Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, GirlInFlux said:

Seeing this makes me wonder what is different now from back in the day. All things considered, 6 or 7 BGs on a squad of 36ish is pretty good. 3 is unacceptable to me.  I’d also like to see more BGs on the team without trying to fit into the DCC cookie cutter. I loved Robin’s hair, but Cersten and Khalyn both have nice natural curls that were always flat ironed or covered in a weave. I know they have a target market, but I also get a lot more attention when I have my hair in natural styles (braids, twists...etc) than when I have a long weave or straightened hair. 

At least 3 times as many people tried out back then. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I read a comment that someone left on the video that DCC Alum Maya Hayes posted of the 2019 squad's first pregame performance. It's about the lack of diversity. After Maya gave her response, I looked back at the squads from the past ten years to see how many BGs have made it and counted... 18!

2009 - 6 (3 Veterans, 3 Rookies) - Nicole Hamilton, Ally Traylor, Tia Williams, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse and Vanessa Jenkins.

2010 - 6 (4 Veterans, 2 Rookies) - Ally Traylor, Tia Williams, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher and Sasha Agent.

2011 - 5 (Veterans) - Ally Traylor, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher and Sasha Agent.

2012 - 7 (3 Veterans, 4 Rookies) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2013 - 7 (Veterans) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2014 - 4 (Veterans) - Nicole Bulcher, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2015 - 3 (2 Veterans, 1 Rookie) - Jacie Scott, Jenna Jackson and Robin Richardson.

2016 - 4 (2 Veterans, 2 Rookies) - Jenna Jackson, Robin Richardson, Cersten Bradley and Khalyn Larke.

2017 - 5 (4 Veterans, 1 Rookies) - Jenna Jackson, Robin Richardson, Cersten Bradley, Khalyn Larke and Keyra Ford.

2018 - 3 (1 Veteran, 2 Rookies) - Khalyn Larke, Ashlee F. and Briana B.

Nicole Bulcher is a WOC?  She certainly doesn't look like it. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

2014 - 4 (Veterans) - Nicole Bulcher, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

I feel like an idiot because I had no idea Nicole Bulcher was a woman of color.  I just thought she had beautiful, curly  hair!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

That's what I also thought.

How is she a WOC? Because of which rule, established by whom?

It's a slippery slope.

The same with the 'latinas': somehow Lisa Mills, Kristin Dodd are not latina's and Selina and Alexandra are. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

It's a slippery slope.

The same with the 'latinas': somehow Lisa Mills, Kristin Dodd are not latina's and Selina and Alexandra are. 

Never mind!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

I don't know about Alexandra, but Selina is Latina.  

Also, I'm pretty sure Nicole is Caucasian with an olive skin tone. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Honestly I don't think anyone on the team did this. I think the whole thing is made up. That is my opinion and I am entitled to express it. Go down the roster. Would nice Mormon girl Maddie do this? Of course not. Would sweet Miranda? Never. Heather, who spent a year working her way back into the team's good graces? No way. Kat, who knows she is the least legitimate person on the team? Doubtful. Caroline, the consummate professional? Bridget, who is so well liked? Gina, who would never feel threatened by anyone? Hannah, who has been bullied herself? Christina, a mature woman in her 30s? Amy, the seasoned veteran? No, no, no. Jalyn was allegedly punished this year for toxic behavior by being cut from SG (if you believe the rumor) so I suppose it is possible, but one would think she would be on her best behavior after that strike. 

Instead of asking me, ask the person making the claim.

This!!  a thousand likes..............I do not see this nickname being used either.  If you follow VK, she gets lots of sweet comments from her teammates and older DCC all wishing her luck.  When she did not make it last year, she got a lot of support.  She's better this year.  looks better, dances better etc.  If you watch the old seasons, none of the rock stars were perfect in everything during their tryouts.

I would also fire someone in a heartbeat over such a nasty nickname for another employee.

I like to stick with facts.  There's a lot of rumors out there that are not supported by what is shown on TV or what could legally happen.  The thyroid condition and drs appointment are all hearsay............."I heard".  Would Jinelle who was an employee at the time be talking about this?  Jinelle comes across as one of the sweetest DCC ever.  I don't see Jinelle jeopardizing her job with idle gossip on VK's weight journey.  

The Jalyn show group rumor.............how about she got outdanced at an audition.  Happens every single day.  Jalyn was not one of the highest ranking DCC who made the team.  I like Jalyn and believe she has amazing eyes and is a great dancer but obviously not all the judges liked her. And that was before camp. Her slender almost childlike body was debated last year.  Some girls get better, some don't.  My new favs the Rachels come to mind.  They have improved a lot this year.  

There are other DCC like Kat they I would question how they made the team.  Unless she totally gets it together, she is a train wreck and looked lost so far.  Beautiful and funny but not performing well.  Yes I heard she's an alternate but she's posting she made the team and she's danced the first game.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

I have seen nowhere on here that Jalyn had any type of negative behavior. The rumor was that she was trying to help Victoria by giving her some corrections (which is shown as something required and encouraged from vets in all past seasons) but that Victoria was offended that Jalyn had the audacity to tell her she wasn’t perfect so she went and told Kelli who knows what about Jalyn. Then there was an announcement to the entire squad that no one was supposed to correct a rookie except Kelli and Judy, then Jalyn didn’t make snow group. The only toxic behavior in that story is from Victoria and Kelli.

The idea that they told the squad not to give corrections completely undermines what Judy said the season that Cassie and Ally jumped all over Taylor.  How do they explain them apples?

Edited by rl27rl
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

The idea that they told the squad not to give corrections completely undermines what Judy said the season that Cassie and Ally jumped all over Taylor.  How do they explain them apples?

They don’t explain bc it’s Veruca world and we’re all living in it...  

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Being able to work with someone and liking them is a completely different thing though.

In this hypothetical scenario though you would be bitching about said coworker to someone outside your workplace. Can every single poster in this forum honestly tell me that they’ve never ever said anything negative about their coworkers or boss to a friend, partner or relative? I’m sorry but that’s only human and no workplace can police what you say and think as long as it’s not disruptive to your work. Unless you spread rumors within the company or be stupid enough to make your opinions known in the workplace and especially through email/IM, no one cares enough to police what you say and do in your spare time.  And that’s coming from an hr person.

Of course and everyone does do that except I don’t think the issue here is A DCC going to her partner/family member/friend but that a GROUP of them IN the workplace have coined this name for the girl and are talking about her like this IN THE WORKPLACE. 

And that from experience is toxic. Story time:  I’m the Assistant Director of a semi long running show and I am also in it. An actor was cast and maybe he wasn’t as perfect for the role as the person who preceeded him. His costar decided while we were at work tell everyone else in this small company how terrible he was, how wrong he was for the show. It became an absolute toxic environment in a job I genuinely love. Obviously different experience as this guy we are talking about was lovely unlike VK is allegedly, but still. Go home and bitch...don’t do it at work especially where it will inevitably get back to that person. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Being able to work with someone and liking them is a completely different thing though.

In this hypothetical scenario though you would be bitching about said coworker to someone outside your workplace. Can every single poster in this forum honestly tell me that they’ve never ever said anything negative about their coworkers or boss to a friend, partner or relative? I’m sorry but that’s only human and no workplace can police what you say and think as long as it’s not disruptive to your work. Unless you spread rumors within the company or be stupid enough to make your opinions known in the workplace and especially through email/IM, no one cares enough to police what you say and do in your spare time.  And that’s coming from an hr person.

I understand second guessing the insiders, but I really want your opinion on that Jinelle office visit (I assume you’ve watched it?). Kelli said that something doesn’t add up and she doesn’t want to accuse anyone of dishonesty, which we can all agree means that basically someone in this meeting lied to someone else. Vk ended up apologizing to jinelle, so we can assume that VK did the lying. Why doesn’t the story about her missed doctor’s visit add up then? How did you perceive this scene? Not trying to start drama, it’s just that in my mind this scene was pretty straightforward even with the heavy editing: no matter what it was about, VK lied to Jinelle (and by default to her boss Kelli). This would be enough to keep every other girl from ever auditioning again, and of course they’d have been cut right away.

The only thing in the story that did not add up was that Jinelle supposedly ran into an employee of the doctor's office where VK skipped an appointment. Somebody pointed out up thread that due to patient privacy laws, a doctor can not say that someone is a patient or even has an appointment, so it would not be legal to have told Jinelle that VK did not go.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I understand second guessing the insiders, but I really want your opinion on that Jinelle office visit (I assume you’ve watched it?). Kelli said that something doesn’t add up and she doesn’t want to accuse anyone of dishonesty, which we can all agree means that basically someone in this meeting lied to someone else. Vk ended up apologizing to jinelle, so we can assume that VK did the lying. Why doesn’t the story about her missed doctor’s visit add up then? How did you perceive this scene? Not trying to start drama, it’s just that in my mind this scene was pretty straightforward even with the heavy editing: no matter what it was about, VK lied to Jinelle (and by default to her boss Kelli). This would be enough to keep every other girl from ever auditioning again, and of course they’d have been cut right away.

Bolded emphasis is mine.  But I agree with you here...it would be different for other candidates.  I kind of get why VK would be treated differently, though, and I think there are other TCC that would also get some benefit of the doubt.  When watching Season 6 last night on Pluto, it clicked in a different way that they do have personal relationships with many candidates who try out.  Not many, but some.  Then you layer in the local "dance community" where they at know a large chunk by their reputation, or have one degree of separation.  And then you've got total strangers that no one knows a darn thing about, like Ika Irene (if I'm getting her name correct.)

When she was cut, there were dance problems and Kelli also questioned her judgement about some Facebook posts and photos, and was like hey, we don't know you.  We don't know anything about you, and we don't trust you.  Kelli doesn't know if Ika was making a one time lapse in judgement or if she's going to be a big old ambassador risk.

Right or wrong, Kelli thinks she knows VK well enough to think VK was making crap decisions out of immaturity, being scared of disappointing her mom and Auntie Kelli, etc.  So she granted VK the benefit of the doubt that she would get her shit together, when she wouldn't give a total stranger that same grace.  That's human nature, and that particular decision doesn't bother me.  The tattling and veterans not being able to correct rookies now is a much bigger problem to IMO.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Nope, sorry. We've all had co-workers we felt were not deserving of the job, but if we acted this way we would be unceremoniously dumped. Frankly I can only think of one DCC who might have done this and if so it explains a LOT. She's lucky to have kept her boots at all.

What does “acted this way” mean in this scenario though? Making up a snarky name or talking about the “unqualified” person with friends or co-workers? If that’s the case, then no, I don’t think most people would be unceremoniously dumped. HR people have far more important things to do than police conversations - certainly not those between employees and their non-employee friends (hell, the HR probably snark with each other about some of the nonsense that they have to deal with from employees). I assume that outside of extreme circumstances, a general coaching or counseling to the department is what would occur if rumors of petty name calling came to the supervisor or HR’s attention.

Now, certainly, if it’s a matter of spreading rumors about someone, publicly trashing or bullying a coworker, or publicly disparaging the company, that’s a different matter, and I agree people would be gone. I didn’t get the sense though that this is a big running joke that a group of DCCs have and bullying VK about it.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Route66 said:

The only thing in the story that did not add up was that Jinelle supposedly ran into an employee of the doctor's office where VK skipped an appointment. Somebody pointed out up thread that due to patient privacy laws, a doctor can not say that someone is a patient or even has an appointment, so it would not be legal to have told Jinelle that VK did not go.

I suspect that like any other athlete/coach scenario, VK might have been set up with a team affiliated doctor and signed away her right to total privacy in that situation.  I feel like with some of the injuries they've shown us in camp, they give the image that there's some privacy, but I wouldn't be surprised if the DCC leadership staff already knows the results of an MRI or other check up at the same time as the candidate.

Feel free to correct me though, my connection with this type of thing is limited to when I was on staff with the athletic department at TCU waaaay back in college and I know laws change.

• Love 4

What I saw was Jinelle asking VK why was she not answering her texts. That’s a bit away from why did you not go to an appointment.  VK answered that Jinelle has never had a weight problem.  VK apologizes for blowing her off 

the scenario of Jinelle running into someone does not seem legally possible.  I also question Jinelle talking about this with anyone besides Judy and Kelli.  That seems out of character and unprofessional 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Kayce said:

5 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I feel like an idiot because I had no idea Nicole Bulcher was a woman of color.  I just thought she had beautiful, curly  hair!

4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

It's a slippery slope.

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't know about Alexandra, but Selina is Latina.  

Also, I'm pretty sure Nicole is Caucasian with an olive skin tone. 

You are all correct! Even after seeing pics of her sister and other relatives on Instagram for the past four years, I still saw her as a person of color. Nicole Bulcher has such a unique look.

The count is still 18 when you include Kat from this year's Rookie Class.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Somebody pointed out up thread that due to patient privacy laws, a doctor can not say that someone is a patient or even has an appointment, so it would not be legal to have told Jinelle that VK did not go.

But I'm pretty sure if Jinelle is the one who made the appointment, it is fine to tell her whether or not VK went.  I don't think sharing any test results would be ok, however.

• Love 6

In setting up the scene, Kelli mentions appointments made by Jinelle for VK to see a doctor and nutritionist and there was some "disconnect" by VK, so she wants to see what that is about.  In the office, Kelli asks why she isn't responding to the texts, and VK says she knows she was sent a doctor's request.  So, we know she was supposed to see a doctor, and I would say the disconnect is VK's ignoring the texts to do so.  Victoria says that she is leaning towards the women who have had a weight issue, so apparently she isn't taking Jinelle seriously.  That we can all see.  We may not interpret it the same way though.

And regarding who talks to who, they are filming a tv show.  So, how many employees from CMT are in the room?  How many view the footage during the editing process?  How many employees work at the Star who might overhear a phone call, a conversation?  As someone said before, the tentacles of the organization reach far in the Dallas bubble.  Stuff gets out.  I mean, look at all the things we've heard here and on the old TWOP and CMT boards.

23 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But I'm pretty sure if Jinelle is the one who made the appointment, it is fine to tell her whether or not VK went.  I don't think sharing any test results would be ok, however.

It was mentioned upthread that VK had said the doctor was gone and she couldn't go to the appointment.  So maybe Jinelle was trying to reschedule another one, and that's when she found out that VK didn't show up to the first one.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Route66 said:

HIPPA Laws do allow for appointment reminders as well as missed appointments.  If Jinelle, as a representative of DCC, made the appointment, when the appointment was missed, the doctor's office can call to try to re-schedule missed appointment.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

HR people have far more important things to do than police conversations - certainly not those between employees and their non-employee friends

True, but the issue was about discussing it with other DCC.

15 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I read a comment that someone left on the video that DCC Alum Maya Hayes posted of the 2019 squad's first pregame performance. It's about the lack of diversity. After Maya gave her response, I looked back at the squads from the past ten years to see how many BGs have made it and counted... 18!

2009 - 6 (3 Veterans, 3 Rookies) - Nicole Hamilton, Ally Traylor, Tia Williams, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse and Vanessa Jenkins.

2010 - 6 (4 Veterans, 2 Rookies) - Ally Traylor, Tia Williams, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher and Sasha Agent.

2011 - 5 (Veterans) - Ally Traylor, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher and Sasha Agent.

2012 - 7 (3 Veterans, 4 Rookies) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2013 - 7 (Veterans) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2015 - 3 (2 Veterans, 1 Rookie) - Jacie Scott, Jenna Jackson and Robin Richardson.

2016 - 4 (2 Veterans, 2 Rookies) - Jenna Jackson, Robin Richardson, Cersten Bradley and Khalyn Larke.

2017 - 5 (4 Veterans, 1 Rookies) - Jenna Jackson, Robin Richardson, Cersten Bradley, Khalyn Larke and Keyra Ford.

After realizing that Nicole Bulcher is not a person of color, that makes the number 17, but would still be 18 when including Kat from the 2019 Rookie Class. Then, I added Chandi, who is also part of this year's Rookie Class, and that makes it 19.

Here's my list RE-DONE...

2010 - 5 (4 Veterans, 1 Rookie) - Ally Traylor, Tia Williams, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse and Sasha Agent.

2011 - 4 (Veterans) - Ally Traylor, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse and Sasha Agent.

2012 - 6 (3 Veterans, 4 Rookies) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2013 - 6 (Veterans) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2014 - 3 (Veterans) - Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2017 - 5 (4 Veterans, 1 Rookie) - Jenna Jackson, Robin Richardson, Cersten Bradley, Khalyn Larke and Keyra Ford.

2019 - 4 (2 Veterans, 2 Rookie) - Ashlee F., Briana B., Chandi D. and Kat P.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
Added Chandi after she was mentioned.
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Donna S said:

HIPPA Laws do allow for appointment reminders as well as missed appointments.  If Jinelle, as a representative of DCC, made the appointment, when the appointment was missed, the doctor's office can call to try to re-schedule missed appointment.

Only if Victoria had Jinelle sign a HIPPA form allowing her to call on her behalf. I had to do this with my bf at his doctors because he's a baby and can't call to make his own appointments. 

• LOL 3
10 minutes ago, dccgirl88 said:

Only if Victoria had Jinelle sign a HIPPA form allowing her to call on her behalf. I had to do this with my bf at his doctors because he's a baby and can't call to make his own appointments. 

If DCC was the "covered entity" in that DCC was the one responsible for payment of the appointments, then the doctor's office can correspond to DCC.  (It is probably part of the contract that DCC's sign at the beginning of TC).  Employer HIPAA laws are different than laws for individuals.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Of course and everyone does do that except I don’t think the issue here is A DCC going to her partner/family member/friend but that a GROUP of them IN the workplace have coined this name for the girl and are talking about her like this IN THE WORKPLACE. 

I totally get what you mean, but how do you know it’s in the workplace? For all we know, smplsimon was hanging out with some of the girls who are roomies (like Heather/Bridget/Alexis, totally random choice but that’s the only group i remember) and they were talking about VK. Considering that their whole life revolves around dcc, they can’t really disconnect their social life from dcc. I really doubt Heather/Bridget/Alexis spend their friday nights talking about how much they adore their teammates and that’s honestly ok. 

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

(hell, the HR probably snark with each other about some of the nonsense that they have to deal with from employees). 

You didn’t hear it from me...but yeah we totally do. 

And just to make sure you don’t take it too seriously, we’re also humans and yes we’re going to comment about stuff, company decisions, employees acting crazy etc. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CowboysFanatic said:

You are all correct! Even after seeing pics of her sister and other relatives on Instagram for the past four years, I still saw her as a person of color. Nicole Bulcher has such a unique look.

The count is still 18 when you include Kat from this year's Rookie Class.

Chandi has parentage from Trinidad. She COULD BE more South Asian Indian--but also partially Black. 

Edited by Reveala
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, ByTor said:

True, but the issue was about discussing it with other DCC.

That’s not really clear to me, at least not in the sense that it’s a teamwide issue or bullying. The poster is not a DCC (I assume). He/she and a couple of DCCs who are friends could have a GroupMe or WhatsApp for all i know, where the illegitimate name was thrown around. I’m just not getting a bullying vibe from what’s been described. The fact that it got discussed on a public message board is worse than the actual nickname, IMO. 

It takes a lot for me to think something is super serious though. If you start a rumor that someone got the job bc they slept with the boss, that’s way out of line and worthy of termination Saying someone got the job (after multiple issues that were aired on tv) bc their mom is best friends with the boss - well, I’m not not seeing the outrage. It is what it is.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I concur.  I hated them then and I hate them now watching back old seasons.

I like the purely fitness stuff--situps, pushups, 2-mile run

8 hours ago, GirlInFlux said:

Seeing this makes me wonder what is different now from back in the day. All things considered, 6 or 7 BGs on a squad of 36ish is pretty good. 3 is unacceptable to me.  I’d also like to see more BGs on the team without trying to fit into the DCC cookie cutter. I loved Robin’s hair, but Cersten and Khalyn both have nice natural curls that were always flat ironed or covered in a weave. I know they have a target market, but I also get a lot more attention when I have my hair in natural styles (braids, twists...etc) than when I have a long weave or straightened 

Just now, Jess14 said:

That’s not really clear to me

I don't recall anyone saying there was a rumor that someone was calling Vic names to a spouse/friend/insert other outsider, the rumor is that this is happening in the locker room.  There was, however, a rumor years ago that Holly thought she sent a text to an outsider (her mother, maybe?) complaining about the other girls, but she "accidentally" sent it as a group text to the DCC.  I say "accidentally" because I don't believe it happened, I'd think if she was using a text to vent to her mother she'd be more careful than that.

4 minutes ago, Reveala said:
21 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I concur.  I hated them then and I hate them now watching back old seasons.

I like the purely fitness stuff--situps, pushups, 2-mile run

Oh, man, those sit-ups make me cringe, soooo bad for your back!

8 hours ago, GirlInFlux said:

Seeing this makes me wonder what is different now from back in the day. All things considered, 6 or 7 BGs on a squad of 36ish is pretty good. 3 is unacceptable to me.  I’d also like to see more BGs on the team without trying to fit into the DCC cookie cutter. I loved Robin’s hair, but Cersten and Khalyn both have nice natural curls that were always flat ironed or covered in a weave. I know they have a target market, but I also get a lot more attention when I have my hair in natural styles (braids, twists...etc) than when I have a long weave or straightened hair. 

These women uphold the corporate Cowboys brand and image. Braids and locs dont seem to be in the cards--unless your the choreographer LaCharm

Question for anyone: I know that Alexandra didn't make the squad, and it was touted on the show that she'd spend 5 years working to perfect her technique etc. DCC:MTT obviously has showed the cut yet, and I imagine she was devastated. Anyone had any idea if she'll try again next year, or was this year it, like with little Amy? 

I know Christina tried out for 5 or 6 years before she made it. Brennan was at least 3. Just wondering. I feel bad she didn't make the squad (yet) after trying for so long. She's obviously on Kelli's radar. 

• Love 1

Regarding Nicole Bulcher being a WOC....many WOC appear "white."  If a woman is of mixed-race heritage she may or may not self-identify as a WOC based on the rest of her family, how she was raised, and what life experiences she has had.  I have not seen anything to support the claim that she is a WOC, and the only reason I say this is because I do believe that Kelli would have said something about Nicole's "exotic" ethnicity to add the myth that the DCC is a diverse group.  

Lots of white girls have super curly hair just like Nicole.  My mom is one of them, and I've got many friends with the same type of hair as Nicole.  

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

After realizing that Nicole Bulcher is not a person of color, that makes the number 17, but would still be 18 when including Kat from the 2019 Rookie Class.

Here's my list RE-DONE...

2010 - 5 (4 Veterans, 1 Rookie) - Ally Traylor, Tia Williams, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse and Sasha Agent.

2011 - 4 (Veterans) - Ally Traylor, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse and Sasha Agent.

2012 - 6 (3 Veterans, 4 Rookies) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2013 - 6 (Veterans) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2014 - 3 (Veterans) - Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2017 - 5 (4 Veterans, 1 Rookie) - Jenna Jackson, Robin Richardson, Cersten Bradley, Khalyn Larke and Keyra Ford.

2019 - 3 (2 Veterans, 1 Rookie) - Ashlee F., Briana B. and Kat P.

WOC also includes Asian women....so Kim Tong & Yuko should be included.

As for HIPAA, anyone can make a doctor appointment for someone else but not be able to reschedule or discuss the appointment without written permission.  What goes on between patient & doctor is a whole other ballgame. For anything to be released to anyone, there has to be written permission from the patient....there is nothing casual about it. If someone from the office told Jinelle that VK didn't show for an appointment that person is in direct violation of HIPAA.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

These must be their official photo's!

1. Why is Amy's hair is so outlandish!?!
  2. Maddie looks less Shirley Temple and much more woman. It suits her.
  3. I have seen Heathers hair look much better!
  4. Tess looking great!
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don't recall anyone saying there was a rumor that someone was calling Vic names to a spouse/friend/insert other outsider, the rumor is that this is happening in the locker room.  

I think that’s my point. The rumor about talk in the locker room seems to have gone beyond what was actually stated. The only statement that I saw was that some of the current DCCs coined the term “illegitimate” for Victoria. It may be widespread locker room talk, but it may not be. If i, along with me friend, who also happens to be my coworker, snarks about a supervisor and one of us mentions it to another friend (who isn’t an employee), that doesn’t mean we’re running around the workplace talking about the supervisor.

I’ll move on though. I’ve got way too many things to do today, so I’m not being clear lol.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Maddie looks less Shirley Temple and much more woman. It suits her.

Yes, she does look good on that picture.

5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

If i, along with me friend, who also happens to be my coworker, snarks about a supervisor and one of us mentions it to another friend (who isn’t an employee), that doesn’t mean we’re running around the workplace talking about the supervisor.

I understand that, but the rumor that is going around is that it is happening at the workplace, not that they are calling Victoria names to their non-DCC friends, thus making people assume it is also happening in the locker room.

6 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Re Victoria: 36 women and everyone is all sweetness and light? Please. Of course, there's cattiness going on. I don't understand why that's so hard to believe despite what the girls post on social media. Now, some of the stories might be more outlandish than others, but I doubt all the girls get along all the time. DCC is always equated to being in a sorority, and I've yet to encounter a sorority that didn't have problems in the sisterhood.

YES!!!!!

Lol

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DanceProf said:

Regarding Nicole Bulcher being a WOC....many WOC appear "white."  If a woman is of mixed-race heritage she may or may not self-identify as a WOC based on the rest of her family, how she was raised, and what life experiences she has had.  I have not seen anything to support the claim that she is a WOC, and the only reason I say this is because I do believe that Kelli would have said something about Nicole's "exotic" ethnicity to add the myth that the DCC is a diverse group.  

Lots of white girls have super curly hair just like Nicole.  My mom is one of them, and I've got many friends with the same type of hair as Nicole.  

Just looked at Nicole’s Instagram. She’s definitely not a WOC. Her parents both appear to be Caucasian. However, her dad may (possibly) be of middle eastern decent. He doesn’t really look like it but Nicole, and her brother, have a middle eastern look to me. JMO. Whatever her background is, she is stunningly gorgeous! 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I doubt all the girls get along all the time. DCC is always equated to being in a sorority, and I've yet to encounter a sorority that didn't have problems in the sisterhood.

I'm sure that's one of those things that Kelli discusses right after she says that these girls are your future bridesmaids:)  

1 hour ago, KatebytheSea said:

Question for anyone: I know that Alexandra didn't make the squad, and it was touted on the show that she'd spend 5 years working to perfect her technique etc. DCC:MTT obviously has showed the cut yet, and I imagine she was devastated. Anyone had any idea if she'll try again next year, or was this year it, like with little Amy? 

I know Christina tried out for 5 or 6 years before she made it. Brennan was at least 3. Just wondering. I feel bad she didn't make the squad (yet) after trying for so long. She's obviously on Kelli's radar. 

I'm pretty sure in a talking head during auditions she said that if she didn't make it this year, she wasn't going to try again. It's gotta hurt to have come that close.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Uhm... Amy and Maddie don’t look like themselves at all. Amy especially. Heather and Tess at least look like themselves, but they’ve had better cameos. 

53 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yes, she does look good on that picture.

I understand that, but the rumor that is going around is that it is happening at the workplace, not that they are calling Victoria names to their non-DCC friends, thus making people assume it is also happening in the locker room.

I don’t think the original comment of Simon said anything about girls talking within their “workspace”, but the conversation did move to that direction after that. I doubt any insider would give any hints in where and how they got this info and especially not someone who has been posting for a while now without getting caught.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
Just now, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t think the original comment of Simon said anything about girls talking within their “workspace”, but the conversation did move to that direction after that. I doubt any insider would give any hints in where and how they got this info and especially not someone who has been posting for a while now without getting caught.

Yeah, I guess the assumption is "Hey, guess what everyone in the locker room is calling VK!"

• Love 1