Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E07: Halloween Night

• Start Topic

Sean being declared safe really brought out the boos in the audience then you switch to the judges who all had "what the FUCK is going on with the voting?!"  Len really looked like he was going to punch someone. 

Kamaro was going to get the boot, but if Sean is still next week, that grassy knoll is going to get crowded. 

• Love 15
Just now, mtlchick said:

Sean being declared safe really brought out the boos in the audience then you switch to the judges who all had "what the FUCK is going on with the voting?!"  Len really looked like he was going to punch someone. 

Kamaro was going to get the boot, but if Sean is still next week, that grassy knoll is going to get crowded. 

Sean really should have been eliminated tonight.

• Love 12

*Bangs head on desk* 

Seriously? Seriously? 

*Deep breath* Okay. Going to channel my focus to more positive things now...tonight was a really strong night overall for most of the contestants. I totally missed the little slip-up they were talking about with James, I was too wrapped up in the dance as a whole. Damn, that was so good. It felt like something out of a movie. I loved Lauren's dance as well-that little thing with her "pulling" Gleb back as she did was a really fun touch (though seriously, hon, please get those ribs checked out). 

It's even more of a shame that Karamo went tonight, 'cause I thought his dance was cool, too. As was Kel's. And Team Trick were definitely the stronger of the two groups-their dance felt very "X-Files"-y and I liked that :D. 

Also, LMAO at Tom saying he was dressed up as a grey-haired Ryan Seacrest 😛. And fully agreed with the kudos for the makeup and costume departments this week, they were really on point. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 9

I loved James's dance (I also missed whatever slip they were talking about).

Kate looked great in that red dress.

Sorry to see Karamo go; he's not the best dancer but he's fun. And I liked his pajamas.

I feel like they announced Sean safe last just to get our hopes up and then dash them among the graves that he and his dance rose out of. 

• Love 9

I really cringed through most of tonight's show and I couldn't bring myself to watch the last team dance or the elimination live because in part thanks to Spicer, I  knew the B2 would be some combo of Kate, Kel and Karamo and I expected Kate to be there also because she danced so late in the show.

I will say though this is where Pasha is a smart, smart pro. Len loving Pasha and his choreo so much is in part what saved Kate even though I would have kept her over Karamo any day.  Though Karamo should be there over Sean.

I also don't get the judges scoring tonight at all.  I love Kel, but his dance was not good and the judges solely praised it and gave it high scores.  Lauren full out almost fell in her dance and still got all 9's.  Yet while I understand their criticism of Hannah, Hanna had no actual mistakes and got a lower score and they were more nitpicky with Kate tonight too.  Though they might have been trying to boost Kel to keep him out of the B2.

As for the team dances, I don't know how much I can criticize the choreography fo the last one, though the choreo was bad, because they had to dumb it down for Sean.  I also felt bad for Kate having to be the only woman celeb up against Lindsay, Wit and Jenna.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I was just glad Kate was saved. I love her!

I was sitting here thinking, "If Kate goes tonight I'm gonna be a bit scared to go in this discussion thread..." :p. She's so popular here , rightly so, so I was bracing for a potential riot. 

• Love 4

Who the fork is voting for him? I hope the producers are happy because it doesnt look like the judges,audience or host aren't. It's always annoying when better dancers go home before weaker ones but its part of the show and sometimes the weaker dancers have charisma and are likable and you see how people want to vote for them.  But hes not weaker he is significantly worse than every other dancer and has not charisma and completely unlikable. 

• Love 12

No way country singer chick danced better than Hannah.  She was stiff (which I now know is because of ribs), off beat and scared looking.  Besides, once again the dance was all about Gleb (the pull back part).

james, Kel and Hannah are far and away the best dancers, with Harley Quinn chick close.  Kate is starting to falter.

i really enjoyed team tricks dance. The masks were great, and James could hold his own with pros.

the judges tried their hardest to get Sean out of there.

• Love 6

Why are they being mean to a Hannah?  She’s a middle of the pack dancer, not the worst.  I’m so glad she reminded them she’s not a performer, a year ago she was dating a guy who was dating 20 other women, now she’s on minute 14 of her fame, give her a break.

Sean will make it to the finals, they will have to change how the winner is chosen so he can’t win.

The camera must’ve cut away during James’ mess up because there was no replay to show the viewers at home.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, nickp1991 said:

How do people keep voting for people who don’t belong You killed it Karamo!!! 

Who doesn't belong besides Sean? He's the problem. Everyone else is fine.

I also just have to repeat, while I have liked Kel the last few weeks I thought his dance was pretty bad tonight.  I was so confused by the praise.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 6

Wow. So, Karamo leaves instead of Sean. I'm glad it wasn't Kate, at least.

Sean did not do well this week, at all. He really should have been the one to go, but at least the next worst person left, so...there's that. However, I do give props to Karamo's dance this week. It was his strongest and it was probably one of the better ones in terms of showing off him less than Jenna. 

Some really good dances this time around, but maybe a few too many high scores? I'd need to rewatch.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, nickp1991 said:

How do people keep voting for people who don’t belong You killed it Karamo!!! 

I don’t know, why did Bobby Bones win last year? I know the judge’s save is to prevent another Bobby Bones-type win, but that was the only thing they fixed. It does not ensure the worst dancer goes home every week. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

I liked, 'Halloween is a time for the supernatural and that was neither super nor natural." 

That was great, too. I gave CA an extra point for enthusiasm. (Okay, and I forgot, even though I laughed out loud at it...I commented on CA's comment to someone in messenger so I had it on my screen.)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

Who the fork is voting for him? I hope the producers are happy because it doesnt look like the judges,audience or host aren't. It's always annoying when better dancers go home before weaker ones but its part of the show and sometimes the weaker dancers have charisma and are likable and you see how people want to vote for them.  But hes not weaker he is significantly worse than every other dancer and has not charisma and completely unlikable. 

It’s all political, the President is actually tweeting for people for vote for the good Christian.

I know a lot of good Christians that would be upset that he was using a oujia board in that haunted house bit.

• Love 9

If you want to know who's voting for Sean, just look at all the "I'm going to keep voting for Sean because it's pissing them off!" tweets floating around on Twitter.

You can say it's a fun dance competition that doesn't involve politics, but when you bring in a person tied to politics, especially one so controversial, it becomes an issue that affects the show. This is Bristol Palin all over again. The problem this time is that the show did NOT need this after last season's fiasco, especially after they promised all these changes to prevent it from happening again. I would not be surprised at all if the show can't recover from this and this is the last season. And if that happens, they have the casting department and this new showrunner to thank for that.

That being said, I also did not see the slip up in James' dance. But he seemed to acknowledge it so I guess it did happen.

Bruno and Len made the right choice. I'm not sure what Carrie Ann was thinking, other than she didn't want to hurt Karamo's feelings by making it unanimous.

I missed all the pranks this year. The ones they showed before commercial breaks were lame. I always enjoy the live on-the-air ones.

I also missed the type of team dances where each couple had a solo. Too much production in these team dances now, rather than the three couples dancing of the old days.

Didn't care for the opening number at all. Just seemed to be a bunch of people rolling around on the floor in Halloween costumes. Couldn't even tell who was who.

I'm really discouraged at what this season is turning out to be.

• Love 13

At least the judges told Sean he wasn't a good dancer and I did love CA saying that he almost kept up! I liked they pointed out that he went backwards with his dancing not getting better!

The one thing I will say about the team dances is that I miss Derek! His team dances were exciting and fun. I liked the winning team tonight but I did think it was a bit dark....if they were going to have a "dark" dance it should have been the losing team so they could have hidden Sean more. I wonder if he truly understands why he is staying on the show and not hitting the bottom 2?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Toonces464 said:

If you want to know who's voting for Sean, just look at all the "I'm going to keep voting for Sean because it's pissing them off!" tweets floating around on Twitter.

Some people really need to find better things to do with their time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Also, LMAO at Tom saying he was dressed up as a grey-haired Ryan Seacrest 😛. And fully agreed with the kudos for the makeup and costume departments this week, they were really on point. 

Tom was funny! And praise for the makeup and costume departments cannot be said enough!!!!😏

Edited by suebee12
Good grammer should be used!!
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I missed all the pranks this year. The ones they showed before commercial breaks were lame. I always enjoy the live on-the-air ones.

That is what I look forward to the most each Halloween show; Sasha's pranks 😞

• Love 7

Karamo was just hitting his peak at a dancer and I think he could have really kept improving from this. Im tired of them keeping people who stomp instead of dance in these competitions. Spicer should have never been casted. R the producers trying to lose their show or something?

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

Who's voting for him? Nutty people with a vendetta against mean ol' Tom saying at the beginning of the season that he wished politics wouldn't be a part of the show. What a horrible thing to say (please note my sarcasm). That, and they associate Spicer with their lord and saviour Trump. Stick it to all the liberals, in other words.

• Love 10

When they called Sean's name, my rage-scream was so loud and sustained that Mr. Lily, who was watching TV upstairs, ran down in a fright because he thought something actually happened to me. 😂

I didn't see the slip-up they pointed out in James's dance either but I don't know that I would've cared because the rest of it was amazing. I did see Lauren's slip but I was impressed at how well she managed to recover from it. I don't understand why they gave Kel such high marks; his dance was nowhere near all 9s. I hate the rumba but I thought Kate did a lovely job and I am again so dazzled by Pasha and his choreography. I'm sad that Karamo left tonight because I really think he's starting to hit his stride but I'm glad that Kate was saved. I don't really understand why they were so harsh with Hannah, especially considering she did a jazz number. They're usually so generous with jazz and contemporary, and I don't think that she did so much worse than anyone else. Ally was. . . there, I guess. Something about her doesn't really resonate with me but I'd still rather she be there than Sean. Casting really fucked up by putting him on this season.

Count me in with all the others praising hair, makeup, and costuming. Everyone looked amazing tonight!

• Love 7

Did I hear Lauren say she fractured a rib the first week? I'm surprised that hasn't come up until now because it would totally affect her all her dances up until this point. Maybe she didn't want to start out by making excuses, but a fractured rib makes just walking around extremely painful. I can't imagine dancing with one all those weeks!

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, nickp1991 said:

I hope the DWTS producers not invite people like Sean Spicer again

After last year's fiasco, you think they would've learned. They're really to blame for Spicer getting this far. Did they really think Trump fans wouldn't vote for his former spokesman?

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

You can say it's a fun dance competition that doesn't involve politics, but when you bring in a person tied to politics, especially one so controversial, it becomes an issue that affects the show. This is Bristol Palin all over again. The problem this time is that the show did NOT need this after last season's fiasco, especially after they promised all these changes to prevent it from happening again. I would not be surprised at all if the show can't recover from this and this is the last season. And if that happens, they have the casting department and this new showrunner to thank for that.

All of this.  And that is exactly why Tom expressed his disappointment at the casting and I was 100% with him. He made it clear that it wasn't a Democrat vs Republican thing for him but simply that the show was meant to be this fun, light hearted, feel good show. And the bottom line was casting someone SO divisive was guaranteed to take some of the light-hearted feel good element away.

And yup, the more people boo and are outraged, the more some will vote for him. Just like they did last season for Joe and Bobby. Joe at least eventually left but well we all know what happened with Bobby. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Karamo was just hitting his peak at a dancer and I think he could have really kept improving from this. Im tired of them keeping people who stomp instead of dance in these competitions. Spicer should have never been casted. R the producers trying to lose their show or something?

I get it but the issue here is with the producers who never should have cast Spicer.  The judges have their own issues, but they were only presented with the option of Karamo versus Kate and while I adore Kate/Pasha, you could make an argument for both.  Ultimately for me I'm happy with the decision based on the choice they had to make.  Though Kate is going to start to get blowback and I see it already starting with people tweeting her and saying Spicer is better than her which no, not that I think she would care.  She can handle idiots.

What I am waiting for is to see what sort of dumb comments Val has because just last week he was talking about Karamo as the frontrunner and how he might win.  Which I get he needs to support his wife but I fully expect some sort of weird backhanded criticism aimed at Kate/Pasha and the judges wrong decision.

• Love 2

Geez Lousie!! Sigh....Sean Spicer was just HORRID!! I agree that he regressed. I agree with above posters that this show has always been somewhat a crap shoot on who stays and who doesnt in regards to the voting...BUT...if Sean outlasts James, Kate and Kel...Im OUT!!! they are my 3 favorites. And yes, the makeup was outstanding!!!!!!!

• Love 9

My thing with Kate she needs to work on her face when dancing, she doesnt give good face when she dance.

Also I didnt like Erins comment to Kate when she asked her "Did she ever think she would be dancing with hot guy like Pasha"? To me it came off kind of insulting like she was some ugly duckling that finally got to dance with a swan.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, spanana said:

What I am waiting for is to see what sort of dumb comments Val has because just last week he was talking about Karamo as the frontrunner and how he might win.  Which I get he needs to support his wife but I fully expect some sort of weird backhanded criticism aimed at Kate/Pasha and the judges wrong decision.

Val can just take several seats because he has no reason to get mad at the judges nor kate/pasha. He needs to be mad at the damn producers casted Spicer on the show and  beating out better dancers, that is the only thing he needs to be mad about and also the fact that maybe his precious wife isnt the best teacher because I do believe karamo had great potential but JJ waited too late to kick gear where it needed to be.

• Love 6

Other than the producers being idiots and the always-ridiculous voting system, this program has NEVER really defined itself outside of the first season. Back then, it truly was "Which celeb with no dance experience has progressed the most as a dancer?" Within a few seasons, they started adding ringers, changing the original theme of the show.  They also added pros like Derek who would mostly get the pretty young starlets while the other male pros got Cloris Leachman or some older lady who just couldn't dance. DWTS hasn't defined itself in nearly, what--15 years now?

Which is it, showrunners? The best ringer or the best up-and-coming dancer? The most popular celeb or the most popular pro? 

I predict this is the very last season.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

And Carrie Ann was the only one who voted for Karamo.

I pro. would have voted for Karamo too only because I think he was finally coming into his own whereas kate to me has been slowly falling behind, I didnt really care for her rumba nor her dance last week, too stiff and I love her but I would have to base it on where the two r at now and karamo wins it for me but again neither one deserved to go home of pillsbury doeboy.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

My thing with Kate she needs to work on her face when dancing, she doesnt give good face when she dance.

Also I didnt like Erins comment to Kate when she asked her "Did she ever think she would be dancing with hot guy like Pasha"? To me it came off kind of insulting like she was some ugly duckling that finally got to dance with a swan.

You're not wrong.  The thing about Kate is I love to watch what her legs are doing when she dances.  I know that sounds creepy, but I think she uses her legs really well and really precisely and moves really gracefully in her lower half.  It's her upper body where she needs to work on fluidity and carrying that through her arms, and that extends to her face.  I definitely think she suffers a little bit in the dances that aren't a natural fit with her more comedic personality.

Also while it's not an excuse, I think she and Pasha went into tonight's dance worried not because of the dance itself, but based on their tweets and insta posts during the show, they were both worried knowing they were last and fans would have less time to vote for them (if waiting to see them dance).

• Love 9

It was speculated that Hannah is getting a lot of votes, and that's why the judges are tougher. I don't know. She does have that pageant face like she's got Vaseline on her teeth. lol 

I didn't need to see Sean Spicer crawling on the floor like a bad Johnny Castle. Somebody put him a corner please. 

• Love 8