Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E22: Truth Hurts

druzy
  • Start Topic

Sean refuses to let Jade get her things from their house, so she goes to the police. Leah gets some shocking news about her sister. Javi and Lauren are rocked by an on-camera revelation from Kailyn. Briana and John visit the Dominican Republic.

Airs October 1, 2019

• Love 1

When I watch the likes of Jade and Victoria, I wonder how our society manages to function. I just wanted to rip that adorable, chubby baby out of Jade's arms as she went on her rant and said "motherfucker" every other word. What absolute trash.

Not a bad deal for Jon. Pretend to like Briana and get a free Dominican vacation. He couldn't look more disinterested if he tried.

ViVi is freaking adorable, as is Watson. 

The cops showed remarkable restraint. I would've punched Jade's mother in the face. 

• Love 18

So how do you go from not wishing any harm on Lauren and basically treating her with indifference  to going out of your way to embarrass her on national TV? 

Wouldn't  Kail allowing her little Oompa Loompa to run around on the mat during a lesson be a liabilty issue for the school?

I am so numb to Jade's situation because I have a caseload full of Jades!

The way Victoria just causually dismissed having unprotected sex with a stranger...the common sense isn't  well in Leah's family.

Cole looked so cute in his man-romper!

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

I never thought the day would come when Leah could tell someone that they need to start making better choices, but apparently if you are a "grown-a**" woman who has unprotected sex with a Costa Rican tour guide you just met, this is in fact perfectly reasonable advice.   

• Love 20

I bet Leah loves having her sister on the show. She looks so much better next to Victoria's messy ass. 

Speaking of messy, here comes Kail. Everybody wants to fuck Kail, apparently. But that Javi is above such things; but I feel like Kail made that up to make Chris jealous.

Brianna doesn't think it's necessary to tell Nova that the guy she's been bringing around for a year is her boyfriend... She'll just tell her when they suddenly move in together. What the what? 

Jade's situation is a nightmare. On the one hand, she should have never called 911 to begin with. That was not an emergency situation. She could have called them in the moment, when violence was happening in the home. She could have refused to leave and had them come out then. But since she left, they can look at that as her giving up claims. 

That being said, I still feel for her. She was trying to do the right thing by leaving and now he's holding all her stuff (and the baby's) hostage. And it's not like they were a common law marriage of 10 years or something. I'm not sure how a gun that's in her name could be mistaken for his. 

All around horrible situation, though. 

• Love 12

Somebody tell Jade.....that you go home....when the dude is out .......and move all your shit out....in secret! 

Putting the cops, her family and herself at risk.

The guy was hiding upstairs with HER gun!

What if he comes out and starts shooting.

Your Goodwill furniture.....is not worth it, Hun!

Trash!  

Another junkie family like Janelle.

• Love 10

Blonde is not your color Vee! Lol 

Can't stand that top bun thing on Jade. I'm not watching her stuff but I can't help but notice. 

Cole is so unmanly, I just....idk. lol but I guess him and his high pitched voice go well with Chelsea's baby voice... 

Leah's sister is so dumb and trashy. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Leah's sister is so dumb and trashy. 

It’s hilarious to me that she goes on a trip and partakes in filming for a show called Teen Mom and has unprotected sex with a stranger in another country and gets knocked up.  

And why isn’t abortion ever discussed?

• Love 16

The amount of white trash in this episode is astounding. Jade loading up throw pillows...I just cannot. 

Not to mention Leah's gross sister and her resort worker baby daddy. 

South Dakota's pride parade was the high point. I'll let that speak for itself. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Mkay said:

This is how Leah feels about it now.  I’d be embarrassed.  

Once again, don’t bite the hand that feeds you, Leah.  You need to be thankful for the haters, because let’s look at the number of people viewing your show.  I know you are not well at math, but it’s not that many.  What’s Victoria going to do if TM gets cancelled (yeah right)?  We all know you are supporting her trashy ass and her gaggle of kids.  When that easy payday goes away you are gonna to be begging for the haters attention.  

I can’t stand this girl.  She needs a reality slap in the face just like the rest of them.  

Edited by geauxaway
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

I'm wondering if Chelsea and Cole making such a big deal about the gay pride parade was their attempt at sending a message to Jenelle and her hater joke-of-a-husband.

Leah's sister acted high as all get out when she was discussing the ultrasound.  I feel terrible that I kinda hoped they wouldn't find a heartbeat. 

Jade is a perfectly appropriate substitute for Jenelle in this cast.  Perfect. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Every week I am left wondering why so many young people have no dignity, no respect for themselves. They are badly embarrassing themselves and not one of them cares. Like Leah’s sister, just ewwww.  This Jade girl, again ewwww.  Brianna, ewwww.  I try not to judge them as just plain ignorant but I can’t help it. Education is important everyone! Become educated and you will have so many more opportunities at a decent life without all this manufactured drama and stress. Maybe I have finally outgrown this show. 

• Love 14

It irks me to no end that Kail is taking such obvious pleasure in shit-talking Javi and Lauren's relationship. We all watched Kail blubber and wail over Chris and his inability to commit and be faithful, and yet here Kail is, reveling in a someone else's similar pain. What goes down between Javi and Lauren isn't part of Kail's "story," there's no need for Kail's catty barbs and gossipy commentating.

The pride parade looked like a lot of fun and I was glad to see Chelsea and Cole involved the kids. Practicing advocacy and teaching that love comes in all forms is so important.

I got nothin' on Briana and her dull as fuck life except it was hilarious how she stared deadass at the camera and told Nova to tell Roxanne to stop smoking cigarettes. Looks like someone's aware of how many anti-smoking ads run on MTV during TM!

I've never cared for Victoria and I'm really not liking that this oopsy pregnancy will likely mean a greater presence for her on the show. I'd tolerate Leah and Jeremy times a thousand before I'd accept more of dopey Victoria's sloppy life.

Jade is someone who I think is fundamentally a decent person, but has spent her life surrounded by addicts and doesn't have any role models to steer her towards a stable adulthood. Her mom has clearly been winging it through life with little success, Sean is a toxic mess all the way around, and Jade is overwhelmed and directionless. She desperately needs to take a giant step back from both her mom and Sean and find a new path forward that doesn't revolve around reacting to their drama.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? He looked about 30! Jade's granddad, what's your secret?

Jade calling 911, oh my god. And then making a huge scene at the house, hyperventilating, "fainting" (if she really fainted I will eat my hat), yelling at the cops, refusing to listen to what they were telling her, all the while dragging her pitiful possessions out. The whole trashy family playing out the drama out in the street. Sean upstairs, tweaking like mad and screaming. Its not even entertaining crazy-"check it out, Marge, the Bickersons are at it again"-its disturbing and upsetting crazy. I would not want to be living on the same block as a meth head with a gun. And the whole extended family stalking up and down the street screaming obscenities. Charming.

Leah and her sister giggling like tweens over Victoria's "oops!" baby was just revolting. Trashy isn't cute. And why did we have to endure that endless, stupid, pointless exposition? "Weeeeellllllll......mah period was late.............so Ah...............went to the drugstore..............the Walmart down by the highway.............that one..............Ah bought a pregnancy test...............and Ah peed on the stick...........and Ah waited.........and it was positive..............". Jesus, girl, just spit it out. Like you should have done in Costa Rica.

Briana is so boring and trashy and can barely be arsed to summon up the energy to speak, so why should I devote one iota of attention to her? She sounds downed out all the time. Has she ever shown any life or enthusiasm?

Kail's hatefulness is just puzzling to me. How can a grown woman be so spiteful and petty all the time? She's always mad at someone, always trying to stick it to someone. Who cares? Live your life. You have two adorable boys and one tiny Dominican middle aged man. Move the hell on.

This was too funny. Jade's grandfather may look younger than the rest because he's not a druggie like they are. I do feel sorry for her, though, and hope she eliminates Sean from her life because for now he is a hopeless fucking case.

I have no words for Victoria and her WTF baby. She is gross.

Kail is a spiteful, evil bitch who will never find true happiness because she is such a cow. 

This cracked me up: "You have two adorable boys and one tiny Dominican middle aged man." Thank you.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Cole really likes to play dress up! Good for him.

Leah's sister makes Leah look positively awesome, which is no small feat.

Jade and Co. need a swear jar. That whole family is so angry and humorless. It's only a matter of time before that sweet, smiling child gets swallowed up by their toxicity.

Briana's boyfriend is never leaving NY. He should just be honest but honesty doesn't really seem to be his thing.

Kail needs one of those "I was petty today" t-shirts.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Mkay said:

Seriously, her sisters situation is embarrassing.  Gross. 

It just depresses me to see someone so carelessly and casually bring another life into the world...especially when she has two other children. She almost seemed proud to not be on birth control. 

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, Soobs said:

Jade and Co. need a swear jar. That whole family is so angry and humorless. It's only a matter of time before that sweet, smiling child gets swallowed up by their toxicity.

Jade's cousin is always very chill and calm, which makes me think Jade & Co are "that" side of the family.  There is always "that" side. 

28 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know if he can help his voice. Other than that, he works hard to take care of his family and is always supportive of his wife. I can't think of a more "manly" way to be. 

He should try to Elizabeth Holmes that voice.  I think he is a good looking guy, but then he opens up his mouth and little girl squeals come out. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jesus, girl, just spit it out. Like you should have done in Costa Rica.

Briana is so boring and trashy and can barely be arsed to summon up the energy to speak, so why should I devote one iota of attention to her? She sounds downed out all the time. Has she ever shown any life or enthusiasm?

Kail's hatefulness is just puzzling to me. How can a grown woman be so spiteful and petty all the time? She's always mad at someone, always trying to stick it to someone. Who cares? Live your life. You have two adorable boys and one tiny Dominican middle aged man. Move the hell on.

OMG hahahaha at the bolded parts 😂😂😂

• Love 5
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Jade's cousin is always very chill and calm, which makes me think Jade & Co are "that" side of the family.  There is always "that" side. 

He should try to Elizabeth Holmes that voice.  I think he is a good looking guy, but then he opens up his mouth and little girl squeals come out. 

Well at least his voice is a bit more manly than David Beckham!

• LOL 2

This seemed to be the PSA episode. First Leah giving the whole birth control speil to her sister (once again, a day late and a dollar short), then the DeBoer family stepping out in style to the pride parade. Have to admit how much I loved the latter, as they spoke openly and frankly with Aubree. It surprises me, as the old Chelsea used to drive me nuts, with her mooning over Adumb, yet in other ways, she has proven to be one of the more stable moms. Once she got over Adumb, she has just been living her best life, to the point I'm not surprised the producers brought in 2 new moms (first Briana and the coven, now Jade) that are such hot messes, to kind of balance out Chelsea's rational behavior!  

• Love 7

Just wanted to add that Vee is a saint for entertaining  Kail. No way would I be hanging out with her just because and I especially wouldn't  want to reminisce about those times  she was an asshole to me considering she still that same asshole! 

Confession time:

I think Cole is gorgeous  but yeah, the voice is a real panty puller-upper!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

What city/state is Jade from? I never watched the other TM show that she was in...her family though...wow! I want to empathize with Jade but she seems incapable of listening to anyone...at all. She just prattles on and on about how badly her baby daddy treats her yet she seems to provoke many of their arguments by calling him names. They are very bad for each other and why she thought moving into a house together would be a good idea is beyond me. I really cannot stand all the foul language that is bandied about in front of the small children by her and her family...it’s disgusting and shows a lack of concern for the mental and social health for her child. In fact, all this fighting, cussing and drama could affect her child for many years to come. I did find it funny that she stuffed a truck up with furniture and then sped away in her Mercedes...is that what she bought with her MTV money? Nothing like prioritizing your finances when you have a baby.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Just wanted to add that Vee is a saint for entertaining  Kail. No way would I be hanging out with her just because and I especially wouldn't  want to reminisce about those times  she was an asshole to me considering she still that same asshole! 

Confession time:

I think Cole is gorgeous  but yeah, the voice is a real panty puller-upper!

Kail is such a bitter and mean spirited person I am surprised she has any relationships at all. Her producer seems to be a bit of a jerk too...running to her with his phone with the Instagram post of Javi and Lauren’s engagement announcement....he knew exactly how Kail would react. Speaking of Kail and friends, what happened to that whole posse that hung around her house and went everywhere with her? Like Bone, Becky, Peach, etc...

• Love 12
13 hours ago, CalicoskiesNC said:

Every week I am left wondering why so many young people have no dignity, no respect for themselves. They are badly embarrassing themselves and not one of them cares. Like Leah’s sister, just ewwww.  This Jade girl, again ewwww.  Brianna, ewwww.  I try not to judge them as just plain ignorant but I can’t help it. Education is important everyone! Become educated and you will have so many more opportunities at a decent life without all this manufactured drama and stress. Maybe I have finally outgrown this show. 

All these MTV reality shows seem to have people on them that are stuck in a rut...just jumping from reality show to another reality show. There were two from Ex on the Beach on Dr. Phil this week and they were incapable at this point of doing anything other than reality shows. Their whole relationship was just realty show drama, drama, drama. Sad.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kicksave said:

What city/state is Jade from? . .  .  . I did find it funny that she stuffed a truck up with furniture and then sped away in her Mercedes...is that what she bought with her MTV money? Nothing like prioritizing your finances when you have a baby.

Jade is from Indianapolis and was raised by drug addicts, which explains a lot of her dysfunction, but I by & large agree with your take on her. Her grandmother may prove a helpful influence. The Mercedes, FWIW, was a used car so I don't think she actually spent that much on it. She seemed to both like it & be slightly embarrassed by it when she first got it, after, I think, a previous car stopped working. 

Edited by akr
  • Love 4

Random stuff...

I grew up going to pride parades here in S.F, and it was so cool to see Chelsea take her family to one ( even if they seemed to be laying on their enthusiasm a bit thick, We get it already)

Did Sean really say to Jade that the used condoms she found in the trash were from him being with...himself? 

Kail just kills me because there seems to be a sliver of self awareness that will pop up here and there (like when she recognizes what an asshole she was to Vee) but instead of trying to change it, she seems to revel in her shitty behavior. She doesn't get how much she is hurting herself. And her kids.

Brianna bores me to tears. If Nova isn't in the segment, I just FF'd

Poor Jade. Her mom's negative energy can be felt from my couch. I can't imagine what it was like growing up with it.

• Love 9

I'm really rooting for Jade. She is the product of her upbringing and environment,..I hope she escapes that cycle. She seems to be a nice person with some brains. I think she's being dragged down by other people like Sean and her mom...  Her friends and cousin appeared supportive and her young granddad was there to help as well.  She has chance to improve her life.

Edited by AllAboutEve
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

It reminds me of when you see Christine with the scumbag, POS Amber. I doubt Vee has to watch what she says as much as Christine, but somewhat? 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, elsie said:

Random stuff...

I grew up going to pride parades here in S.F, and it was so cool to see Chelsea take her family to one ( even if they seemed to be laying on their enthusiasm a bit thick, We get it already)

Did Sean really say to Jade that the used condoms she found in the trash were from him being with...himself? 

Kail just kills me because there seems to be a sliver of self awareness that will pop up here and there (like when she recognizes what an asshole she was to Vee) but instead of trying to change it, she seems to revel in her shitty behavior. She doesn't get how much she is hurting herself. And her kids.

Brianna bores me to tears. If Nova isn't in the segment, I just FF'd

Poor Jade. Her mom's negative energy can be felt from my couch. I can't imagine what it was like growing up with it.

Take note, Victoria, even meth head Sean is using protection!!!!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Jade sure recovered quickly from her panic attack/fainting spell when her friend walked out and told her the cops said they needed to leave. That whole scene was trashy as hell, but I do have some slight hope for Jade. If she can cut her mom and Sean out of her life, focus on her baby, finish her beauty school and get a job. How long did her and Sean even live together in that house, 3 days? 

I have no words for Victoria. 

I like to think Chelsea and family going to the Pride parade was a big FU to Jenelle and Lurch. And I'm ok with that. 

• Love 6

Have Briana and John broke up since ? He looks so disinterested in her / moving to Florida. She did the Teen Mom special of essentially proposing to him then 🙄

Jade’s grandfather could’ve been her brother. Her mom looks like a real piece of work. I have zero tolerance for people calling 911 in non emergency situations, makes me so mad. 

I cant at Cole, I’m sorry. There is some irony in his femininity shining through at a pride parade though ..

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/1/2019 at 11:15 PM, Dance4Life said:

Somebody tell Jade.....that you go home....when the dude is out .......and move all your shit out....in secret! 

I thought the same thing but then she did say that he took her keys so she didn't have a way to go in while he was away. How he took them, who knows. Unless it was a moment of weakness and he grabbed them out of her hands or something. 

But if she's on the lease she should be able to call the landlord and just say she lost her keys right? 

11 hours ago, akr said:

Jade is from Indianapolis and was raised by drug addicts, which explains a lot of her dysfunction, but I by & large agree with your take on her. Her grandmother may prove a helpful influence. The Mercedes, FWIW, was a used car so I don't think she actually spent that much on it. She seemed to both like it & be slightly embarrassed by it when she first got it, after, I think, a previous car stopped working. 

Yea it was definitely nothing new and fancy.  But she probably could have gotten something newer and more reliable with what she spent on it. But sometimes you can't blame a person for wanting something 'nice' for themselves. So the excitement of being able to buy a mercedes probably outweighed getting a newer Kia. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, akr said:

Has she gotten together with Amber?

• Love 2
On 10/1/2019 at 9:02 PM, BitterApple said:

When I watch the likes of Jade and Victoria, I wonder how our society manages to function. I just wanted to rip that adorable, chubby baby out of Jade's arms as she went on her rant and said "motherfucker" every other word. What absolute trash.

Not a bad deal for Jon. Pretend to like Briana and get a free Dominican vacation. He couldn't look more disinterested if he tried.

ViVi is freaking adorable, as is Watson. 

The cops showed remarkable restraint. I would've punched Jade's mother in the face. 

I agree with you about Jade and Victoria...it really makes me worry about the children they are bringing into the world. I almost feel like they are doomed to live the same lives their mothers have. These kids don't have the benefit of a Gary and Christina who provide a healthy, nurturing environment for Leah who gets none of this from the awful Amber.

• Love 2
On 10/2/2019 at 9:56 PM, kicksave said:

Kail is such a bitter and mean spirited person I am surprised she has any relationships at all. Her producer seems to be a bit of a jerk too...running to her with his phone with the Instagram post of Javi and Lauren’s engagement announcement....he knew exactly how Kail would react. Speaking of Kail and friends, what happened to that whole posse that hung around her house and went everywhere with her? Like Bone, Becky, Peach, etc...

Peach was Javi's friend originally. So he got her in the divorce. Not sure about the others.

Cole's romper was provided by MTV IMO (contradicting Chelsea's narration) because he bitched about the fit and the cameraman was wearing a near identical top.

Is there any reason why Barb and Jace couldn't be on the show rather than Jade? Although Kloie is so adorbs. Why her name isn't spelled "Chloe" is a bummer. So sweet, too. Please save her from her dad and Jade's mom!

• Love 1