Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

"Time for us" because their whole life isn't time for US? I mean these idiots are together 24-7 and even if they are with their kids, they ignore them and BTW they also dump the kids and go on date nights, weekends in hotels in Nashville etc.

And "time for us" with an entire church group. LOL. The creepy pastor is in their pics and an entire group of people who I assume are church people. Do they have trouble being without a crowd whether it's her siblings, his family, or church people? I really think they think regular life as just a family of 4 is too boring. Kudos to the church group though - nothing screams CHURCH like a 4 day booze cruise to the Caribbean in the height of spring break season - so you know some % of the ship was the college age crowd looking for a vacation and if they could book this cheaper than hotels on land in Fla. well then boozing on a boat it is.

And I refuse to watch but how hard pressed are they for content that they're driving around their old neighborhood where they lived A FREAKING YEAR AGO reminiscing?! I mean I'm sorry people do that when they're 50+ to be like - oh let's show the kids our first house or my childhood home bc we're driving near it. They don't reminisce about a rental apartment that they willing left for the house they HAD TO HAVE ASAP.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5

Every time I think they have hit their lowest point, these bottom feeders, nobodies, entitled, single digit IQ morons do something to appear more selfish, and useless as humans. Time for us! 🙄

I used to think they were stupid but harmless, especially Evan.  Then they decided to procreate. They are almost literally playing house, no self awareness, no growth, no responsibilities, no worth, zero productivity. Evan is enjoying living in The Truman Show of his own creation, thinking everyone thinks of him as cool, while we laugh at him.  I hope the decrease in followers comes swiftly and they are forced to face reality. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

So they went with a church group?  Sounds like someone in the church organized a group so that they could get a free cruise themselves.  I wonder who the organizer was since I don't think these two dolts have enough sense or organization to do it.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, SMama said:

Every time I think they have hit their lowest point, these bottom feeders, nobodies, entitled, single digit IQ morons do something to appear more selfish, and useless as humans. Time for us! 🙄

You got this right!

• Like 7
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6D934CA4-409F-42CF-BADD-7FECF96EB197.jpeg

Carlin is quite busty. That tank top isn't very modest, Christian girl. Your mother and Michelle Duggar must be clutching their pearls! (Maybe that's why Jill Rod hasn't latched on to the Bateses.) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
29 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Carlin is quite busty. That tank top isn't very modest, Christian girl. Your mother and Michelle Duggar must be clutching their pearls! (Maybe that's why Jill Rod hasn't latched on to the Bateses.) 

Well, Michelle's broke up a marriage although I'm sure Carlin wishes hers had.

• LOL 6
12 hours ago, sheshark said:

They were in Key West!  That is insane.

Key West is one of my favorite places on earth.  They are too dumb to appreciate how special it is and it makes me made that it was wasted on the likes of them.

• Like 12

If Carlin is well enough to go on a cruise, why hasn't Evan gone back to work? There hasn't been a health update in a while. Carlin was supposed to go for some kind of test as an in-patient in the hospital, and they said it takes a long time to schedule, but now they never mention it. Should someone who has seizures be on a boat in the middle of the ocean?

• Like 10
  • Applause 8
9 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

If Carlin is well enough to go on a cruise, why hasn't Evan gone back to work? There hasn't been a health update in a while. Carlin was supposed to go for some kind of test as an in-patient in the hospital, and they said it takes a long time to schedule, but now they never mention it. Should someone who has seizures be on a boat in the middle of the ocean?

Considering that many cruise passengers are older persons worse medical emergencies such as heart attacks and strokes are probably frequent. 

https://cruiseable.com/getting-sick-and-receiving-medical-care-on-cruise-ship

"On a medium to large cruise ship, the crew will include one or two doctors and several nurses who are most likely independent agents and not employees of the cruise line. The ship will also have a full-service infirmary, pharmacy and lab somewhere in the bowels of the ship, on one of the lower decks. The location makes it easier to transport patients off the ship quietly and privately if it becomes necessary.

...If your condition requires bed rest and monitoring by the ship’s medical crew, there are beds available in the infirmary, IV fluid therapy, defibrillators and heart monitors and other widely used medical equipment."

Just now, Dehumidifier said:

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

I'm guessing that Carlin's meds are: 1) helping her not have seizures anymore, 2) helps reduce them or 3) they just aren't talking about it when she has one.            She doesn't want to drive, as that would free Evan up to get a job away from her.  I believe that is not something that is Ok with her.  Cruises and traveling with Evan are just fine.  She doesn't ever want to be alone.  She doesn't know how.  And she hasn't seen a doctor in well over a month, right?  

I honestly can't believe they even mentioned having another baby right now.  They don't even have a handle on what is going on with her.  Also, they are very lucky that Zade is such a laid-back baby and not energetic.  I've never seen a baby at his age just want to be held and do nothing.  

• Like 9

They will have a video either that they are expecting baby #3 or Carlin had a seizure after returning home.   I would think, I would hope, if she is still having seizures they wouldn't try for a third kid at least at this time. But clicks are more important.  We know Evan has no intention of returning to work. 

• Sad 2
  • Useful 3
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There was a video where Carlin said she’s selling her car. I believe she said she probably won’t be driving for at least another 6 months.

So Evan will be going back to work in 6 months? 🤣

• LOL 11
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There was a video where Carlin said she’s selling her car. I believe she said she probably won’t be driving for at least another 6 months.

Yeah, she mentioned 6 months. That implies a recent "episode," although none have been mentioned for a while.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

She doesn't ever want to be alone.  She doesn't know how.  And she hasn't seen a doctor in well over a month, right?  

I agree. I think this all started shortly after Zade was born and Evan finished his training and was about to start full time employment. Carlin might have started having anxiety attacks and one thing led to another. I don't believe that she was faking the seizures but she soon realized that this would keep Evan home. She could have a problem where she becomes anxious and depressed and the constant need for entertainment and diversion is a result of her mental state. Either way things are not OK with her.  Evan has become her caregiver and she is totally dependent on having him constantly at her side. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
20 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No, they all get busty after nursing. None of them except Michael were notably busty before kids.

Like Robin Williams said “the titty fairy arrives overnight and all of a sudden you can’t touch them because they are for the baby.” Gosh do I miss that goofball. 

Maybe that is why Gil and JB kept their wives constantly pregnant. 

Luckily I just did a Costco run, no need to ask, and there’s plenty for everyone.

CB28FD82-2FCF-4BFF-A8B7-430323CF5C9F.jpeg.3436c944233a1d9ac4683ccfe713b895.jpeg

Edited by SMama
  • Like 2
  • LOL 10
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Considering that many cruise passengers are older persons worse medical emergencies such as heart attacks and strokes are probably frequent. 

https://cruiseable.com/getting-sick-and-receiving-medical-care-on-cruise-ship

"On a medium to large cruise ship, the crew will include one or two doctors and several nurses who are most likely independent agents and not employees of the cruise line. The ship will also have a full-service infirmary, pharmacy and lab somewhere in the bowels of the ship, on one of the lower decks. The location makes it easier to transport patients off the ship quietly and privately if it becomes necessary.

...If your condition requires bed rest and monitoring by the ship’s medical crew, there are beds available in the infirmary, IV fluid therapy, defibrillators and heart monitors and other widely used medical equipment."

Most, if not all cruise ships have full Morgues onboard - so many older people just cruise endlessly until their time comes.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
31 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Serious question:  Has Carlin had a boob job?

I thought this very same thought this morning.  Not just this picture but she was modeling a BSB dress and I was like, "wow, where did those come from?"

• Like 3

If anyone wants to see what happened on a cruise ship at the beginning of Covid read Cabin Fever. I would never ever step foot on a cruise ship after reading this. It is a horriIfying account of what happened to staff and passengers.  if not Covid it could be any number of viruses and this ship had nothing to help with Covid but cough medicine and Tylenol. Oxygen was extremely limited. People died on this ship.  Cruise ships are floating carriers of viruses. 

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Serious question:  Has Carlin had a boob job?

Lulz! I think it's a combo of nursing and padded bra. Fake boobs tend to sit really high, especially when they're new, and Carlin's have a natural droop. 

• Like 3

Selling the car - trying to drum up some cash huh? I mean if they were soooo rich as their reddit leghumpers claim, they would just keep an extra car sitting around for a while. Could also be a matter of selling that car to get some cash out of it and trading in their current SUV for the TESLA. 

Whatever the reason, I imagine that Carlin is probably happy they're selling the car bc in her mind this is now "final" and Evan CAN'T go back to work. I mean I'm sure it's never occurred to that dingbat that lots of families have just one car and it isn't unheard of for at least one spouse [and sometimes both] to actually go to work.

Anyone else getting Jill Duggar vibes from Carlin - but in reverse? I mean Jill was a clingy mess when she married - going to lunch at Derick's office daily, sometimes then spending the rest of the afternoon sitting in the parking lot waiting for 5 pm, and hanging out at the Duggar house for hrs so she wouldn't be alone. This went on for like 5 yrs as Derick left his job and took on all sorts of BS missionary work, divinity studies blah blah just so they'd be together 24-7. And then 4 or so yrs ago - he weaned her enough to go to law school!? Granted law school wasn't a job and it seems like he'd go to class but then spend much of the rest of his time studying at home. But it's like they were working to separate. She'd often sit in his home office as he studied - he'd read his thing, she'd read the bible or whatever so they'd be together but not interacting. And now he's gone off to work as an Asst District Atty - a full time in person job so Jill deals with 9-5 + commute time with just her and the kids.

Why the hell can't Carlin handle this?? I mean she'd wake up daily at 6 am crying and asking Evan not to go to school/apprenticeship?? And what has happened to the Bates family that she can't just go park herself there for the day - the way Jill did when she was at her worst? Are G&K to the point in parenting where it's like GTFO - you are your husband's problem, you can't even hang out here when you have anxiety?

Though let's be real this likely started a decade+ ago - as Gil has said before Carlin always had anxiety. You know G&K did nothing besides yell at her to pray it away/she should be grateful. I mean forget therapy but at no time did they likely have conversations with her, try to make her feel secure, maybe think that some structure etc. could be good for her. Nope PRAY. 

Carlin needs therapy - and not from that creepy pastor [and how awkward when you're vacationing with the person] but a licensed professional. And maybe some parenting classes as they raise Layla the same way; I mean when she was jumping on Nene's couch as they were dumping her and they asked when she looked forward to doing with Nene the child said BRUSHING HER TEETH?? Uh the child is practically telling you she needs a routine.

• Like 8
13 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

If anyone wants to see what happened on a cruise ship at the beginning of Covid read Cabin Fever. I would never ever step foot on a cruise ship after reading this. It is a horriIfying account of what happened to staff and passengers.  if not Covid it could be any number of viruses and this ship had nothing to help with Covid but cough medicine and Tylenol. Oxygen was extremely limited. People died on this ship.  Cruise ships are floating carriers of viruses. 

Agree. I wouldn’t go on a cruise if you paid me.

• Like 9

I wonder if C&E have gotten a taste for cruises - as well as a taste for the free champagne at Captain's Night. I agree with those who have said that the experience was probably lost on them. Much like the social influencer depicted in the Oscar nominated movie Triangle of Sadness. The protagonist won a cruise on a luxury ship but spent the entire time taking selfies and videos to post.

Full disclosure: I travel a lot by ship. Sure, I fly as well but given the difference in crowded environments as well as the  ill-mannered fellow flyers who think nothing of engaging in fistfights or, threatening crew with weapons if they don't get their way - give me a ship any day.

Most, if not all cruise ships have full Morgues onboard - so many older people just cruise endlessly until their time comes

.And because I have sailed (not cruised) a lot, I thought I would share one of the old tropes about steamship travel before the advent of air conditioning.  When travelling through hot climates and when bananas are available at every meal and in many desserts it means that the morgue is full and the cooler needs to be cleared.

To get to the medical office on one of my favorite ships go to C-6. (Elevator C deck 6 - or seasicks.)

My Godmother died in her sleep on Queen Mary 2 just off the coast of Iceland. Her life-time companion who was with her said that it was handled impeccably with great care and concern.

• Like 4
  • Useful 7

Re: C&E selling Carlin's Versa. That was the car the FF texted Evan abut while engaging in his horrific behavior. So they bought it after they were married.

They also bought the Explorer, their family car, from a Duggar. IIRC they flew to Arkansas, drove it home, then one of them wrecked it the first week. 

I don't get that Carlin said the Versa was her first adult purchase other than her education. 

I was not aware Evan drove the Versa to work and can imagine the ribbing he got from his coworkers. He filmed in the car occasionally, and did a good job not giving away how small the space was.

Evan didn't bring a car when they married?  I can see Carlin using one of the many junkers the Bates own. But Evan had a 9-5 job, he certainly must have had transportation.

23 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I agree. I think this all started shortly after Zade was born and Evan finished his training and was about to start full time employment. Carlin might have started having anxiety attacks and one thing led to another. I don't believe that she was faking the seizures but she soon realized that this would keep Evan home. Evan has become her caregiver and she is totally dependent on having him constantly at her side. 

And Leisure Boy seems to be getting tired of that dependency as evidenced by his snarky, and at times mean comments. What Evan does not seem to get tired of is sitting around doing nothing, pretending to be a YouTube star.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I agree. I think this all started shortly after Zade was born and Evan finished his training and was about to start full time employment. Carlin might have started having anxiety attacks and one thing led to another. I don't believe that she was faking the seizures but she soon realized that this would keep Evan home. She could have a problem where she becomes anxious and depressed and the constant need for entertainment and diversion is a result of her mental state. Either way things are not OK with her.  Evan has become her caregiver and she is totally dependent on having him constantly at her side. 

I think it started earlier than that.  She got VERY clingy to Evan while pregnant with Zade.  Cried all the time.  Didn't want him to go to school/work.  

22 hours ago, moonchild81 said:

isn't josie top heavy too

Yes, very much so.  But Josie always has been.  Carlin, not so much. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I think it started earlier than that.  She got VERY clingy to Evan while pregnant with Zade.  Cried all the time.  Didn't want him to go to school/work.  

Yes, very much so.  But Josie always has been.  Carlin, not so much. 

I don't think I was paying much attention back then. It sounds like Carlin really needs a good therapist. In fact they both do at this point, because he's quite the enabler. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

How did I miss this? Did they discuss the crying and clingy antics on their videos? 

Another good reason why these two should have waited to have kids at all. Maybe Carlin was aware of how she was flailing with just one kid and the idea of a newborn added to the mix scared the daylights out of her. As other have noted not a good situation for someone with a long history of untreated anxiety. 

• Like 6

Yeah they were somewhat open re her crying and antics in their own effed up way. She set up the camera one morning at 6 am showing her weeping away hugging Evan as he tried to leave 🙄. And then Evan mentioned at some point that it's like every morning at 5-6 am when he was getting ready to leave, she'd beg him to stay. And a YT video where they went ON and ON regarding Carlin's anxiety being thru the roof and how she feels she ought to be grateful blah blah - it was re house buying but more generally re anxiety and she was pregnant then too. So either something hormonal in pregnancy triggered the anxiety. Or maybe life just triggered the anxiety bc they could barely handle one kid and here was kid #2 + a mortgage on the way -- but uh who told you to get pregnant and buy a house? It's your problem if you did that bc you just needed attention from the Bates family to turn back to you for 15 seconds . . . .

She clearly has problems. At some point last yr - and probably out of anxiety - she was pestering Layla ALL THE TIME re being best friends. She'd be prompting Layla to say that mommy was her best friend - like we ain't moving until you say it.

She seems deeply insecure and clearly marriage to Evan does not provide that security. Honestly I think Katie [and prob other sisters too] have the same type of insecurities - yet being married to Trav and having his parents around seems to have provided her some security bc she seems more "settled" in the last yr than when she got married. G&K effed up their kids something good . . . Maybe the lack of security from Evan is bc he IS now kind of mean and snarky to her and seems sick of her. And Ms. Fundie sits there and takes it bc in the words of Anna Duggar - at least she has a man to take out the trash for her . . . LOL.

Yet if Evan is so sick of her dependence, why doesn't he start weaning her off like Derick Dillard did? It ain't gonna be a fast process so get started buddy. Though I guess the difference is Derick wanted to be out of the house doing something apart from Jill - law school + being a lawyer. Evan OTOH doesn't WANT to work, so Carlin is a nice excuse - and bc she's dependent and has to take his bitchiness, win win.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
17 minutes ago, cereality said:

Y

Yet if Evan is so sick of her dependence, why doesn't he start weaning her off like Derick Dillard did? It ain't gonna be a fast process so get started buddy. Though I guess the difference is Derick wanted to be out of the house doing something apart from Jill - law school + being a lawyer. Evan OTOH doesn't WANT to work, so Carlin is a nice excuse - and bc she's dependent and has to take his bitchiness, win win.

Derick also supported his wife receiving counseling which seemed to have helped her quite a bit.  I see Evan as thinking that it would be a waste of his time to drive her back and forth to counseling and sit around waiting for her to be done unless they were able to find someone willing to let them tape the sessions and put them online.

And whatever flaws he has, and he has many, Derick really does seem to have a work ethic and, though it took a few false turns, he has always been willing to work at a real job.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 11
  • Useful 3
Just now, Notabug said:

Derick also supported his wife receiving counseling which seemed to have helped her quite a bit.  I see Evan as thinking that it would be a waste of his time to drive her back and forth to counseling and sit around waiting for her to be done unless they were able to find someone willing to let them tape the sessions and put them online.

HAHAHA. Yep Evan would want Prince Harry type therapy - put it all out there for people to see and charge $39.99 admission. Honestly it wouldn't be a waste to drive her bc honestly he could probably use some therapy too. He clearly needs some lessons on how to be a stable husband/father/provider. And they could prob use some marital counseling too to talk about how marriage is not just playing house, which is what they've been doing; like they need to raise these damn kids they insist on having.

Jury is out on how much therapy Jill did. Some say oh it was just one court mandated session [IDK why - something about her brother's case] so that's all she did; but speculation is they did one mandatory session but kept at therapy by themselves long after the Duggar fam had laughed it off. In any event Jill and Derick seem like they work on their lives/marriage. She's constantly talking about - I worked through this workbook to write down my goals for next month, next yr etc. and then Derick and I did the same together etc. None of it is earth shattering but it shows some introspection which these dunces do not have.

I honestly think bc Carlin grew up in chaos, her way of coping with anxiety is just to distract herself - party party, vacation, road trip to NJ, road trip to inlaws. It's interesting how everyone has dropped them though - just a yr ago it was - oh staying up until 1 am at G&K's house playing board games or midnight ice cream with Z&W. Now they truly have to stay home and deal. Frankly I assume Carlin's hard to deal with when anxious, so Evan's all too happy to run off to his parents' - where Carlin will be in a better mood bc she'll be around other ppl besides just him.

Frankly I'm willing to bet when she was a teen/preteen and exhibiting anxiety, all G&K ever did was yell at her to pray/be grateful and distract her - oh look your brothers are playing broom ball or whatever outside, let's go watch . . . conversation over. That sort of thing works for a 4 yr old not a 14 yr old but hey who cares it shut her up which is all G&K wanted . . . .

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

And as someone who suffers from anxiety now and then, it doesn't matter what good stuff is going on in real life.  All that could be good, but the anxiety is inside my head.  I work on it. She doesn't know it happens and that someone could work on it. In various ways.  Sad.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
56 minutes ago, Notabug said:

And whatever flaws he has, and he has many, Derick really does seem to have a work ethic and, though it took a few false turns, he has always been willing to work at a real job.

Derick supported his wife getting free, short term, arbitration suggested/provided counseling to set boundaries with her parents. 

When we met Derick he was God bothering in Nepal. In the decade since he worked 12 months as an accountant and less than a year as a lawyer, so I'm going to wait at least 2 years before I deem his work ethic superior to Evan's.

IMO, the Stewarts definition of the word anxiety is not pathological. I think Carlin gets appropriately nervous over new and big changes. Carlin is also a big time exaggerator. She sees crying over Evan leaving as her expressing her undying love to him (and she's watching her help walk out the door).

To me its the same as Carlin's (and others'), I'm going to hold my babies extra tight, or the tears when she leaves her kids. Like really Carlin? There were days when I couldn't wait to get a break from my kids. But see, I didn't have to prove to anyone, including myself, that I loved them. 

With Carlin everything is BIG. Until its not. Then its gone, much like her episodes.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Carlin no doubt needs therapy. She also needs a husband who can tell her what's going on with you is not normal. They most likely wasted a ton of time going from Dr to Dr and not getting any answers to her problem. She needs to deal with why she is unable to be alone with her children. It is not normal for a woman of her age to be unable to function with out her husband by her side 24/7. And with Evan and his parents enabling her and her parents ignoring her real problems I don't see things getting any better.

What in the hell will happen to these people if the social media income dries up and the BSB is no longer profitable?  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I agree with all the above.

In regards to Carlin making mountains out of molehills, I'm reminded of a scene way back when the Bates had their TLC show. The family was staying in a hotel when tornado warnings and sirens started going off. Most of the kids took it in stride, but Erin went full damsel in distress, crying and hyperventilating until Gil came over and comforted her. I'm not saying she wasn't genuinely scared, but I also got the vibe she was playing it up to get her parents' attention. I can see Carlin following a similar path, where the only time she got noticed was when she was being extra dramatic. 

I do believe her anxiety is real, and like several of you just mentioned, Evan is enabling it for his own selfish reasons. As long as Carlin can't be left alone, he doesn't have to go back to work. Instead of trying to help her confidence, it's easier to drive to Nashville and dump the kids so he can play Top Golf. I'm sure his parents love spending time with Layla and Zade, but at some point they have to realize this isn't normal. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

What in the hell will happen to these people if the social media income dries up and the BSB is no longer profitable?  

Good point and that day will come. I was watching a rerun of Shark Tank on CNBC, and Daymond John (who made his fortune in apparel) was explaining to an entrepreneur why bad inventory management was going to kill her business. In a nutshell, large quantities of unsold product gradually start eating into profit. The effects might not be seen right away, but when you're talking x-number of dollars year after year, those losses pile up. I can absolutely see this happening with BSB. If the cash and carries are any indication, they've got tons of merchandise they haven't been able to get rid of. The longer it sits in the warehouse, the more it costs them and the less likely it is to sell, as styles become outdated. If they last another three years, I'd be shocked. 

As it stands now, I think Carlin and Evan are able to cobble together enough money from their hustles to sustain their lifestyle, but if one or the other goes, they're screwed. 

• Like 9

Erin going full on damsel in distress - even though she grew up in tornado country - is exactly what happens when you have so effing many kids that they don't get parental attention. Some decide they don't care for parental attention [Zach; Jackson], while others decide they'll do what they have to do for attention. It's also the reason all of the daughters are soooooo obsessed with finding a man and rushing down the aisle bc let's be real it allows them to be the center of their parents' attention from the time the guy arrives on the scene until they drive away from the reception - so usually like 6-9 months depending on length of courting/engagement/wedding planning. It's just that Carlin didn't think thru that once the wedding ends and G&K are gone - you're stuck with that husband and honeymoon baby.

15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I do believe her anxiety is real, and like several of you just mentioned, Evan is enabling it for his own selfish reasons. As long as Carlin can't be left alone, he doesn't have to go back to work. Instead of trying to help her confidence, it's easier to drive to Nashville and dump the kids so he can play Top Golf. I'm sure his parents love spending time with Layla and Zade, but at some point they have to realize this isn't normal. 

I'm sure his parents get it at some level even if they don't want to admit it. I mean they have 5 other kids - no one else is hanging out at their house all day. His sisters who are single appear to work. His sisters who are married may not work but are home making dinner and raising kids. Their other son and all the sons in law work. Uh yeah this isn't normal - doesn't matter how much the world has evolved with flexible work etc. It's not like Evan is remote working at a computer all day - he's primping for a camera all day showing off his sweatpants, hoping ppl will watch!?

While not fundie, they're conservative Christians too. They may not believe in therapy other than via pastor. Or maybe they do believe in therapy but suggesting it to Carlin/Evan runs the risk of them being highly offended so they keep shut.

It's interesting that Carlin hasn't "benefited" from being around Evan's parents - the way Katie has with Trav's parents. Though could be that's bc when she's there she's just there dumping the kids off, being loud and obnoxious etc. - not just quietly and calmly living their life for a while to see what normal life, normal family, conversation etc. look like.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick supported his wife getting free, short term, arbitration suggested/provided counseling to set boundaries with her parents. 

When we met Derick he was God bothering in Nepal. In the decade since he worked 12 months as an accountant and less than a year as a lawyer, so I'm going to wait at least 2 years before I deem his work ethic superior to Evan's.

IMO, the Stewarts definition of the word anxiety is not pathological. I think Carlin gets appropriately nervous over new and big changes. Carlin is also a big time exaggerator. She sees crying over Evan leaving as her expressing her undying love to him (and she's watching her help walk out the door).

To me its the same as Carlin's (and others'), I'm going to hold my babies extra tight, or the tears when she leaves her kids. Like really Carlin? There were days when I couldn't wait to get a break from my kids. But see, I didn't have to prove to anyone, including myself, that I loved them. 

With Carlin everything is BIG. Until its not. Then it’s gone, much like her episodes.

Experiencing anxiety is certainly not pathological at all, but this kind of hyberbolic behavior and especially the need to FILM it, is problematic, imo. 

• Like 12
9 minutes ago, cereality said:

It's interesting that Carlin hasn't "benefited" from being around Evan's parents - the way Katie has with Trav's parents. Though could be that's bc when she's there she's just there dumping the kids off, being loud and obnoxious etc. - not just quietly and calmly living their life for a while to see what normal life, normal family, conversation etc. look like.

It also helps that Travis is not an extreme extrovert like Evan. C&E not only constantly compete for mirror space but also for attention.

While Katie can match Carlin (or at least could pre birth), Travis is a calming influence, who surprisingly seems to know when to give in (yeah, let’s go to NYC), and when to say that’s not going to happen my love (ILY Day).

• Like 8
11 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Joy Forsyth should be delivering soon. Any bets on whether bestie Carlin, Evan, and their props kids will be traveling to visit before, during, and after? 

Evan is most likely scared of Austin, dude doesn’t play around. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8