Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, SMama said:

May I ask why? Just curious 😀.

Not sure... maybe because they look fake. Especially the bottom one, it looks a little too big, plump or whatever. Same goes for Josie. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

Not sure... maybe because they look fake. Especially the bottom one, it looks a little too big, plump or whatever. Same goes for Josie. 

Hasn’t Josie had Botox/fillers (and maybe even other work?)

56 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Haircut is cute, but what's the deal with that dumb effing smile with the little gap in the middle? 

This is my issue. Her hair is fine, lips are fine, but why the smug look?

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

That amount cut off could have been donated. They missed a chance for a video there.

When I checked to donate my daughter’s hair they would not accept/use treated hair (dyed, relaxed, etc). 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
37 minutes ago, SMama said:

When I checked to donate my daughter’s hair they would not accept/use treated hair (dyed, relaxed, etc). 

I thought of that but I think her hair was looking dark all the way to the bottom lately. [The bumpy ponytail at the hospital] Wasn't the blond she had at one point grown out?

9 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I thought of that but I think her hair was looking dark all the way to the bottom lately. [The bumpy ponytail at the hospital] Wasn't the blond she had at one point grown out?

Not all of it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Katie does it, too. It's practiced, and they do look fake. 

• Like 5
9 hours ago, SMama said:

She went for the mom haircut (her words), I think it looks great.

E52B6F52-8016-48E6-8337-88EC1E5C5256.thumb.jpeg.f0da83f931313e50e17205e4794a4398.jpeg

I think that's a terrible haircut!  Look at the ends.  Looks like she took scissors and chopped it off!  Very uneven!  Did she cut her own hair?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

The first time that I saw Kelly was on the Duggar show. And the first thing that i noticed was her large lower lip. I thought it made her so unattractive. As she has aged and has a fuller face I don't notice her lip anymore. I think that Carlin and Josie definitely have inherited that lip ad maybe Addee. 

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I think these ladies have "enhanced" their lips. Not a good look IMO. In some photos it looks like their lips were stung by a bee.

Yes, yes, yes! That's it exactly!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I think these ladies have "enhanced" their lips. Not a good look IMO. In some photos it looks like their lips were stung by a bee.

They definitely pose to make their lips look bigger. I like the look of having bigger lips, but I also don't practice posing that stupid expression to achieve the look. They're as fake as Kartrashians. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, TheDisneyQueen said:

I hope this is a toy and not one of the gadgets used for a pedicure 

188C5AE6-2337-43F8-9D5F-FA886AF66CAA.jpeg

It's not a toy. It's a pedicure toe separator. Outstanding parenting there, Stewarts. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 2
On 2/28/2023 at 12:49 PM, ranchgirl said:

There was also a video of Layla telling us what she carried in her purse.  It is my opinion that the child had a pull up on. Or her underwear is really bulky.  It appeared the family was just hanging at the house at the moment, wouldn't that be a time when a mom who is consistent in potty training her 3 year old (who was killin' it last week) would have her not be in a pull up?   Maybe she leaves her in a pull up all the time, just in case of an accident?  

I watched the video that you’re referring to about 5 times, because I thought it was cute and I love Layla and her sweet little voice.  I’m betting my bank account that Layla was wearing a Pull-Up in that video.  I noticed it right off the bat.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I watched the video that you’re referring to about 5 times, because I thought it was cute and I love Layla and her sweet little voice.  I’m betting my bank account that Layla was wearing a Pull-Up in that video.  I noticed it right off the bat.

Let’s face it, C&E are lazy AF. It’s very on brand for them to keep Layla in pull-ups until she is potty trained fully, day and night.

I used them with SBaby on long car drives, flying, and overnight. At home she was either naked from the waist down (she was the littlest nudist), or wore panties. 

C&E like K&G are going to do what’s best for them not what’s best for their children. Thanks to their money tree they don’t have to worry about the cost of pull-ups. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Let’s face it, C&E are lazy AF. It’s very on brand for them to keep Layla in pull-ups until she is potty trained fully, day and night.

I used them with SBaby on long car drives, flying, and overnight. At home she was either naked from the waist down (she was the littlest nudist), or wore panties. 

C&E like K&G are going to do what’s best for them not what’s best for their children. Thanks to their money tree they don’t have to worry about the cost of pull-ups. 

I can’t imagine how they are funding their lifestyle.

• Like 9
15 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I can’t imagine how they are funding their lifestyle.

I'm starting to wonder if his parents are giving them money. Or they're skimming off the top (Whitney too) at the boutique. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

I'm starting to wonder if his parents are giving them money. Or they're skimming off the top (Whitney too) at the boutique. 

Anybody have any idea how much that boutique pulls in every year?

• Like 2

I know the mark-up on their cheap clothes is high because most of their prices are higher than Old Navy and Target, but its crazy to me that BSB can support two families and 3 or 4 more employees. I'm actually surprised they're still in business.

IMO, the majority of C&E's income is from shilling, but that doesn't explain Z&W as Whitney hardly shills, but other than their house, they don't seem to spend money like the Stewarts.

But then I look at Jessa (Duggar) and Ben. He has a pastor's salary and Jessa doesn't shill that much and they seem to be fine too.

I think shilling, especially subscription type shilling, brings in more money than many of us care to realize.

• Like 9

Because I have nothing better to do on. Saturday evening, I looked at some old photos of Carlin and her top lip is much fuller than it used to be, I didn’t think she had anything done to her lips but I do now

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I know the mark-up on their cheap clothes is high because most of their prices are higher than Old Navy and Target, but its crazy to me that BSB can support two families and 3 or 4 more employees. I'm actually surprised they're still in business.

IMO, the majority of C&E's income is from shilling, but that doesn't explain Z&W as Whitney hardly shills, but other than their house, they don't seem to spend money like the Stewarts.

But then I look at Jessa (Duggar) and Ben. He has a pastor's salary and Jessa doesn't shill that much and they seem to be fine too.

I think shilling, especially subscription type shilling, brings in more money than many of us care to realize.

Or there are other sources of employment we are unaware of too.  We see some of what they put out there.  The rest of their lives are unaccounted for, as in we don't know if Ben has another job in say, a windshield repair office for example.  Or Zach works more hours than they reveal on social media.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I wouldn't buy or wear any of those dresses.

I see they're all doing the crossed-at-the-ankles thing that is supposed to make your hips and legs look slimmer. I do the same thing. But not a single one of those dresses is flattering. 

Is that the dress Carlin wore in the Layla-ballerina photos? It looks familiar. 

• Like 6
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

I wouldn't buy or wear any of those dresses.

They’re so ugly and unflattering.

11 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I see they're all doing the crossed-at-the-ankles thing that is supposed to make your hips and legs look slimmer. I do the same thing. But not a single one of those dresses is flattering. 

Is that the dress Carlin wore in the Layla-ballerina photos? It looks familiar. 

They look like clowns, lol. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
28 minutes ago, floridamom said:

What does BSB have these dressed selling for? IMO, they are not better quality than the WalMart dresses. Just a big mark up for the "Bates" name I think.

Just a glance at their dress page suggests they are selling everything for $25-45, so higher than what's linked above at Walmart, Kohls, and JCP. Plus you pay 9.99 shipping, as BSB rarely offers free shipping - like when they do it's a big deal/big holiday sale type thing.

8 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Or there are other sources of employment we are unaware of too.  We see some of what they put out there.  The rest of their lives are unaccounted for, as in we don't know if Ben has another job in say, a windshield repair office for example.  Or Zach works more hours than they reveal on social media.

THIS. For Zach - yeah I do think he picks up more shifts at the sheriffs office than W lets on; she's not on IG all the time and when she is, Z isn't necessarily around, unlike Evan. Frankly he could be picking up a lot of overnight shifts and making time and a half overtime. I don't follow the Duggars much anymore but doesn't Ben have an insurance license? I believe he was studying for that soon after marriage. Given that some of these independent insurance brokerages are franchise, I wouldn't be surprised if one in town is owned by a sweet friend of the Duggars and Ben picks up some work there.

I know it's wrong to say it but I do think Evan/Carlin (and Z/W) are doing something shady financially. I've been a lawyer in the finance space + the corporate bankruptcy space including retail long enough to know that this life doesn't add up. And actually I DON'T think shilling pays more than we realize - I actually think it pays LESS than most people realize unless you have REAL fame, not just Kardashian but you were on a major show like the Bachelor and went onto be the top 4 contestants or something. I mean these people came from UPTv, don't even have the fame/followers of the Duggars and are CONSTANTLY being dropped by brands - like what's up with Cuts now, haven't heard about them for a while? 

Carlin is an idiot but Evan is savvy enough to have learned from Gil I bet. I bet they buy a ton of inventory, pay employees [though I highly doubt any employee is working this as more than a 10-20 hr/wk part time job] and oh look the boutique is showing a loss -- well our income is now under poverty, and we qualify for WIC, Medicaid, free kid insurance, child tax credits etc.; not saying it should be this way but these govt agencies are stretched thin, they aren't spending time on IG reviewing every applicant's lifestyle and noting that you get Sbux 4 times/day before approving you for WIC.

That sort of scam would keep their taxes low/zero + get them free benefits and THEN whatever money they make from shilling and YouTube is extra and funds the rest of their lives.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4

Small correction: Ben Seewald never had an insurance license. He was an office boy at an agency when he was in high school, then went to work with his father in the windshield repair business. Then he moved to the Duggar compound, and all that was forgotten. He went to work for JB doing handiwork (within his skill set...he has never been handy). 

The Seewalds' income stream is as mysterious as the Stew's. 

• Like 10
(edited)

As a retired CPA, BSB doesn’t give off profitable vibes to me. And I highly doubt they are correctly doing their taxes for either the business or their influencer income.  

Edited by ozziemom
Proper sentence would be nice
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
58 minutes ago, cereality said:

Frankly he could be picking up a lot of overnight shifts and making time and a half overtime.

People picking up shifts typically don't get paid overtime unless they rarely manage to get in over the usual 40 hours a week.  If he's pulling night shifts, he might get shift differential which unless it's an incredibly generous organization is not time and a half. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, cereality said:

Just a glance at their dress page suggests they are selling everything for $25-45, so higher than what's linked above at Walmart, Kohls, and JCP. Plus you pay 9.99 shipping, as BSB rarely offers free shipping - like when they do it's a big deal/big holiday sale type thing.

THIS. For Zach - yeah I do think he picks up more shifts at the sheriffs office than W lets on; she's not on IG all the time and when she is, Z isn't necessarily around, unlike Evan. Frankly he could be picking up a lot of overnight shifts and making time and a half overtime. I don't follow the Duggars much anymore but doesn't Ben have an insurance license? I believe he was studying for that soon after marriage. Given that some of these independent insurance brokerages are franchise, I wouldn't be surprised if one in town is owned by a sweet friend of the Duggars and Ben picks up some work there.

I know it's wrong to say it but I do think Evan/Carlin (and Z/W) are doing something shady financially. I've been a lawyer in the finance space + the corporate bankruptcy space including retail long enough to know that this life doesn't add up. And actually I DON'T think shilling pays more than we realize - I actually think it pays LESS than most people realize unless you have REAL fame, not just Kardashian but you were on a major show like the Bachelor and went onto be the top 4 contestants or something. I mean these people came from UPTv, don't even have the fame/followers of the Duggars and are CONSTANTLY being dropped by brands - like what's up with Cuts now, haven't heard about them for a while? 

Carlin is an idiot but Evan is savvy enough to have learned from Gil I bet. I bet they buy a ton of inventory, pay employees [though I highly doubt any employee is working this as more than a 10-20 hr/wk part time job] and oh look the boutique is showing a loss -- well our income is now under poverty, and we qualify for WIC, Medicaid, free kid insurance, child tax credits etc.; not saying it should be this way but these govt agencies are stretched thin, they aren't spending time on IG reviewing every applicant's lifestyle and noting that you get Sbux 4 times/day before approving you for WIC.

That sort of scam would keep their taxes low/zero + get them free benefits and THEN whatever money they make from shilling and YouTube is extra and funds the rest of their lives.

They would still get 1099 forms from YouTube and the companies they shill for and have to report it on their taxes. How would it be considered extra?

• Like 1

As far as taxes we have a family acquaintance in her 40s who has never filed a tax return. She has worked low pay jobs and the places report her income. She just never files.  And so far she has never been audited.  It's risky but she doesn't seem to care enough.  Also I don't think any Bates would take government aid of any kind. 

• Mind Blown 2
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

As far as taxes we have a family acquaintance in her 40s who has never filed a tax return. She has worked low pay jobs and the places report her income. She just never files.  And so far she has never been audited.  It's risky but she doesn't seem to care enough.  Also I don't think any Bates would take government aid of any kind. 

Does your family acquaintance have any assets?

I think that "boutique" is shady as hell.  Also thought I read that the girls working for them are interns, so no need to pay.  Whether that's true, or not, I'm not sure.   I'm so nosey, I'd like to see their tax returns, both Z&W and C&E.

I also still think Whitney had money from her Dad's death/life insurance. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3