Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E04: It's Raining Men

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

Am I the only one who hopes both Amelia and Bailey's babies are born healthy?  I realize that isn't true Grey's format but one can hope!  

I'm rooting for this too. My big fear is that they will instead make Bailey have an amnio, discover something is wrong with the baby and have her need to decide if she will keep the baby or have an abortion.  Let's face it, Shonda isn't afraid to kill a baby (See April and Jackson's first and Amelia's baby) for a story line. She also loves to be topical. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:
4 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I still haven't really seen.. Or better yet remember him being needlessly cocky.. Isn't he a bit further along than some of the other interns.. Plus his dad and sister are doctors so he may have a bit more of a headstart.. Also he's been shown to be more than competent as one.. If there is any arrogance from him I don't see it having to do with Meredith... Right now I'd say he's a bit paranoid because he thinks he's being punished for her crime and article

Deluca IS arrogant now and I don't like it. I like humble Deluca.

Yeah, I haven't seen any evidence at all of this sudden shift from humility to arrogance.  He's been pissy with Bailey this season, but that's because she's taking out her anger at Our Lady of the Sun on him.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

Yeah, I haven't seen any evidence at all of this sudden shift from humility to arrogance.  He's been pissy with Bailey this season, but that's because she's taking out her anger at Our Lady of the Sun on him.

I'm talking about last season as well. Particularly, his attitude when pursuing Meredith. I just remember back to that weird time jump episode over Christmas, with the patient in the coma, when he was pursuing Meredith. And that weird elevator scene last season when Meredith suddenly could speak Italian. Thinking about that Deluca and comparing him to previous seasons Deluca, he just isn't exactly the same person.

This season, he's a bit better. I still don't love him, but I'm also hoping that he gets more of a plot outside of Meredith. I think being forced into a romantic arc with Meredith has ruined his character. Hence, why I actually really appreciated him standing up to Meredith. He's the only one now, besides Bailey, to actually do so. I know he has reasons for the fact that he's dating her and doesn't want her going to jail, but everyone else is bowing down at Meredith's feet....so anyone standing up to Meredith this season automatically gains points in my eyes.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

.I believe that this episode was the beginning of the end for Meredith and Deluca.  I also hope it was the beginning of Meredith getting off her high horse and start using her intellect and position as a force for good instead of self-destruction.  And quite honestly I think sentencing her to community service on a trash pickup gang is a stupid move - she's a highly qualified doctor - she should be working in a free clinic or women's resource center or crisis pregnancy center.  Having her pick up trash on the side of the road is a waste and the writers made themselves look stupid.

Am I the only one who hopes both Amelia and Bailey's babies are born healthy?  I realize that isn't true Grey's format but one can hope!  

Mere picking up trash as community service is one thing that bugs me about this story line. it seems so ... over the top ie doesn't make sense. But then I just shrug because if one thinks too hard about most of the stuff on this show -- one would be unable to watch. 

Am I the only one who doesn't give two shits whether Amelia or Bailey's babies are born at all much less healthy? Yeah Probably.

• Love 5

I'm deeply confused about one thing  Jakcson's girlfriend is a firefighter but she keeps showing up at the hospital? And with patients I guess. Shouldn't she take care of fires etc? I mean we don't see Bailey's husband as much as her. In my country firefighters has strictly specified roles which is taking care of fires, accidents (e.g. when they have to cut corbody), fallen trees and stuff like thut not taking care of 'hurt' people. For people there are paramedics. Sure there're times when firefighters  have to take care of people who are bleeding, women in labor etc (and they are trained to do that) but it's more a coincidence not because they were specifically called to take care of that. At first I saw this concept on 9-1-1 but and now here. I don't get it. Is it different in US or am I missing something? I will be very gratefull for clarification 🙂

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Oh for the love of Criminy. Is there a doctor on this show who hasn't had an unplanned pregnancy? Any? All these medical geniuses, tops in their respective fields, and none of them seem to know how to use birth control. It's absurd.

Oh, and considering the circumstances? Tacky episode title. Tacky.

• Love 14

There isn't a formula for when a woman becomes unable to get pregnant - every woman is different.  I think the time when a woman is heading into menopause she becomes more susceptible to unplanned pregnancies (it happened to me although I was younger than Bailey) - your hormones go out of whack, your body starts doing strange things, your cycle has a mind of its own - things happen!

And I just have to say, there is a sick, twisted part of me that loves the title of this episode.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Bailey pregnant? Lol what a joke. This show doesn’t seem to understand that older women don’t just get prego so easily. Bailey is like 50 isn’t she?

I think Bailey is actually only a couple of years older than Meredith, so she'll be more like 43-45. 

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Is there a doctor on this show who hasn't had an unplanned pregnancy? Any?

Bailey's first pregnancy, actually! And Meredith/Derek's third child. But yeah, other than those two, no, they've all been unplanned/accidental.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, DEL901 said:

The quick way Meridith turned on DeLuca made me wonder if she wasn’t looking for an excuse to break up.    Couple don’t agree 100% and he spoke from  a place of concern for her.  Does she expect him to have no opinions of his own?  And what happened impacted both him and his friends professionally but he was concerned on how she was hurting herself.  She acted like a spoiled teenager who knows she is wrong but won’t admit it.  

Yes, I was with him on that. I know the feeling of wanting to do something right away, but she's doing what she needs to do, in order to stay with her children (and out of jail). I don't see why she couldn't wait until her community service was over with for the day. 

6 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Well there is a bit of difference between trying to squeeze out some early morning delight.. And pointing out that walking off your court appointed community service  to sorta apologize  ( even if saying sorry won't account for much) 

I don't know about that. I missed that part. I'd say ditching the beginning of her service, to have sex, would be just as bad. 

5 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I know Bailey is mad because she feels like Meredith totally disrespected her and the hospital (and she did), but I will be glad when they move past this and put her back into some semblance of herself (although to be honest when I was peri-menopausal I was a BEAST! - there are probably still some store clerks that I really should go and apologize to).

I hope they are both healthy, too, but this is a TV show, and also Grey's, where they go overboard. It would be a "shocking twist" if they let them both be okay.

Thought this was one of the better episodes in a while. The characters had real conflicts, the dialogue was more honest than usual, and there was movement in several personal arcs. 

The series remains a collection of characters of differing depths and the chosen stories are never consistently well-rendered, but entries like this show why the series is long-running. 

Edited by MaryRhodaPhyllis
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Ohwell said:

The problem I had with Koracik was that it was clear that the father was distressed and uncomfortable in front of the camera, but Koracik didn't seem to care.  Jackson noticed it and he did care, which is why he did what he did.   And regarding this particular case, if Schmitt didn't like what Jackson did, he could follow Quadri out the door. 

I agree. Remember how kind Koracik was with the musical theater girl for several episodes? And when he realized they couldn’t save her in time, he said he was going to take a leave of absence so that he could take her to New York and see every musical on Broadway before she died. That’s not the Koracik we’re seeing this season. 

As for Scmitt trying to guilt trip Jackson, the argument that letting someone film this AMAZING surgery could help other doctors in the future just made me roll my eyes because it seems someone at Grey Sloan does a groundbreaking never before seem surgery about every other week so by Scmitt’s logic, the hospital should just set up a permanent livestream in every OR. 

8 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, and what really pissed me off is that Bailey's husband Ben actually laughed about it.  Asshole.

6 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I think firefighters have to have a slightly twisted sense of humor to deal with the horrible things they see in their work life.  Kind of a "gallows humor" situation (I personally end up cracking inappropriate jokes at funeral - it is how I cope with situations where the emotions can get out of hand really quickly).

And to be fair, think back to tje earlier seasons when MAGIC were practically cackling with glee every time they heard there was a huge accident/catastrophe because they were hoping to get good surgeries. Meredith and Cristina used to rush to the ambulance bay hoping people were mangled. 

4 hours ago, taanja said:

Mere picking up trash as community service is one thing that bugs me about this story line. it seems so ... over the top ie doesn't make sense. But then I just shrug because if one thinks too hard about most of the stuff on this show -- one would be unable to watch. 

I don’t understand why Meredith picking up trash is coming off as over the top or unbelievable. A lot of judges assign community service to people who have committed a wide range of crimes. They can assign you as little as a few hours or they can assign you hundreds of hours. People with regular 9-5 jobs end up having to do their trash duty on the weekends (so it can take several months to finish) but since Meredith isn’t working, she can do it now during the week. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And to be fair, think back to tje earlier seasons when MAGIC were practically cackling with glee every time they heard there was a huge accident/catastrophe because they were hoping to get good surgeries. Meredith and Cristina used to rush to the ambulance bay hoping people were mangled. 

Oh, I thought they were assholes as well.  I just focused on Ben on this particular episode.

42 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I agree. Remember how kind Koracik was with the musical theater girl for several episodes? And when he realized they couldn’t save her in time, he said he was going to take a leave of absence so that he could take her to New York and see every musical on Broadway before she died. That’s not the Koracik we’re seeing this season. 

He had some moments.. But most of them were with women he was trying to or currently sleeping with.. He was a overbearing dick last season to almost if not all the male characters... So add his dickiness... Plus heartbreak... A new position of power and no female to force him to be decent and you get this koracik... I'm angrier at teddy for just letting him continue to speak to Owen that way.. And then still flirting with her in front of Owen after she's made her decision.... If I let  girl down and move on with another.. And down the road the 1st one comes back and is constantly crabby with the new lady and still hollering at me... And I don't say nothing.. My girl would have my head

• Love 2

I don't know why they made Bailey pregnant; I guess they can't think of anything else to do with her. They've already done all the administrative stories, and the marriage problems in both her marriages, and troubles with her kid last season. Hey, let's give her another pregnancy!

When I heard that the previous chief resident was Kang, for a minute I wondered if he was Klingon. But a Klingon wouldn't have quit.

I like DeLuca. He's respectful and competent. He's been teaching the younger residents for several episode so I think he deserves to be Chief Resident.  Also, he's the only fifth year left, I think.

The problem with giving Meredith a love interest, any love interest, is that she is The Sun.  None shall be greater than her, at least not post-Derek in season 16.  DeLuca isn't an alpha male like Derek was, or that Koracik is. But Meredith is alpha enough for both people in the relationship.

10 hours ago, Pallas said:

Meredith would seem to have the better case: she holds the copyright to her letter. 

That's an interesting legal question. I'm not a lawyer but as I understand it, if you write a letter to the editor, it's their property to publish as the little disclaimer in many publications says.  But she did not agree to her letter being published so she should have a very good legal case to see the site.

I get that Meredith was upset that Bailey was angry at her but I think it was an entitled move to run out on her community service. She's got punished because she broke the rules, so now she's breaking more rules. Immature and idiotic.

2 hours ago, RoxiP said:

There isn't a formula for when a woman becomes unable to get pregnant - every woman is different.  I think the time when a woman is heading into menopause she becomes more susceptible to unplanned pregnancies (it happened to me although I was younger than Bailey) - your hormones go out of whack, your body starts doing strange things, your cycle has a mind of its own - things happen!

That's true but not many people know it. As menopause approaches, the body can shoot out more eggs. My daughter calls it a "going out of business sale".

Doctors should talk about it more and warn women.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don’t understand why Meredith picking up trash is coming off as over the top or unbelievable. A lot of judges assign community service to people who have committed a wide range of crimes. They can assign you as little as a few hours or they can assign you hundreds of hours. People with regular 9-5 jobs end up having to do their trash duty on the weekends (so it can take several months to finish) but since Meredith isn’t working, she can do it now during the week. 

But I don't think they regularly assign you to trash duty specifically.  There is a whole list of things that are possible and somebody with Meredith's means and availability likely had much cushier options available to get her hours in.  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

That's true but not many people know it. As menopause approaches, the body can shoot out more eggs. My daughter calls it a "going out of business sale".

Doctors should talk about it more and warn women.

This!  I know so many women with an ooopse in their early 40s.   That is, in fact, how I got here.

• Love 3
On 10/17/2019 at 10:38 PM, izabella said:

WTF is wrong with Meredith?  Maybe she should move to be with Christina and free us of her self-important dumbassery.  And take DeLuca with her!

That may get kind of awkward. Isn't DeLuca's ex in Switzerland working with Christina?

23 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Do the writers not realize how utterly insufferable they make Maggie or do they think it's a charming character trait? Whichever it is, at the very end when Maggie was talking to Miranda about the pregnancy and flat out asked if this was going to be a secret, I almost threw my remote at the TV.

I actually laughed when Maggie said that. Yes, it is unprofessional, but she has had like three storylines now where she had to keep a pregnancy secret and it is kind of ridiculous.

8 hours ago, lorbeer said:

I'm deeply confused about one thing  Jakcson's girlfriend is a firefighter but she keeps showing up at the hospital? And with patients I guess. Shouldn't she take care of fires etc? I mean we don't see Bailey's husband as much as her.

On Station 19 they do lots of stuff other than fires. We've seen them go to scenes of car accident and things like that. So it makes some sense. We don't see Ben there all the time because it is hard to coordinate shooting schedules and they probably have to pay him extra when he appears on both shows. They can't do that all the time, they only do it when there is a story need to show him.

But they wanted to hook up Jackson with someone, and they must like the actress and decided to use Vic instead of a random new person.  So they keep finding reasons to show her. 

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That's an interesting legal question. I'm not a lawyer but as I understand it, if you write a letter to the editor, it's their property to publish as the little disclaimer in many publications says.  But she did not agree to her letter being published so she should have a very good legal case to see the site.

She didn't write a letter to the editor, like you sometimes see published in newspapers. She wrote them a pitch for a story that she wanted to write. It seems like bad form for them to publish the pitch, but probably not illegal. I think a bigger issue would be that she probably expected to be paid for the full article and they just took her pitch and profited off it without paying her? I know she doesn't need the money, but still.

However, I want to know what kind of publication this was and what did she think was going to happen even when she wrote the full thing with "context." Those pitches were all pretty negative things.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

On Station 19 they do lots of stuff other than fires. We've seen them go to scenes of car accident and things like that. So it makes some sense. We don't see Ben there all the time because it is hard to coordinate shooting schedules and they probably have to pay him extra when he appears on both shows. They can't do that all the time, they only do it when there is a story need to show him.

But they wanted to hook up Jackson with someone, and they must like the actress and decided to use Vic instead of a random new person.  So they keep finding reasons to show her.

I get that this is what they do on the show. It's similar in 9-1-1 show. But like we know reality is often different than tv shows. So my question is do firefighters in US also do that or is it farfetched?

Grey’s Anatomy should rename the show “Guess Who’s Pregnant This Week?!” Pregnancy seems to be the constant plot line, & I’m getting tired of it. Now, Bailey? I have gotten to dislike her character immensely. The harshness with which she treats people who are supposed to be her friends is awful. She is rude, cruel & hurtful. Now, this miracle pregnancy will give her behavior a perfect excuse, & she’ll be more insufferable than ever. I hope she has to go on bed rest for the duration so she’s on screen as little as possible. She can concentrate on making Ben miserable rather than the hospital staff & viewers!

• Love 6
16 hours ago, statsgirl said:

When I heard that the previous chief resident was Kang, for a minute I wondered if he was Klingon. But a Klingon wouldn't have quit.

Ha! Nor have been so inconspicuous on rounds...

Now I'm going to imagine all the things that Klingons wouldn't do on Grey's Anatomy. (Anesthesia: "Not in my OR!")  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Oh God, not the old tired ass "A woman thinks she's menopausal, but she's actually pregnant" trope. Please kill it with fire.

Remember when Meredith seemed destined to spend the rest of her life in her mother's shadow, always struggling to live up to her reputation? I disliked her back then too, but now I realize that version was about a million times better and more realistic than this superstar/celebrity/saviour/saint thing they have going on with her. She's completely insufferable and she's dragged the only non-annoying male character left down with her. Sad.

I naively hoped the original no-nonsense Bailey was back when she fired Qadri. Obviously, that's been thrown out of the window now that she's pregnant. I can only imagine how unbearable she's about to become. 

Also, something I really don't get. So, like half of the attendings got fired or quit and... Bailey is not planning on replacing them with anyone? Huh? I thought this was supposed to be a teaching hospital. So, who's going to teach? Now that's something Qadri should have been complaining about last week and it would have been a perfectly valid concern; instead of throwing a tantrum because she couldn't work with The Sun.

Edited by Joana
  • Love 4
On 10/18/2019 at 12:25 PM, esco1822 said:

I'm rooting for this too. My big fear is that they will instead make Bailey have an amnio, discover something is wrong with the baby and have her need to decide if she will keep the baby or have an abortion.  Let's face it, Shonda isn't afraid to kill a baby (See April and Jackson's first and Amelia's baby) for a story line. She also loves to be topical. 

An interesting option (and a not unlikely one considering the characters age) would be Down Syndrome. Its not fatal and a much more morally grey area than what April and Jackson went through. The truth is Downs birth rates have dropped like a stone since Amino became standard. I don't think Bailey or Ben would make that choice but its hard to say. Especially since Tuck would eventually be the one caring for his sibling.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Marley said:

Bailey pregnant? Lol what a joke. This show doesn’t seem to understand that older women don’t just get prego so easily. Bailey is like 50 isn’t she?

Apparently, although Chandra Wilson is 50, Bailey is supposed to be younger. The problem is that Ellen and Chandra both actually LOOK 50. I say this as a fellow 1969 baby.  The Bailey is pregnant storyline is just dumb.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, lorbeer said:

I get that this is what they do on the show. It's similar in 9-1-1 show. But like we know reality is often different than tv shows. So my question is do firefighters in US also do that or is it farfetched?

I have no idea what firefighters do in real life. My town has separate firefighters and first aid people, so it seems unlikely the firefighters would do things not related to fire. But I have never had a need to call them.

• Useful 1
44 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I have no idea what firefighters do in real life. My town has separate firefighters and first aid people, so it seems unlikely the firefighters would do things not related to fire. But I have never had a need to call them.

In my area, they do it all. EMT work and firefighting. 

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

An interesting option (and a not unlikely one considering the characters age) would be Down Syndrome. Its not fatal and a much more morally grey area than what April and Jackson went through. The truth is Downs birth rates have dropped like a stone since Amino became standard. I don't think Bailey or Ben would make that choice but its hard to say. Especially since Tuck would eventually be the one caring for his sibling.

In real life, one of the babies the actress that plays Amelia has is a Downs baby.    She could help make sure the story had authenticity.  

• Useful 6
8 hours ago, Pallas said:

Now I'm going to imagine all the things that Klingons wouldn't do on Grey's Anatomy. (Anesthesia: "Not in my OR!")  

"Today is a good day to die."

18 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

She didn't write a letter to the editor, like you sometimes see published in newspapers. She wrote them a pitch for a story that she wanted to write. It seems like bad form for them to publish the pitch, but probably not illegal. I think a bigger issue would be that she probably expected to be paid for the full article and they just took her pitch and profited off it without paying her? I know she doesn't need the money, but still.

However, I want to know what kind of publication this was and what did she think was going to happen even when she wrote the full thing with "context." Those pitches were all pretty negative things.

That's what I was trying to say, it wasn't a letter to the editor, which the publication would own, but a story pitch which they wouldn't. Publishing it could be considered dishonest (plagiarism?) because they did it without her permission and altered it into an article, so I'll repeat what I said last episode, this show should have been paired with a legal show rather than a fire station.

In the academic publishing world for journals like The Lancet and the New English Journal of Medicine, you can send an article to only one journal at a time, and they own it until they reject it which can be months later. In contrast, for general publishing you can pitch the same idea to multiple publications until one confirms a deal with you.  That's another reason why Meredith has a good case against whatever website published her letter as an article.

• Love 1

Looking at the current female regulars, the only one who hasn't had an unplanned pregnancy at some point is Maggie. Going back to former characters, Cristina, Callie, April and Addison were all there as well.

Basically, the only ones who never experienced it were Izzie (probably didn't last long enough for that storyline) and Arizona (not even a theoretical possibility, for obvious reasons). 

That is absurd. I know you have to fill 16 seasons with a lot of stuff, but COME ON.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Joana said:

Looking at the current female regulars, the only one who hasn't had an unplanned pregnancy at some point is Maggie. Going back to former characters, Cristina, Callie, April and Addison were all there as well.

Basically, the only ones who never experienced it were Izzie (probably didn't last long enough for that storyline) and Arizona (not even a theoretical possibility, for obvious reasons). 

That is absurd. I know you have to fill 16 seasons with a lot of stuff, but COME ON.

I'm surprised they didn't go there with Izzie and Alex . I'm glad they didn't, but then they got the big scene with him saying, "This isn't the way were supposed to make a baby!" when she froze her eggs. Sixteen years, and they've never had that happen to Alex, and one of his girlfriends or one-night stands. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That's what I was trying to say, it wasn't a letter to the editor, which the publication would own, but a story pitch which they wouldn't. Publishing it could be considered dishonest (plagiarism?) because they did it without her permission and altered it into an article, so I'll repeat what I said last episode, this show should have been paired with a legal show rather than a fire station.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your original post. But I agree, it is dishonest of them. Probably not plagiarism because it seems her name was on it, but definitely super-shady.

Meredith will likely not sue though, because she is going to want to distance herself from the whole thing. Unless she loses her license and realizes she needs to find a new way to support three kids.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dmc said:

They’re trying to make koracik bad to redeem Owen. There is no redeeming Owen for me 

I was surprised that I liked Koracik, last season. They let him be much more than the arrogant surgeon who was brought in to save one of their own. Of course they then try to undo all of that, for Owen. It's ridiculous. I don't see Teddy and Owen as a "one true" anything, she was paired well with Koracik. 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Joana said:

And Cristina, two times, which I found difficult to believe since she was so adamant about not having children.  Why wouldn't she get her tubes tied after the first incident and make sure it didn't happen a second time?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dmc said:

They’re trying to make koracik bad to redeem Owen. There is no redeeming Owen for me 

On a lesser scale they are doing the same to bailey. Making her look as bad as possible to make Meredith look good. But this tactic has been done over and over for years on this show alone. It’s annoying  and it’s obvious.

• Love 3

You know what I hate about this season?  That they put communications in text bubbles from phone text messages on screen that my old eyes can’t read and I have to pause, get up & put on glasses to read.  I hate how shows do this now. 

Otherwise, just spent the evening catching up (been traveling since season started)  and I’m surprised at just how much I still really enjoy the show, even 16 years in.  

So far, so good season 16—cool it on the texts though! 

Edited by pennben
Quick edit as it is not my eyes that have to get up because they can’t read something, it is me who has to get up. My eyes aren’t mobile without me!
  • Love 5

Bailey getting pregnant makes no sense. It's getting really old writers. First we deal with the Teddy pregnancy drama last season, and now, just 4 episodes into this season, Amelia and Bailey are pregnant. Is this shows trying to break a record for the most pregnant doctors in a season? Won't be surprised if he we hear Jo is pregnant later this season, or see Maggie have a complete mental breakdown if she gets pregnant. The basis of this show was supposed to be about surgeries. And so far this season, it seems the pregnancy news has taken more screen time than actual surgery.

• Love 6
On 10/18/2019 at 11:01 PM, sadie said:

So much wrong. I know they play with age here, but when Meredith arrived in season 1 Bailey was already there and a full doctor right, so I assumed she would be a good decade older than her. I know real life Meredith is 50 but on the show she is 41 or 42, so that would make Bailey at least 52 or older. PREGNANT? 

If Bailey's age didn't make the scenario unlikely enough, how about the fact that she and her husband would hardly get any alone time due to demanding shift work jobs, and then there is the small matter of Bailey being a recovering heart patient who would be on some strong medications for that. None of these things suggest her as a likely candidate for a "change of life" baby.

While I think it's been shitty for Jackson to move on with lightning speed to his new romance with Vic, Jesse Williams and the actress who plays Vic have good chemistry IMO. Far more believable than Jackson with Maggie, anyway.

• Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:40 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

No issue with her doing community service - I just think that they would get more value out of Meredith doing something with her medical abilities...although my daughter told me that the judge at the sentencing specifically forbade her to do community service in a medical facility so I obviously missed that part!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RoxiP said:

No issue with her doing community service - I just think that they would get more value out of Meredith doing something with her medical abilities...although my daughter told me that the judge at the sentencing specifically forbade her to do community service in a medical facility so I obviously missed that part!

Oh! I missed that part too!

I was also thinking -- why wasn't she doing community service in a clinic or a jail .??? 

1 hour ago, taanja said:

I was also thinking -- why wasn't she doing community service in a clinic or a jail .??? 

I think the judge got mad at her because she was so arrogant at her trial. So the judge didn't want to give her a "cushy" community service gig. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, taanja said:

44 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I think the judge got mad at her because she was so arrogant at her trial. So the judge didn't want to give her a "cushy" community service gig. 

I think it is partly (mostly) because she may be losing her medical license over this.  No way they want her doing anything healthcare related, just in case she does lose it.

• Love 2
On 10/18/2019 at 1:32 AM, NUguy514 said:

Yeah, I don't know why DeLuca gets so much hate.  He has never done anything remotely bad enough to incur the enmity directed at him.  His two biggest storylines to date have been taking care of drunk Jo and getting beaten almost to death by dear, sweet Saint Alex (which...I'm sorry, but there's no way to have anything other sympathy for him, yet fans and the show hand-waved it because: Saint fucking Alex) and taking the fall for Meredith's dumbass crime (which was completely stupid of him, to be fair, but not worthy of hatred).  At worst, he's bland, but he's never done anything as shitty as Alex, Owen, Jackson, Richard, or basically any other male character this show's ever had aside from Linc.

A-FUCKING-MEN!! From the whole "DeLoser" crap to Saint Alex getting a pass for being a shitty human being, always. Come over here, Andrew. Sit by me and speak the language of our mutual ancestors. Bring your guitar, too. 

And your girlfriend is an entitled, sanctimonious shrew. You deserve better. 

And actually, his smackdown of Meredith, while fairly tame, was completely deserved.  She's coming across like the most entitled privileged dickhead in creation.  The imperious "you don't really know me"?  Bitch, you're not that mysterious, bye.  

Whatever.

Right? Derek...your're not missing shit. 

Linc and Amelia are the absolute saving graces of this season.

I KNOW. And I'm sitting here thinking, "wait. Are these are the same two people who I found annoying as shit, until they hooked up?" Maybe it was the visit home, and the appearance of Mama Shepherd and the snarky Shepherd sisters that did it for me. 

• Love 6
On 10/19/2019 at 1:54 PM, Emily Thrace said:

And since Shonda likes to write topical story lines near and dear to her heart, or the hearts of "her people," this could happen.  

My guess is that Bailey would be the likely one who would go through this, though. We've already had Amelia go through a dramatic pregnancy. 

On 10/19/2019 at 2:25 PM, Jillybean said:

Apparently, although Chandra Wilson is 50, Bailey is supposed to be younger. The problem is that Ellen and Chandra both actually LOOK 50. I say this as a fellow 1969 baby.  The Bailey is pregnant storyline is just dumb.

The interesting thing is that Bailey's first pregnancy was written to accommodate Chandra who was pregnant in real life.  I suspect that is not the case this time, so who knows why they came up with this.

On 10/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, Anela said:

I was surprised that I liked Koracik, last season. They let him be much more than the arrogant surgeon who was brought in to save one of their own. Of course they then try to undo all of that, for Owen. It's ridiculous. I don't see Teddy and Owen as a "one true" anything, she was paired well with Koracik. 

Agreed 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

The basis of this show was supposed to be about surgeries. And so far this season, it seems the pregnancy news has taken more screen time than actual surgery.

The basis of this show has always been sexy soap opera set in hospital with interesting medical stories. They may be running out of steam on the latter (and given aging,  not as “sexy” anymore) but let there be no doubt about the former being very much a core of the premise originally. 

Evidence: Early seasons intro sequence. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1