about the wedding.

Bossy political woman and South African stoner - run, dude, run! She will make your life a misery.

8-hour guy - scumbag who wants a babysitter for his sugar-amped-up kid matched with a woman who only wants a green card. A match made in heaven.

Preggo woman and gym bunny - yeah, he'll cheat on her, and can't wait to get to America and get a job in a gym where he'll hit on all the young women.

Wine Douche and Brazilian "model" - his kids were perfect and his son made me cackle when he said that his new stepmom will be "more like us", gesturing to himself and his sister. I thought Wine Douche looked a bit odd in his THs. His body is doughy and he has moobs, but in his TH he had on a too-tight blue shirt and it looked as if he was wearing one of these underneath. It's a compression vest to hide moobs and paunch.

61BrbB89fZL._UX679_.jpg

Wine is a lot of empty calories, not to mention the cheese.

• Love 1

Not pleased that Refrigerator Ang is back. 

Emily makes Corny (Courtney) look smart. 

Anna looks like Hatchface sans makeup. 

Her kid's faces sum up this season group of participants for me. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 10.49.17 AM.png

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, b2H said:

The one that lives in Colchester, CT?  That's the town right next to the farm I co-own.  Unfortunately, I won't be back there until the end of the month, but I guess the town now has a chance to become famous/infamous.

I will have to look around when I'm grocery shopping (there's only one big grocery store in the town).

No, I’m located near the beekeeper from Nebraska lol.

4 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

No, I’m located near the beekeeper from Nebraska lol.

I was referring to the one in Colchester.  So between my daughter (who still lives on the farm) and me, we'll need to keep an eye on the one from Colchester.

Greenwich, on the other hand, is a couple of hours away, so someone else will need to watch out for the winery-nutcase.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I thought she was saying that she's Latina,  and her boyfriend has never been with a woman who is "brown."

I think she said her father was from a South or Central American country, I can't recall which.

I took it as her saying she is half white and half Latina, but "self-identifies" as Latina.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, b2H said:

I think you might have more luck spotting her at the sex toy shop or at an Antifa protest.  Her Mom probably does the grocery shopping.  Does she even have a refrigerator in her She Shed She-and-He Shed?

• Love 3