Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E04: It's Raining Men

• Start Topic

After Meredith inadvertently stirs up negative press for Grey Sloan, she tries to make things right with her former colleagues, jeopardizing her community service hours. Station 19's Ben and Vic bring a young woman into the hospital, and Jackson stands up to Koracick when he goes too far with a patient's family. Meanwhile, Bailey receives unexpected news; and Owen finds himself at Pac-Gen North, which Alex sees as a recruiting opportunity.

Promo:

Original air date: 10/17/19

Has Meredith actually ever managed to get through a full day of her community service? I hope the woman in charge does tell the judge.

Dammit, I thought at the beginning Bailey was gonna be pregnant and I was so hoping I was wrong. God, this show. Pretty much everyone annoyed me tonight, except Link and Amelia.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 11

Who didn't guess right off the bat that Bailey was pregnant?  

Koracik continues to be a dick.  A sad, bitter dick.

STFU Meredith.  What a selfish, privileged, entitled bitch.  

The only people who didn't annoy me were the ones at the other hospital.  I think it was a good move on the writers' part to shift some of the action there instead of Seattle Grace Mercy Death Hospital. 

• Love 11

Krista is foolish and will no doubt force Meredith with the man child til the bitter end of the series, but I really want Meredith to come to her senses and drop Deloser. She said it herself, he doesn't know her. Playtime in the kiddie pool needs to be over. 

I don't know what tptb are doing with beloved Miranda "the Nazi" Bailey. Why are they so against showing a kickass female Chief of Surgery? We know Miranda has it in her.

Amelia and Link's relationship is really the best thing about this season so far. And Pac-Gen is a saving grace. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Krista is foolish and will no doubt force Meredith with the man child til the bitter end of the series, but I really want Meredith to come to her senses and drop him. She said it herself, he doesn't know her. Playtime in the kiddie pool is over, Meredith. 

Actually, I think it's the man child who needs to grow a pair and drop Meredith.  What a pompous ass she is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
6 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Actually, I think it's the man child who needs to grow a pair and drop Meredith.  What a pompous ass she is.

He's not going to drop her, she's his meal ticket! Deloser literally has nothing else going for him but being Meredith's suitor. 

I agree, she is a pompous ass. The worst thing Cristina ever did was tell Meredith that she's "the sun". She's not. But the meat head is no better and certainly not good for her. 

This is where Koracick would've been great... instead of being OOC over Owen/Teddy, he could be snarking the hell out of Meredith but also level with her and put things in perspective. If Meredith must have a lovah, it should be someone who challenges her and is on her level. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Has Meredith actually ever managed to get through a full day of her community service? I hope the woman in charge does tell the judge.

You and me both.  She seriously needs to see the inside of a jail cell.  I'm sure the other people performing community service had "emergencies" that they needed to tend to also.  And what exactly was she hoping to accomplish by going to the hospital?  She already knew that the story wasn't going to be killed.  Her "apology" could have waited five hours.

Pretty much everyone annoyed me tonight, except Link and Amelia.

I never thought I'd see the day where Amelia would be the highlight of the show.  Yet, here we are.

49 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I'll admit I didn't.  I don't know how old the character or the actress is, but I never doubted it was menopause.  I would have honestly guessed that ship had sailed a long time ago.

50 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Koracik continues to be a dick.

I don't disagree.  But, I don't think he was wrong about using the child's surgery for some good publicity.  When you have ER patients telling the ambulance to take them elsewhere, things are in dire straits.  Yes, he could have been more tactful.  But, I don't know too many  parents who wouldn't trade being used for a little publicity in exchange for a free life altering procedure for their child.   And what was with the Saint Jackson routine.  Schmitt was absolutely right.  He can afford to be arrogant as he has options that people like Schmitt don't.  The hospital could close tomorrow and Jackson would still be set.  The Schmitts of the world, not so much.

48 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Pac-Gen is a saving grace

Spinoff, please.

• Love 12

Not another pregnancy. The only reason I'm warming up to Amelia's is because Amelia and Link have been a highlight, but Bailey and Ben are not a highlight and Bailey is annoying enough as is.

Pac-Gen has been the other highlight for me so of course they sent Owen there. Sigh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I'll admit I didn't.  I don't know how old the character or the actress is, but I never doubted it was menopause.  I would have honestly guessed that ship had sailed a long time ago.

I don't know about the character but the actress is 50 (fun fact, my cousin went to high school with her). Not outside the realm of possibility but still...

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Bailey is in that catch-22 time when doctors tell you there is no freaking way you can get pregnant without fertility treatments and whatnot, but your gynecologist tells you to keep using birth control because there's still a possibility you could still get pregnant.  But they went way over the top with her hormone hysterics. 

WTF is wrong with Meredith?  Maybe she should move to be with Christina and free us of her self-important dumbassery.  And take DeLuca with her!

It's sad when a show about a hospital has half their cast move to a different hospital because the storylines are better.  Except for Owen.  I thought he was on paternity leave so why wasn't he with, the kids???   That's not what paternity leave means, Owen!

And what does the episode title have to do with this episode??

ETA - oh, never mind.  Forgot about the dude who fell from the sky.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 3

Bailey said something about going through menopause at a young age.  So I’m assuming she plays a character younger than she is.  As does Meredith and I’m assuming Teddy and others as well.  I wish I could like Amelia but it is so annoying how she can’t say lines without a sarcastic tone.  Emphasizing certain letters and syllables.   The only time she talks normal is with patients.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

STFU Meredith.  What a selfish, privileged, entitled bitch.  

The only people who didn't annoy me were the ones at the other hospital.  I think it was a good move on the writers' part to shift some of the action there instead of Seattle Grace Mercy Death Hospital. 

I didn't think she was pregnant. I've really been off my game lately. I usually pick up the obvious (of course she has to be dealing with both things, so I hope nothing happens to the baby).

13 minutes ago, izabella said:

I thought he was on paternity leave so why wasn't he with, the kids???   That's not what paternity leave means, Owen!

And you don't just tell your boss, "oh by the way I'm on paternity leave." This hospital just lets its doctors hand their jobs (as heads of departments, no less) off to other doctors and take extended time off on a whim, without even running it by the people in charge of the place...I wouldn't want to be a patient there, either.

And if he was on paternity leave and not staying why was he dropping Leo off at daycare?

Deluca said the chief resident quit? I know he mentioned a name, which I didn't catch, but it didn't sound at all familiar. (Hell, I didn't even know there was a chief of this crew.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 7

Amelia and Link are probably the only good things this show has left. 

But why are these supposedly well-educated doctors, with very easy access to prescriptions and such always getting pregnant. Who is next Maggie or Catherin, or god forbid Mer with man child's baby. Then she can have 5 babies to take care of, including Deloser of course. 

It's so easy now to become chief resident at the hospital nowadays apparently, the only requirement is for you to be there. 

I hope this is the end for Mer and DeLuca, and they really bring a love interest that is more on her level with her. Mer is right, he does not know her. Baby boy should buckle up. I have watched this show for a very long time now and I don't think I have disliked a character more than I do him, well maybe Thatcher. He was a loser too. 

Lastly, they should stop dressing Mer like she is a teenager or/and homeless. her wardrobe has gone downhill since Mimi, their original costume designer left a couple of seasons ago. 

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Evie said:

Pac-Gen has been the other highlight for me so of course they sent Owen there. Sigh.

THIS!  I don't mind Owen so much in doctor mode, though.  If he has to be on the show keep make sure none of his women or babies ever migrate over from GS and I can maybe keep pac-north my happy place.

7 minutes ago, catspjs said:

Lastly, they should stop dressing Mer like she is a teenager or/and homeless.

She's picking up trash on the side of the road.  In this one particular case I kind of think she's dressed appropriately.

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Well, obviously, I did.  Because she suspected menopause.  Had she been there suspecting pregnancy it obviously would have been menopause.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, catspjs said:

It's so easy now to become chief resident at the hospital nowadays apparently, the only requirement is for you to be there. 

Sort of like being The Nanny.  I'm sensing a Fran Drescher guest spot in the future.

• LOL 6

I was really hoping it would have been menopause and not an oopsie pregnancy from Bailey, so I chose to not even put the idea of pregnancy in my mind. Goddamnit. But yeah, with TWO pregnancies, one of them's going wrong and it's probably going to be Bailey's. They won't kill off another kid for Amelia. Though, knowing Krista, maybe she REALLY wants a dual birth scene for the season finale, where the cliffhanger is WHICH BABY AND MAMA LIVES AND WHICH ONES ARE IN DANGER? 

So many characters suck. Tom sucks now, but all because the writers are insistent on giving him all douche and none of the layers that he's had for two seasons. Meredith sucks because she's not taking her crime seriously. Deluca sucks because he won't realize that his girlfriend sucks and even when he stands up to her, he won't dump her. Dumbass went to jail for her, for goodness sake. 

Jackson...sucked less this episode, I'll give him that. I've missed this side of Jackson a lot; it's been lost since he started dating Woe Is Maggie. Who, by the way, needs to stop giving Vic the stink eye.

Owen was just fine this episode. I think he's suited for Pac North because it probably has somewhat similar conditions to the army, in the sense that they don't have state of the art medical equipment so they have to go back to basics. 

So, who's the next pregnancy? Jo? Maggie? Both?

• Love 8

I'm confused.. What exactly has Deluca done for all of these posters to say he's a loser... Did I miss some episodes where he made a huge medical mistake.. Or was really shitty to Meredith... Is he on her level.. No but I haven't seen him be a bad BF... And tonight he gave her some needed words.. Which she got mad at and walked away... I couldn't stand koracik before I still can't stand him now.. He's still blatantly flirting with other ppl's people with like no decorum... I was happy when Jackson pulled a power move.. Which he rarely does and I kinda wish he did more... That said they could had the cams rolling for the surgery and then the aftermath... He was right to stop it when he did.. But in the OR.. It probably wouldn't have hurt.. But the real solution is to do something similar.. But not so last minute.. So ppl have time to prepare 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

I'm confused.. What exactly has Deluca done for all of these posters to say he's a loser... Did I miss some episodes where he made a huge medical mistake.. Or was really shitty to Meredith... Is he on her level.. No but I haven't seen him be a bad BF... And tonight he gave her some needed words.. Which she got mad at and walked away...

Well, I think he believes he is better than he is actually is. His ego is bigger than what he actually has to offer. They are trying to rewrite his character, he used to be very whiney in his past relationships. He harassed Mer to go out with him until she got tired and she said yes. And when she didn't say I love you back he went to jail "for her" so she would feel in debt to him, and now she would have to love him, right, how could she not love him, he went to jail for her. I think he manipulated the situation so Mer would have to "love" him back. And he heard has not show a potential to be a good doctor. 

I just think Mer need someone who understands her better, sure Der would get mad at her but he always understood why she did he crazy things she did, I don't think DeLuca understands her and all her twistineyss. 

Anyhow, that is just my opinion. 

Edited by catspjs
  • Love 8

Deluca said the chief resident quit? I know he mentioned a name, which I didn't catch, but it didn't sound at all familiar. (Hell, I didn't even know there was a chief of this crew.)

Kang?

48 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I was really hoping it would have been menopause and not an oopsie pregnancy from Bailey, so I chose to not even put the idea of pregnancy in my mind. Goddamnit. But yeah, with TWO pregnancies, one of them's going wrong and it's probably going to be Bailey's. They won't kill off another kid for Amelia. Though, knowing Krista, maybe she REALLY wants a dual birth scene for the season finale, where the cliffhanger is WHICH BABY AND MAMA LIVES AND WHICH ONES ARE IN DANGER? 

So many characters suck. Tom sucks now, but all because the writers are insistent on giving him all douche and none of the layers that he's had for two seasons. Meredith sucks because she's not taking her crime seriously. Deluca sucks because he won't realize that his girlfriend sucks and even when he stands up to her, he won't dump her. Dumbass went to jail for her, for goodness sake. 

Jackson...sucked less this episode, I'll give him that. I've missed this side of Jackson a lot; it's been lost since he started dating Woe Is Maggie. Who, by the way, needs to stop giving Vic the stink eye.

Owen was just fine this episode. I think he's suited for Pac North because it probably has somewhat similar conditions to the army, in the sense that they don't have state of the art medical equipment so they have to go back to basics. 

So, who's the next pregnancy? Jo? Maggie? Both?

Hoping it won't be a Jackson-Maggie drunken hook-up, or something. I was going to say they can't throw another baby into the mix, but this is Grey's. They won't be happy until they have all of the female surgeons breaking down thanks to hormones of some kind. 

Alex and Jo will probably marry around Christmas time, or at the end of the season, so they will be preparing for them to be really happy for a little while, only to break them down again. 

• Love 1

Do the writers not realize how utterly insufferable they make Maggie or do they think it's a charming character trait? Whichever it is, at the very end when Maggie was talking to Miranda about the pregnancy and flat out asked if this was going to be a secret, I almost threw my remote at the TV. As it is, Maggie is the worst person to be the first to know anyone's personal medical information because she can't keep a secret to save her life - HIPAA doesn't exist in her world. But the audacity of her to be so selfish in the middle of Miranda's shock at her results. 

Honestly, the only time I ever liked her was when she was dating her sister's current lover back in season 12. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Laurie4H said:

Bailey said something about going through menopause at a young age.  So I’m assuming she plays a character younger than she is.  As does Meredith and I’m assuming Teddy and others as well.  I wish I could like Amelia but it is so annoying how she can’t say lines without a sarcastic tone.  Emphasizing certain letters and syllables.   The only time she talks normal is with patients.  

The timeline on Grey's is weird. Recaps of the flashback/time warp episode from season 6 say that Miranda started her intern year in 2003. If she graduated med school at 26, and was a 26 yo intern, she was born in '77. A year older than Meredith who took some time off before her intern year. Old enough to think she was going through early menopause like her mother. Also a bit younger than 54 yo Adelle was when she got pregnant. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I don't know why DeLuca gets so much hate.  He has never done anything remotely bad enough to incur the enmity directed at him.  His two biggest storylines to date have been taking care of drunk Jo and getting beaten almost to death by dear, sweet Saint Alex (which...I'm sorry, but there's no way to have anything other sympathy for him, yet fans and the show hand-waved it because: Saint fucking Alex) and taking the fall for Meredith's dumbass crime (which was completely stupid of him, to be fair, but not worthy of hatred).  At worst, he's bland, but he's never done anything as shitty as Alex, Owen, Jackson, Richard, or basically any other male character this show's ever had aside from Linc.

And actually, his smackdown of Meredith, while fairly tame, was completely deserved.  She's coming across like the most entitled privileged dickhead in creation.  The imperious "you don't really know me"?  Bitch, you're not that mysterious, bye.  

Whatever.

I see they're going all-in on Koracik being some one-dimensional dickhead, and even Teddy is acting like he's a piece of shit, even though she was dating him until, basically, yesterday.  That shouldn't surprise me, though, since Teddy's moods swing faster than the Hadron Particle Collider.

Oh, and apparently, to Owen, "I'm on paternity leave" = "I quit."  Making Koracik horrible to him isn't going to make Owen not a total piece of shit, show.

I hate everything about the Pac Gen storyline.  I really do.  And Alex, honey, you and Richard (and Meredith) were fired with absolute cause.  You and the show need to stop trying to catfish all of us into believing you've been victimized in any way.

Contacts is always horrible, but I actually agreed with him and his criticism of Jackson.  Even a (very, very) broken clock is right twice an eon.

I clocked both the menopause and the pregnancy way before the reveals, but I have no sympathy for Bailey's shittiness other than believing she was justified in firing the Three Stooges and Qadri.

Linc and Amelia are the absolute saving graces of this season.

• Love 14

Please please please call the judge, Community Service Supervisor. Because that was not an emergency. 

I’m hoping by the end of the season, all the good doctors are at PAC Gen and Grey Sloan closes.

4 hours ago, deaja said:

Please please please call the judge, Community Service Supervisor. Because that was not an emergency. 

Didn't Meredith say something at the end about having to go back in to see the judge?  I'm assuming the supervisor made the call. 

• Love 4

Agree about Koracick being flattened out as a character. It’s like they turned Greg Germann into his previous Ally McBeal character and forgot that Koracick had a soul. You’re left to wonder what Teddy ever saw in him, when I thought they were the superior couple.

i also thought the person falling from the sky was treated rather strangely. Did they die? Who were they? There were jokes about human ice cubes falling, the title “it’s raining men,” - I’m assuming this person died and that they were a real person, and it seemed to me a rather flippant way to treat it. 

Edited by betha
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Pac Gen will become the working model for Meredith to fix the nation's hospital system. Catherine will, as usual, resist before she sees the light and buys the pony. The Grey-Sloan Board will govern both facilities, with Pac-Gen re-named Seattle Grace. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

The quick way Meridith turned on DeLuca made me wonder if she wasn’t looking for an excuse to break up.    Couple don’t agree 100% and he spoke from  a place of concern for her.  Does she expect him to have no opinions of his own?  And what happened impacted both him and his friends professionally but he was concerned on how she was hurting herself.  She acted like a spoiled teenager who knows she is wrong but won’t admit it.  

• Love 11

So, last week Owen told Teddy to go back to work and he would stay home with Allison who is presumably too young for daycare.

This week Owen drops Leo off at daycare (I guess two kids is more than Owen-I want to be a dad more than anything-Hunt can handle) and tells Bailey he is on paternity leave until Tom withdraws his restraining order.  So, I guess Teddy and Allison no longer count.

Then he spends the day working elsewhere (where's Allison?), and decides to go back to work at a different hospital.

Dick.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

She acted like a spoiled teenager who knows she is wrong but won’t admit it.  

Especially, in answer to DeLuca's reasonable question, "What about performing your community service, and focusing on keeping your license?"  Her self-righteous reply -- in effect, "Where I see suffering, would you have me close my eyes?" -- was insufferable. 

And I hope that was intentional. Meredith's grandiosity could be a sign of her dismay at having acted foolishly: first with the dastardly publisher, and then all day long. "Someone put me in the wrong; now I need you to get out of my way so I can go be heard, understood and forgiven -- it's an emergency!" is not making amends.

I hope that's the point, so that this little self-made crisis is more than another bump in the road for Meredith. Perhaps the scene was mostly meant to showcase DeLuca's self-possession.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Then he spends the day working elsewhere (where's Allison?), and decides to go back to work at a different hospital.

He said Allison was with his mom.  Presumably he was going to pick her up from his mom's at some point but...    I can't really remember anybody taking an extended maternity leave so I assume the GS day care will be ready to take Allison as soon as Hunt is ready to start work but making that choice by accepting the job offer without talking to Teddy about it was a dick move.  Still, I don't think she'll mind much because she also wasn't cut out for full time parenting.  

• Love 3

Oh, gawd, we're back to shitty emo cover songs. I thought they'd gotten that out of their system a few seasons ago. This one was particularly egregious since the melody was completely ignored for the entire first verse.

I loved that Alex's reaction to Meredith's article was just to laugh and laugh and then laugh some more. 

I also loved Cristina's text to Meredith about how she'd better move to Switzerland before Bailey murdered her while she was sleeping.

Koracik was such a fun character over the last few seasons, but apparently the writers decided they had to turn him into a complete jackass for plot reasons.

6 minutes ago, Pallas said:

Especially, in answer to DeLuca's reasonable question, "What about performing your community service, and focusing on keeping your license?"

That really got me because he was being the logical and sane one and Meredith was acting like he was the one being totally unreasonable. The article was already out so the damage was already done. She already called to ask them to do something about it and they said no. Going to the hospital was not going to fix things. She could have waited a few hours to talk to Bailey. Instead, she left her community service early knowing that she could get in trouble which would look bad for her, yet she CHOSE to do it anyway. Meredith's "I had no choice" was a bunch of crap. She did have a choice and she chose the option that would have the most negative repercussions for her. He wasn't wrong when she said she was being self destructive.

• Love 19

So much wrong. I know they play with age here, but when Meredith arrived in season 1 Bailey was already there and a full doctor right, so I assumed she would be a good decade older than her. I know real life Meredith is 50 but on the show she is 41 or 42, so that would make Bailey at least 52 or older. PREGNANT? C’mon folks, I understand the writers are just throwing shit at the wall but this was the best they could do, a miracle late in life baby? 

And for once Deluca had my respect, everything he said to Mer  was spot on. Her emergency to have a conversation was hardly urgent, Bailey was still going to be mad in five hours when her shift ended. BUT NO, Queen Meredith had to explain how she wasn’t at fault and she is still the bestest best and champion for the poor losers in the world, who, up til now apparently she had no idea existed until her genius 100 things wrong with healthcare idea popped into her head. So her tantrum of “you don’t know me” and tromping off was just high bitch alert. Hey Mer I do think he knows you, you're an entitled self centered jerk that thinks her problems, her epiphanies are just bigger and brighter than anyone else’s and how dare you question her. The sun indeed. Blech. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Though, knowing Krista, maybe she REALLY wants a dual birth scene for the season finale, where the cliffhanger is WHICH BABY AND MAMA LIVES AND WHICH ONES ARE IN DANGER? 

OH GOD PLEASE NO.

You know this will happen now.

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

Didn't Meredith say something at the end about having to go back in to see the judge?  I'm assuming the supervisor made the call. 

Yes, she did. I may have cheered a tiny bit.

33 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Then he spends the day working elsewhere (where's Allison?)

He said she was with his mom.

• Love 1

Bailey was a resident when the original interns were interns.  she isn't a decade older them.   she wasn't even (not) made Cheif resident during the first season.   So she might be 5 years older than them and slightly less older than Meredith as Meredith took some time off.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Yeah, I don't know why DeLuca gets so much hate.  He has never done anything remotely bad enough to incur the enmity directed at him.  His two biggest storylines to date have been taking care of drunk Jo and getting beaten almost to death by dear, sweet Saint Alex (which...I'm sorry, but there's no way to have anything other sympathy for him, yet fans and the show hand-waved it because: Saint fucking Alex) and taking the fall for Meredith's dumbass crime (which was completely stupid of him, to be fair, but not worthy of hatred).  At worst, he's bland, but he's never done anything as shitty as Alex, Owen, Jackson, Richard, or basically any other male character this show's ever had aside from Linc.

Well, to be fair, pre-season 15 Deluca is different than recent cocky mini Derek Deluca. People are annoyed with him only since the Deluca/Meredith romance stuff started, when they completely altered Deluca's character to make him fit with Meredith. He's a puzzle piece that was shoved in to a puzzle that he doesn't fit in. 

Deluca was ok before season 15, but they seem to have never known what to do with him. And now, he's just a plain old cocky asshole who thinks he's better than the other residents because he's banging the woman who got fired for committing a crime. 

I liked season 13 Deluca the best. He was great. Krista Vernoff seems to have decided not to associate herself with those times. 

16 minutes ago, sadie said:

So much wrong. I know they play with age here, but when Meredith arrived in season 1 Bailey was already there and a full doctor right, so I assumed she would be a good decade older than her. I know real life Meredith is 50 but on the show she is 41 or 42, so that would make Bailey at least 52 or older. PREGNANT? C’mon folks, I understand the writers are just throwing shit at the wall but this was the best they could do, a miracle late in life baby? 

Apparently, Bailey was a resident in season 1 so she'd only be a couple of years older than Meredith, putting her in her mid-40s.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Deluca was ok before season 15, but they seem to have never known what to do with him. And now, he's just a plain old cocky asshole who thinks he's better than the other residents because he's banging the woman who got fired for committing a crime. 

I still haven't really seen.. Or better yet remember him being needlessly cocky.. Isn't he a bit further along than some of the other interns.. Plus his dad and sister are doctors so he may have a bit more of a headstart.. Also he's been shown to be more than competent as one.. If there is any arrogance from him I don't see it having to do with Meredith... Right now I'd say he's a bit paranoid because he thinks he's being punished for her crime and article

• Love 6
1 minute ago, UNOSEZ said:

I still haven't really seen.. Or better yet remember him being needlessly cocky.. Isn't he a bit further along than some of the other interns.. Plus his dad and sister are doctors so he may have a bit more of a headstart.. Also he's been shown to be more than competent as one.. If there is any arrogance from him I don't see it having to do with Meredith... Right now I'd say he's a bit paranoid because he thinks he's being punished for her crime and article

I never knew Deluca was the type of guy who smirks in the way that Derek used to smirk. He's ahead of the residents, but he hasn't chosen a specialty, nor has he shown to be interested in any specialty recently. He also was in love with another woman before he was forced together with Meredith. Deluca was a better character two seasons ago, he really was. 

I thought Deluca would excel in neuro, after his rotation with Amelia but now they seem to be back to floating him through general surgery. 

Deluca IS arrogant now and I don't like it. I like humble Deluca. 

That being said, he was better when he stood up to Meredith this episode. That's the Deluca I can get behind. And a lot of characters are cocky this season.

• Love 2

I kept waiting for someone to mention the Grey's lawyers getting involved in the publication of Mer's article.

If, as she said, she just sent in a list of possible article topics for consideration (and presented it that way in a cover email or letter), and then the publisher went ahead and posted the list online, it would seem there would be a good legal case to be made.

And a well-publicized, high-profile lawsuit could help restore the hospital's reputation.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I don't disagree.  But, I don't think he was wrong about using the child's surgery for some good publicity.  When you have ER patients telling the ambulance to take them elsewhere, things are in dire straits.  Yes, he could have been more tactful.  But, I don't know too many  parents who wouldn't trade being used for a little publicity in exchange for a free life altering procedure for their child.   And what was with the Saint Jackson routine.  Schmitt was absolutely right.  He can afford to be arrogant as he has options that people like Schmitt don't.  The hospital could close tomorrow and Jackson would still be set.  The Schmitts of the world, not so much.

The problem I had with Koracik was that it was clear that the father was distressed and uncomfortable in front of the camera, but Koracik didn't seem to care.  Jackson noticed it and he did care, which is why he did what he did.   And regarding this particular case, if Schmitt didn't like what Jackson did, he could follow Quadri out the door. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, NoReally said:

I kept waiting for someone to mention the Grey's lawyers getting involved in the publication of Mer's article.

Meredith would seem to have the better case: she holds the copyright to her letter. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, betha said:

i also thought the person falling from the sky was treated rather strangely. Did they die? Who were they? There were jokes about human ice cubes falling, the title “it’s raining men,” - I’m assuming this person died and that they were a real person, and it seemed to me a rather flippant way to treat it. 

Yeah, and what really pissed me off is that Bailey's husband Ben actually laughed about it.  Asshole.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, betha said:

Agree about Koracick being flattened out as a character. It’s like they turned Greg Germann into his previous Ally McBeal character and forgot that Koracick had a soul.

THIS!!! This is exactly what I was thinking last night. When did Koracick become Richard Fish? I also want to say this retcon about his character is almost as annoying to me as the one that turned Arizona into a cheater.  Drama, ugh. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I'm confused.. What exactly has Deluca done for all of these posters to say he's a loser... Did I miss some episodes where he made a huge medical mistake.. Or was really shitty to Meredith... Is he on her level.. No but I haven't seen him be a bad BF... And tonight he gave her some needed words.. Which she got mad at and walked away... I couldn't stand koracik before I still can't stand him now.. He's still blatantly flirting with other ppl's people with like no decorum... I was happy when Jackson pulled a power move.. Which he rarely does and I kinda wish he did more... That said they could had the cams rolling for the surgery and then the aftermath... He was right to stop it when he did.. But in the OR.. It probably wouldn't have hurt.. But the real solution is to do something similar.. But not so last minute.. So ppl have time to prepare 

I don't hate Deluca either. He seems decent enough. I have no problem with his relationship with Meredith either. Maybe I don't watch enough television (or maybe I watch too much?) but I guess i don't expect certain outcomes like true love forever just because people are dating/in a relationship/having sex. I think the show has actually telegraphed pretty clearly that Mere and Deluca are just a fling.

I guess I view this show completely different than most people here. 

I liked this ep. I actually laughed when Jo was asking Bailey if she was "ok" in that patronizing kind of way. It made me momentarily like the character. I even tolerated Owen when he was at that other hospital working with Alex. That has possibilities.

I don't mind if Mere is entitled. She is the Kween. That is a fact. Besides, at the end of the show Mere said the judge was informed of her leaving. She has to go back to court. I am completely unspoiled so I don't know where the show intends to go with this but I am willing to watch and find out. I have NO expectations. 

• Love 2

Meredith is defcon 5 annoying right now.  Until she was fired, she was part of the system she had is complaining about.  Meredith has never been an Izzie or a Bailey both of who were passionate about free healthcare and the clinic.  She helps one person illegally and now she’s the poster person for healthcare reform 

• Love 21

Ugh. The show is giving him a heel turn when in past seasons he was a jerk but he was more observant and understanding than you give him credit for. (ex. his time with April)

That brief scene with Link & Amelia at the end was so intimate and comforting and I'm so worried that the show/writers are going to divebomb this relationship  for drama when the viewers are starving for an entertaining adult relationship without manufactured drama. So I put this show on notice. FFS don't kill that baby for "drama" and misery porn.

And good grief, it has begun. The slow migration of Grey-Sloan to the other hospital.  Is this setting up for sweeps or the fall finale?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pallas said:

Especially, in answer to DeLuca's reasonable question, "What about performing your community service, and focusing on keeping your license?"  Her self-righteous reply -- in effect, "Where I see suffering, would you have me close my eyes?" -- was insufferable. 

Except he didn't seem to care all that much about her community service when he was asking her to ditch earlier that morning.  

I'm not defending Meredith's bs at all, but Deloser doesn't get a cookie either. The man is wishy-washy at best. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Except he didn't seem to care all that much about her community service when he was asking her to ditch earlier that morning.  

I'm not defending Meredith's bs at all, but Deloser doesn't get a cookie either. The man is wishy-washy at best. 

Well there is a bit of difference between trying to squeeze out some early morning delight.. And pointing out that walking off your court appointed community service  to sorta apologize  ( even if saying sorry won't account for much) 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, and what really pissed me off is that Bailey's husband Ben actually laughed about it.  Asshole.

I think firefighters have to have a slightly twisted sense of humor to deal with the horrible things they see in their work life.  Kind of a "gallows humor" situation (I personally end up cracking inappropriate jokes at funeral - it is how I cope with situations where the emotions can get out of hand really quickly).

I believe that this episode was the beginning of the end for Meredith and Deluca.  I also hope it was the beginning of Meredith getting off her high horse and start using her intellect and position as a force for good instead of self-destruction.  And quite honestly I think sentencing her to community service on a trash pickup gang is a stupid move - she's a highly qualified doctor - she should be working in a free clinic or women's resource center or crisis pregnancy center.  Having her pick up trash on the side of the road is a waste and the writers made themselves look stupid.

Am I the only one who hopes both Amelia and Bailey's babies are born healthy?  I realize that isn't true Grey's format but one can hope!  

I know Bailey is mad because she feels like Meredith totally disrespected her and the hospital (and she did), but I will be glad when they move past this and put her back into some semblance of herself (although to be honest when I was peri-menopausal I was a BEAST! - there are probably still some store clerks that I really should go and apologize to).

• LOL 1
  • Love 5