Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E07: Halloween Night

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I also missed the type of team dances where each couple had a solo. Too much production in these team dances now, rather than the three couples dancing of the old days.

I agree. I miss the solos for each couple. And they can do that and still have all sorts of production. See the Halloween group dances in Season 17 (The Spooky Bom Bom dance is one of my all-time favorites!) or Season 19 or Season 25.

The table beginning of Team Trick’s dance reminded me of the opening of Team Nightmare’s dance a few seasons back.

Man, Spicer really is going to Bristol Palin his way into the finals, isn’t he?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

feel bad for Alan, Carrie Ann really put him on the spot about Hannah being insecure and then he just agreed, with Hannah standing right next to him.  Ugh.  Calling the girl insecure on national tv is not helpful.  On his insta this morning he basically apologizes for saying it and that he's not good at public speaking.  I'm guessing Hannah was not amused (and rightfully so).  Carrie Ann calling her out in the group dance for suddenly making a huge change in her dancing and Hannah was like, it felt like any other dance. 

Carrie Ann needs to stop with the therapizing of contestants. Tyra Banks used to pull this on Top Model and it's ultimately why I quit watching. And Erin, that dolt, needs to stop feeding into it. It would have been best to ignore Carrie Ann's highly subjective and personal commentary and just move on. Lord help us but I find Len to be the fairest of the judges. 

Useful commentary: "I think you're disconnected from your dances. Work on that - we want to feel more emotion."

What Carrie Ann did was force Alan into making some comment on Hannah as a PERSON, rather than Hannah as a dancer. So unnecessary. Just score her accordingly and move on, please.

And I love Alan but wow he's like a pawn who played right into the producer's hands with that comment. They love it - it drives ratings. They made Pageant Queen and Bachelorette cry and now it's a water cooler moment. NOT OK WITH ME. Christ, what's with the show's fascination on making pretty women cry? I much preferred Hannah's Vaseline smile to Ally's constant water works.

Spicer is hardly the worst contestant to outlast better contestants. This happens every year. It's not Sean's fault and I think it's sad that we expect him to hate himself for what the voting public decides. Lindsey should choreograph to the best of her abilities as that's her job. Karamo wasn't that great and neither was Sailor. When we reach a situation where a Charlie White is eliminated to keep  Candace Bure around, call me. We are NOT there yet and I think he'll pull a Grocer Joe-type exit, hanging around until it's true winning-level talent that remains (so Katie and Lauren might go before him, and I don't mind). 

On a final note, all Carrie Ann's "free therapy" did was drive votes for Hannah. If they keep low-balling her and tongue-bathing contestants like Kel and Lauren who dance on her level, it will just motivate her fan base. 

This show really needs to either cast all ringers or only non-dancers. Every season we fight about "non-dancers growing" vs. "great dancers being eliminated." This will never end, it seems, and some contestants inspire more ire than others. 

• Love 6

It seemed like almost everyone was wearing weird, colored contacts and it made me wonder if that made it harder to see what they were doing.

I've never seen such unbalanced teams before. The four best celebs were on the first team and the four worst were on the second. That's no way to choose teams, it was wildly uneven and the second team had no chance.

The only reason to cast someone like Sean Spicer is as a ratings gimmick. The show thought it would "get people talking" and bring in new viewers. Well, that hasn't worked. Ratings are pretty much the same as they've been the last few seasons, and maybe a bit lower. So there is only a down side to this: pissing off people who haven't yet stopped watching the show but maybe will now.

I wonder if the judges just gave Sean 1s it would be enough to get rid of him, no matter how many people vote for him. Or zeroes. Do they have zero paddles? I know they probably don't want to rile up his fan base but that's a moot point, they're voting for him like crazy anyway. It's not like they could vote for him more than they do now.

Tired of Hannah’s “I’m just a girl from a reality show” whining. She spent her life as a pageant girl in front of audiences where she had to perform talent pieces

I don't know anything about her dance experience but she competed in the Miss USA pageant system. They don't have a talent competition. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Spicer is hardly the worst contestant to outlast better contestants. This happens every year. It's not Sean's fault and I think it's sad that we expect him to hate himself for what the voting public decides. Lindsey should choreograph to the best of her abilities as that's her job. Karamo wasn't that great and neither was Sailor. When we reach a situation where a Charlie White is eliminated to keep  Candace Bure around, call me. We are NOT there yet and I think he'll pull a Grocer Joe-type exit, hanging around until it's true winning-level talent that remains (so Katie and Lauren might go before him, and I don't mind). 

I expect Sean to hate himself for being a terrible person but I can't speak on that here without breaking their rules.  But my point is boo hoo for Sean.  Yeah, in other seasons I've defended the person that remains since it isn't their fault unless it's a Bobby Bones who has an actively awful personality.  But I can't bring myself to care about Sean and his potentially hurt feelings just knowing all of the other awful things he's done in life.

I also don't think Sean is better than Candace Cameron Bure.  I even saw a few looneys on social media last night trying to say that Sean is better than Kate, which is also ludicrous and I guess cemented in the fact that Sean isn't being asked to do anything whereas Kate completes actual steps.  Plus the low low level for white men in this country versus women. Let's just say Lindsay is working very very hard, as noted in the group dance, to cover up this mans lack of ability.  She's just better at her job than Jenna was with Joe.

3 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

That's ridiculous. Butt out Erin , stirring the pot is so you. She danced with Maks you know( barf)

I don't get the comparison.  At all.  I'm not a fan of Maks or Erin but how is that comparable to Sean.  I think a bigger issue is actual elected officials are spending their time getting involved in DWTS voting.  To me that is far more pathetic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Sarah Heart said:

I wasn't making a comparison,  Erin brings up the fact she danced with Maks, how hard it was etc etc nearly every week ad nauseam, she also goes on Twitter to encourage votes for the brothers. As a host, imnsho, she should sthu. You never see Tom doing this, because he's class.

Maybe I'm missing something but stupid political guy tweeted Erin unprovoked asking her why she looked so sad on the air and started with her.  She didn't tweet something that he responded to and I noticed he took aim at the woman cohost and not the male host who has 100% voiced his disdain for Spicer on multiple occasions.  If Tom is allowed to have his political opinions and voice them then so can she.  And I guarantee Tom hates Spicer more than she does.

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, spanana said:

I also don't think Sean is better than Candace Cameron Bure.  I even saw a few looneys on social media last night trying to say that Sean is better than Kate

Sean is not better than Candace - that was not the point of my comment. What I was trying to say is that no one at the talent level of CHARLIE WHITE has been eliminated yet. Charlie could have won the whole thing. So far, Sean has outlasted mid-tier dances, not someone amazing like Normani, Heather Morris, Tinashe, etc. 

And no, Sean is not better than Kate. But Kate isn't exactly amazing either. She's done quite a few great dances and some middling ones. I thought she was stiff as a board last night and had zero facial expression.

So again, I'll get the ire and frustration when a winning-level contestant is booted to keep Sean around. It's all subjective, but it's a problem bigger than Spicer and/or Bobby Bones. 

Let's all be clear on one thing: The problem is not and never was Spicer, it's these new producers. I know all I need to from their treatment of Artem and Sharna. They're smarmy suits with no  clue how to make a successful show or treat their talent properly. I hope they clean house after this season. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Sarah Heart said:

I don't think Tom hates Spicer,  he is able to compartmentalize ,  his job, vs his political  views

I agree Tom can compartmentalize but I'm 99.9% sure he hates Spicer and has made that clear.  I just don't think he hates him for reasons relevant to the ballroom.  

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

If you're still not sure why Sean is still there, take a look at Erin's Twitter mentions, which are blowing up because of this tweet:

That's ridiculous. Butt out Erin , stirring the pot is so you. She danced with Maks you know( barf)

She didn't tweet anything negative about Sean.  She was tagged in targeted tweet by someone who was trying to stir the pot.  She replied in the positive about Sean.  

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Butt out of what? The guy tweeted at her and made her feed blow up before she responded to him.

33 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I wasn't making a comparison,  Erin brings up the fact she danced with Maks, how hard it was etc etc nearly every week ad nauseam, she also goes on Twitter to encourage votes for the brothers. As a host, imnsho, she should sthu. You never see Tom doing this, because he's class.

Erin has never gone on Twitter and encouraged votes for Maks or Val. She didn't do it before she became co-host and she certainly hasn't done it since.

• Love 6

Part of the problem with the current version of the show (Spicer aside) is that the remaining pros are not stand-outs like Mark and Derek were.  Each week I would be excited to see what new creative and original routines they would come up with.  Now that they are gone, the other pros are competent but not overly interesting.  The show has been on so long that now we pretty much see the same thing over and over.

Add to that, so many of the celebrities are unknown to many of us, and are not that interesting.  The last celeb I remember who was exciting was Hinch, who started out not as a dancer and traveled all the way to amazing.  Others may have been good, and even won, but I can't even remember who they were.

Perhaps the show has been on long enough.  Perhaps last season's outcome and this season's controversy will help put it over that edge.

Last night's episode was a good example of all this.  Halloween Night usually is my favorite night and I look forward to it, but last night I found bland and disappointing.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

Sean really should have been eliminated 4 weeks ago. 

So true. Why does DWTS get these lying political hacks???  Are they that hard up on getting "stars" to go on the show? I would rather watch someone like a social media "influencer" than any politics guy, democrat or republican. My bar is so low on "stars" now, thanks to ppl like Spicer. The boos were great.

I am not a fan of Jenna, so not too unhappy to see her go, but feel sorry for Karamo as he danced well tonight.

Maybe next week will be double elimination week. I have a feeling that will be the only way to get rid of Spicer.

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I've never seen such unbalanced teams before. The four best celebs were on the first team and the four worst were on the second. That's no way to choose teams, it was wildly uneven and the second team had no chance.

I'm sure the teams were already determined before each person picked "Trick" or "Treat".

I don't understand why one team had three male pros/one female pro and  the other team had had three female pros/one male pro.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I'm sure the teams were already determined before each person picked "Trick" or "Treat".

I don't understand why one team had three male pros/one female pro and  the other team had had three female pros/one male pro.

Not to mention the four worst dancers IMO were on one team. That was pretty lame to give only a three point difference between the scores.  If they gave James' team a 27, the other team should have gotten a 20 at best. Maybe that would have gotten rid of Spicer. I don't think TPTB actually want him gone. He is getting Trump to tweet about their show. Why on earth would they want him gone?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't watch this show, but I follow the eliminations and public comments.  I think part of the reason for the Spicer vote is the comments made by Tom before the show began. Plus, when I watched in the past, they used to tell everyone to call in and vote for your favorites even before the dances began. If they tell people to vote for their favorites, why do they wonder when people do it instead of best dances?

17 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Not to mention the four worst dancers IMO were on one team. That was pretty lame to give only a three point difference between the scores.  If they gave James' team a 27, the other team should have gotten a 20 at best. Maybe that would have gotten rid of Spicer. I don't think TPTB actually want him gone. He is getting Trump to tweet about their show. Why on earth would they want him gone?

Because they are never going to have that sort of point spread on a team dance even if it sucks.  Also I don't think they were going to hose Kel, Karamo and Kate that hard on Sean's behalf.  It's not their fault that Sean won't ever go away and at this point in the competition it would be fairly demoralizing and I'd also add that I think scoring them that low would cause more outrage on their behalf and a flurry of last second voting, probably most of which would be for Sean and we would still wind up with one of Kel, Karamo and Kate leaving.

It also just looks mean since the show is the one that divided the teams and made them unfair in the first place so it reads like a planned pile on and while I don't care about Sean, it's still not fair to the others.

They also want him gone because they know they are in trouble if he wins. I don't think TPTB care that much that he's still there, but Sean winning will be like Bobby x 100.  It would basically be the death of the show because good luck getting anyone non political to sign up after that.  It's not just because viewers are outraged, do you think Hollywood people are going to continue to sign on after Bones and then worse, Spicer?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, lonestar said:

I don't watch this show, but I follow the eliminations and public comments.  I think part of the reason for the Spicer vote is the comments made by Tom before the show began. Plus, when I watched in the past, they used to tell everyone to call in and vote for your favorites even before the dances began. If they tell people to vote for their favorites, why do they wonder when people do it instead of best dances?

I think the thing that is pissing people off is that people aren't voting for Sean because he is their favorite. They are voting for him to piss off the libs/haters/left or whatever they call Democrats nowadays. People aren't voting for him because he's a great dancer or a great guy.

You know, I wasn't even that upset about Bones winning because he had legitimate fans who voted for him. But sadly, this show has sunk to a new level. I would like to see it come back, but I'm not sure they can recover from this season.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, lonestar said:

I doubt most watching even know Tom's comments so I don't think that is the reason and I think the hope is that peoples faves have some semblace of talent.  I definitely agree it's some weird misguided "owning the libs" thing since there is a weird untrue belief that most of Hollywood is the liberal elite.  

Edited by spanana
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, spanana said:

It also just looks mean since the show is the one that divided the teams and made them unfair in the first place so it reads like a planned pile on and while I don't care about Sean, it's still not fair to the others.

I don't know if it's true, but according to Pure, James and Kate picked the teams since they had the highest scores. 

Louis Van Amstel, IMO, was the best male dance pro they ever had. When he left the show, so did I.  Derek won a lot, was he was the chosen one who always got a "celebrity" who was younger and physically able to dance.

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, boyznkatz said:

I don't know if it's true, but according to Pure, James and Kate picked the teams since they had the highest scores. 

The show portrayed it as chance.  They had each couple go up to a thing and pick something up and on the bottom it said what team they were on.  They started with the lowing scoring couple so Sean picked first.  But that sort of thing would have been easy enough for production to rig a certain way.  If anyone picked their teams, that is now how they showed it.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

She loves the brothers, including  the ugly younger one, and yes she's tweeted for them.

Yes she loves the brothers but I promise you she has never tweeted for them. Certainly not since she joined the show as co-host. I know this because my friends and I used to always comment about how none of Maks's former partners ever tweeted their support for him or for anyone to vote for him.

12 minutes ago, spanana said:

They also want him gone because they know they are in trouble if he wins. I don't think TPTB care that much that he's still there, but Sean winning will be like Bobby x 100.  It would basically be the death of the show because good luck getting anyone non political to sign up after that.  It's not just because viewers are outraged, do you think Hollywood people are going to continue to sign on after Bones and then worse, Spicer?

The show loves still having him around. It's all anyone is talking about today.

11 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

You know, I wasn't even that upset about Bones winning because he had legitimate fans who voted for him. But sadly, this show has sunk to a new level. I would like to see it come back, but I'm not sure they can recover from this season.

I'm not either, especially after all their talk about preventing what happened last season from happening again and bringing in a new producer to see to that. Personally I'm not a political person and I see enough of that crap as it is. I watch DWTS to get away from it -- but here it is, having totally overtaken the show and every conversation about it.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I'm not either, especially after all their talk about preventing what happened last season from happening again and bringing in a new producer to see to that. Personally I'm not a political person and I see enough of that crap as it is. I watch DWTS to get away from it -- but here it is, having totally overtaken the show and every conversation about it.

True, Sean and his voters have totally hijacked the show. I'll bet most of the people who vote for him aren't even fans of the show. That's the sad part.

• Love 10

Did I see Maks in the big opening number? It was hard to tell with the makeup. But it seemed like they featured him quite a few times so I thought maybe he popped in.

I am watching Strictly Come Dancing for the first time right now and I like that the dances are very simply staged and are chock full of real content. I can't believe Bruno flies back and forth to do both shows, and still has that manic energy! 

2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Sean is not better than Candace - that was not the point of my comment. What I was trying to say is that no one at the talent level of CHARLIE WHITE has been eliminated yet. Charlie could have won the whole thing. So far, Sean has outlasted mid-tier dances, not someone amazing like Normani, Heather Morris, Tinashe, etc. 

And no, Sean is not better than Kate. But Kate isn't exactly amazing either. She's done quite a few great dances and some middling ones. I thought she was stiff as a board last night and had zero facial expression.

So again, I'll get the ire and frustration when a winning-level contestant is booted to keep Sean around. It's all subjective, but it's a problem bigger than Spicer and/or Bobby Bones. 

Let's all be clear on one thing: The problem is not and never was Spicer, it's these new producers. I know all I need to from their treatment of Artem and Sharna. They're smarmy suits with no  clue how to make a successful show or treat their talent properly. I hope they clean house after this season. 

In that case, the only one who really falls in that type of category this season is James. 

I like a poster's idea about a "three strikes and you're out" type of rule - if you are at the VERY bottom scoring-wise for three weeks in a row, you're automatically out, and if you are not in the bottom two when fans votes are accounted, then the ones who are actually in the bottom two get "saved" for that week. 

• Love 2

Given the online push to keep Sean and stick it to the libs and Hollyweird, I would be willing to bet my life savings that most voting for him are not watching it. Therefore, the producers plan of bringing in a polarizing figure to boost ratings kind of loses out. My mother and I have watched the show since the first season. We call during the commercials and compare notes while I'm doing homework and other things. It is something we have in common and can discuss without the drama. 

This season has been different. Even though I didn't like Bobby Bones, I could appreciate Sharna winning and all that. He made me roll my eyes, but I didn't cringe or change the channel. I watched for the first time last week and a few minutes of last night. I just can't let my blood pressure increase with Sean Spicer. Politics aside, he made a mockery of a career that I love and have been passionate about since I was a kid. I always wanted to be the press secretary for the president (not this one). I have spent my career building mutually beneficial relationships with government entities and the media, only to watch that fragile thread get severed over the last three years because people think that the way Spicer and his successors degrade, lie, and scheme is not only appropriate but the norm. I find him disgusting and not worth my time. 

My advice to the show at this point is to have him dance last and then give him low scores like 1s or 2s so that his base doesn't have time to make up the difference. They are used to him getting those 6s now so the lower score should shock them without time to fix it. If that doesn't, I say bring back Tonya Harding for a whack.   

Mark Ballas used to get on my nerves, but he was good at Halloween, as was Derek. Those group dances were horrible. I wasn't even sure who I was watching half the time. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

The show loves still having him around. It's all anyone is talking about today.

Everyone may be talking about this, but what is happening in the ratings?  I doubt the ratings are flying up, because, as mentioned above, the people voting for him are probably not watching the show.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

My advice to the show at this point is to have him dance last and then give him low scores like 1s or 2s so that his base doesn't have time to make up the difference.

Except people can start voting for whomever as soon as the dances start, right? Agree that this show is riding high on the talk. #DWTS was trending last night even before it ended. And yeah, TPTB left Sean as the last saved to create more talk.

Am I correct that west coast is unable to vote? Could a west coaster vote before the show airs there or are the area codes blocked? I can vote for my favorite without having to see the dance first.

I thought James' dance was spectacular and so near perfect it deserved 10s. I didn't see the bobble judges were talking about (unless they figure out their scores based on rehearsal). So for the next two dances, that were okay, adequate but nothing special or even interesting, to get the same score as James, who had me mesmerized, was whack.

I noticed Keramo's dad was absent from the audience. I guess his 15 minutes of riding his son's fame and tv time is over.

I agree makeup and costumes were excellent. Except in Hannah's case it took me right out of the mood to see a Dead Zombie smiling and grinning with all her gigantic bright-white teeth during that dance. Way to NOT stay in character.

I can't see this show ending any time soon, regardless of who wins this season.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

That's actually  Bobby Bones, that says vote for Lauren, and stick it to Hollywood  elite. He won the damn show, what's his beef? Other than being  an idiot.

He is an idiot, but I do like Lauren. I sort of feel sorry for her that people don't like her because of Bobby and Gleb. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Does anyone besides me dislike Carrie Ann? She just comes off as a drunk ditz who can't stop laughing over nothing. I'd be happy with new judges altogether. Len is too old school for this type of competition and Bruno takes 10 years to get to his point (so does Carrie Ann).

I can’t stand her!  I like Len because he has actual ballroom knowledge.  Bruno, I can take or leave but I have wished for years that CA would be gone.

• Love 6

Bobby, I don't dislike you because you're not the Hollywood elite. I dislike you for other reasons.

How may winners are the Hollywood elite? Maybe Rumer Willis because of her parents. There was a military veteran/actor and a deaf model who won. Not Hollywood elite.

All this talk about a country girl from American Idol possibly winning the show reminds me of a similar woman who won the show, Kelly Pickler. Was she Hollywood elite? I know she had Derek, a popular pro, but still. I wonder if Bobby Bones was on the radio during Kelly's time on the show and if he supported her.

• Love 5

For the record, love her or hate her, but Jenna was a much hotter Harley Quinn than Ally.  Of course that was before her anorexia fully manifested.

On another topic, I would love to hear Lindsay's mic feed during that team dance, so I can laugh as hard as Bruno and CA about her screaming directions to Sean throughout.  There have been times in the past when replaying performance segments from the previous week that they would allow us to hear the performers' microphones but I don't remember them doing that recently.  Please, please, just this once, release the youtube video with Lindsay's feed.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, sd dude said:

There have been times in the past when replaying performance segments from the previous week that they would allow us to hear the performers' microphones but I don't remember them doing that recently.  

They haven't done that in a long time. I miss it. 

• Love 4

Hannah is so close to a breakdown.  They need to give her positive feedback and score her the way they score James and Kate.  Len was right on her score and I loved his flummoxed look at the others scores.  A, “you’re dancing skills are fantastic, I’d just like to see your face emote more,” would have been so much better than what Carrie Ann said.  Hannah is just gonna shut down if it keeps up.

im with above poster, just going on this show, I like Sean.  He’s funny, self-deprecating, and not insulting to anyone.

• Love 1

This show jumped the shark about 3  seasons ago, it was getting desperate to find any (stars) to come on and what were they thinking bringing on people who were 70 or so, no way they were going to compete against 20-30  year olds.  I'm sure viewership has dropped considerably over the past 5 years. Choosing Spicer to come on this season is biting them in the rear.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I noticed Keramo's dad was absent from the audience. I guess his 15 minutes of riding his son's fame and tv time is over.

I don't know anything about the situation with Karamo and his dad, but his dad isn't from LA I don't think, so I wouldn't expect him to still be there. I assume he went home.

• Love 2

Now that I've had all your recommendations, I've ffed through the show.  I loved the potential of Kate and Pasha's rumba (interesting that Disney allowed the darker subtext (Bruno Bettelheim) through - they usually like to sugar up fairytales -- maybe they don't know it or they think nobody else does? I guess they don't have a famous "Little Red Riding Hood franchise to protect) - great song for it and their costumes were pretty lovely.  Such a shame (and understandable) that Kate wasn't more confident with it - I'd really like to see it danced by someone who was sure of themselves and could do the feeling of abandon that it required.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Riplet68 said:

Hannah is so close to a breakdown.  They need to give her positive feedback and score her the way they score James and Kate.  Len was right on her score and I loved his flummoxed look at the others scores.  A, “you’re dancing skills are fantastic, I’d just like to see your face emote more,” would have been so much better than what Carrie Ann said.  Hannah is just gonna shut down if it keeps up.

She really is.  Hannah released a long thing on instagram and I'm not sure if there is another blog somewhere but she seems really down and demoralized and is aware that she has become so self conscious in her dancing because she's now so focused on the critique afterwards.  She's also basically said she's not having much fun anymore and she's trying not to be self conscious but of course the more you try not to do something, the more you are.  So I think her anxiety is kind of through the roof.

I don't think Carrie Ann was entirely wrong in that I do think Hannah does come off pageanty and disconnected in her dances. I just don't think CA has to try and start pschyoanalyzing her.

However I bet money they will pretend next week she has a big breakthrough whether she does or not.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, edie3 said:

They are jumping the shark with Spicer.  Not sure how much longer I can watch this.  It is worse than Bobby Bones.

I disagree. This show jumped the shark a long time ago. At the very least, it jumped the shark with Bobby Bones. At least Spicer is a Navy veteran and seems like a nice guy. He had one job that some people don’t agree with. Bobby Bones is just a DJ. I’d never even heard of him and I think he airs in my market. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

First of all, politics aside, people need to quit voting for Sean because he is the worst dancer left on the show, and I don't want another Bobby Bones season.

Karamo was irritating with the Beyonce thing.

Hannah, Ally, and Lauren just leave me feeling "meh".

I want to like Kate, but her mannerisms/facial expressions are becoming annoying. Also, there being absolutely no connection between Little Red Riding Hood and Wicked Game kind of took me out of the dance, plus the dance itself seemed a little...careful. 

That being said, Pasha is a great addition as a pro.

James for the win!

I noticed that they didn't have each couple do a solo moment during the team routines as they have in the past, and I kind of missed that.

I did like the nod to Beetlejuice during the first team's routine.

• Love 1

As far as the judging is concerned, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask a stupid question:

Why does the public need to vote at all? IOW, why can't the show just rely on judge's scores?

It can't be because they think they'll lose an audience, because we have several competition shows that do NOT require public voting. One that immediately comes to mind is Survivor. This show has been on the air for almost 20 years without ANY public voting, and yet it's still a favorite of many. Another new favorite is the Masked Singer. No public voting, and yet it's still popular, drawing a very large audience including children.

So, ABC...do us all a favor and DROP the stupid voting. As it is, the west coast can't participate, so why even bother? Give me one good reason. And when you do, remember Survivor and the Masked Singer (among several others) and make it a damn good reason!!😡

• Love 9

James has had great fluidity from the beginning, so I was expecting him to do well with the V Waltz. I also like that he actually leads Emma in the dances and he's one of the rare male celebs that knows what to do with his hands.

"Survivor" is a great song to do a paso doble to. I agree with Len that Karamo needed to make his shaping more exaggerated and to dance bigger, but I really liked the attitude and character Karamo brought ti the dance. I also liked Jenna's choreography.

Kate surprised me again. I thought she did a lovely rumba; after her Week 1 cha cha, I was not expecting her to have the hip and leg action that she did. I also thought her fluidity was improved from her V Waltz last week. I think she could of have had at least one '9.'

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

Mark Ballas used to get on my nerves, but he was good at Halloween, as was Derek. Those group dances were horrible. I wasn't even sure who I was watching half the time. 

12 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I loved Mark, I had such fun watching him, nobody now, really interests me. I liked Alan, but he's done  nothing  special. 

Mark had amazing Halloween makeup and costumes and I always loved how into character he got...Zombie Paso, Edward Scissorhands, Dia de los Muertos.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

As far as the judging is concerned, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask a stupid question:

Why does the public need to vote at all? IOW, why can't the show just rely on judge's scores?

Exactly!  That is how real dance competitions are done.

• Love 2

Also, there being absolutely no connection between Little Red Riding Hood and Wicked Game kind of took me out of the dance, 

Is there seduction in "Wicked Game"?  Is there (slightly metaphorical) seduction/rape by a stranger in Little Red Riding Hood?  Yes.  Doesn't seem that far off to me - I've seen far worse disconnects. (Snakes dancing the Time Warp, anyone?)

Edited by crowceilidh
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Runningwild said:

At least Spicer is a Navy veteran and seems like a nice guy. He had one job that some people don’t agree with. Bobby Bones is just a DJ. I’d never even heard of him and I think he airs in my market. 

It goes way beyond he has a job some people don't agree with.  That is 100% downplaying who Spicer is and the things he has done in his life.  He's not just an actor that we don't enjoy.

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Exactly!  That is how real dance competitions are done.

Because then the public will have no investment whatsoever and the show will also be over.

Edited by spanana
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

It can't be because they think they'll lose an audience, because we have several competition shows that do NOT require public voting. One that immediately comes to mind is Survivor. This show has been on the air for almost 20 years without ANY public voting, and yet it's still a favorite of many. Another new favorite is the Masked Singer. No public voting, and yet it's still popular, drawing a very large audience including children.

Survivor is a very different type of reality competition and it's one watched for the backstabbing and game play whereas DWTS is supposed to be a feel good show.  Not all competitive reality shows appeal to the same audiences.  To me that is like comparing Big Brother to DWTS.

As for the Masked Singer, I'll care about that structure when it lasts more than a couple of seasons.  To me that is an example of a reality show that will be a flash in the pan that probably won't be on more than 5 seasons or so.  It has a very limited shelf life.

• Love 4

When Bobby Bones won, I know that I and other people have suggested that judges' scores count as 75% while voting counts for 25%.   That would have been better than eliminating half of the country from voting.  Judges picking from the bottom two also doesn't help if the worst dancer never lands at the bottom.

Another suggestion is the judges' scores determine the bottom three couples.  Then people just vote from those three couples.  It might help because other people's votes are not spread out.  If their favorite is already safe, they could choose to save somebody else. 

• Love 12

Why are they picking on Hannah anyway? For once, they have someone from the Bachelor franchise who can dance. You would think they would be pimping her, but she seems to have pissed someone off. You could sort of tell she's starting to give up.

And I'd take her phony smile over Spicer's phony smile any day. At least she can dance!

• Love 7