Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Thank you for the video! Can I ask though if they normally dance in a specific formation? They all seemed to be dancing on their own line and it looks like all groups look the same? It might just be me, but it looks really messy and it takes away from their dancing imo.

I just noticed when I rewatched the video Tess group is all wonky with their lines 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 3

Not to make light out of a real situation, but i hope anyone in the line where Dorian is coming is safe. I know its not on subject...however its a real issue.

#Thunderstruck i had to add this so its a little on subject. Sorry in advance smh for this comment paragraph.

My thoughts with everyone.

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, dotdot 37 said:
5 hours ago, dotdot 37 said:

I think Kat is the fall guy to make VK look new and approved

I agree. I'm not sure if she's been told to make her personality bigger by TPTB or if it's all due to editing, but it clear that there's a lot of early focus on her. And there's really no reason for it. It's not like she out of all the rookies has had more hardship & sorrow in her life, nor is she this super exceptional dancer that out dances everyone else & just naturally draws your attention. If it was one of those things then the focus on her would at least make some sense. It could very well be that she was simply chosen to be the quirky, boisterous one to draw attention from VK which is not fair to her. If it were me, I'd hate to have focus put on me just to deflect from someone else.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

She seemed a little crass asking Alexandra "why do you keep coming back?" during uniform fittings. It must sting a little to be on the receiving end of that question. You want so badly to be on this coveted team that keeps rejecting you, and then you have the director asking you why you keep trying. 

I don't know. That whole scene just sat weird with me. Especially knowing she gets rejected by the organization again. It's just got to hurt a little knowing you are never good enough for their exclusive little club.

Knowing what happens to Alexandra, that scene was very hard to watch. She seemed so happy to finally be in that uniform & Kelli had to bring the moment down. I mean on the one hand I get that Kelli uses those fittings for some one on one time with the rookies to get to know them & better understand their goals, but I think she could have worded it better.

• Love 21
53 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Knowing what happens to Alexandra, that scene was very hard to watch. She seemed so happy to finally be in that uniform & Kelli had to bring the moment down. I mean on the one hand I get that Kelli uses those fittings for some one on one time with the rookies to get to know them & better understand their goals, but I think she could have worded it better.

Absolutely. A better question would have been something more along the lines of "what do you think is keeping you out of camp?" or "what do you think your struggles are?" 

It just seems like they love any opportunity to be petty and knock these girls down a peg

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Dal8las said:

Can't wait to see!!!!

Also, as much as TS is iconic I'm ready for a new song....it doesn't do anything for me anymore...The Ahhh AHHH AHHH does sometimes...however nothing else in that song does....

I would love a song like this!! hahahah I swear I would legit get kicked out for dancing to hard in the bleacher area, but like it gets me going...obvs they would have to chop and remix it a bit. So there isn't those awkward pause moments and make it a litte faster...but hello yall feel me. Also have to get Beyonce's ok and put new lyrics....Also, all 36 girls would actually have to be able to hit beats...so no Kashara's, Amy's, Holly's, Maddie's at point only Nicole Hamiltons, Mia, and Crystals... hahahah

Awww....Nicole, Crystal, and Mia....great point girls.  I compare everyone to Nicole. No one has met her standards....JMO! 

• Love 8

This is just a random thought: I’m underwhelmed with this current squad, ANNOYED with the VK drama and over these new “two alternates” and “rotating point” systems. I want girls to make this squad that are straight up PERFORMERS. If a girl doesn’t quite have the look but she has the dance ability, she likely doesn’t make it to Finals let alone TC and that makes me mad. Agreed with the notation that we need more judges with a dance background. The cosmetic stuff can be changed.. the dance stuff likely cannot. TPTB really need to take a good hard look at the talent that comes out because this squad for the most part is SO bland. FTLOG add some seasoning. 

I mean is this squad telling of my thought that the DCC just isn’t what it used to be and this talent I want just isn’t coming out to audition? Idk maybe. 

Also, PLEASE DON’T WASTE OUR TIME BRINGING THE GINA MARIES INTO TC. Thank you.

Edited by Cowboysfan16
  • Love 18
On 8/30/2019 at 3:33 PM, Tootie said:

Ooh! Be safe!  Hopefully it won't do too much damage...

Regarding Pluto, how do you know Season 1 starts at 6:30pm??  I can only see the next 2 hours worth of programming.  I don't see ANYWHERE where I can look for future programming.  I sent them a message, but I haven't received a reply.   

Thanks!

If you look at the number, like tonight, it says 1006.

The 10 is season 10, the 06 is episode 6.

Thanks, it looks like most of FLA is going to be okay.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, FLAfan said:

If you look at the number, like tonight, it says 1006.

The 10 is season 10, the 06 is episode 6.

Thanks, it looks like most of FLA is going to be okay.

Thanks for the help, but...

I was talking about being able to see future programming... for example: 

"next Tuesday at 4pm will be Season 4 epidsode 5." 

Right now I can only see 2 hours worth of "future programming."

2019-09-01 (46).png

Edited by Tootie

Did anyone notice who Travis selected as his favorites?  The show was edited as though Travis only noticed Victoria (and mentioned Lisa in passing) but there were quite a few girls selected:

- Victoria 

- Amanda

- Lisa

- Amy

- Maddie

- Caroline

- Amber ?

- Cianna (far end!)

- JALYN !!!

anyone else?

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, Stee said:

Did anyone notice who Travis selected as his favorites?  The show was edited as though Travis only noticed Victoria (and mentioned Lisa in passing) but there were quite a few girls selected:

- Victoria 

- Amanda

- Lisa

- Amy

- Maddie

- Caroline

- Amber ?

- Cianna (far end!)

- JALYN !!!

anyone else?

I thought he called Gina as well.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Stee said:

- Victoria 

- Amanda

- Lisa

- Amy

- Maddie

- Caroline

- Amber ?

- Cianna (far end!)

- JALYN !!!

anyone else?

There were 11.  All of these (including Amber) plus Gina and Rachel W.

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Of course she says it every year. The #1 reason why this show exists is to promote the brand and make money. Kelli is never going to say on camera that the talent or turnout are less than previous years. It would be an incredibly stupid thing to do.

I don’t think it’s incredibly stupid to say the truth. Obviously I don’t expect her to say that the talent is getting worse, but she can absolutely leave it at “this is a really great group” etc. no need to call every single rookie group as the best one ever, especially when it’s absolutely not true.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Victoria is not the best dancer on the team or even the best dancer among the rookies. I respect that others have divergent opinions and see something different than what I see. What I will submit is that reality television is not designed to present reality; it's designed to tell a narrative. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've watched enough Real Housewives shows and Big Brother seasons to know that production can splice together scene segments to tell any story that they want. For DCC: Making the Team, this year's narrative is that Victoria is amazing, so those are the only scenes we are going to see.  For the average viewer, the narrative will work, but for anyone who chooses to investigate further (AKA - watch videos on Instagram), the narrative falls apart.

I agree so many of the guest on the show saying how Victoria is the best is a bit far off. Granted she looks better this year. Amanda Lisa, Julia, Kristin and Alexandra are great dancers. When Amanda was dancing next to Victoria during the Travis wall shout out performance,  Amanda outshined Victoria. So I’m not getting this best dancer in the room. Don’t let Vet Gina hear because she’s pretty fab too. 

• Love 19

Nothing about Victoria's continued s****** dancing is pleasant to watch.  I don't understand all the gushing over her "improvements."  Honestly, it seems like all she did since last year's training camp was take more dance classes where she was treated as the second coming.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Dal8las said:

Not to make light out of a real situation, but i hope anyone in the line where Dorian is coming is safe. I know its not on subject...however its a real issue.

#Thunderstruck i had to add this so its a little on subject. Sorry in advance smh for this comment paragraph.

My thoughts with everyone.

Longtime lurker coming out to say thank you for this, it was sweet! I'm in Stuart FL.   Jim Cantore of the Weather Channel is broadcasting from here the past few days, which means we have the big bullseye on us 😬.  Really enjoying reading this site this morning to keep my mind off of things.  

Edited by Paisleyk
  • Love 11
On 8/31/2019 at 3:14 PM, SmpIsimon said:

Btw, the reason they took 37 is that two of them are alternates. 

OMG.. Alternates. I'm shocked and thx for the info. So am I to assume that the two that are considered alternates are the two that are sitting out games. Surely Rachel A isn't an alternate. I'm hoping that but would be the two alternates that rotate not an Veteran who is also a Show Group member. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Their lines are horrid. So who Sat out this game?

yes they need to work on their lines !! This was group 1 and 4 !! Kat sat out 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

yes they need to work on their lines !! This was group 1 and 4 !! Kat sat out 

Does the alternate have to be in uniform for just in case or is she in street clothes/DCC track suit? I guess what I'm saying is does she have to be there at all?

I agree with someone else who said it, I can't remember who- sorry.  I don't buy this alternate theory.  I just think someone is pregnant and will not be able to perform soon. Amy??? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, omgtv said:

I agree with someone else who said it, I can't remember who- sorry.  I don't buy this alternate theory.  I just think someone is pregnant and will not be able to perform soon. Amy??? 

I don't think that they would take someone on SG and Team if they couldn't finish the season.  (On the other hand, the attorney in me tells me that you can't fire someone just for being pregnant and given the Erica fiasco the DCC may not want to even get close to that situation and bad press.)

I think I read that a couple of girls were pregnant at the end of season but that's different than a girl that is pregnant now.

I also think its pretty unfair to the "alternates."  if a girl was preggers, you would only need one replacement -- not two -- AS can fill in for injuries.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Does the alternate have to be in uniform for just in case or is she in street clothes/DCC track suit? I guess what I'm saying is does she have to be there at all?

Don’t know how all the alternate stuff works 

I’ve been a hard core “Maddie is unattractive and soft and has absolutely no business being point” person. However, she looks great here. I think her long hair helps a lot. Maybe makes her face look less pudgy?

301102A9-D701-43A8-85A6-1DB67F5A68E6.jpeg

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

I’ve been a hard core “Maddie is unattractive and soft and has absolutely no business being point” person. However, she looks great here. I think her long hair helps a lot. Maybe makes her face look less pudgy?

301102A9-D701-43A8-85A6-1DB67F5A68E6.jpeg

She is cute. 

• Love 5

I think Kat was chosen as an "alternate" just so the squad would appear to be more diverse than it actually is.  So basically, they are using her and giving her very little in return.  Just my opinion.

The other alternate is Meredith.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 12
  • Love 8

So “insiders”, what is the latest and greatest with this year’s team dynamics?  Has VK been accepted yet?  Is she sincere with her teammates and they with her?  All her posts are super sweet and was wondering if that’s the true VK.  Also was mama Tina there at the squad announcement?  

Just now, Blue hues said:

So “insiders”, what is the latest and greatest with this year’s team dynamics?  Has VK been accepted yet?  Is she sincere with her teammates and they with her?  All her posts are super sweet and was wondering if that’s the true VK.  Also was mama Tina there at the squad announcement?  

Well, everyone is kissing VK's ass right and left for fear that, if they don't, they'll end up on Kelli's shit list.  VK has a lot of power (and she knows it).

• Love 4

I suspect Rachel A was not in the first game because she was not there the last Friday of training camp because she was in a wedding..  k and j should respect a show group member and a vet may have other real commitments but it gave Kat a chance to dance the first game.   I also guessed looking at placement and performance Meredith is the other alternate. 

Kat  should thank her 15 stars she made the team. Meredith is also struggling from what was shown. 

Rachel 2 ( Rachel a and w) came back this year so much stronger.  2 of my new faves   Watching Rachel A 1st season compared to this season. She’s come along way. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Technically, neither "made" the team -- they're alternates.

So when Kelli announces the team how will those 2 be explained? Will it be "congrats you made the team but you 2 are just alternates".

I wonder if they'll get cameos/bios on the DCC site or DCC Twitter handles?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
On 8/30/2019 at 9:55 PM, chrishunt said:

Wasn’t the rumor that Ashley had a weird sugar daddy situation going on and that’s why she was really cut? Would make sense that they did it quick and emotionless when they’ve given plenty of other girls time to work on their kicks

She looks like she could have a sugar daddy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1