Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

D65053B2-6AE0-461A-9BBD-02F45AD5A3FE.jpeg

Screenshot from a video.

At the end of the video, Carlin asks Layla what she gets as a prize. Layla says she doesn’t know. Carlin says, yes you do, you get lipstick. Then she says, you don’t get it much anymore because you’re really good at it.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1

Is Zade eating Spaghettios in that last story? It takes no time to boil pasta and add sauce. Zade shouldn’t be getting processed food so early. BTW, one of SBaba’s guilty pleasures is Chef Boyardee but didn’t introduce SGirl until middle school. Zade is too young and darn easy to feed. 

• Like 8
Just now, SMama said:

Is Zade eating Spaghettios in that last story? It takes no time to boil pasta and add sauce. Zade shouldn’t be getting processed food so early. BTW, one of SBaba’s guilty pleasures is Chef Boyardee but didn’t introduce SGirl until middle school. Zade is too young and darn easy to feed. 

I saw Spaghetti Os in the grocery haul, so I guess we figured out who got them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 1

Yes they do ask Layla if she wants a sister or brother she says brother than sister 🙄 Luckily Evan says he’s happy with the two they’ve got. 
Also Katie says she can’t wait to have number two! Is she ok? She’d just given birth. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Carlin is itching for the attention that being pregnant brings in this family. If Evan has a lick of sense and I am beginning to think that he doesn't, he will not leave birth control up to Carlin. 

That's really all Carlin's about. She wants, needs and has to have attention on her. I don't think Evan has any sense. He seems to be all about attention too.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

That's really all Carlin's about. She wants, needs and has to have attention on her. I don't think Evan has any sense. He seems to be all about attention too.

That's what you get when two major extroverts marry. It's unbearable. 

Read a synopsis of this week's video. While Carlin has baby fever, apparently for once Evan was rational, saying he was happy with the two kids he has, and he worries for Carlin's health. Not sure why. She hasn't had an "episode" in quite a while. 

• Like 8

I was surprised watching their video that Evan stayed at the house with his kids until about 5:00 the day of the delivery. Carlin then said he called her and whined about “missing the party at the waiting room.”

Someone needs to get those two a dictionary or Google party for them. Since when is waiting in a hospital waiting room considered a party? Carlin also said party wohoo while Katie was in labor. WTAF. 

It seems that they are regressing emotionally. Good call on whoever said they are extreme extroverts. They are also extremely immature, and extreme drama queens. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

This is a screenshot from C & E’s latest YT video. Why does the info card on the hospital bassinet have Bates as the name and not Clark?  Do they always use the mother’s maiden name?  

DF66AFFE-2908-4DFB-A5F7-9A1463F15B0D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5
3 minutes ago, SheTV said:

This is a screenshot from C & E’s latest YT video. Why does the info card on the hospital bassinet have Bates as the name and not Clark?  Do they always use the mother’s maiden name?  

Thank you for noticing, I was curious about that too but forgot to ask. 

• Like 2

Wait a minute....Layla is successfully and totally potty trained? I don't think so as I watched the video. Just before C & E were getting ready to leave NJ for home, Layla was on the sofa next to her dad. That girl had a pull up on. No doubt in my mind. Her bottom was heavily padded. Did anyone else notice this?

I certainly hope that Evan has a lightning strike of common sense here about more children at this time. I agree that he should not and should never leave their "fertility" up to Carlin. Someone please give that man a "glove". 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, floridamom said:

Wait a minute....Layla is successfully and totally potty trained? I don't think so as I watched the video. Just before C & E were getting ready to leave NJ for home, Layla was on the sofa next to her dad. That girl had a pull up on. No doubt in my mind. Her bottom was heavily padded. Did anyone else notice this?

I certainly hope that Evan has a lightning strike of common sense here about more children at this time. I agree that he should not and should never leave their "fertility" up to Carlin. Someone please give that man a "glove". 

FWIW I used pull ups for certain occasions after SGirl was potty trained. A long car ride and overnights come to mind. If they have the inevitable accident it’s so much easier to clean on the go. I understand being doubtful of Carlin’s declarations. 

• Like 5
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video.

At the end of the video, Carlin asks Layla what she gets as a prize. Layla says she doesn’t know. Carlin says, yes you do, you get lipstick. Then she says, you don’t get it much anymore because you’re really good at it.

Layla got Carlin's nose. There isn't much nose in the Bates family, but Carlin got it. The bridge is almost too wide for her features. 

If Evan developed a nightly headache to keep the baby count down, it would be fine with me. This couple in particular doesn't need more kids. They don't pay enough attention to the two they have. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Layla got Carlin's nose. There isn't much nose in the Bates family, but Carlin got it. The bridge is almost too wide for her features. 

I always wonder who she looks like. Neither parent much that I can see. It must be one of the grandparents. I guess even a great grandparent is possible.

5 hours ago, SheTV said:

Well, not every woman giving birth is married so it is the safest way.

• LOL 3
On 2/25/2023 at 10:56 AM, SMama said:

Y’all, Carlin is not OK. 😫 Zade will be one next month and it looks like she’s embarked on the I no longer have a baby whinefest. Carlin won’t know since she is such a lazy parent, but one year olds have plenty of baby in them. Last time I check they can’t change their diapers or procure their food. At least Carlin won’t have another episode while she’s milking Zade’s first birthday as though he is about to ship off to a war zone. 

I figured that Carlin would start getting baby fever once Katie gave birth.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Well, not every woman giving birth is married so it is the safest way.

Wouldn't the "safest" way be to use the mother's legal name, which in many cases would be her married name, not her maiden name? 

Unless Katie never got around to legally changing her name to Clark (which I guess could be possible), it would be weird for her to be listed as "Bates."

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Wouldn't the "safest" way be to use the mother's legal name, which in many cases would be her married name, not her maiden name? 

Unless Katie never got around to legally changing her name to Clark (which I guess could be possible), it would be weird for her to be listed as "Bates."

But they do put the maiden name on the birth certificate. There was some talk about this a few pages back.

18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video.

Please help me understand… They let her watch shows so she WILL have accidents??  I thought the whole point of potty training is so she WON’T have accidents!  And the last sentence “… you don’t get lipstick much anymore because you’re really good at it.”  I thought that lipstick was the reward for not having accidents, so if she’s not having accidents, wouldn’t she get MORE lipstick?  WTH?!?  Please, make it make sense!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Putting the mother's maiden name on the birth certificate makes sense to me... lots of information is put on a birth certificate... I'm still not seeing why the baby would be solely labeled as "Bates" on her bassinet if that is not the current legal last name of either of her parents.

Though again, perhaps Katie just never got around to actually changing her name? (Although I would think that would be up there on a fundy girl's post-wedding to-do list, so they're not mistaken for some heathen living in sin.)

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
Just now, dargosmydaddy said:

Putting the mother's maiden name on the birth certificate makes sense to me... lots of information is put on a birth certificate... I'm still not seeing why the baby would be solely labeled as "Bates" on her bassinet if that is not the current legal last name of either of her parents.

Though again, perhaps Katie just never got around to actually changing her name? (Although I would think that would be up there on a fundy girl's post-wedding to-do list, so they're not mistaken for some heathen living in sin.)

Maybe Notabug can tell us what the custom is.

• Like 2

Layla was jumping around on the sofa while Evan was holding the baby!  I thought for sure the baby would get whacked in the head with the cell phone she was holding onto!

I don’t know why Carlin has baby fever. She’s still Nursing Zade!  One boob at a time there Carlin girl!

• Like 6
5 hours ago, SheTV said:

Usually what it means is that the mother kept her maiden name and came to the hospital and gave her maiden name rather than a married name.

In hospitals where I've worked, the bassinet and the baby are tagged with the mother's last name, not the father's if they are different.  It allows the staff to see at a glance whose baby is whose.

It doesn't mean that Katie doesn't use a married name at other times or that the birth certificate will use Bates as the baby's last name.

Since it seems unlikely that Katie wouldn't have changed her name when she married, I expect that her insurance is under Bates although I don't know why, though,  I guess it could be that the hospital wanted a piece of legal ID to admit her and she hadn't changed her driver's license yet.  It isn't like she was so busy working to get it done, though.

All I know is that if the kid's bassinet has mom's maiden name on it; then the mom was admitted under her maiden name.

Edited by Notabug
  • Useful 7
7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Please help me understand… They let her watch shows so she WILL have accidents??  I thought the whole point of potty training is so she WON’T have accidents!  And the last sentence “… you don’t get lipstick much anymore because you’re really good at it.”  I thought that lipstick was the reward for not having accidents, so if she’s not having accidents, wouldn’t she get MORE lipstick?  WTH?!?  Please, make it make sense!

This is what I got:

a) They let her watch shows so she would want to stay in the house and be near the toilet. Accident at home less trouble than accident elsewhere. Like the car!

b) She doesn't get lipsticks anymore because she has mastered toilet training now and won't be getting anymore rewards. 

What a reward for a 3-year old. Sheesh.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, Dehumidifier said:

This is what I got:

a) They let her watch shows so she would want to stay in the house and be near the toilet. Accident at home less trouble than accident elsewhere. Like the car!

b) She doesn't get lipsticks anymore because she has mastered toilet training now and won't be getting anymore rewards. 

What a reward for a 3-year old. Sheesh.

She would want to stay home? She’s 3. She stays home unless her parents take her somewhere. Parents have 💯 control here, Carlin. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I was wondering the same thing. it makes no sense to me either. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I'm thinking Carlin meant they had her watch TV so Layla wouldn't have "accidents everywhere". Meaning Layla likely was wandering around the house unattended and would pee her pants. If they had her right in front of them (by watching TV) they could scoot her to the potty in time.

And now that Layla is 'trained' she doesn't need a reward to use the bathroom.

Obviously Layla was ready because really C&E couldn't train a fish to swim, so kudos to Layla! 🚽🏆

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 6
  • LOL 12

Minor rant incoming.

I saw Carlin advertising that electric can opener and noticed she was demoing it on a can of shitty ass Pedigree dog food. I mean, really? It's one thing if you're struggling financially and can't afford higher quality, but these people spent 2k on a dining set and over 1k on that hideous mirror. They can't do better by their dog? Didn't she have a Farmer's Dog sponsorship at one point? I guess Izzy only warrants the good stuff so long as it's free. (Stepping off soap box, now...). 

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Minor rant incoming.

I saw Carlin advertising that electric can opener and noticed she was demoing it on a can of shitty ass Pedigree dog food. I mean, really? It's one thing if you're struggling financially and can't afford higher quality, but these people spent 2k on a dining set and over 1k on that hideous mirror. They can't do better by their dog? Didn't she have a Farmer's Dog sponsorship at one point? I guess Izzy only warrants the good stuff so long as it's free. (Stepping off soap box, now...). 

There are dozens of dry dog foods out there that are far more nutritious and less expensive than Pedigree.  They care about their dog's nutrition about as much as they care about their kids'.

13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

95CD0A16-0D5E-47A2-85B0-DA217BA90400.jpeg

70B14848-72A8-42D6-9593-7CD06499D1F1.jpeg

So, she posted this to say she is NOT on her period?  Who thought she was?  Why does anyone care?

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Minor rant incoming.

Katie has the Farmer's Dog sponsorship. She did an ad not long before she had the baby. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

What is going on with these two?  Why is she posting about not having her period?  Why is she posting about being a present mom when the only thing she seems to be present with is her phone?  I worry for those kids because Carlin and Evan seem to be struggling at this point and the kids are paying the price.  Another baby will not only solve nothing, but create even more problems.  

• Like 8
52 minutes ago, Notabug said:

There are dozens of dry dog foods out there that are far more nutritious and less expensive than Pedigree.  They care about their dog's nutrition about as much as they care about their kids'.

So, she posted this to say she is NOT on her period?  Who thought she was?  Why does anyone care?

I’m confused too. As is she, apparently!

36 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Question for @Notabug: would Carlin's seizure meds affect a pregnancy? I remember you saying it didn't affect breast milk, but a developing fetus is another matter. 

Has she ever said which meds she’s taking ?

There was also a video of Layla telling us what she carried in her purse.  It is my opinion that the child had a pull up on. Or her underwear is really bulky.  It appeared the family was just hanging at the house at the moment, wouldn't that be a time when a mom who is consistent in potty training her 3 year old (who was killin' it last week) would have her not be in a pull up?   Maybe she leaves her in a pull up all the time, just in case of an accident?  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Question for @Notabug: would Carlin's seizure meds affect a pregnancy? I remember you saying it didn't affect breast milk, but a developing fetus is another matter. 

Depends on what she is taking.  Some of the older seizure meds like dilantin and depakote can cause problems.  As I recall, she is taking Keppra, which has a pretty good safety profile for pregnancy.  I wouldn't tell her to stop tking it if she got pregnant, but, knowing her, she'd stop it anyway so she could post about how heroic she is protecting her baby from harm and tolerating multiple seizures.  Complete with multiple videos of the trips to the ER.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1

Dog food pissed me off too.  Good quality dry dog food is not going to break the bank but it's ok to waste money on a stupid can opener for cheap dog food? 

Layla looked like she was wearing PJs in that reel.  I would not be surprised if they still put a pull-up on her for bed time, even if she is doing well during the day. 

But they really are struggling for content.  Without the drama of the episodes they are pretty boring.

• Like 9

Privacy fence and expanding the cement area, that can’t be cheap. Warden was doing the hard work getting the backyard ready. Carlin said someone is coming to look at expanding the concrete area. Why not  Trace and Warden. I must find out where’s their money tree. 🧐

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Privacy fence and expanding the cement area, that can’t be cheap. Warden was doing the hard work getting the backyard ready. Carlin said someone is coming to look at expanding the concrete area. Why not  Trace and Warden. I must find out where’s their money tree. 🧐

And of course, there was KJ sitting on her as*, occasionally holding Zade. She probably just drove over to bring Warden so he could work. It’s also nice that both C&E can take a day off from BSB to do yard work. In February they maybe worked 2 days the whole month, looks like more of the same for March.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

And of course, there was KJ sitting on her as*, occasionally holding Zade. She probably just drove over to bring Warden so he could work. It’s also nice that both C&E can take a day off from BSB to do yard work. In February they maybe worked 2 days the whole month, looks like more of the same for March.

Probably more like Warden was going over to work, Kelly tagged along and stared at her phone the entire drive. then got a quick photo op with Zade.

• Like 7