Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I'm dying to see where VK lands in the squad photo.  Typically (but not always), the rookies fill in the back two rows.  Some years, however, a rookie is brought up front -- I have a feeling this will be one of those years.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I'm dying to see where VK lands in the squad photo.  Typically (but not always), the rookies fill in the back two rows.  Some years, however, a rookie is brought up front -- I have a feeling this will be one of those years.

It wouldn't surprise me if at this point, Kelli was reading (or getting reports from)  this forum and will stick her up front just to piss us off. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Point is so interesting this year...Amy is too tall, Maddie is not a typical beauty they have upfront, and Heather is so Vanilla....could they go with an underdog this year? Caroline has my vote!

Amy is not tall. Def average height, just really thin build, long torso, like Jinelle. 

• Love 6

What about the unexpected Tess for point! Ha I think she makes as much sense as Heather. I mean idk how they compare to each other dance-wise. But they're both group leaders and Tess was a second leader last year, both 4th years. Were they both on show group last year? I know Tess isn't considered a rockstar and Heather is hit or miss with people it seems. And I know Tess is super tall so that is something

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I thought those that are on Show Group get better spots in the photo too, regardless if you are a rookie or am I mistaken?

(edited)
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

I thought those that are on Show Group get better spots in the photo too, regardless if you are a rookie or am I mistaken?

I looked at the photo from last year and all rookies are in the last 3 rows.  The rookies in SG are spread throughout rows 4-6.

Rookies in SG do get a better position in the triangle.  I think that is so they are in a similar formation to what a SG only triangle would be.

Edited by Christineelgene
Added info
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I'm wondering if they will do a DCC: Brides VK Special like they did for Cassie 😂 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

I'm wondering if they will do a DCC: Brides VK Special like they did for Cassie 😂 

I was thinking they should have done one for Jordan and Kelsey:)

Has anyone seen any type of episode guide telling us how long the first episode is?  I'm assuming that it will be one hour with just the auditions, and then a one hour ep the next week for semis.  I like to jump to the vets, panel interviews, solos, etc.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

What about the unexpected Tess for point! Ha I think she makes as much sense as Heather. I mean idk how they compare to each other dance-wise. But they're both group leaders and Tess was a second leader last year, both 4th years. Were they both on show group last year? I know Tess isn't considered a rockstar and Heather is hit or miss with people it seems. And I know Tess is super tall so that is something

I think Tess is the only contender for the position behind point. She’s the tallest senior vet, GL and SG. If she makes point then they have to put Taylor behind her.

• Love 6

The fact that point is still undecided leads me away from thinking Maddie will get it. They have watched her dancing next to point for 2 years now, seems like they would know or not already if it was going to be her.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Jennv said:

The fact that point is still undecided leads me away from thinking Maddie will get it. They have watched her dancing next to point for 2 years now, seems like they would know or not already if it was going to be her.

This may be a good year to rotate the spot with the vets in the triangle, instead of one point all year long.  

‘Maddie, Gina, and not sure about the third until I can see more dancing. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, HookEmHorns said:

Did they delete that video of the small group doing jump splits in Slomo that was so awful? I don’t see it anymore on either Instagram page. 

Someone posted it looks like Miranda pushed Cianna down.  Regardless, it doesn't look like a good (safe) pairing due to their height difference.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 5.38.16 PM.png

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I’m sure THEY (K&J) know who point is.  WE just don’t know bc it hasn’t been “announced” yet.  They prob haven’t had a field rehearsal recently bc everyone except rookies have been on vacation and they have to be on the field to assign yard lines for their marks.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, IHopeUDance said:

I’m sure THEY (K&J) know who point is.  WE just don’t know bc it hasn’t been “announced” yet.  They prob haven’t had a field rehearsal recently bc everyone except rookies have been on vacation and they have to be on the field to assign yard lines for their marks.  

I’m just going off Shelli posting that it would not be decided for a few more days

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Point is so interesting this year...Amy is too tall, Maddie is not a typical beauty they have upfront, and Heather is so Vanilla....could they go with an underdog this year? Caroline has my vote!

I'd love to see Caroline or Bridget at point.  Shake things up putting a 2nd year vet up front.  Especially if they have the sparkle and dance chops to carry it.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

Not with this group of girls.  The rookies from last year brought their game.  Some of the vets have improved including Maddie.  I would say it's a hard decision to make - and I'm saying that based on what I've seen while sitting on my couch😂

Edited by scorpio1031
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

When doing a jump split, you are supposed to stay in a split for as long as possible, land in a wide "V" (on the lateral edge of your front foot), and then slide the last little bit into a split on the ground. Miranda is not pushing on Cianna...if she were pushing down, Amy would be affected too.  They all hit their "peak" around the same time.  Cianna brings her front leg down earlier (and bent), lands flat on her foot, which forces her knee to bend more and prevents her from sliding easily into a split.  It wasn't Miranda's fault, Cianna just landed wrong.

2019-07-18 (19).png

Edited by Tootie
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'd love to see Caroline or Bridget at point.  Shake things up putting a 2nd year vet up front.  Especially if they have the sparkle and dance chops to carry it.

CO-SIGN

• Love 4
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Tootie said:

When doing a jump split, you are supposed to stay in a split for as long as possible, land in a wide "V" (on the lateral edge of your front foot), and then slide the last little bit into a split on the ground. Miranda is not pushing on Cianna...if she were pushing down, Amy would be affected too.  They all hit their "peak" around the same time.  Cianna brings her front leg down earlier (and bent), lands flat on her foot, which forces her knee to bend more and prevents her from sliding easily into a split.  It wasn't Miranda's fault, Cianna just landed wrong.

2019-07-18 (19).png

Regardless, as I stated above, IMO, it's not a good pairing.  Cianna is a good dancer.  Miranda for me is not as strong; more bleh.  I do understand the mechanics of a jump split.  I do see what happened with Cianna.  Just saying it's possible Miranda didn't help. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by go4luca
spelled miranda wrong
  • Love 2
(edited)
43 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Regardless, as I stated above, IMO, it's not a good pairing.  Cianna is a good dancer.  Miranda for me is not as strong; more bleh.  I do understand the mechanics of a jump split.  I do see what happened with Cianna.  Just saying it's possible Miranda didn't help. 🤷‍♀️

My post wasn't directed towards you (that's why I didn't quote it)...  Yes, it's not a great pairing but when the video was initially posted, several people immediately jumped on the bandwagon that Miranda caused it.  I was just adding my 2 cents.

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Tootie said:

My post wasn't directed towards you (that's why I didn't quote it)...  Yes, it's not a great pairing but when the video was initially posted, several people immediately jumped on the bandwagon that Miranda caused it.  I was just adding my 2 cents.

I understand.  It's weird b/c when the post first appeared all I saw was everyone bashing Cianna (why I'm sticking up for her, lol).  I have watched this over and over frame by frame.  I think it was an unfortunate series of events and nothing bad intended towards you.  My apologies if it came off that way! 😘

6 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

I looked at the photo from last year and all rookies are in the last 3 rows.  The rookies in SG are spread throughout rows 4-6.

Rookies in SG do get a better position in the triangle.  I think that is so they are in a similar formation to what a SG only triangle would be.

Ah yes, the Slender man arm picture. I hope they have a better squad picture this year.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I understand.  It's weird b/c when the post first appeared all I saw was everyone bashing Cianna (why I'm sticking up for her, lol).  I have watched this over and over frame by frame.  I think it was an unfortunate series of events and nothing bad intended towards you.  My apologies if it came off that way! 😘

Same here!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jennv said:

She will be laying on the floor in front of everybody else

Kelli will have to get down on the floor to show her how to do it like she did with Cassie.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

In 2007 rookies Abigail and Loni got to be in the front row.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Bridget or Caroline would be terrific at point 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Season 14 starts in two weeks.  And where did you get DVD's?????

On many sites. 1 thru 7 on Facebook. 8 thru 13 on ioffer.com. 

34 minutes ago, Busy said:

1 thru 7 on Facebook.

need 1-3...

...I also possibly need a re-evaluation of my immediate life goals given the importance I'm placing on this right now, but that's another story 🤣

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, raindancer said:

need 1-3...

...I also possibly need a re-evaluation of my immediate life goals given the importance I'm placing on this right now, but that's another story 🤣

3 is on Amazon.  Someone said in another thread that all seasons will be included with Prime shortly.  Of course, no 1 and 2.  And of course it's important!!  Just drives me crazy to be missing seasons in a TV show:)  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Ah yes, the Slender man arm picture. I hope they have a better squad picture this year.

Once I saw it I was never able to to unsee it...so I pointed it out to as many people as possible so you all could join me in never unseeing it ;).  Here’s to hoping to better attention to details this year.  

32 minutes ago, raindancer said:

need 1-3...

You and me both!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1