Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

😂 all the ladies looked like they had a lot of fun doing all those diffrent obstacles courses 

A testament to their professionalism. I am sure these girls had better things to do with their free time than some staged nonsense for a TV show. But hey, one girl gets a free tee shirt.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

On VK's Instagram, she posted a picture of her and Mrs. T (Pity the fool who cuts my daughter from training camp) and Mrs. T was wearing one of those alumna cheerleader football jerseys.  I mean, Heaven Forbid we forget for a second that SHE WAS A DCC TOO!!!

You know, Tina was really lucky to be on the escalator with Kelli that day back in 1984.  She sure found the right person to hitch her wagon to.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Omg I was on the boards wayyyy back when they did these and EVERYONE made fun of them and bitched about these segments. Like, every single page every time a Jay segment was shown was complaining about them. “Less Jay” everyone said. Which is one reason why I think you rarely if ever see Jay. Although I’m not sure if they even do them anymore... they used to cheer outside in the heat at Texas Stadium and really needed that conditioning training. 

Anyway, I just cracked up when I read your post because I remember all the complaining back in the day! 😂😂😂 I actually like Jay and miss those segments. 

I was one of them....they were horrible.  Why do you need an army guy?  So glad they are gone!

• Love 9
5 hours ago, kalibean said:

After binging Pluto all weekend, I gotta say that as a performer, VK is better than many stragglers who have made the team in the past. I still can’t believe Savannah and Christina made it their rookie years, and all the way back to Season One I saw worse on the field.

Her personality has some growing up to do for sure (especially after last year, woooooo that was bad) but she passes muster on the turf IMO.  Show group I don’t get tho, since she’s a technical mess.

I completely agree!

• Love 2

That one is from 2014. Wonder why she was selected over girls like Gina. Although to be fair, she has some clips of (apparently) her performing his choreo and i can’t tell if the problem is VK or his actual choreo, because to me it looks awful (as most lyrical pieces for me).

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Omg I was on the boards wayyyy back when they did these and EVERYONE made fun of them and bitched about these segments. Like, every single page every time a Jay segment was shown was complaining about them. “Less Jay” everyone said. Which is one reason why I think you rarely if ever see Jay. Although I’m not sure if they even do them anymore... they used to cheer outside in the heat at Texas Stadium and really needed that conditioning training. 

Anyway, I just cracked up when I read your post because I remember all the complaining back in the day! 😂😂😂 I actually like Jay and miss those segments. 

I remember that, back in the TWOP days.  I also remember they used to have them in bikini's doing stupid shit just to bounce around for the men folk.  I think many of us were annoyed by the screaming military thing and the jiggle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, kalibean said:

After binging Pluto all weekend, I gotta say that as a performer, VK is better than many stragglers who have made the team in the past. I still can’t believe Savannah and Christina made it their rookie years, and all the way back to Season One I saw worse on the field.

Her personality has some growing up to do for sure (especially after last year, woooooo that was bad) but she passes muster on the turf IMO.  Show group I don’t get tho, since she’s a technical mess.

Yeah, I don’t find her as unbearable as most do here. I did think she did well with the Travis Wall choreo even though it wasn’t my cup of tea and don’t think he has any reason to suck up to Kelli/Judy or lie about how much he liked Victoria’s dancing. I also think she’s pretty but her teeth are large which is distracting sometimes. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

So I was out of town and just got to watch the episode last night.  First, when they announced group leaders that was the most I've seen of Gina since the show started this season.  Why are they not showing her at all?  Second, it's like Jalyn isn't even there.  I think I MAY have seen her behind someone.  She hasn't even been mentioned.  We all know she didn't make show group, but crap!  Poor Alexandra needs to cut her losses and move on with her life.  What was the weird "what's on your Ancestry page?" question from Kelli during uniform fittings?  It's like a cover for "what's your ethnic heritage so we can highlight it on national TV and all pretend we are a diverse squad?"  While I agree with cutting these ladies sooner rather than later, it sucks that they're cut in the middle of rehearsal and just have to cry alone and leave without saying goodbye to anyone.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I concur.  I hated them then and I hate them now watching back old seasons.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

That one is from 2014. Wonder why she was selected over girls like Gina. Although to be fair, she has some clips of (apparently) her performing his choreo and i can’t tell if the problem is VK or his actual choreo, because to me it looks awful (as most lyrical pieces for me).

She’s really pretty without her current makeup regimen. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/02vcb5/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-a-tour-of-the-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-home-stadium

There were some comments a page or so back about the DCC locker room.  I  viewed this video recently with Stadium Ambassador Phil Whitfield, Kelli, and a few cheerleaders.  They do a 6 minute super quick tour of the stadium and begin in the DCC locker room.  I thought it was very interesting and if you haven't seen it you probably will, too!

• Love 2

That explains a few things about his "best in the room" opinion.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

She’s really pretty without her current makeup regimen. 

I think it’s the hair too. She looked young and fresh with her natural hair color but now she looks to be in her late 20s.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 10

I can't help it -- every time I see pictures of her I just have the theme song from Mr. Ed start playing in my head.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Travis is a competition dance studio bot.  He can't see passed the people who shell out all the money for conventions where he teaches.  It pays his bills and he's always slobbering over the people who attend these places.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

Sorry for getting late to the episode discussion, i just finished it but here are my thoughts.

Omg i dont like at all Travis, gurl shut up VK is not that great, but in generali dont like his personality neither his dance, like the girls will never dance that style on public.

The episode was so boring that i watched it in two days and so the season is boring as hell.

This class of rookies are weak and not interesting except for Kelsey who´s not showing so much.

Kelli and Judi are so passive right now that is boring and that comment to Alexandria from Kelli was soooooo unecessary.

Bye.

PS: even tho that i wasnt a fan of Lacey or Kash i kinda miss them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, heckkitty said:

Everything about #illegitimateDCC wreaks of pleasing Auntie Kelli and not pissing off the princess and again, not born out of wedlock, wearing boots/stars she did not earn...

• Love 13
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I'm afraid I can't take credit for the #illegitimateDCC -- it was coined by some of the current squad members to describe VK.

Oh no, not again. This is absolutely toxic and unprofessional behavior, not to mention immature and kind of psycho. I stand by my previous position that they should be disciplined if not outright fired. I expect more from a DCC.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Oh no, not again. This is absolutely toxic and unprofessional behavior, not to mention immature and kind of psycho. I stand by my previous position that they should be disciplined if not outright fired. I expect more from a DCC.

Yikes that is kind of toxic...I get why but like it is a team and you need to work with the person. If you honestly can’t, then you need to leave that’s just adding issues to the issues 

• Love 7
Just now, Mercurialsteph said:

Yikes that is kind of toxic...I get why but like it is a team and you need to work with the person. If you honestly can’t, then you need to leave that’s just adding issues to the issues 

That's one way for VK to get point her rookie year.  Run off everyone on the team.  Again, perhaps the team isn't the issue here.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

That's one way for VK to get point her rookie year.  Run off everyone on the team.  Again, perhaps the team isn't the issue here.

No it isn’t but there’s sadly always this in the entertainment business especially, people get roles because of their parents/partner/whatever. And you can either make it worse by calling people names behind their backs or try to be the adult in the room and not do this. She also could help the situation by working her ass off and not acting like a damn diva....two way street 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

I expect more from an organization that calls itself world class. If one is not qualified to be on the team, they should not be whether its behavior or dance ability or both in her case. TPTB created this toxicity & princess illegitimate boots perpetuates it... 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I can't help it -- every time I see pictures of her I just have the theme song from Mr. Ed start playing in my head.  

Useless Trivia: Mr. Ed's real name was Bamboo Harvester. 

On another note...I'm going to be sorry to see Brett go. She seems like a sweetheart.

Ugh, now I have that damned song in my head. ::wandering off singing, "A horse is a horse, of course, of course..."::

Mister_Ed.jpg

victoriaakalina_7_8_2019_17_52_44_790.jpg.f2fd4b8389ee5077bcf407168668f18e.jpg

Edited by Agent Gully
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I would hate to see how she acts a veteran 

Well if CMT holds true to form, once a cheerleader becomes a veteran, they tend to focus on them a lot less. I mean there have been plenty of seasons of the show where I've wanted to see what was going on with my favorite vets, only to be disappointed when they are hardly mentioned at all for the remainder of their time on the squad. I'm strongly hoping that the standard lessening of attention on vets holds true in VK's case.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Nope, sorry. We've all had co-workers we felt were not deserving of the job, but if we acted this way we would be unceremoniously dumped. Frankly I can only think of one DCC who might have done this and if so it explains a LOT. She's lucky to have kept her boots at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Nope, sorry. We've all had co-workers we felt were not deserving of the job, but if we acted this way we would be unceremoniously dumped. Frankly I can only think of one DCC who might have done this and if so it explains a LOT. She's lucky to have kept her boots at all.

Who would you think would do that? 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Well if CMT holds true to form, once a cheerleader becomes a veteran, they tend to focus on them a lot less.

They also tend to focus less on comeback girls and who are they focusing on this season?

7 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Insiders have been giving us names for years of mean girls, girls who hide behind the computer screen, tattletales, etc.  Did K&J deal with them?  That's why I rolled my eyes when Kelli was talking about this CORE test and how the chemistry of the groups was important.  Yes, it is, but so is proper management.

• Love 9

It is really childish and catty to smile in someone’s face and give them a bad nickname behind their back. Not very becoming of someone who is on a “world class” team.

Sure, nepotism sucks but that’s literally everywhere. It’s who you know. Other girls might  have got made the team by floating by on their looks. You use what you have to get you where to want to be in life. I can’t hate on someone for that. 

Now I will say Victoria was extremely immature and entitled last year. This year, the reports on her behavior are all hearsay. She’s been fine this season in my opinion. She isn’t the worst dancer in the room by far from what we’ve seen. I just can’t get behind this whole conspiracy that literally anyone who compliments her is doing it to appease TPTB and that everyone else hates her guts.

• Love 12

Honestly I don't think anyone on the team did this. I think the whole thing is made up. That is my opinion and I am entitled to express it. Go down the roster. Would nice Mormon girl Maddie do this? Of course not. Would sweet Miranda? Never. Heather, who spent a year working her way back into the team's good graces? No way. Kat, who knows she is the least legitimate person on the team? Doubtful. Caroline, the consummate professional? Bridget, who is so well liked? Gina, who would never feel threatened by anyone? Hannah, who has been bullied herself? Christina, a mature woman in her 30s? Amy, the seasoned veteran? No, no, no. Jalyn was allegedly punished this year for toxic behavior by being cut from SG (if you believe the rumor) so I suppose it is possible, but one would think she would be on her best behavior after that strike. 

Instead of asking me, ask the person making the claim.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Honestly I don't think anyone on the team did this. I think the whole thing is made up. That is my opinion and I am entitled to express it. Go down the roster. Would nice Mormon girl Maddie do this? Of course not. Would sweet Miranda? Never. Heather, who spent a year working her way back into the team's good graces? No way. Kat, who knows she is the least legitimate person on the team? Doubtful. Caroline, the consummate professional? Bridget, who is so well liked? Gina, who would never feel threatened by anyone? Hannah, who has been bullied herself? Christina, a mature woman in her 30s? Amy, the seasoned veteran? No, no, no. Jalyn was allegedly punished this year for toxic behavior by being cut from SG (if you believe the rumor) so I suppose it is possible, but one would think she would be on her best behavior after that strike. 

There are many better ways of getting attention from strangers on the internet than lying about a teenage girl. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

You re-watched it????   I could barely get thru it the first time🤣

It was hard enough the first time with "you're the sexy bitch" "you are the unobtainable bitch"...how about we not call women bitches?

I think Princess Illegitimate boots may regret posting that picture.  It shows how entitled she is and how rigged the system is against outsiders.

Edited by hathorlive
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

Well if CMT holds true to form, once a cheerleader becomes a veteran, they tend to focus on them a lot less. I mean there have been plenty of seasons of the show where I've wanted to see what was going on with my favorite vets, only to be disappointed when they are hardly mentioned at all for the remainder of their time on the squad. I'm strongly hoping that the standard lessening of attention on vets holds true in VK's case.

Unless the Veteran does something to be on Kelli's shit list (Chelsea, Ann, Olivia....).  Of course if Kitty hadn't opened her big mouth RE Chelsea.....(side note: I don't miss the Kitty segments this year)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I'm sure that Sam Finglass had only good intentions posting this on Instagram. So, this post is absolutely no judgment on her at all. With that said, if I had auditioned for DCC and was cut at any point, especially if I had made it to Training Camp, I would feel a kick to the gut from this post as if it's sending me a giant F-U.

My point exactly.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Ok, now Travis Wall's credibility & objectivity when it comes to princess illegitimate boots must be questioned & doubted from here on out! He has a long-standing history with VK that has never been mentioned on the show before and in the interest of transparency it should have been! Given that history, they should not be asking him to rate or provide feedback on VK's dance performance. I have rewatched that whole dance sequence from the last episode in an effort to understand his "best in the room" comment about VK & I couldn't find justification for it, but now it makes total sense! I've lost all respect for him!

Kiss ass thy name is Travis.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

If she had been a rookie last year, I wonder how many girls she would have caused to retire.  And do we know why Madeline S didn't make the squad - was it lack of power or was it cause Kelli didn't want any "legacy" competition for Victoria?

I think a LOT more girls would have retired this year if Victoria had made the squad last year, especially with everything that was shown.  Between everything that Victoria was doing as well as what Kelli was doing (and the potential for what Victoria COULD get up to if allowed, and she would have been given a lot more leeway than anyone else), we would have seen a lot more than 7 or 8 girls leave.

23 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Apparently for now she’s set her eyes on moving up in the pyramid. 

She may get her chance sooner than we'd like depending on how this year goes for her and who retires.  If she actually learns something and manages to stay in her space (without injuring someone or taking them out), she could move up.  We'll see what happens when auditions happen next year.

23 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

The way she falls out of turns, shouldn't she settle on not moving OUT of the pyramid for now?

She's in a spot where she CAN'T move out of the pyramid without taking quite a few girls with her.  It MIGHT go bad for her if she takes out a chunk of the squad because she did something stupid or didn't learn to control her turns.  I know I'd be pissed if someone got me injured because they couldn't be bothered to learn proper technique (no matter the sport) and management turned a blind eye to it.

23 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Did Victoria tell her or did she find out another way.  Legally, the Dr's office wouldn't have been able to give her any info.

Not sure here as I'm nowhere near the level of these insiders.   It could have been an innocent comment, Victoria could have provided a document that said the Doctor's office could discuss part or all of what happened to certain people like Kelli and Jinelle, any combination of the above or none of the above.  We may never know.

23 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Not to get hyper technical, but there is a difference between telling a third party that someone appeared for an appointment but not telling them what the condition they were seeing the doctor for.

Example:  my gyno told hubbie that I appeared for ultrasound, not the sex of baby.

Whatever the situation was, it did not excuse someone lying to "Auntie Kelli" about it and throwing Jinelle under the bus.  (Memories of Taylor lying about whether or not she had a padded bra on for cameos come to mind.)

There was definitely more to the scene than what we saw and should have been a quick cut and a "Thank you for trying.  Don't bother coming back" speech from Kelli.  Any other girl would have been shown the door and it would have hit her on the way out to speed her along.  She would have also known that a snowball would have a better chance in the Sahara than she would coming back, but nope.  Victoria gets to stay and try again.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Not sure here as I'm nowhere near the level of these insiders.   It could have been an innocent comment, Victoria could have provided a document that said the Doctor's office could discuss part or all of what happened to certain people like Kelli and Jinelle, any combination of the above or none of the above.  We may never know.

I just know I've worked in healthcare (CNA, Office Assistant and Food and Nutrition Aide) and still volunteer @ the local hospital so I've been preached HIPPA for YEARS

Edited by DCCFanInKy
changed some wording
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Law Mom said:

If we are measuring legitimacy, there are others I would call least legitimate. 

• Love 5
On 8/23/2019 at 3:12 PM, hereforthedrama said:

How did Jalyn go from being one of the strongest rookies to one of the worse vets??? At 2:50 you can see she's only before vets Alexis, Miranda, and Christina.

Yeah!! They've barely shown her at all so far, too. Something is up. She must have done something to get on Kelli's bad list because she is phenomenal. I like her look, too. I know she's not as stunningly beautiful as some of the girls, but she's very professional. Makes me mad. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

Yeah!! They've barely shown her at all so far, too. Something is up. She must have done something to get on Kelli's bad list because she is phenomenal. I like her look, too. I know she's not as stunningly beautiful as some of the girls, but she's very professional. Makes me mad. 

I hope she doesn't wind up being another Kaitlin LeGrand

• Love 3
On 8/31/2019 at 9:59 PM, Weeklydcc said:

Yeah that diversity spiel was such a crock by Kelli.  Clearly they know the public is criticizing them.  If you're going to have women on the squad who can't dance, you might as well make some of them WOC and coach them up.  That way you're not forced to keep Kat just because she's black (if that's the reason).  Better yet keep some of the gorgeous WOC who can clearly dance like Geena Rojas and hip hop girl.  And God forbid if Ashlee, Briana, Kat or even Chandi has a season ending injury.

I read a comment that someone left on the video that DCC Alum Maya Hayes posted of the 2019 squad's first pregame performance. It's about the lack of diversity. After Maya gave her response, I looked back at the squads from the past ten years to see how many BGs have made it and counted... 18!

2009 - 6 (3 Veterans, 3 Rookies) - Nicole Hamilton, Ally Traylor, Tia Williams, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse and Vanessa Jenkins.

2010 - 6 (4 Veterans, 2 Rookies) - Ally Traylor, Tia Williams, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher and Sasha Agent.

2011 - 5 (Veterans) - Ally Traylor, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher and Sasha Agent.

2012 - 7 (3 Veterans, 4 Rookies) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2013 - 7 (Veterans) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2014 - 4 (Veterans) - Nicole Bulcher, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2015 - 3 (2 Veterans, 1 Rookie) - Jacie Scott, Jenna Jackson and Robin Richardson.

2016 - 4 (2 Veterans, 2 Rookies) - Jenna Jackson, Robin Richardson, Cersten Bradley and Khalyn Larke.

2017 - 5 (4 Veterans, 1 Rookies) - Jenna Jackson, Robin Richardson, Cersten Bradley, Khalyn Larke and Keyra Ford.

2018 - 3 (1 Veteran, 2 Rookies) - Khalyn Larke, Ashlee F. and Briana B.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I read a comment that someone left on the video that DCC Alum Maya Hayes posted of the 2019 squad's first pregame performance. It's about the lack of diversity. After Maya gave her response, I looked back at the squads from the past ten years to see how many BGs have made it and counted... 18!

2009 - 6 (3 Veterans, 3 Rookies) - Nicole Hamilton, Ally Traylor, Tia Williams, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse and Vanessa Jenkins.

2010 - 6 (4 Veterans, 2 Rookies) - Ally Traylor, Tia Williams, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher and Sasha Agent.

2011 - 5 (Veterans) - Ally Traylor, Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher and Sasha Agent.

2012 - 7 (3 Veterans, 4 Rookies) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2013 - 7 (Veterans) - Jackie Bob, Mia Greenhouse, Nicole Bulcher, Carisa McMillan, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2014 - 4 (Veterans) - Nicole Bulcher, Jacie Scott, Jasmine Goode and Jenna Jackson.

2015 - 3 (2 Veterans, 1 Rookie) - Jacie Scott, Jenna Jackson and Robin Richardson.

2016 - 4 (2 Veterans, 2 Rookies) - Jenna Jackson, Robin Richardson, Cersten Bradley and Khalyn Larke.

2017 - 5 (4 Veterans, 1 Rookies) - Jenna Jackson, Robin Richardson, Cersten Bradley, Khalyn Larke and Keyra Ford.

2018 - 3 (1 Veteran, 2 Rookies) - Khalyn Larke, Ashlee F. and Briana B.

Seeing this makes me wonder what is different now from back in the day. All things considered, 6 or 7 BGs on a squad of 36ish is pretty good. 3 is unacceptable to me.  I’d also like to see more BGs on the team without trying to fit into the DCC cookie cutter. I loved Robin’s hair, but Cersten and Khalyn both have nice natural curls that were always flat ironed or covered in a weave. I know they have a target market, but I also get a lot more attention when I have my hair in natural styles (braids, twists...etc) than when I have a long weave or straightened hair. 

• Love 8