Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I read "somewhere" that TPTB didn't care for Sidney?   

While she was on the team I have no idea, but I believe towards the end of her 63rd year on the team she got that ridiculous movie gig that had DCC inspired cheerleaders that she “choreographed” and stared in. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

@ShellyB

forgot to ask last night on insta, but who is po....

jk, though I think people are extra curious this year because it’s not as obvious as previous years. Kash was a repeat, Jenna was easily going to be point until that whole incident, JKat, etc...there are too many options and wildcards this season. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Newmanbritt said:

I think Heather will get pro bowl. Amy is kinda just there for me.. and you know if anyone else in her class was still there (Amy Trafer, Megan C, Holly, Robyn) Amy would be irrelevant and therefore, I wouldn’t consider she deserves it. That stuff shouldn’t be given to a person just because they decided to come back year after year

----Yes!! I would reather to see Heather or Maddie going to PB, i feel like Amy is the Sydney off dcc, 1000 years but no relevance on the squad.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, California Girl said:

Meredith is gorgeous and has the DCC look.  She really should make the team, the dance perfection will come. 

I agree! I'm a fan of Meredith. She's so pretty and her features kinda reminds me of Megan Fox. I felt she got some unjust hate from the judges last year. Brenda saying shes "about herself" before even speaking to her and her body shape being called a "rectangle"(Which I had no idea was a thing) by that other male judge. And she really moves like a well trained dancer. 

Bridget is my fave DCC and my hope for eventual point. Im ok with Maddie or Amy this year if thats what its coming down to. But probably Amy this time around. Shes a 5th year DCC and leader. She has proven herself.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Jessie S said:

I agree! I'm a fan of Meredith. She's so pretty and her features kinda reminds me of Megan Fox. I felt she got some unjust hate from the judges last year. Brenda saying shes "about herself" before even speaking to her and her body shape being called a "rectangle"(Which I had no idea was a thing) by that other male judge. And she really moves like a well trained dancer. 

Bridget is my fave DCC and my hope for eventual point. Im ok with Maddie or Amy this year if thats what its coming down to. But probably Amy this time around. Shes a 5th year DCC and leader. She has proven herself.  

Food for thought...I just saw this as a promo for the season starting and the way they cropped it, it looks like Amy at point....pure fun speculation...

FA896C0D-B9D2-4A05-817A-4E0D14A851DE.jpeg

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Newmanbritt said:

I think Heather will get pro bowl. Amy is kinda just there for me.. and you know if anyone else in her class was still there (Amy Trafer, Megan C, Holly, Robyn) Amy would be irrelevant and therefore, I wouldn’t consider she deserves it. That stuff shouldn’t be given to a person just because they decided to come back year after year

I definitely agree that Amy got lucky... Tess too and to a certain degree, Maddie-yes, Kelli loves her but no way she would get triangle and get straight to 1GL if we still had the actual rockstars. That’s why I want both Tess and Maddie to retire this year-they overstayed their welcome for me.

Heather though I would like to stay for a 5th year and get pro bowl next year. If she gets it this year then no way she stays on for another.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Was Sidney Durso every pro bowl?

No she did not.  Sydney was a DCC for 7 years (2008-2014).

I looked at the 2012, 2013,  & 2014 squad pictures which were her 5th, 6th, and 7th years. 

My guesses are Whitney I in 2012, Jackie B in 2013, and Holly H in 2014. If I'm wrong someone please correct me. There were a few girls who stayed past 5 years ( Trisha T, Sydney, Jenna) who probably hoped to get PBC but did not.

22 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Is that a record for longest DCC tenure?  Is there an unwritten rule that they should top off at 5 years? 

1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:

Food for thought...I just saw this as a promo for the season starting and the way they cropped it, it looks like Amy at point....pure fun speculation...

FA896C0D-B9D2-4A05-817A-4E0D14A851DE.jpeg

This photo is from last season.  You can see both Gabby and Jessica in the photo.

28 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Is that a record for longest DCC tenure?  Is there an unwritten rule that they should top off at 5 years? 

Well some teams there are a rule dcc I guess it as long as you feel like you can do it 

21 hours ago, LincolnCentMe said:

Does anyone think that there may be a strong possibility that Charlotte has given the approval for a 38-40 group squad? 

I personally think it’s a strong possibility. Just my two Lincoln cents. 

15 hours ago, LincolnCentMe said:

Maybe she said that bc legally she cannot say anything otherwise. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤔

Re:  Shelly not saying anything, I doubt it.  Same for increasing the squad number.  It's been mentioned too many times that 36 is the perfect number for their formations.  36 is a big squad as it is.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I believe Vonciel Baker has the record at 9 years

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I just binge watched season 13 OnDemand and the favortism towards VK is clear from the start. Some of the best examples: during her solo one of the female judges (can't recall her name but she was the one who later asked them questions in the faux TV interviews) started tearing up & getting very emotional & Marshall gave her this look like "I don't get why you're making such a fuss." Then later on when they were reviewing their performances, one of the male judges called VK soft & mentioned how she flailed around & Kelli narrowed her eyes & said "oh really". Then there was the whole thing with her weight gain & how they even let her get 11 pounds heavier when they have busted others cheerleaders for gaining less. And let's not forget Kitty brushing aside VK's weight gain & telling Kelli to give her a chance to turn it around, while in the same  breath she's picking on Vets for their hair or not being noticable.

The hypocrisy too is stunning particularly when it comes to how Dayton was treated compared to VK. Dayton was called out far more often for mistakes whereas when VK messed up, she was treated with kid gloves & called "a beautiful storm." The big thing that ticked me off (knowing what I know now) was Kelli telling Dayton that she wouldn't be getting a spot because of who her mother is. I laughed out loud when that scene came up because we all know that she promised VK a spot due to her closeness to Tina. Its just amazing to me that Kelli & Judy are risking the integrity of the whole training camp process for just one girl.

I just started re watching season 13 and Kelli showed her favoritism for VK over Dayton in the first episode. Kelli stated she expected more from Dayton being a legacy but raved about VK and was teary eyed right from the start of VK’s dance. 😬 I didn’t realize the favoritism was so exposed on Day 1.  

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Pau84 said:

That’s right. Would Amy be so fortunate if Simone, Amy ‘Superstar’ Trader, Elizabeth, Holly ‘Powerhouse’ Powell, Chantel, Mary and Megan ‘World Champion’ Carcioppolo would have stayed on the team?

I don’t think so, and this must be a point of concern for K&J.

Specially concidering how they are managing Jalyn, who is definitely, pound by pound, one of the best on the squad.

I actually was thinking about this.  They have not used tenure to determine point.  Sydney comes to mind.    I like Amy.  She seems very sweet, but I never saw her as a powerful performer.  I can’t remember which guest judge complimented her last season saying she was stronger than she’d ever see her....but that doesn’t mean she’s a point girl.   I’d love for a second year to take it. It was such a powerful group last year.  But for me, KaShara was the epitome of point girl....powerful performer but also a joyful dancer and motivating to her peers.  

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

because we all know that she promised VK a spot due to her closeness to Tina. Its just amazing to me that Kelli & Judy are risking the integrity of the whole training camp process for just one girl.

But she didn't make the team.  We saw what CMT wanted us to see.  At least that's what I believe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

But she didn't make the team.  We saw what CMT wanted us to see.  At least that's what I believe.

If she didn’t gain the weight and didn’t shoot her mouth off, IMO  they had a spot with her name on it. Kelli  wanted her badly and stuck up for her as long as possible hoping VK would get her act together. Don’t forget Kelli is one of the producers so it wasn’t only what CMT wanted us to see. For the record I have nothing against Victoria and hope if she makes the team it’s based on talent and not who she knows.  I respect your opinion and we will disagree on this. 

Edited by Cruisegirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

If she didn’t gain the weight and didn’t shoot her mouth off, IMO  they had a spot with her name on it. Kelli  wanted her badly and stuck up for her as long as possible hoping VK would get her act together. Don’t forget Kelli is one of the producers so it wasn’t only what CMT wanted us to see. For the record I have nothing against Victoria and hope if she makes the team it’s based on talent and not who she knows.  I respect your opinion and we will disagree on this. 

I don't care how CMT edited the season.  They didn't create VK sulking because she didn't make show group, then tell Kelli she was sulking because she didn't make show group.  You can't really spin that type of entitlement away.  She was 11 pounds heavier than tryouts, where she was already fatter than most of the people trying out.  Yet she still believed she HAD a spot on the team.  She didn't have to try harder, be better.  It was her spot.  I'm not sure how this is even up for debate at this point, based on her own words.  And let's focus on Kashara's comment about VK.  She said that VK was thoughtless with her comments.  What the heck was she saying away from the cameras that got that blatant of a red mark from one of the team's leaders? I have a feeling that VK is much worse when she's not on screen.  No one likes entitled brats.  I feel sorry for the girls on the team who will have to walk on egg shells to not upset the precious dear.  Who wants to spend that much time with someone who is more equal than the others?

• Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

8 years - Vonceil Baker

7 years- Vanessa Baker, Regina Tucker, Sydney Durso

6 years- Judy London, Pennie Booker, Trisha Trevino. Jenna Jackson

https://weeklydcc.wordpress.com/tag/vonceil-baker/

Article is from 2014 so I added Jenna's name.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

8 years - Vonceil Baker

7 years- Vanessa Baker, Regina Tucker, Sydney Durso

6 years- Judy London, Pennie Booker, Trisha Trevino. Jenna Jackson

https://weeklydcc.wordpress.com/tag/vonceil-baker/

Well I don’t expect anyone to reach 8 years, let alone exceed them nowadays. Maybe VK who doesn’t seem to have any other aspirations, so I could absolutely see her going for the record.

I know that Hanna, Bridget and Jalyn get a lot of love (and they are my dream triangle along with wildcard Caroline), but I really like Alanna and I think she’s underrated. She looks amazing in the clip and I think it Kashara (?) said last year that she doesn’t make mistakes.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I looked at the 2012, 2013,  & 2014 squad pictures which were her 5th, 6th, and 7th years. 

My guesses are Whitney I in 2012, Jackie B in 2013, and Holly H in 2014. If I'm wrong someone please correct me. There were a few girls who stayed past 5 years ( Trisha T, Sydney, Jenna) who probably hoped to get PBC but did not.

Nicole Bulcher was 2014-2015 PB.  Holly H. was 2015-2016.

This site has individual, and group pics from the beginning to present.

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_of_2014_-_15

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Maybe -- but Kelli is an executive producer and you can't cut and edit in what isn't there.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Nicole Bulcher was 2014-2015 PB.  Holly H. was 2015-2016.

This site has individual, and group pics from the beginning to present.

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_of_2014_-_15

Thanks. I knew I was probably guessing on Holly H. 

For 2017-18 I'm not surprised they omitted Alexandria but surpised they kept Kalyssa and Milan's pictures.

For 2009 Brandi Kilby was omitted from the rookie section and she finished her rookie season.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I love the new intro, it’s been a long time coming. Now i they’d just retire Thunderstruck...

#itsbeen10years

Agree about Thunderstruck but not a fan of the new intro.  Can't pinpoint exactly why.  Hope it grows on me.

44 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Thanks. I knew I was probably guessing on Holly H. 

For 2017-18 I'm not surprised they omitted Alexandria but surpised they kept Kalyssa and Milan's pictures.

For 2009 Brandi Kilby was omitted from the rookie section and she finished her rookie season.

Can someone remind me why Brandi kilby got cut from the website? What went down with her?

(edited)
17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Where are you all seeing the new intro??

We are guessing the DCCMakingtheteam post above might be the new intro.  It may not be.  New promo would be a better choice of words.

Edited by go4luca
clarification
  • Love 2

Not to beat a dead horse here but I still cannot believe Veruca K made SG, I keep thinking back to that scene last year in the office when she said she was upset bc she didn't make it then. TPTB have turned DCC into a joke which could be why the audition numbers are decreasing yearly. How could they reward her rotten behavior? Kelly seems to be living vicariously through Icky Vicky by having her "daughter" on the squad.

Also, let's not push for a larger squad bc I could totally see Tina Kalina forcing her way back onto the squad to be the first mother daughter duo! And hell Kitty prob thinks she could make a comeback too... 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

Can someone remind me why Brandi kilby got cut from the website? What went down with her?

Nothing happened, she finished her rookie season. Brandi was going to audition for another year but changed her mind. She auditioned for the 2010-11 Laker Girls, made the team but left early because she was pregnant. 

The players are supposed to arrive in Oxnard this Thursday, with practice on Saturday, so we should have an idea by next weekend of some kind of formation - maybe:)  

Since they will be in California the week that MTT premieres, I wonder if the girls will make the PR rounds, or if that will be Melissa R again.  I say Melissa, cause not only can she discuss MTT, the Bachelor, and DWTS, but she got sick in the DR, and survived.  The shows can get their money's worth.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Yes, she didn't make the squad and her OWN actions (for the most part) are why she didn't.  She gained at least 11 pounds DURING TRAINING CAMP and that was even after coming in heavier then the other girls.  She was an appearance risk and KaShara even said about her "Did you think about it before you said it?" which indicates that Victoria spouts things off WITHOUT thinking about it which feeds right back into the appearance risk.  She LIED to Jinelle and even lied to Kelli in the office and it was caught on camera (which we saw).  There were likely other things, but Kelli STILL tried to put her on the squad to the point where Kelli kept her until the last scheduled night of Training Camp before cutting her and these were only what we knew about.

I do put some of this on Kelli because she kept Victoria on despite everything Victoria did which, in the past, would have gotten any other girl cut (and has).  However, that doesn't excuse ANYTHING that Victoria did, which other girls were not allowed to get away with.

As for the editing, we got very good evidence WHY Victoria didn't make the squad.  We also saw that Kelli was doing everything she could to make that happen.  I would like to see what WASN'T aired because that might help explain things, but then we'd STILL get the "it was all edited" and "reality shows aren't REAL" and "you weren't there so how would you know?" type comments.

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, IHopeUDance said:

Q: If they did... what song would you suggest to replace Thunderstruck? 

I'd like to see them go back to using different songs thru the season.  They could always take a couple of the sideline dances and expand upon them as well.

21 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I just binge watched season 13 OnDemand and the favortism towards VK is clear from the start. Some of the best examples: during her solo one of the female judges (can't recall her name but she was the one who later asked them questions in the faux TV interviews) started tearing up & getting very emotional & Marshall gave her this look like "I don't get why you're making such a fuss." Then later on when they were reviewing their performances, one of the male judges called VK soft & mentioned how she flailed around & Kelli narrowed her eyes & said "oh really". Then there was the whole thing with her weight gain & how they even let her get 11 pounds heavier when they have busted others cheerleaders for gaining less. And let's not forget Kitty brushing aside VK's weight gain & telling Kelli to give her a chance to turn it around, while in the same  breath she's picking on Vets for their hair or not being noticable.

The hypocrisy too is stunning particularly when it comes to how Dayton was treated compared to VK. Dayton was called out far more often for mistakes whereas when VK messed up, she was treated with kid gloves & called "a beautiful storm." The big thing that ticked me off (knowing what I know now) was Kelli telling Dayton that she wouldn't be getting a spot because of who her mother is. I laughed out loud when that scene came up because we all know that she promised VK a spot due to her closeness to Tina. Its just amazing to me that Kelli & Judy are risking the integrity of the whole training camp process for just one girl.

This! Dayton was treated much more harshly than VK. (She also handled it better. And was gorgeous in the uniform.) 

I think we’ve all come in contact with a VK. It’s demoralizing, toxic and at times not worth it.

I worry for the other girls. For the ones who bust their ass to get there. Those women have my respect. 

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'd like to see them go back to using different songs thru the season.  They could always take a couple of the sideline dances and expand upon them as well.

This. There’s tons of songs on top 40 right now with the same beat or something easily remixable to fit the routine choreo. 

But they could always change the choreo too...Look, I fully believe the DCC are the best NFL squad, but considering they’ve been doing the same pregame for over a decade now (with a few changes and switching 8 counts here and there) are they really deserving of that title these days? We pick on other squads with less technical abilities, but if they’re pumping out different routines more often that’s a given.

i just think it’s well past time for them to change things up before people really start to get bored as well. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

This. There’s tons of songs on top 40 right now with the same beat or something easily remixable to fit the routine choreo. 

But they could always change the choreo too

The last year they were in Texas Stadium, they did routines to Pink and Kevin Rudolph - all different choreo.  The first year, ATT stadium was open, they did different routines - different songs and choreo.  Quite a few videos on YouTube.  And to be totally snarky, it's not like they always come up with new choreo anyway - like Rachel W said last year "all these dances kind of feel the same."  LOL!

23 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

But they could always change the choreo too...Look, I fully believe the DCC are the best NFL squad, but considering they’ve been doing the same pregame for over a decade now (with a few changes and switching 8 counts here and there) are they really deserving of that title these days? We pick on other squads with less technical abilities, but if they’re pumping out different routines more often that’s a given.

i just think it’s well past time for them to change things up before people really start to get bored as well. 

I understand that Thunderstruck is considered largely overdone by a lot of people on this forum, but with that being said I also think we underestimate how strong tradition is in the South. I truly believe many Cowboys fans would be outraged if America’s Sweethearts came out and initially danced to a different song with different choreo. It’s what they’re known for. Same thing for the uniform- fans are outraged when it changes.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, chrishunt said:

I understand that Thunderstruck is considered largely overdone by a lot of people on this forum, but with that being said I also think we underestimate how strong tradition is in the South. I truly believe many Cowboys fans would be outraged if America’s Sweethearts came out and initially danced to a different song with different choreo. It’s what they’re known for. Same thing for the uniform- fans are outraged when it changes.

I’m from the South, I get tradition, but this is dance we’re talking about. 

And they dance pre-game while the stadium is about half full anyway. I doubt people are that attached to thunder when they’re typically waiting in line for a beer at that time. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, dbell1 said:

With a heat wave on, I've binged on S13 all weekend. So sick of all the reality show commercials. (shove off Chicago Ink and The Hills). 🙄 But even more sick of that pile of teeth and hair hijacking the season. Kelly dragged some obvious cuts out too far. And Kitty needs declawing.

Oh my God those reality show commercials are the worst! I don't get why ads for MTV shows are being featured on CMT's channel, but OnDemand has it set so you can't fast-forward through them (even though on other networks you can skip commercials once a certain amount of time has passed). I found the ads for Teen Mom & The Hills particularly annoying.

After re-watching all of last season, is it just me or did Kitty seem like she was being extra catty (pun intended) whenever she was on camera? I can recall some years where she wasn't around as much, but it seems like she been given more freedom to be a bully...I mean speak her mind. I mean yeah she's always outspoken, but it just felt more in your face or maybe that was due to her preference for VK.

• Love 3
(edited)

Refresh my memory - how do we know that Kellie promised TK that VK would make the team? Not that I don’t believe it. I’m just too lazy to go through all of last year’s posts. Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Sillisusu said:
Edited by Sillisusu
27 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

I mean yeah she's always outspoken, but it just felt more in your face or maybe that was due to her preference for VK.

Last season, she went after Madeline, Miranda and Tara.  She told K&J that there were other girls that they should go after for attitude.  And just recently, we heard Milan on that podcast saying that Kitty went after her for choosing college over show group cause she thought she was better than everyone else.  She's a lot more outspoken over things she never worried about before.  As VK would put it, she's coming in like a "bull in China"  😂.  Hate to say it, but that expression is growing on me:)

• LOL 4
  • Love 6