Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

I'm kind of curious about these "friends." The two women in Carlin's reel looked considerably older than her. Where and when does she hang out with these people? She's never home for more than a week or two at a time. Are they Tikky-style stalkers who paid for the vacation? So many questions....

• Like 7

I did a little looking around and it seems that the cruise is for 4 nights.  Prices are all over the place but you can get deals where it is less than $800 a person. Add the probable Spirit flight to Miami and they probably didn't spend a ton of money. Their cabin did not look huge, but it did have a small balcony. I have never been on a cruise, but it is my understanding that balcony rooms tend to be more expensive than interior rooms or those with only a window.

Still don't understand how they can afford their lifestyle, but I'm guessing they found some cheap rates online- possibly at the last minute when the cruise line was scrambling to fill cabins.

I know they don't drink but I expect lots of photos of the buffets.

• Useful 4

We’re getting slammed with interest rate rises, high energy prices increased costs of everything in Australia

I just cannot understand how these two afford the life they lead 

I also can’t understand how they feel they need to ‘get away’ when they do no work 

They really are completely blind to what most people are going through, just to make stay on top of things, if I was ever a supporter of these loafers I’d be completely side eyeing them right now 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, Totally said:

We’re getting slammed with interest rate rises, high energy prices increased costs of everything in Australia

I just cannot understand how these two afford the life they lead 

I also can’t understand how they feel they need to ‘get away’ when they do no work 

They really are completely blind to what most people are going through, just to make stay on top of things, if I was ever a supporter of these loafers I’d be completely side eyeing them right now 

Yep, hence why many of us refuse to click on their ads or watch their monetized YouTube nonsense. Why contribute to that?

• Like 6
  • Applause 8

Norovirus frequently runs rampant on cruise ships.  It's only one of the many reasons my doctor advised me to never go on one.

Hopefully since Carlin is probably on only a very short cruise she won't need any of the medical services onboard.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

So I've never been on a cruise - for those that have been - I assume there are definitely multiple bars on board and maybe even some clubs, right? I can't imagine that the young people of Walmart crowd on a ship isn't gonna get their drink on outside of just at meal time and once night falls, the pool scene has to shift someplace else.

So Evan and Carlin who LOVE to brag about how much they PARTY PARTY with Evan screaming LET'S GOOOOOO as he stuffs himself full of Cheez Its at Katie's house or baked goods and hot chocolate at his moms house, should check out a REAL party. 

As I say about them and college, if they showed up at a college party on Friday night or at a club, they'd run away in 20 min - as they see guys and girls unmarried [gasp] suggestively grinding on each other; people who are black out drunk; people who may even offer them drugs; people who are scantily clad, tatooed, have purple hair, whatever.

Frankly even the scantily clad drunk pool scene with music blasting on a cruise may shock them a bit. I mean what if precious Evan pops a boner seeing a woman in a tiny bikini?? Though I imagine there are probably certain pools that are more family oriented or senior citizen oriented and they'll end up there.

I imagine this trip is gonna be a lot like their time in Vegas. They'll eat, walk around aimlessly, shoot content of the ship/buffets, hit a pool that's less overwhelming to them and film, and the rest of the time will be ordering pizza/room service with their "friends" and chilling in the cabin. Same thing they did in Vegas. The most non curious people on earth who spent most of their time at Vegas outside the clothing convention getting hotel Sbux and eating pizza in their room and to them that was a PARTY PARTY in Vegas LOL.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
On 3/9/2023 at 12:52 PM, zenme said:

Yes.  I'm wondering what the hell.  I work as a kindergarten teacher, dealing with kids smearing poop all over my class's bathroom walls, snotty noses, and lazy parents,  working on lesson plans all night, and then trying to go home and clean my actual house--that I live at...I'm happy just to have a margarita on a Friday night.  Carlin and Evan make me sick.

I know EXACTLY what you’re dealing with as a Kindergarten teacher and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for doing it.  You deserve better working conditions, a higher salary and parents who don’t send their kids to school for you to raise.  I’m sorry for the BS that you have to put up with, but I very much appreciate you.  Thank you again. ❤️

Edited by farmgal4
Left out a word
  • Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, zenme said:

Thank you for your kind words.  It means a lot.  Snarking on this board is also a nice little release and break, of sorts.  

Solidarity, fellow kinder teacher! At least I don't have the poop issues, just a poor girl with the worst eczema and parents who won't put her on meds. She has anti itch cream at the office, but the poor child is constantly running to the bathroom, messing with the paper towels, and spending most of her time scratching herself rather than working. 

/end rant 

• Hugs 2
  • Sad 15

Similar to what @Absolom said, the norovirus is also called the cruise ship illness. The ship becomes one big petri dish of germs. 

My friend and her husband both had it once on a cruise. I won't share the details, but they had a tough time being quarantined to their room with one tiny bathroom and stuff coming out of both ends. Hasn't stopped them from cruising though - they go 2 or 3 times a year.

C&K seemed to be attached at the hip anyway, so they're at least used to being in a bathroom together. 🤣

Hopefully Carlin's meds have a long half-life if she gets it.

• Like 7

There are a few opportunities on a ship to have free champagne. I can't help but wonder if they will be giving it a try. After all, they are no longer following a lot of Bates family fundie rules.

BTW, Norovirus is usually contracted by contacting surfaces that have virus particles and transferring them to mouth or nose. All one has to do is practice good hygiene when aboard. Wash hands, don't touch handrails or elevator buttons and then eat without washing hands. When there is an outbreak people are not allowed to serve themselves on the buffet line and plates are filled by buffet staff.

• Useful 3
6 hours ago, cereality said:

So I've never been on a cruise - for those that have been - I assume there are definitely multiple bars on board and maybe even some clubs, right? I can't imagine that the young people of Walmart crowd on a ship isn't gonna get their drink on outside of just at meal time and once night falls, the pool scene has to shift someplace else.

So Evan and Carlin who LOVE to brag about how much they PARTY PARTY with Evan screaming LET'S GOOOOOO as he stuffs himself full of Cheez Its at Katie's house or baked goods and hot chocolate at his moms house, should check out a REAL party. 

As I say about them and college, if they showed up at a college party on Friday night or at a club, they'd run away in 20 min - as they see guys and girls unmarried [gasp] suggestively grinding on each other; people who are black out drunk; people who may even offer them drugs; people who are scantily clad, tatooed, have purple hair, whatever.

Frankly even the scantily clad drunk pool scene with music blasting on a cruise may shock them a bit. I mean what if precious Evan pops a boner seeing a woman in a tiny bikini?? Though I imagine there are probably certain pools that are more family oriented or senior citizen oriented and they'll end up there.

I've done a few cruises, and the Caribbean ones, especially, are quite boozy.  There are quite a few people who like the idea of getting their drink on in the relative safety of a cruise ship and being able to walk from the bar to their bed without crossing streets, driving the car or otherwise endangering themselves or others.  At the pool during the day, there is often a DJ/cruise director who hosts various poolside competitions and events, many of them centered around drinking and/or with cocktails or other liquor as prizes.

For a significant proportion of the cruise crowd, drinking is a major part of their vacation activities.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, Me from ME said:

There are a few opportunities on a ship to have free champagne. I can't help but wonder if they will be giving it a try. After all, they are no longer following a lot of Bates family fundie rules.

BTW, Norovirus is usually contracted by contacting surfaces that have virus particles and transferring them to mouth or nose. All one has to do is practice good hygiene when aboard. Wash hands, don't touch handrails or elevator buttons and then eat without washing hands. When there is an outbreak people are not allowed to serve themselves on the buffet line and plates are filled by buffet staff.

I don't think avoiding it is quite that easy and the staff gets it too. Like many viruses, folks are usually contagious a day or two prior to having symptoms. If covid taught us anything we now know touching surfaces and touching your face happens a lot, without even realizing it. And gloved staffed means hardly anything, because really, have you ever watched anyone put on rubber gloves? And then staff staff touches contaminated surfaces with their gloves on and touch other surfaces, etc. And ships are huge with lots of staff and guests, so cleaning surfaces is akin to vacuuming while a toddler walks around with a bag of chips.

And then if you add Carlin to the equation - forget it. That woman touches her face and hair like its her job, never mind her grimy phone and all the make up she herself would contaminate.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

One only has to read the responses on Reddit from the leg humpers to know where their money comes from.  The ones watching every Youtube video, clicking the links for what they are shilling and buying the shitty clothes from the boutique.  They have drank the Koolaid and love them.  All of that adds up, and affords them to do, and travel, where they want.  With that money, and whatever they put on credit, it doesn't surprise me at all.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
On 3/10/2023 at 2:29 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Solidarity, fellow kinder teacher! At least I don't have the poop issues, just a poor girl with the worst eczema and parents who won't put her on meds. She has anti itch cream at the office, but the poor child is constantly running to the bathroom, messing with the paper towels, and spending most of her time scratching herself rather than working. 

/end rant 

And thank you, as well!! ❤️

• Love 1
On 3/10/2023 at 7:30 PM, Me from ME said:

How hilarious would it be if we found out that they’re having wild, liquored-up sex 3 x’s/day?!?! 🥴🍻

• LOL 2
16 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

One only has to read the responses on Reddit from the leg humpers to know where their money comes from.  The ones watching every Youtube video, clicking the links for what they are shilling and buying the shitty clothes from the boutique.  They have drank the Koolaid and love them.  All of that adds up, and affords them to do, and travel, where they want.  With that money, and whatever they put on credit, it doesn't surprise me at all.

I agree. They'll make enough money from their clicks to pay off this cruise before one can say YouTube.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

How hilarious would it be if we found out that they’re having wild, liquored-up sex 3 x’s/day?!?! 🥴🍻

More like sickening 🤮 . Pass the brain bleach!

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I am sure when Carlin announces her inevitable next pregnancy, we will get details about how steamy the sex was onboard the ship.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 4
49 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I am sure when Carlin announces her inevitable next pregnancy, we will get details about how steamy the sex was onboard the ship.

I agree and I think one is definitely coming. Katie just had a baby, Lydia is pregnant, Jackson is engaged and Alyssa is due within the next few weeks. With every big announcement, the Stew Crew gets pushed further and further down the pecking order. 

I also think E&C have a hard time accepting life can be pretty mundane. They're always chasing the high. The only problem is once you've hit all the big milestones (engagement, wedding, first baby, home purchase, first baby of the opposite gender, etc.) you run out of material. That's why Carlin's attempts to turn low-key events into party, party, PARTY!!!! are so cringeworthy and embarrassing. For all her Instagram talk about cherishing the small moments, she really doesn't. For example, she just waxed poetic about the memories they'd make in their newly designed backyard, then the next day they're dumping the kids in Nashville and flitting off on vacation. If I have to guess, they'll be back in New Jersey before long as well. They just can't find contentment within their own home and family. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

They just can't find contentment within their own home and family. 

That is so true, of both of them. If one of them enjoyed home life and the kids they have, then I would have hope for them. But with both of them always seeking happiness elsewhere, I see trouble ahead. I don't mean affairs, I just mean 2 unhappy parents and how that will affect their children's happiness. 

• Like 12

Like @BitterApple said, the Stewarts have hit the big milestones already.

The 'untils' in grown-up life are now fewer and farther between. And as most adults know, the 'untils' aren't usually as magical as we hope they will be.

I can't wait until we're married, I can't wait until we get pregnant... Waiting for an 'until' means one is not really living because they're always waiting.

The best advice my MIL gave was, life isn't a dress rehearsal.

Carlin and Evan will never get that.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2

I think of the Bates grandchildren I worry the most about Layla and Zade for the reasons you all have covered. C&E are constantly looking for the next high and it will always take more to give them the fix they crave. Both are inattentive parents so the kids have no one other than Evan’s family.

I know Travis is very young, just celebrated his 22nd birthday. But there’s a difference the way he looks so besotted over his little girl. When he held her for the first time he said it was the first time he felt comfortable holding a baby. He did look at ease. I wish I could say the same about C&E. Holding the babies like a sack of potatoes and barely paying attention to them. That’s what happens when you are not ready for marriage, let alone parenthood. 

ETA: Skipping ILY day is also another positive for K&T’s priorities.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 10

Poor Layla and Zade. Sadly they likely get more attention when the cameras are on them, than they normally do. They are little props. Not that I think C&E don't love them, because I believe they do, but they're just shitty parents.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, writerwoman said:

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/influencer-parents-children-social-media-impact

Many on here have said that Layla and the Zadertot might one day not appreciate having their gingerbread house meltdowns and diaper blowouts monetized and here’s a look into the sad future of that.

C&E were lighting fast finding an excuse to throw away five years of training to make a living vlogging. Thankfully for Layla and Zade their parents’s star is fading fast as they clearly struggle with content.  Who knew there would be an advantage of having duds as parents. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, writerwoman said:

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/influencer-parents-children-social-media-impact

Many on here have said that Layla and the Zadertot might one day not appreciate having their gingerbread house meltdowns and diaper blowouts monetized and here’s a look into the sad future of that.

I think among Duggar & Bates children and grandchildren, along with the children of other influencers, there are many candidates for future lawsuits or at least estrangement from their parents. It's just not right and could be unsafe to post every moment of a child's life on SM.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
20 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I think among Duggar & Bates children and grandchildren, along with the children of other influencers, there are many candidates for future lawsuits or at least estrangement from their parents. It's just not right and could be unsafe to post every moment of a child's life on SM.

Embarrassing one's spouse and children on "reality" TV certainly didn't turn out well for KHate Gosselin. Last I heard, she was back to working as a nurse. No more giant mansion for her. 

Back on topic, I bet that if Carlin isn't pregnant soon, she will come up with either more "episodes" or some other make-believe illness just to get the focus back on herself. She's probably reading the medical mystery columns in the Washington Post and New York Times to get ideas (except those illnesses are real). 

Edited by Heathen
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Embarrassing one's spouse and children on "reality" TV certainly didn't turn out well for KHate Gosselin. Last I heard, she was back to working as a nurse. No more giant mansion for her. 

Back on topic, I bet that if Carlin isn't pregnant soon, she will come up with either more "episodes" or some other make-believe illness just to get the focus back on herself. She's probably reading the medical mystery columns in the Washington Post and New York Times to get ideas (except those illnesses are real). 

No way is Carlin literate enough to read and comprehend those newspapers. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
35 minutes ago, AstridM said:

No way is Carlin literate enough to read and comprehend those newspapers. 

Maybe Giggle Boy can interpret the articles for her, when he's not doing his hair! 

• LOL 3

Ok, so in the last year or so, here is what they have spent money on:

• Their first house bought at the height of the market so really overpriced.
  • Lots of stuff for the house including a giant TV, expensive sectional sofa, giant selfie mirror, and expensive dining (or dinning) room table.
  • Lots of vacations and trips to his family and Katie's house.  Even if they drive all that adds up because gas is expensive.
  • Lots of trips to various fast food and coffee places and countless mani pedis.
  • Lots of trips to Target and other big box stores to buy more crap they don't need.
  • Multiple trips to the ER (those aren't free) and consults with doctors and expensive medical tests to diagnose Carlin's episodes.

Even if they are taking a 4 night cruise, all of that adds up given everything else they have blown money on.

As far as boozing on cruises, there is definitely more on Caribbean cruises and especially the shorter ones like they are going on.  I have never been on anything shorter than 7 nights because I am not into that sort of thing.  I have been on Celebrity and it is more expensive, but they could have snagged a last minute deal.  Not sure since this is spring break time.  A friend of mine had to make an unplanned trip to Florida recently and said everything was more expensive because of spring break.

Finally, aren't Evan's parents getting fed up with having the kids dumped on them?  I know they are their grandchildren, but it seems like they are raising them at this point because Carlin and Evan don't want to be bothered.  They may have to sit these two down and tell them some home truths soon.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

So the cruise took off Thursday and was supposed to be 4 days - so I guess they'll resurface tomorrow/Tuesday. Assuming they don't putter around Fla longer and head up to Orlando bc hey Mama B is there, look for a teary reunion with the kids in Nashville.

I'm convinced they used this cruise to make a baby. I mean how else to turn the attention to them and grow YT views but for high risk dr appts, gender reveals, baby showers blah blah.

I mean they may show up with bells on after Alyssa has the boy - though maybe not Alyssa is really strict about people being around after birth. They'll probably run back to NJ in a month or two and be bored bc K&T are now all about their baby and are not going to be as apt to run off to NYC on a Thursday night to eat pizza but rather will be worrying about their baby's evening feeding and bed time. So what else is there??

45 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Finally, aren't Evan's parents getting fed up with having the kids dumped on them?  I know they are their grandchildren, but it seems like they are raising them at this point because Carlin and Evan don't want to be bothered.  They may have to sit these two down and tell them some home truths soon.

Who knows what Evan's parents are really thinking. It could be anything from - I'm really sick and tired of this; to - we miss our grandkids sooooo much bc they live sooooo far away; or something more pragmatic like - this effing sucks but we know C&E weren't ready for kids/are bad parents, so we have to step in when they're with us and finish potty training them, give them full meals, engage with them bc they don't get this stuff at home.

After Christmas when they stuck around for another 10 days for no apparent reason, there was one night where C&E posted at maybe 7-8 pm -- Mama Stewart was sitting on the couch holding Zade, sleeping HARD. Like you could see the exhaustion of someone who had put 3 meals on the table, cleaned up after every meal, and deal with feral kids bc by 8 pm she was DONE. And apparently even then C&E thought to take pics of her, rather than take Z from her and be like - you should go to bed?!

His parents strike me as southern passive aggressive polite. Like I don't see them saying to C&E that this is too much and they can't deal with the entire fam spending 10 days per month with them, expecting full meal service, while contributing nothing. Frankly they're even less apt to do this with a son's kids, where the DIL could just be like fine we don't need to see YOUR parents, we'll just hang out at G&K's locally all the time. I see more passive aggressive "hinting" - and the thing is users don't take hints . . . .

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

On the latest YouTube video it looked like Carlin and Evan were driving around their old neighborhood, you know, the good old days. No mention of, oh my brother and SIL live here now. C&E acted like they hadn’t been there since they moved.  No invites from Trace & Lydia I guess. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
41 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

On the latest YouTube video it looked like Carlin and Evan were driving around their old neighborhood, you know, the good old days. No mention of, oh my brother and SIL live here now. C&E acted like they hadn’t been there since they moved.  No invites from Trace & Lydia I guess. 

It was a work day. Trace and maybe even Lydia were probably working. They just mentioned they were there because the DMV was nearby. 

I’m a travel advisor for a living. This trip was not cheap. The schools in the Nashville area are on break this week along with many MANY colleges. And -  Celebrity isn’t a cheap cruise line. The only thing I noticed is they didn’t spring for the Wi-Fi package (which isn’t cheap !) 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It was a work day. Trace and maybe even Lydia were probably working. They just mentioned they were there because the DMV was nearby. 

I meant it seemed like they have never been to Trace and Lydia’s since they moved. Of course, with so many siblings they probably don’t all go to each other’s houses. 

• Useful 1
On 3/12/2023 at 12:24 PM, BetyBee said:

That is so true, of both of them. If one of them enjoyed home life and the kids they have, then I would have hope for them. But with both of them always seeking happiness elsewhere, I see trouble ahead. I don't mean affairs, I just mean 2 unhappy parents and how that will affect their children's happiness. 

It’s easy to travel with one. A bit harder with two and nearly impossible with three so we’ll see!

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

6D934CA4-409F-42CF-BADD-7FECF96EB197.jpeg

Thankful they had some time for 'us'?  As far as I can tell, virtually all of their time is spent on 'us'.  If they need time as a couple, perhaps they could stay home for a while and get their kids on a regular schedule.  Nap time and early bedtimes for toddlers can free up some 'us' time regularly, as most parents know.

• Like 13
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2