Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

There is no way on God's green Earth that a DCC would be excused from a game so she can spend a Sunday decorating her classroom.

They did and they did it for Khalyn last year 

• Love 2
Just now, Law Mom said:

There is no way on God's green Earth that a DCC would be excused from a game so she can spend a Sunday decorating her classroom.

Exactly!

Just now, Holly85 said:

They did and they did it for Khalyn last year 

They pulled Khalyn from a game cause she missed a practice, but they had to include her in pre-game cause Jinelle was already covering for Lauren.  She sat out the rest of the game.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Exactly!

They pulled Khalyn from a game cause she missed a practice, but they had to include her in pre-game cause Jinelle was already covering for Lauren.  She sat out the rest of the game.

Ok I heard it was for work 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I'm very happy that someone told VK to calm down, speak more slowly and act less like she's 12 and just slurped 10 milkshakes. It makes a huge difference. It makes the painful reality that she made the team after all the stunts she pulled last year a little easier to take.

But I don't see the brilliant dancer Travis saw. Just don't. I don't think she's necessarily awful. I do think she has improved a little. But I don't see the WOW at all. Don't see her as "the best" in the room.

At the end of the day, I admit I hate the "duh" song and I'm not a big fan of his choreo either. But it was a total hoot to see him learn the DCC dance routine with the ladies. Would love to see more fun moments like that!

I’ll probably seem quite mean, but honestly, why didn’t she get her teeth fixed? While speaking slowly certainly helped, it’s really distracting when she speaks and given her chosen major, she needs to get it fixed. She looks pretty in photos when she doesn’t smile too big, but you can’t hide it in talking heads.

3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Btw, the reason they took 37 is that two of them are alternates. 

Can you tell us the names?

4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Exactly!

Exactly... that was a punishment in reality. Glad to see they support their working girls even when it doesn’t get them good pr. Oh wait!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Anyone have a video of them dancing to Power by Little Mix (besides the clip they showed in last weeks episode)?

Not sure if this will work but this is from the camp that they do in Oxnard from 2017. I will warn you that the audio is not the greatest.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Exactly!

And Khalyn had a legit work commitment. Stapling posters to a bulletin board is something you can do on your own time. You can't miss practice for that, let alone an actual game!

Finally watched the ep:

This whole Kat edit is just weird.  

Meredith - can you be just a little more whiny?

Bret - LOVE HER!!  And I hope she comes back next year, as long as her health allows it.

Gina Marie - I hope she comes back as well

CORE - Kelli is so concerned about the chemistry of the groups.  If mixing strong vets with weak vets, and adding strong rookies and weak rookies worked before......but then you wouldn't be able to do a commercial within the show.  It's probably to get back at viewers who were tired of the Cowboys Fit promos

Travis Wall - didn't like the song, didn't like the dance, think he needs to look beyond VK cause there is no way she was the best in the room.   I mean, I know she's "changed" and all, but still.

CMT - I don't think you're showing VK enough on the show or on social media🤣😂

3 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

And Khalyn had a legit work commitment. Stapling posters to a bulletin board is something you can do on your own time. You can't miss practice for that, let alone an actual game!

Kelsi Reich mentioned on her old blog that she had to miss her grandfather's funeral for a game:(

• Love 8

The show is obviously VERY scripted this year. From the weird scripted part with the returning TCCs in the first episode to the ancestry.com ad in the middle of uniform fittings, the scripting is very obvious. I highly doubt some random person in the nail salon just offered Kat a place to live. It makes it seem like her whole story line is scripted. I’m sure Travis Wall’s words were cut and spliced to fit a storyline. 

• Love 19
On 8/30/2019 at 10:54 AM, LadyMsJay said:

That there will be only two ladies who will rotate sitting out games. In this case, Rachel A game 1, Kat game 2, Rachel A game 3, Kat game 4 etc...

Home games of course

Sorry been busy last few days. So why did They only pick them to rotate and not others?

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Deweymom said:

Gina (vet) is a total bad a$$.  Love her style.   

Weird cut with Ashley.  Does anyone think there was something else that was going on?  Seems odd...

Go to page 88 of this thread

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Hi all, so that episode last night was....I don't know. It kind of felt a bit all over the place for me. I mean a lot was happening, but at the same time is was not really enthralling. Here's the thoughts that came to my mind while watching:

Kat: So as an animal person who has dogs, I get her devotion to her cat and not wanting to be without it. She's in a new city pursuing a new career & dealing with stress so you can't fault her for wanting her adorable kitty with her. Hopefully the situation was that her host family was initially ok with the pet & honestly didn't know about the allergy. Other than that there was WAY too much focus on her. We didn't need to see the conversation with the random woman since she didn't even end up living with her. I just feel like she is being shoved down our throats so that TPTB can say "hey look we're not focusing on VK." That's fine, but let us see some of the other rookies.

Ashley & Gina Marie: Even though I knew their cuts happened early, I didn't think they would get cut mid-practice. When they told Ashley, I don't think the show had even reached the half-hour mark so when it happened, I thought I'd missed a huge block of the show & actually checked what time it was since they usually do it at the end. While I agree that they were right to cut them given how bad their kicks & jump splits were, I did think it was sad for them to be cut during practice because it didn't give them a chance to say goodbye to the others. I found myself wondering if this early cutting was due to what happened with Malena last year & how they kept her for far too long & she had that meltdown.

Speaking of the jump splits, I don't recall them being shown this early in the season before. That & the uniform fittings seemed to be happening too soon as they usually seem to take place in the 5th or 6th episode.

Travis Wall: There were things I liked & disliked about his appearance. While I loved seeing him dance with the girls (he killed that dance routine & I'd watch him as the point of the triangle), I didn't really like the dance routine he taught them & hated how he fawned over VK. Best in the room? Please!

Speaking of VK, is it impossible for her teeth to not be showing? I mean even when she's not smiling, her mouth is open & those teeth are visible. At one point she was doing Travis's dance & had a serious expression & her hair was falling over her face & I could still see those blazingly white chompers.

So yeah, for an episode that had a lot going on, it felt like filler.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Anyone know the time stamp of where Amy messes up? Can’t find it

It's hard to find in that version with the way they did the cuts.  In this version, it's around the 1:28 mark.

3 hours ago, MTTFan said:

She was released during TC after flaking out -- she had missed a rehearsal and then came to the last night of training came in the wrong costume.

IMHO she was under the influence.

She got busted not too long ago.

This part is about Kaitlin LeGrand.  I hadn't heard what you posted about Kaitlin LaRae...very interesting!

• Love 1
Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

This part is about Kaitlin LeGrand.  I hadn't heard what you posted about Kaitlin LaRae...very interesting!

Yes -- 

Sorry I I should have separated my post.  🙂

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chrishunt said:

This week should be Lauren and Bret

Oh my Brett 😞

The previews at the end of this weeks episode hinted Brett was getting cut. Brett was the only rookie i was invested in. I knew she didnt make it, but i was hoping she made it further through the season...sigh...

42 minutes ago, go4luca said:

It's hard to find in that version with the way they did the cuts.  In this version, it's around the 1:28 mark.

Thank you! She recovered so quickly 👏🏼

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 1

So my mom called and was like hey you’ll never guess what I saw on tv last night? That DCC show you used to like lol So anyways these are her thoughts. 

Alexandria is her favorite and she’s upset she got cut. She wants to know why. 

Victoria is her next favorite. When I told her people didn’t like VK, she said “oh they’re jealous cause she’s Travis’ fav right?” I said no, they don’t like her bc her mom is best friends with Kelli. She said, “who’s Kelli?” (LMAO) I said, she’s the director. She then goes on to tell me that shouldn’t matter bc Victoria is talented enough to make the squad. I told her that some people think she’s not talented. She disagrees. 

She thinks Kat should’ve been cut and she was disappointed that K&J didn’t relay Travis’ critiques as harshly as he gave them in the private meeting. She thought they were too nice and not serious enough.

Anyways, I will now be going to my parents house on Fridays since I found out they have CMT! God bless.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Finally watched the ep:

This whole Kat edit is just weird.  

Meredith - can you be just a little more whiny?

Bret - LOVE HER!!  And I hope she comes back next year, as long as her health allows it.

Gina Marie - I hope she comes back as well

CORE - Kelli is so concerned about the chemistry of the groups.  If mixing strong vets with weak vets, and adding strong rookies and weak rookies worked before......but then you wouldn't be able to do a commercial within the show.  It's probably to get back at viewers who were tired of the Cowboys Fit promos

Travis Wall - didn't like the song, didn't like the dance, think he needs to look beyond VK cause there is no way she was the best in the room.   I mean, I know she's "changed" and all, but still.

CMT - I don't think you're showing VK enough on the show or on social media🤣😂

Kelsi Reich mentioned on her old blog that she had to miss her grandfather's funeral for a game:(

No way! Billie Eilish is the new sound of pop. She’s my Tim Burton Pop Princess and I LOVE HER. Trav really brought the song to life. Amy gave me chills watching her perform that song, which surprised me bc she’s usually a little bland. 

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

No way! Billie Elish is the new sound of pop. She’s my Tim Burton Pop Princess and I LOVE HER. Trav really brought the song to life. Amy gave me chills watching her perform that song, which surprised me bc she’s usually a little bland. 

I'd be open to hearing more from her.  Sometimes you may not like one song by an artist, but you may like another one🤷‍♀️.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Diversity.

Soooooooooo. If they were that concerned with "diversity," couldn't they just have KEPT GABBY?!?!?!?!?!??!!? Sorry, I'll stop yelling now. #stillnotoverthis.

😠😡🤬

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
8 minutes ago, Lona said:

Soooooooooo. If they were that concerned with "diversity," couldn't they just have KEPT GABBY?!?!?!?!?!??!!? Sorry, I'll stop yelling now. #stillnotoverthis.

😠😡🤬

Yeah that diversity spiel was such a crock by Kelli.  Clearly they know the public is criticizing them.  If you're going to have women on the squad who can't dance, you might as well make some of them WOC and coach them up.  That way you're not forced to keep Kat just because she's black (if that's the reason).  Better yet keep some of the gorgeous WOC who can clearly dance like Geena Rojas and hip hop girl.  And God forbid if Ashlee, Briana, Kat or even Chandi has a season ending injury.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Law Mom said:

There is no way on God's green Earth that a DCC would be excused from a game so she can spend a game day decorating her classroom.

As a former public school teacher, we went "back to school" a week before the students. During that week, we were given plenty of time to set up and decorate our classrooms. Schools were also open to teachers to finish things up on the weekend or you could stay as late as you wished during the week.

The only thing I would think you could not miss would be a "Back to School/Meet the Teacher" night. This though, was usually during the first week of classes. I realize that other school systems, private schools, etc. may be different, but most follow the schedule I mentioned. Overall, nothing takes place on weekends in public schools that require a teacher to attend (with the exception of high school coaches when their team reaches championships in sports).

15 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Yeah that diversity spiel was such a crock by Kelli.  Clearly they know the public is criticizing them.  If you're going to have women on the squad who can't dance, you might as well make some of them WOC and coach them up.  That way you're not forced to keep Kat just because she's black (if that's the reason).  Better yet keep some of the gorgeous WOC who can clearly dance like Geena Rojas and hip hop girl.  And God forbid if Ashlee, Briana, Kat or even Chandi has a season ending injury.

Agree with all of this. Also Alexandria and Raven. I know the DCC have several white Hispanic girls but I’d love to see some brown Latinas on the team too. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'd be open to hearing more from her.  Sometimes you may not like one song by an artist, but you may like another one🤷‍♀️.

Try "Ocean Eyes". I think it's lovely and a little ethereal.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

And God forbid if Ashlee, Briana, Kat or even Chandi has a season ending injury.

Ya know, with the rate they're going with outlandish cuts, I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of Ashlee, Briana or Chandi next season but keep Kat. 😂

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, loveanddcc said:

No way! Billie Eilish is the new sound of pop. She’s my Tim Burton Pop Princess and I LOVE HER. Trav really brought the song to life. Amy gave me chills watching her perform that song, which surprised me bc she’s usually a little bland. 

My kids love Billie Eilish. It makes my ears bleed.

I now understand why my parents hated *N Sync and Britney Spears. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I was thinking about Gina Marie's cut and how she said she would take classes and come back next year. I recall that she was starting her freshman year at SMU, so my initial thought was that she would be better off joining the Pom Squad where she get some relevant experience and could still take some extra classes. But then I saw that her Instagram, which used to say "Ephesians 3:20 Texas Forever SMU '23" now just says "Ephesians 3:20 Texas Forever." Did she decide not to go to college this year? Anyone have any inside info?

15 minutes ago, AgnesHorton said:

?

Isn't this the very example of affirmative action?

We should be very passed making sure there were 'enough' WOC on the team. There were several I thought were overlooked at finals that would be better fits than some they chose (Gina Marie for example). I don't care what color someone is along as they meet the standards for the job they are applying for. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Speaking of VK, is it impossible for her teeth to not be showing? I mean even when she's not smiling, her mouth is open & those teeth are visible. At one point she was doing Travis's dance & had a serious expression & her hair was falling over her face & I could still see those blazingly white chompers.

VK is a mouth breather.  It’s actually her mouth breathing that has caused her overbite.  She probably also sleeps with her mouth wide open which causes lots of issues including an overbite, weaker chin etc.  She’s still young so she could visit a myofunctional therapist to teach her to close her mouth and put her tongue in the right place! 

A little Botox would help with the gummy smile as well 😁

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

VK is a mouth breather.  It’s actually her mouth breathing that has caused her overbite.  She probably also sleeps with her mouth wide open which causes lots of issues including an overbite, weaker chin etc.  She’s still young so she could visit a myofunctional therapist to teach her to close her mouth and put her tongue in the right place! 

I have a hilarious visual of this in my head now

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

I love Billie Eilish! If you watch her Bad Guy video, I believe what Travis Wall taught the girls last night is the same choreography. It is very possible he was the choreographer for Billie's video and just taught the same routine to the DCC. At a minimum, some of the moves are the same. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, go4luca said:

Long time lurker, first time posting. 🙂

I'm surprised nobody has noticed the brunette that's preoccupied with her hair then messes up at 1:45.

3 hours ago, AgnesHorton said:

I think it would absolutely suck to know one made the team for the sake of diversity.  How demeaning.

Well, if Kat feels bad, she should go chat with upper vets Savannah and Christina, who both struggled their way through training camp as rookies and apparently don’t feel that their selection was demeaning. Or she can talk to any of the other former DCCs who struggled and still made it (there’s several, so Kat has lots of ppl to call if she needs encouragement). 

With that said, I don’t buy that she made it - and that’s if she actually is a full fledged member and not an alternate - for diversity. That implies that they actually value having a diverse team. If anything, I think they care that they were criticized about diversity, which is different. Now, it’s too late to go back and select any of the other woc or to give Gabby the same leeway that Tasha, for example, was given for showing up to auditions out of shape. Therefore, Kat it is. 

However, I think Kat’s looks are helping her more than anything else. She’s gorgeous and continually gets called out for being gorgeous (rookie Meredith is in a similar boat in terms of struggling but being stunningly beautiful). If Kat looked like Keyra, whose look they never liked, she would be gone IMO, regardless of anything else.

• Love 14