Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

As far as taxes we have a family acquaintance in her 40s who has never filed a tax return. She has worked low pay jobs and the places report her income. She just never files.  And so far she has never been audited.  It's risky but she doesn't seem to care enough.  Also I don't think any Bates would take government aid of any kind. 

If her income is low and she is working on books she is may be actually passing up tax refunds by not filing. 

If you are owed a refund you are not required to file:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/dont-lose-your-refund-by-not-filing

"Many people may lose out on their tax refund simply because they did not file a federal income tax return. By law, they only have a three-year window from the original due date, normally the April deadline, to claim their refunds.

Some people may choose not to file a tax return because they didn't earn enough money to be required to file. Generally, they won't receive a penalty if they are owed a refund. But, they may miss out on receiving a refund."

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Useful 4
5 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

I think that "boutique" is shady as hell.  Also thought I read that the girls working for them are interns, so no need to pay.  Whether that's true, or not, I'm not sure.   I'm so nosey, I'd like to see their tax returns, both Z&W and C&E.

I also still think Whitney had money from her Dad's death/life insurance. 

There is a lot of opportunity to hide income with retail businesses, especially online ones.  Even if they are filing taxes, I don't think any of them are above cheating on their taxes,  If anything, I could see them feeling justified in not helping support government programs they don't like.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

There is a lot of opportunity to hide income with retail businesses, especially online ones.  Even if they are filing taxes, I don't think any of them are above cheating on their taxes,  If anything, I could see them feeling justified in not helping support government programs they don't like.

There is a lot of opportunity to hide income with CASH businesses. Their only cash receipts would be at their Cash & Carry events. Their online sales are certainly not cash and only a percentage of their in person event receipts would be cash.

Edited by Dehumidifier
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

One day they're too dumb and uneducated to breathe and the next day they can fool the IRS. 🙄

It’s not difficult to cheat on your taxes when 1099s and small businesses are involved. Even low IQ Carlin could do it. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

I think that "boutique" is shady as hell.  Also thought I read that the girls working for them are interns, so no need to pay.  Whether that's true, or not, I'm not sure.   I'm so nosey, I'd like to see their tax returns, both Z&W and C&E.

I also still think Whitney had money from her Dad's death/life insurance. 

I speculated a week or two ago that the girls working for them might be students working for college credit. It's not a known fact, just like them being tax evaders is not a known fact, though I'm sure in a few pages it will be considered to be.

Zach is a cop and Whitney has a real estate license. Tax evasion wouldn't be a good thing for them and with the amount of deductions they have with their family, why would they have to cheat?

As for Evan and Carlin it's more likely that they are in major debt and keep opening new accounts and transferring balances for some interest-free time.

Edited by Dehumidifier
typo
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

If her income is low and she is working on books she is may be actually passing up tax refunds by not filing. 

If you are owed a refund you are not required to file:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/dont-lose-your-refund-by-not-filing

"Many people may lose out on their tax refund simply because they did not file a federal income tax return. By law, they only have a three-year window from the original due date, normally the April deadline, to claim their refunds.

Some people may choose not to file a tax return because they didn't earn enough money to be required to file. Generally, they won't receive a penalty if they are owed a refund. But, they may miss out on receiving a refund."

Well, she just avoids the entire topic so I guess how it turns out remains to be seen.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

As for Evan and Carlin it's more likely that they are in major debt and keep opening new accounts and transferring balances for some interest-free time.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. I'd argue that of all the Bates marrieds, those two live the most frivolous, extravagant lifestyle. 

With regards to health insurance, I wonder if they only carry it for the adults (and in particular the wife who's spitting out babies every other year) and just wing it for the kids? That would explain how Erin, Tori and Whit afford all those hospital deliveries. 

• Useful 4

They probably all have insurance under the Affordable Care Act even if they don't want to admit it. As to whether they are cheating on their taxes, I am not going to go there as this is nothing more than speculation. I have no idea what their income or financial status is. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Notabug said:

If anything, I could see them feeling justified in not helping support government programs they don't like.

Or knowing they'd have to make major cutbacks if they didn't cheat er, cut corners. Cutbacks as in fewer vacations, fewer trips to Starbucks, Target, and the nail salon, maybe even *gasp!* coloring Carlin's hair at home. I think their mental health might take a big hit if they couldn't do all the things they think they're entitled to, like the aforementioned. 

I also think that them having significant credit card debt is quite likely. 

Maybe they'll be the first fundie "reality" bankruptcy. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

It is very easy to rack up credit card debt.  My card keeps raising my credit limit (needless to say I don't charge that much) and I suspect theirs does too.  They probably also have multiple cards including store cards like Target, etc.  I've had a couple of friends who had to dig out of large amounts of debt because they lost track of how much was being charged.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I’m sure they say yes anytime any company offers them a credit card. Keeping track of all that is definitely beyond Carlin and it’s starting to seem like Evan is just as clueless.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I just watched a few minutes of their newest YT video, and it was as boring as watching paint dry.  Evan gets on my last nerve.  

Evan seems more scattered, at times bordering on frantic. He’s bored out of his mind but not enough to work in his field at least part time. 

If K&T didn’t make it to ILY day Evan is going to be even more lost. They were their last playmates. Having five kids is going to slow down W&Z. Meanwhile Leisure Boy still is stuck in his Peter Pan stage, and it’s getting old. 

• Like 6
36 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I just watched a few minutes of their newest YT video, and it was as boring as watching paint dry.  Evan gets on my last nerve.  

I didn’t watch it, but I know I agree with you!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Those videos are all he's got. Well that and the stupid baseball cap. 

At least the cap partially covers the insane hair. 

1 hour ago, SMama said:

Ma’am, that’s known in the biz as B roll. 😂

Trash. 🤣

• Like 5

Carlin and Evan have dropped the kids off at his parents and are going somewhere that requires passports. 
Exciting content is coming! 🙄
Seriously, how can they afford this?  Backyard renovation by what looks like real contractors AND a trip? 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Useful 1

How long has it been since they've spent a full week in their home?

Yes, I admit it, I'm jealous that they get to travel as much as they do. I know a lot of the trips are to New Jersey and to Nashville but i haven't left the metro area in almost two years because of health, money and job issues.

• Like 11
  • Hugs 5
11 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

How long has it been since they've spent a full week in their home?

Yes, I admit it, I'm jealous that they get to travel as much as they do. I know a lot of the trips are to New Jersey and to Nashville but i haven't left the metro area in almost two years because of health, money and job issues.

Yes.  I'm wondering what the hell.  I work as a kindergarten teacher, dealing with kids smearing poop all over my class's bathroom walls, snotty noses, and lazy parents,  working on lesson plans all night, and then trying to go home and clean my actual house--that I live at...I'm happy just to have a margarita on a Friday night.  Carlin and Evan make me sick.

• Like 11
  • Hugs 7
  • Love 2

Wow. The joke must be on us and that Boutique is doing way better than we think, because it doesn't add up. Their YouTube views are steadily dropping. I'm not saying they don't make money from social media, but are they really making enough to afford mortgage, property taxes, homeowners insurance, health insurance, car insurance, cell phones, daily restaurant meals, daily Starbucks, gas, hair, nails, diapers and endless vacations? I know college-educated people making well into the six figures who don't blow money like this. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow. The joke must be on us and that Boutique is doing way better than we think, because it doesn't add up. Their YouTube views are steadily dropping. I'm not saying they don't make money from social media, but are they really making enough to afford mortgage, property taxes, homeowners insurance, health insurance, car insurance, cell phones, daily restaurant meals, daily Starbucks, gas, hair, nails, diapers and endless vacations? I know college-educated people making well into the six figures who don't blow money like this. 

Exactly.  It's not the fact that they're doing these things.  A lot of people do similar, but we never see them working! It's incredible.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Carlin and Evan have dropped the kids off at his parents and are going somewhere that requires passports. 
Exciting content is coming! 🙄
Seriously, how can they afford this?  Backyard renovation by what looks like real contractors AND a trip? 

Let the grandparents deal with potty training, right? They’ve got more vacations to take!

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

Are they taking a vacation out of desperation for more content? Will they try to write off all of the vacation expenses on their taxes as part of their “business?”

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Are they taking a vacation out of desperation for more content? Will they try to write off all of the vacation expenses on their taxes as part of their “business?”

It's funny because I was just about to ask that. If their "job" is content creation, can they write all this stuff off as a business expense? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I am beginning to think that Carlin and maybe Evan both have some kind of attention deficit disorder as they seem to be unable to just SIT DOWN for more than a couple of days in their own home and enjoy some peace and quiet. She (or they) seem to need constant movement; change and drama going on repeatedly in their daily, hectic lives. All this drama and hectic activity is unnecessary IMO. They also are immature and incapable of handling a "grown up" life.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

Yes.  She can't handle motherhood.  She's basically a teenager.  Motherhood is work.  There is a lot of joy but a heck of a lot of hard work. These kids--because that's what they are, are LAZY.  

• Like 10
(edited)

This is 100% for content with the added benefit of getting away from their kids and house that they HAD TO HAVE to prove that they're "adults". Let Nene deal with feeding Layla and completing potty training her and dealing with Zade's diapers for a few days/week; plus when they return I bet they stay with his fam for a few added days instead of running home - so boom few more days of meals and childcare covered. They had a few weeks of kid help plus company from Katie/Trav, dealt with their own home and life for barely 2 wks after that with ILY Day in the there and now what? Need more content. I mean even in the last 2 wks, their YT video has been a Week in the Life - uh who cares?? You know they're noticing that their current YTs are barely eeking out $500-750/wk and they have nothing else to put up there.

They are clearly treating this as their "business" and writing it off. Same way that Trav/Katie had said that he works a remote job in marketing that isn't for his dad's school/church. Then they come clean that his remote job in marketing = IG.

Cruises and the Bahamas can both be done on the cheap [relatively speaking - I mean it is CHEAPER to stay home]. Cheap trip satisfies their need to be on the go + get away from their house/kids + feel rich + generate some content. I'm going to guess they're headed to a cruise bc right now they're showing palm trees off the side of a highway which seems Florida-ish to me as they await their ship. IDK I feel like if they were in the Bahamas for a trip on land, wouldn't they be staying somewhere not off the side of a highway - or at least not showing it? People who do social media for a living are the masters at doing cheap things/staying in the same Hampton Inns and AirBnbs as everyone else but making them look soooo fancy and enviable.

So I guess the episodes aren't a worry? I mean this isn't exactly Goldman Sachs threatening to fire you if you don't go on a business trip to London so you just go and hope you are ok health wise bc you need to hold onto that high level job paying you a half million - this is a 100% voluntary unnecessary trip out of the country.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

They very well may not be able to afford it, but that doesn’t seem to stop a lot of people. I wouldn’t be surprised that they have a mound of debt and maxed out credit cards they’re paying the minimum on, if that. 

Watch C&E put out a video on how they live on a budget and manage to have everything they want, (except for that elusive Tesla!).

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

And what about "episodes" in a different country.  Uh what "episodes"

Seriously!  And if she even thinks about snorkeling or doing any such water sports, we will know that these episodes are completely made up and controlled by her whim.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

Yep they're on a cruise. Just posted videos from the port in Miami. And they're cruising with "friends" - who are these people, never seen them before?? I wonder if this is an IG, go on this cruise to promote our tropical clothing or something type of trip comped by some brand. LulaRoe was famous for those kinds of trips. People do those kinds of things and always spin it as - aw I was just on a cruise with friends.

And @judyjudyjudymakes a good point. If episodes are still an issue at all would you want to be on a BOAT likely making stops at islands? I mean what if you needed medical care, are boat drs. with limited facilities/equipment or small islands really what you look for? And she recently said that on their honeymoon she wanted to parasail or something but Evan was scared, so yeah if she's gonna do things like that or anything under water these episodes damn well better be cured.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, cereality said:

This is 100% for content with the added benefit of getting away from their kids and house that they HAD TO HAVE to prove that they're "adults". Let Nene deal with feeding Layla and completing potty training her and dealing with Zade's diapers for a few days/week; plus when they return I bet they stay with his fam for a few added days instead of running home - so boom few more days of meals and childcare covered. They had a few weeks of kid help plus company from Katie/Trav, dealt with their own home and life for barely 2 wks after that with ILY Day in the there and now what? Need more content. I mean even in the last 2 wks, their YT video has been a Week in the Life - uh who cares?? You know they're noticing that their current YTs are barely eeking out $500-750/wk and they have nothing else to put up there.

They are clearly treating this as their "business" and writing it off. Same way that Trav/Katie had said that he works a remote job in marketing that isn't for his dad's school/church. Then they come clean that his remote job in marketing = IG.

Cruises and the Bahamas can both be done on the cheap [relatively speaking - I mean it is CHEAPER to stay home]. Cheap trip satisfies their need to be on the go + get away from their house/kids + feel rich + generate some content. I'm going to guess they're headed to a cruise bc right now they're showing palm trees off the side of a highway which seems Florida-ish to me as they await their ship. IDK I feel like if they were in the Bahamas for a trip on land, wouldn't they be staying somewhere not off the side of a highway - or at least not showing it? People who do social media for a living are the masters at doing cheap things/staying in the same Hampton Inns and AirBnbs as everyone else but making them look soooo fancy and enviable.

So I guess the episodes aren't a worry? I mean this isn't exactly Goldman Sachs threatening to fire you if you don't go on a business trip to London so you just go and hope you are ok health wise bc you need to hold onto that high level job paying you a half million - this is a 100% voluntary unnecessary trip out of the country.

It can’t be that easy to simply take expensive trips, etc and write them all off because you call it your “business.” If it were we would all try it! 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Carnival is the "people of Walmart at Sea".More wet T-shirt contests, fist fights at the buffet and customers who try to find things about which to be outraged so they have their automatic tips removed.  Although also a mass cruise line, Celebrity is more upscale and expensive.

It remains to be seen what accommodations they are in. Also, if they are sharing a cabin with friends.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1