Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

I think the triangles are about what’s going to look best on screen. That means the prettiest girls who can consistently do the choreography. A Tess Gina Hannah triangle would be too harsh. They all have harsh features. Molly softens them out.

It’s not about who’s individually more beautiful, it’s about the picture that’s created by the three girls in front of the camera.

Show group is based more on who’s the best technical dancer.... I would imagine that they put some girls on show group for looks and interview skills, but a lot of them make it bc they can do tricks and skills 

Group triangle placement has always gone by seniority. Looks has nothing to do it. This is the 1st year that I know of that a 2nd year has been in front of a 3rd year (Savannah). I'm guessing because Savannah can't be trusted up front without messing up. If it was based on looks, she would be in the triangle. I just wish they had done the same thing and put Jaylyn in front of Christina. I don't think Christina messes up though. She's just a stiff, boring dancer with no power. 

• Love 3

Was thinking to myself:

Were Ashley and Gina Marie's cuts the quickest we've seen on the show? I'm trying to remember if anyone was cut in the first week, but I don't think that's the case. Historians, help please? 😂. GM seems like a really nice person, but clearly she wasn't ready this year.

Oh, so that's what Ashley P's voice sounds like. Cool! Thought she was going to get the silent treatment like Chantel. ;).

Travis Wall is awesome! Really enjoyed his segment!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I liked the Episode in general, but a big chunk of it was kind of the “Kat show.” 

They opened with Kat getting a manicure- during that, she gets a text telling her that she had to move because someone in her host family was deathly allergic to cats. She had stayed there only 1 night- who brings a cat to someone else’s house without asking?   Then they show a lot about her dancing- Travis Wall notices the same weakness we saw at auditions. 

Other stuff in the episode I liked: we knew about who was cut, but apparently they are trying to cut early this year instead of drawing out the time that a TCC stays so it’s easier on everyone. Ashley cut for kicks, Gina Marie- dance experience and choreo pick up problems. Instead of that heart wrenching ending of camp cut, they are doing it now. I love that approach. 

I LOVED Travis Wall and his teaching style!!!! So much fun to watch. 

They also showed that the personality testing was used to help them put dancers into groups. 

Since we knew some of the outcomes, it was good to see how it actually played out. 

Well they’re saying that they don’t want to drag it out but that’s exactly what they ended up doing. They do the same every year and they can’t convince us it’s because they have a hard time making cuts when we can all see who’s the weakest of the batch.

6 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Why didn't Lisa make SG?

Pages ago it was said that K&J thought of this Rookie class as weak but Kelli contradicted that on tonight's show by saying it's a strong Rookie class. Any thoughts?

Lisa didn’t make SG because one spot was already occupied and I guess the other two seemed better than her?

Kelli always says it’s their strongest rookie class.EVERY DAMN YEAR. Unless they assume they only get new viewers each season, I don’t understand what she thinks she’ll accomplish with this.

5 hours ago, Rosie-Brooklyn said:

Not going to lie, I expected to come here and see a bunch of praise for Kat because she said that she'd rather be homeless than give up her cat. Cat people-- in my experience-- regard this as the gold standard of viewpoints. 

Meh, dog people gave the same standard tbh. If you decide to bring an animal into your home, you better be prepared to treat them like family.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I liked the Episode in general, but a big chunk of it was kind of the “Kat show.” 

They opened with Kat getting a manicure- during that, she gets a text telling her that she had to move because someone in her host family was deathly allergic to cats. She had stayed there only 1 night- who brings a cat to someone else’s house without asking?   Then they show a lot about her dancing- Travis Wall notices the same weakness we saw at auditions. 

Other stuff in the episode I liked: we knew about who was cut, but apparently they are trying to cut early this year instead of drawing out the time that a TCC stays so it’s easier on everyone. Ashley cut for kicks, Gina Marie- dance experience and choreo pick up problems. Instead of that heart wrenching ending of camp cut, they are doing it now. I love that approach. 

I LOVED Travis Wall and his teaching style!!!! So much fun to watch. 

They also showed that the personality testing was used to help them put dancers into groups. 

Since we knew some of the outcomes, it was good to see how it actually played out. 

Did she say she didn't ask or are you just assuming?

• Love 13
12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Brooke does this every year. The rare times we see her, it's usually just the back of her. She does the same thing after the training camp participants are selected. It's probably helpful to have someone wrangle everyone, give them the rundown, and handle the administrative stuff while Kelli and Judy are being filmed, thanking the judges and everyone who helped out, etc.  I'm sure there are a lot of details to manage and it helps to have people to handle these different aspects of the day and keep things running smoothly.

Brooke was a very popular cheerleader in the 90s. I believe she was the one who ran the SoDCC newsletter.

1312908765_brookewickeralexanderq4qPT_St_117.jpeg.246569d4513deba31d862d0689288984.jpeg

1364735914_BrookeWicker-Alexander9cyUc_St_117.jpeg.d2ff82bcce6e3dd33e004191cbdba7c0.jpeg

387764661_BrookeWickerAlexanderDE7D0892-AB96-406B-B360-719DB8A9559F.thumb.jpg.jpeg.99981546c5d3087e7b302132890334d9.jpeg

Brooke Wicker in the 90s. She overlapped with Shelly for a bit.

85206104_1995Cowboys_BrookeWicker(yr4).png.2c36345d928d2f169252d63b69b3084e.png

This was apparently pre "Kelli knot" in the blouse, because she certainly couldn't rest her chin on her bosoms if she became exhausted from whipping those wispy bangs around. 

• LOL 11
11 hours ago, Ssaallluuu said:

I think amanda is stunning. She has model features. Wide set eyes. Also a little hooded what they used to call bedroom eyes. Nice difference to a lot of the other overly perky eyes. 

I agree that Amanda has strikingly beautiful eyes. I remember her from Face Off.  IMHO, the blondes on the team often coast on the long blonde hair, whereas the brunettes typically have to have facial beauty to make the team. This is not the case for Amanda. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lona said:

Was thinking to myself:

Were Ashley and Gina Marie's cuts the quickest we've seen on the show? I'm trying to remember if anyone was cut in the first week, but I don't think that's the case. Historians, help please? 😂. GM seems like a really nice person, but clearly she wasn't ready this year.

They cut a girl the second night of dancing (so 3rd training camp night including the first meeting) because they were sent nude photos of her taken by an ex-boyfriend who wanted to ruin her chances to make DCC. I want to say this was season 7? Maybe 6. I could be wrong on the season, but pretty sure it was 6 or 7, someone else can correct the season.  

But I’ve never seen them cut so early for dance stuff. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 2

Do we know if Lisa even wanted show group? Trying to remember if Melissa and Amy T balanced STEM careers while on show group...I think they might have done internships and side hustles, but not worked full time. Lauren dropped to lighter hours too, IIRC, but I suppose a nurse could pull 3, 36 hour shifts per week if the days were balanced correctly. 

The other thing I think of with Lisa is that she’s sooooo petite, and Ashlee already fills the shortie slot plus she’s a POC. 

4 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Do we know if Lisa even wanted show group? Trying to remember if Melissa and Amy T balanced STEM careers while on show group...I think they might have done internships and side hustles, but not worked full time. Lauren dropped to lighter hours too, IIRC, but I suppose a nurse could pull 3, 36 hour shifts per week if the days were balanced correctly. 

The other thing I think of with Lisa is that she’s sooooo petite, and Ashlee already fills the shortie slot plus she’s a POC. 

Briana is a shortie also 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Briana is a shortie also 

I loved the scene where Briana was coaching Chandi.  It was awesome when she said you want the men to want you and the women to want to be your best friend.

• Love 22
26 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I loved the scene where Briana was coaching Chandi.  It was awesome when she said you want the men to want you and the women to want to be your best friend.

Was nice to see her bc we don’t see much of her 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

They cut a girl the second night of dancing (so 3rd training camp night including the first meeting) because they were sent nude photos of her taken by an ex-boyfriend who wanted to ruin her chances to make DCC. I want to say this was season 7? Maybe 6. I could be wrong on the season, but pretty sure it was 6 or 7, someone else can correct the season.  

That was Carla,  She was brought into Training Camp when Alyssa Torres and several other vets were cut.  Carla was never strikingly pretty and was a pretty weak dancer from what we were shown in auditions which left people wondering why she was brought in.  If TPTB knew about the pictures before Finals, they wouldn't (or shouldn't) have brought her into Camp.  She was cut the 2nd night of filming and Kelli said "She was young and stupid and, unfortunately nothing is private anymore." Judy chimed in with "Don't blame that on anyone but yourself, you have the camera in your hand."  After a few more comments, Kelli then said "There is no recovery on this particular situation.  There is no question who it is or who it was or what she was displaying.  It's just a bad choice."

Carla was understandably upset that her ex would do something like that, but instead of saying something along the lines of "I did something stupid and I trusted the wrong person with something that was of a private nature not to be shared"-type of thing, she said "The lesson is to not trust anyone out there.  You never know who's real or fake and don't trust boyfriends. They're all liars." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

My thoughts on this latest episode:

1) Yea, Kat, for being a good furbaby parent!

2) I love Billie Elish, so was thrilled to hear "Bad Guy" as the song for Travis' choreo. Got a kick out of Rachel W.'s "duh" face at the end.

3) Had to brace myself mentally for Travis Wall's anthem of praise to VK. Yeah, she's dancing a little better, but I am disappointed we didn't see much of the stellar 2nd, and 3rd, year vets dancing to this song. I want to SEE how Jaylyn, Gina, Bridget, Hannah and ( I have to admit to myself) Rachel W. handle this choreo.

4) Lisa kicked A** during this dance! 

5) The mid-practice cuts were a bit jarring, but I can see why it was done this way. I just hope the rookies cut got to say goodbye to the friends they've made on the squad.

6) Amy: sweet person, most likely a very good group leader; but yeah, very plain vanilla. 

Edited by Muckypup61
misspelled word
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Taralightner said:

That was Carla Ann, who also thought Michele Obama was the Presidential Candidate.  I thought she should have been dropped after panel.  So I guess it would have been 2012.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

But I don't see the brilliant dancer Travis saw. Just don't. I don't think she's necessarily awful. I do think she has improved a little. But I don't see the WOW at all. Don't see her as "the best" in the room.

Totally agree with this. I don't get it. She's not bad, and she does the DCC choreo well. But it seems like she hugs her shoulders up to her ears when she dances. I don't see what he's talking about--best in the room? Better than Jalyn? Bridgette? What???

• Love 11

I have watched this series since the very beginning and look forward to every episode each year.  My biggest gripe is how CMT hones in on just a few of the candidates each season.  Personally, I feel that we are being g***** from seeing all of the other candidates which would make the show far more interesting. 

I am already done with "The Kat Show" and so I'm watching the program delayed so I can zip through her "interviews."   Honestly, I was sitting in total shock when they showed that totally scripted spiel in the salon with her getting a manicure.  Yuck   Like so many of you have stated, why is she being given the extra time to develop and other candidates not?? 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

Melissa W. cheered her first year as a DCC and was in show group during her senior year of college which is pretty amazing to me considering her engineering major. I am not sure about her job situation the other two years as a DCC. 

Whatever Amy T. is doing now for her job must be pretty awesome, if you follow her on Instagram she has certainly lived her best life this summer traveling around Europe.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, DCCdazzle said:

Like so many of you have stated, why is she being given the extra time to develop and other candidates not?? 

I'm guessing it's like every other year they have the "come back" girl.  They aren't nearly as awful as portrayed the previous year.  Some DCC fairy visits them before the next year and mends all their shortcomings and gives them an extra dose of talent.  Course sometimes it take several years and several fairies.

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Kelli always says it’s their strongest rookie class.EVERY DAMN YEAR. Unless they assume they only get new viewers each season, I don’t understand what she thinks she’ll accomplish with this.

Yup.  Every year.  I don't think there's anything wrong with admitting when you have "rebuilding" years, for instance, but Kelli seems to think that admitting the squad isn't getting better each and every year is super shameful or something.

• Love 3

I am trying super hard to get into this season and it's just not happening. I'm not even sure I could blame Vikkie for it at this point...I watched last night's episode and continue to struggle with why they kept Kat. I realize they don't want women too invested so they don't wind up with another Malena; but Kat is, I dare say, a darker skinned Vikkie 1.0 in terms of interview quality, dance ability and beauty. And...she's older and therefore, should be able to come across more mature than she is. If I were Malena, and see what they're doing this year, I'd be pissed. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Btw, the reason they took 37 is that two of them are alternates. 

Wait so Rachel A , a three year showgroup veteran, is an ALTERNATE?! What happened??? Why even stay on the team?! 

8 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Diversity.

I mean that’s what I figured and honestly, that IS a valid reason to keep her. They need the diversity and she’s coachable. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Wait so Rachel A , a three year showgroup veteran, is an ALTERNATE?! What happened??? Why even stay on the team?! 

Rachel posted last Monday from her job, which looked like an elementary school teacher, at least there where lots of small children running around a classroom.  She showed a gift she got from one of her “students” who was homeschooled.  I like to think that since Sunday was a pre-season game, that she was able to take that day off to prepare for the first day of school, and that one of the alternates was filling in for her.  I can’t imagine that she would be an alternate herself.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Rachel posted last Monday from her job, which looked like an elementary school teacher, at least there where lots of small children running around a classroom.  She showed a gift she got from one of her “students” who was homeschooled.  I like to think that since Sunday was a pre-season game, that she was able to take that day off to prepare for the first day of school, and that one of the alternates was filling in for her.  I can’t imagine that she would be an alternate herself.  

Ok that makes more sense. So if two are alternates technically only 35 made the team? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes.

Woooooow that is something...that they couldn’t settle on 36 and had to make two people alternates...

the two alternates have no guarantee of performing right? Or one will always at least perform? 

I’m guessing Kat and Meredith? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Woooooow that is something...that they couldn’t settle on 36 and had to make two people alternates...

the two alternates have no guarantee of performing right? Or one will always at least perform? 

I’m guessing Kat and Meredith? 

I am agreeing on Kat and Meredith.

• Useful 2

So 35 on the team and 2 alternates. But we've seen 36 at a time perform. When Rachel A. was out (for work), Kat performed. But so did everyone else, right?. So who is the second alternate?

5 hours ago, kalibean said:

Stupid question, what is this stem careers? I’ve never heard of it.

3 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

My thoughts on this latest episode:

1) Yea, Kat for being a good furbaby parent!

2) I love Billie Elish, so was thrilled to hear "Bad Guy" as the song for Travis' choreo. Got a kick out of Rachel W.'s "duh" face at the end.

3) Had to brace myself mentally for Travis Wall's anthem of praise to VK. Yeah, she's dancing a little better, but I am disappointed we didn't see much of the stellar 2nd, and 3rd, year vets dancing to this song. I want to SEE how Jaylyn, Gina, Bridget, Hannah and ( I have to admit to myself) Rachel W. handle this choreo.

4) Lisa kicked A** during this dance! 

5) The mid-practice cuts were a bit jarring, but I can see why it was done this way. I just hope the rookies cut got to say goodbye to the friends they've made on the squad.

6) Amy: sweet person, most likely a very good group leader; but yeah, very plain vanilla. 

I was going to comment about the last episode, but you said everything I was thinking. 

• Love 1
On 8/27/2019 at 4:08 PM, Dal8las said:

I know they did meet the team, but its not like they wont cut a girl...what season was that one Kaitlin girl that made it and the then went MIA. 

5009951_orig.jpg

Kaitlin LeGrand? She didn't ever make the squad as a vet.  She was cut during her 2nd training camp. 

Not sure what happened to Kaitlin LaRae (is this the one that went MIA?)20180722_173747.jpg.06c87c4b7937a4fb9329

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

5009951_orig.jpg

Kaitlin LeGrand? She didn't ever make the squad as a vet.  She was cut during her 2nd training camp. 

Not sure what happened to Kaitlin LaRae (is this the one that went MIA?)20180722_173747.jpg.06c87c4b7937a4fb9329

I wasn't on the boards at that time but I believe Kaitin LaRae is the one who went MIA after making the team. IIRC she didn't make it through preseason, or very early in the season. 

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I wasn't on the boards at that time but I believe Kaitin LaRae is the one who went MIA after making the team. IIRC she didn't make it through preseason, or very early in the season. 

She was released during TC after flaking out -- she had missed a rehearsal and then came to the last night of training came in the wrong costume.

IMHO she was under the influence.

She got busted not too long ago.

Per info on another Board, Kaitlin LaRae was late to something or other and lost her veteran status and and decided to try out.  To me she was an incredible flake -- she tanned right before cameos after all the girls had been told not to.  She reminded me a lot of Kat Dunn.

I checked her her FB she had a bunch of pageant stuff for sale as of last year.  

Edited by MTTFan