Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

Wouldn't doubt if they sell the car to get a Tesla.

Carlin has many issues.  She can't even take care of her physical self, much less, her mental health.  Neither one of them can sit still for a minute.  How could she possibly ever sit for therapy for more than 2 minutes?  Especially if she couldn't film it?  Their kids are doomed to be like their parents.  As much as Carlin fought for attention with 18 siblings, her/their kids will have to do the same just to fight for attention from their parents. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 9

I suppose as much as each Bates kid was ignored, they were still surrounded by chaos and then even more so when the cameras showed up. There's a learning curve to sitting with one's self, something neither Carlin or Kelly seem to be able to do.

Actually I'm not sure any Bates kidults are good with downtime - even the ones who appear to do nothing like the Bates guys.

• Like 12
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Actually I'm not sure any Bates kidults are good with downtime - even the ones who appear to do nothing like the Bates guys.

How about Michael, Alyssa, Tori, and Josie?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, SMama said:

How about Michael, Alyssa, Tori, and Josie?

I really don't know much about Tori's life right now, but Michaela seems to be very busy as well as Josie, and Alyssa seems to invent things to make her busy. I would say Michaela might be more settled into who she is, but not so much Alyssa and Josie. Although they're all better at it than Carlin.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Agreed that many/most of the Bates kids are probably not great with quiet and lack of chaos, but it's interesting that the two who seem to be most desperate to run place to place and have something going on at all times are the two who also seem the unhappiest/most unsettled in their marriages - Carlin and Law. Though perhaps not surprising - on top of the usual Bates troubles with downtime, when downtime means time with your honey and you aren't really feeling that honey, well yeah more reason to go running off to your inlaws for distraction.

Also depends on who they married - John, Trav, Brandon, Kelton and Bobby all seem like they affirmatively don't WANT chaos and would put their feet down at running to a 5 day long weekend and then coming back for 2 days and going someplace etc. So their wives have had no choice but to learn how to occupy their time whether that's a nannying a few days a week or a sewing business or cooking and cleaning and raising kids.

OTOH Evan wants chaos and drama and frankly Tiff seems to hate Law and Nashville so much that she just wants to be home in Cali and have her parents around to minimize her time alone with Lawson so of course she's in on any trip to Cali, vacations with her parents, her parents staying in Nashville for weeks at a time etc.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Wow.  Crickets since they got back from the cruise.  No Instagram posts at all.

They must be desperate for views.  Aside from the cruise vlog dropping on Saturday I am expecting a  "Thanks y'all for checking on us" Instagram post soon.  Either they are "super busy" getting ready for the cash and carry event on Saturday or the episodes have made a return.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Wow.  Crickets since they got back from the cruise.  No Instagram posts at all.

They must be desperate for views.  Aside from the cruise vlog dropping on Saturday I am expecting a  "Thanks y'all for checking on us" Instagram post soon.  Either they are "super busy" getting ready for the cash and carry event on Saturday or the episodes have made a return.

I totally read that as CRASH and carry. 😃

• LOL 8

They are probably MIA because their besties are coming to visit and staying with them. That mattress isn’t going to inflate itself. Then they have to do snack runs at the Dollar Store. Maybe get a few errands done before it’s time to… Let’s gooooooooooo! Partay, woo hoo!

If K&T stay with them it’s going to be interesting. They are new parents, sleep deprived, and with a baby that is most likely on a schedule. Will they be up to partying the night away, playing board games, chugging energy drinks, and eating pizza rolls?

Edited by SMama
  • Like 10
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, SMama said:

They are probably MIA because their besties are coming to visit and staying with them. That mattress isn’t going to inflate itself. Then they have to do snack runs at the Dollar Store. Maybe get a few errands done before it’s time to… Let’s gooooooooooo! Partay, woo hoo!

If K&T stay with them it’s going to be interesting. They are new parents, sleep deprived, and with a baby that is most likely on a schedule. Will they be up to partying the night away, playing board games, chugging energy drinks, and eating pizza rolls?

Katie has already posted about how exhausting it is to have a newborn who needs to be fed every couple hours and how grateful she is for her MIL who spent the night several times to help her get some sleep.  I don't picture Carlin or Evan offering to help with nighttime baby duty nor do I expect that they would be careful to keep the kids quiet when Katie and the baby are sleeping.  Carlin and Evan are none too bright and their first last and only thoughts are of themselves, it seems.

Helping other people or even being sympathetic to their struggles are just not on their radar.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 14
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

Katie has already posted about how exhausting it is to have a newborn who needs to be fed every couple hours and how grateful she is for her MIL who spent the night several times to help her get some sleep.  I don't picture Carlin or Evan offering to help with nighttime baby duty nor do I expect that they would be careful to keep the kids quiet when Katie and the baby are sleeping.  Carlin and Evan are none too bright and their first last and only thoughts are of themselves, it seems.

Helping other people or even being sympathetic to their struggles are just not on their radar.

Taking this to K&T thread. 

At the end of the latest YT video, Carlin said they were on the way to pick up Katie and company at the airport. Then she threw in that Katie, Travis and Hailey would be staying in Layla's room and they were moving Zade's bassinet into the room. She also said I washed the sheets. I guess she has read all of the comments about how she put new sheets on Layla's bed for previous company and did not wash the sheets. 

• LOL 11
31 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

At the end of the latest YT video, Carlin said they were on the way to pick up Katie and company at the airport. Then she threw in that Katie, Travis and Hailey would be staying in Layla's room and they were moving Zade's bassinet into the room. She also said I washed the sheets. I guess she has read all of the comments about how she put new sheets on Layla's bed for previous company and did not wash the sheets. 

Well, we've seen how Carlin and Evan keep house. I haven't forgotten that visible layer of dust on the green wall at their old house. Gross, and shameful for two people who don't work. 

I thought wives were supposed to leave their families and cleave to their husbands, but Evan seems to have left his family and cleaved to the Bateses. 

• Like 7
17 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Well, we've seen how Carlin and Evan keep house. I haven't forgotten that visible layer of dust on the green wall at their old house. Gross, and shameful for two people who don't work. 

I thought wives were supposed to leave their families and cleave to their husbands, but Evan seems to have left his family and cleaved to the Bateses. 

Maybe his family keeps asking when he's getting a job.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
1 minute ago, andromeda331 said:

Maybe his family keeps asking when he's getting a job.

They keep putting him up every other weekend and prefer to have them watch their kids and dog father than the Bateses. 

I think Evan has cleaved to Carlin's earning potential, not the other Bateses. He doesn't seem to have relationships with any of his many BILs. Maybe Trace? 

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They keep putting him up every other weekend and prefer to have them watch their kids and dog father than the Bateses. 

I think Evan has cleaved to Carlin's earning potential, not the other Bateses. He doesn't seem to have relationships with any of his many BILs. Maybe Trace? 

Carlin has earning potential? That's it, I'm quitting my job. If Dingbat can make money putting snooze-worthy garbage on Instagram, so can I. If you don't mind, I'll be at the nail salon. With my Starbucks. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 15
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He's definitely cleaved to the Bateses' sloppy housekeeping and Gil and Kelly's laziness. 

• Like 4

I think there's a need for a little old lady humorous vlog. I can make jokes about all the way one's body and life changes as we age and hawk products for "old folks".

I'm not quite there yet, but I could still shill things like Depends, shower chairs, Ensure, power recliners, Prevagen. I mean Martha Stewart does a commercial for easy-on sneakers, so I can advertise hearing aids and such.

Getting Old with GG.

I can give tips like if you have a bladder control problem always travel with a water bottle and sweater that way you can 'spill your water' and tie your sweater across your ass and no one will ever know you just leaked on the floor of Costco. 

I better do it quick before Carlin thinks of it too. Because I know she has a gray wig.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

I watched that cruise video. What a joke. Evan stated that he doesn't like to spend money unnecessarily??? Joke of the month! The way these two burn money is a sin. Idiot flew into the wrong airport; Miami instead of Ft. Lauderdale. I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale, I know what it takes to get from one airport to the other. Carlin sure doesn't live like someone who has "episode concerns", does she. With all of that movement, excitement and chaos in her life, I would think she needs a calm, quiet lifestyle. Anything but here.  I wonder if they tried a cocktail but didn't show it. I also wonder with all of the traveling, seeing sights, places and people if Carlin ever wonders why her parents sheltered them from nice, enjoyable life experiences, making them all potentially sinful in their eyes. On another note, Carlin needs to note that as long as she is nursing Zade, she should wear tops that FIT. These two need to grow up and soon. Get a JOB, Evan.

• Like 16
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I thought that was Erin at first. 

I thought it was Alyssa! As if she'd put a giant bow on the golden penis baby! And it's too soon for even a Bates girl to head to the Cash & Carry one day after birthing!

• Like 3
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I watched that cruise video. What a joke. Evan stated that he doesn't like to spend money unnecessarily??? Joke of the month! The way these two burn money is a sin. Idiot flew into the wrong airport; Miami instead of Ft. Lauderdale. I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale, I know what it takes to get from one airport to the other. Carlin sure doesn't live like someone who has "episode concerns", does she. With all of that movement, excitement and chaos in her life, I would think she needs a calm, quiet lifestyle. Anything but here.  I wonder if they tried a cocktail but didn't show it. I also wonder with all of the traveling, seeing sights, places and people if Carlin ever wonders why her parents sheltered them from nice, enjoyable life experiences, making them all potentially sinful in their eyes. On another note, Carlin needs to note that as long as she is nursing Zade, she should wear tops that FIT. These two need to grow up and soon. Get a JOB, Evan.

That video was one big snooze.  I watch their videos for one reason:  Layla.  I love that little girl!  I’ve learned to fast forward until I get to the Layla parts.  I love Zade too, but it remains to be seen if he’ll be as entertaining as his big sister.  Evan and Carlin would do well to disappear from the videos altogether and make every video about Layla and Zade only.  I think they would get more views that way.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

That video was one big snooze.  I watch their videos for one reason:  Layla.  I love that little girl!  I’ve learned to fast forward until I get to the Layla parts.  I love Zade too, but it remains to be seen if he’ll be as entertaining as his big sister.  Evan and Carlin would do well to disappear from the videos altogether and make every video about Layla and Zade only.  I think they would get more views that way.

A bad idea, though. It’s not safe. 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

That video was one big snooze.  I watch their videos for one reason:  Layla.  I love that little girl!  I’ve learned to fast forward until I get to the Layla parts.  I love Zade too, but it remains to be seen if he’ll be as entertaining as his big sister. 

Layla is a sweet kid, and I feel like she could be so much farther along if her parents gave her the attention she deserves. I dread the thought of those two clowns attempting to homeschool. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She retained her birth weight a couple of weeks ago. I only know of one doctor's visit, when Trav took her because Katie wasn't feeling well. 

In his video he says they have taken her to the hospital three times!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
56 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

In his video he says they have taken her to the hospital three times!

Might've been for blood work for the jaundice.  Or to be weighed or to see a lactation consultant.  Doesn't seem like she's had any major health issues other than the jaundice which is not uncommon.

Most pediatricians, however, would recommend against taking newborns around other people, especially in crowded places such as airports and planes for the first 2-3 months, especially during flu/RSV/COVID season.  However, the Bates have seemingly always ignored that kind of advice.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
20 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Might've been for blood work for the jaundice.  Or to be weighed or to see a lactation consultant.  Doesn't seem like she's had any major health issues other than the jaundice which is not uncommon.

Most pediatricians, however, would recommend against taking newborns around other people, especially in crowded places such as airports and planes for the first 2-3 months, especially during flu/RSV/COVID season.  However, the Bates have seemingly always ignored that kind of advice.

I’d have to watch it again 🙃 but it seems like the hospital trips were because baby had not returned to her birth weight. 

I see Katie sitting on a pile of clothes at BSB giving baby a bottle. Maybe Katie can’t nurse or something?

20 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’d have to watch it again 🙃 but it seems like the hospital trips were because baby had not returned to her birth weight. 

I see Katie sitting on a pile of clothes at BSB giving baby a bottle. Maybe Katie can’t nurse or something?

Or she pumps and puts it in a bottle because she’s not comfortable nursing in public. Or she nurses and then supplements with formula due to the baby’s slow weight gain.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

Is Carlin only shilling Dime now? Dime shillers are a dime a dozen (had to 😁). If they don't pick up some new gigs their wallets are going to be hurting.

I would love to see what these influencer contracts look like. Can they shill competing make-up products at the same time? Do they get bonuses if they hit a certain number?

I know most influencers say they make the most money selling subscriptions, but it doesn't seem the Bates sisters shill many.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I know most influencers say they make the most money selling subscriptions, but it doesn't seem the Bates sisters shill many.

Funny you noted this because their last video was sponsored by Fresh Market. Travis must have helped them because the graphics were pretty much like the Capitol One ad K&T did. Or the company provides them. Evan seemed more polished in this shill too. Carlin claimed they have had a FM subscription for years. Let’s see how long they hang on to this sponsorship. 

I understand the convenience of food delivery, especially when you have two working parents. But these two do nothing all day, quite the accomplishment because they are supposed to be parenting a three and one year old. Evan mentioned that he liked there’s no tip needed for delivery. 

Edited by SMama
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 4

Carlin posted about family night at K&G’s. Because why hold family night on a Friday or Saturday night like most people? Oh, wait, no one has to get up early tomorrow to work, or school. I think the Duggars also held their family night on Mondays.

Hailey was passed around as expected. I cringed with every new picture. Hopefully Travis’s parents will be concerned enough to have a talk with their son.

Carlin posted some childhood pictures, Layla looks just like her as a toddler and young child. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I'm really curious as to what's going on between Josie and Carlin. Katie was getting her nails done with Josie and Lydia yesterday, and when does Carlin ever miss an opportunity to go to the salon? That plus she didn't go to Josie's for dinner? I understand that not all siblings are close, but you'd think they'd suck it up and play nice so Katie doesn't have to divide her time when she visits. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Maybe it’s just me but I assumed Josie didn’t invite them. Josie seems to have an exclusivity vibe to her so she seems like the type who’ll invite your guest to dinner or the spa but not you just to show you that you aren’t in the special circle. And let’s be real C&E are so hard pressed for content - and home cooking - that if invited even though they don’t love J&K they would’ve gone.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

Josie captioned a picture at the salon, something about sisters. Lydia is indeed her sister in law, and maybe I’m overthinking things, but it has that mean girl vibe.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I'm really curious as to what's going on between Josie and Carlin. Katie was getting her nails done with Josie and Lydia yesterday, and when does Carlin ever miss an opportunity to go to the salon? That plus she didn't go to Josie's for dinner? I understand that not all siblings are close, but you'd think they'd suck it up and play nice so Katie doesn't have to divide her time when she visits. 

Could be as simple as Carlin/Evan will dominate the conversation and won't want to go home at a  reasonable hour no matter how many times Josie/Kelton yawn.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

I think there are definite divides between the sisters, but Josie not inviting the Stewarts to dinner doesn't feel mean girl to me. Because where would the invites start and stop? It she invited Carlin, should she invite Michael, KJ and Tori too?

I look at the Stewart house as the TN home base for Katie and Travis and expect they will come and go with C&E and without them too.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I think there are definite divides between the sisters, but Josie not inviting the Stewarts to dinner doesn't feel mean girl to me. Because where would the invites start and stop? It she invited Carlin, should she invite Michael, KJ and Tori too?

I look at the Stewart house as the TN home base for Katie and Travis and expect they will come and go with C&E and without them too.

But how are they getting around without Evan as chauffeur? I assume Josie picked Katie up yesterday. But they're too young to rent a car. Did Travis really stay with the Stews last night while Katie was with Josie?

So many logistical questions. 😃

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But how are they getting around without Evan as chauffeur? I assume Josie picked Katie up yesterday. But they're too young to rent a car. Did Travis really stay with the Stews last night while Katie was with Josie?

Imagine having kids before you’re even old enough to rent a car 🤦‍♀️🥲.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Lol - I know K&T are rich and only drive new cars but if they ran into car trouble/something put their car in the shop for a week and the dealership didn't have a loaner available - uh? I guess Mom and Dad Clark and Uber it is for getting around.

I don't think it's about - if Josie invited C&E to dinner she'd have to invite M&B etc., I think it's about - if you are inviting someone's guest to hang with you, you at least invite a courtsey invite to their hosts at least one time [so either dinner or spa], esp when their hosts aren't strangers you've never met before. 

But yeah I think for the visit at home Josie likely wanted a quiet visit - where she got to talk to K about the birth and/or how the last month has been; got to give the kid a bottle; got to have her kids hold the baby so they could start dreaming about being mommies themselves; take eight million pics of her kids with the baby etc.

None of this is possible with loud ass wohooo party party C&E. They don't let others have conversations esp where they aren't the center of the conversation. Plus they are videoing everything. And yeah because they don't work, I don't think either would ever be cognizant of the fact that when you're invited to dinner on a Monday night, you keep it moving; you don't park yourself someplace until 11 pm bc you're bored of your life bc these other people have to clean up the kitchen, get their kids to bed, and go to work tomorrow. 

And add to that, added awkwardness is that I think Willow/Layla don't know each other at all and neither set of parents engages the others' kids at all even out of politeness. At some family event - maybe Christmas or Thanksgiving - there was a video where Willow ran up to some swings and got on as Carlin was on one w/ Z and Evan was pushing Layla on another one; neither C&E said a word to Willow!? Not even through Layla being like - say hi to cousin Willow!? Then when she was having trouble getting the swing going, Evan pushed Willow's swing a few times but again nothing said?! WTF!? 

I can't imagine any visit from C&E to Josie's house wouldn't involve C&E watching Willow VERY closely - I mean she is light years ahead of their daughter in terms of conversation, understanding etc. despite being only 6 mos older. As much as they'd deny it you know they'd notice and not like it.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Maybe they are using Carlin's car? I assumed Travis went to Josie's too.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1