Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sorry, I assumed she meant Olivia Sharber since Olivia Stevanoski isn’t usually referred to as much

Ah gotcha. I always think of her as Olivia Rene. No, you are absolutely correct then. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, notvictoria said:

Victoria's legs are actually really great, even in a room of dancers.  In high school, everyone thought her legs were awesome.

And also, Kitty is really awesome.  She has a good eye for spotting excellence.  She loved Olivia S. and Holly P. a lot and they were  really good dancers.

Ha ha I laughed out loud at this.  Is there some kind of inside knowledge that in high school people thought she had great legs 😂!  VK may have long legs but she has a short torso and is boxy, Not a lot of curve.  There are many dancers on the team with better legs and the upper body to match like veteran Erin. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
52 minutes ago, IHopeUDance said:

No, I don’t think anyone believes that within 10 days of leaving for Oxnard,  Kelli hears that a handful of people on a gossip forum might be outraged at the thought of VK may be going to Oxnard, so she canceled all the rookies flights, hotel rooms, reassigned roommates, and had Judy change every dance formation to just keep those few anonymous people on a random forum happy. 🤷🏼‍♀️  You’re right, I’m sure this forum doesn’t have that kind of power. Lol 

Of course people believe that.

I wonder how many times Judy has fallen off her stool laughing at what is said on this forum. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Of course people believe that.

I wonder how many times Judy has fallen off her stool laughing at what is said on this forum. 

🤣😂🤣😂

I can only imagine Judy and KF spending their lunch breaks laughing hysterically over all we say on here...stools flipping over and all!  Lol. 

If I were them (and had any extra time to actually care about anonymous forums) ...I’d love just throwing a rumor bone out there and sit back to watch the wolves go crazy and then see them backpaddle when they find out it’s not true!  🤣 But, I’m pretty sure they have their minds focused on other things.  All I know is they  haven’t put together a world class team for over 30 years by accident.  :)) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Tootie said:

Ugh, this song is terrible!!! It’s like they paid a mediocre commercial jingle writer to create it for them and then tapped a minor country star to sing it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, WinkyFace said:

Ugh, this song is terrible!!! It’s like they paid a mediocre commercial jingle writer to create it for them and then tapped a minor country star to sing it. 

It's literally a rip off of the Sunday Night Football song that Carrie Underwood sings

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, IHopeUDance said:

Nope. No true “insider” info.  Just speculation & gossip.  Kelli may have infuriated some on the forum for giving VK every chance possible during camp last year, but proved to everyone that by the time the final team takes the field, if the spot isn’t earned it’s not guaranteed to anyone, including her best friend’s daughter.  

There was definitely insider info offered last year that said VK was telling people she was guaranteed a spot.  Take that how you wish, anywhere from “she was promised!” To “she’s 18 and not that bright” 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

It's literally a rip off of the Sunday Night Football song that Carrie Underwood sings

Ok, but that song is 100 times better, doesn’t have cheesy rhymes that are a stretch at best, and Carrie Underwood doesn’t have an annoying squeaky voice. 🙂 maybe it will grow on me. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I hope when the season starts, more discussion about the other TCC's happens.  Anything but 100% convo about Vic.

If she makes the team this ain't gonna happen.

"Only you can prevent forest fires" lol 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Is that a record for longest DCC tenure?  Is there an unwritten rule that they should top off at 5 years? 

The longest tenure is 8 years by "original" DCC Vonciel Baker.

• Love 1

I still love this kickline. So many pretty kicks (Lacey's being the best).

However, I will never understand why they take someone into TC with low kicks. It's impossible to get that flexible in 8-10 weeks unless you just break a few bones.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

However, I will never understand why they take someone into TC with low kicks. It's impossible to get that flexible in 8-10 weeks unless you just break a few bones.

It frustrates me too. I guess I always thought that they thought it was possible to get a girls kicks up by the end of training camp, but IMO low kicks should be regarded just the same as someone now being uniform ready at semi's. It's an instant no. You are KNOWN for your kickline, why not only take girls that have kicks that are on par or close to Lacey/Holly's etc.? 

I know not everyone has the whole package at tryouts, but girls shouldn't even bother auditioning if they don't have the kicks. And I say this having loved some DCC who had low kicks. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I hope when the season starts, more discussion about the other TCC's happens.  Anything but 100% convo about Vic.

If everything would stop revolving around the show, they could do more PR regarding who made TC.  They could introduce each TCC in an IG post or feature them on FB.  They could have vets talk about why they are trying out again and what they are looking forward to this next year.  They could use the DCC IG and post who the GL's are, who made show group, etc. Unfortunately, there are a lot of viewers who don't want to know the slightest bit of information and in my opinion, that is who they are catering to. There are a lot of fans who would like to see this kind of stuff, as well as, family and friends of the TCC's.  And how many of these fans were fans before the show?

1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

And Sunday Night Football is on Sunday nights.  MTT can be on at 2 am on a Tuesday or 3 pm on a Wednesday.  Or it can be on MTV or on LOGO.  But the song says "Friday nights on CMT."  Bet they change the intro for syndication:)  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

It frustrates me too. I guess I always thought that they thought it was possible to get a girls kicks up by the end of training camp, but IMO low kicks should be regarded just the same as someone now being uniform ready at semi's. It's an instant no. You are KNOWN for your kickline, why not only take girls that have kicks that are on par or close to Lacey/Holly's etc.? 

I know not everyone has the whole package at tryouts, but girls shouldn't even bother auditioning if they don't have the kicks. And I say this having loved some DCC who had low kicks. 

If they're average, you can stretch as much as possible (Mackenzie was a good example of this) but if they're super low, there's no way. I say this as someone who was always a strong kicker growing up! Having tried to get flexible now after a few years out, it's not impossible but takes longer than a couple of months. 

Exactly, I wouldn't bother showing up if I couldn't kick high or do both my splits. Like you can Youtube the kickline or watch the show to see the kickline. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, IHopeUDance said:

🤣😂🤣😂

I can only imagine Judy and KF spending their lunch breaks laughing hysterically over all we say on here...stools flipping over and all!  Lol. 

If I were them (and had any extra time to actually care about anonymous forums) ...I’d love just throwing a rumor bone out there and sit back to watch the wolves go crazy and then see them backpaddle when they find out it’s not true!  🤣 But, I’m pretty sure they have their minds focused on other things.  All I know is they  haven’t put together a world class team for over 30 years by accident.  :)) 

they totally have thrown 'rumor bones' out before... remember when they released a picture of Robin at point a few summers ago and everyone was like OMG!!  totally trolling us.  It would not shock me at ALL if they are purposely holding off on setting the triangle because of all the rampant speculation here.  I know I would. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, WinkyFace said:

Ok, but that song is 100 times better, doesn’t have cheesy rhymes that are a stretch at best, and Carrie Underwood doesn’t have an annoying squeaky voice. 🙂 maybe it will grow on me. 

Isn't that Kellie Pickler? Two thumbs down for me, they can do so much better.

For all the VK haters, Malena was kept longer than VK, should have been let go weeks earlier and perhaps before Dayton. Those kinds of memory problems just don't disappear. Briana in season 12 should have been let go the first two weeks, not 6 weeks in...Kelli has her favorites, she hangs on like a dog with a bone, gossip, speculation and insider innuendo aside. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Yetta said:

I'm not a VK fan, but I think she looks great in that romper.   Before I saw the picture and heard about it, I was imagining a very casual summer romper with flip flops type of thing.  Those are actually very "in" now, styled with strappy sandals, wedges etc, and I thought it looked great on her.  

It may look nice on her but it is not "business casual" and the shorts are way, way too short and looks trashy with any type of heel.  Summer outting, it's fine.  But not in the business world.

Shorts of any kind are not appropriate business attire, even during the summer when our office has a relaxed business attire.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Holly85 said:

73630326-FFC1-430B-89E1-3CC65D191224.jpeg

I don't love this photo, although the background is great. The shadows are giving Erin weird tiger stripes on her midsection, and the pose seems stiff and unnatural (which, admittedly, most of them do).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

I think Shelley said it was Cassadee Pope 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

It may look nice on her but it is not "business casual" and the shorts are way, way too short and looks trashy with any type of heel.  Summer outting, it's fine.  But not in the business world.

Shorts of any kind are not appropriate business attire, even during the summer when our office has a relaxed business attire.

I don't trust the DCC version of "business casual" it's definitely more casual than business. A lot of the dresses the girls wear are borderline cocktail dresses and not business casual dresses.

1 minute ago, Kayce said:

Cassadee Pope on this version and Carrie Underwood on the actual NFL version

• Love 4
1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I don't trust the DCC version of "business casual" it's definitely more casual than business. A lot of the dresses the girls wear are borderline cocktail dresses and not business casual dresses.

Cassadee Pope on this version and Carrie Underwood on the actual NFL version

I knew it wasn't Carrie Underwood, who has a richer, more defined voice. Thanks...either way, they could do much better.

As for defining 'business casual' for DCC, it's entertainment business casual, which is very different from office BC. And it's all in how you put it together. If VK had pulled her hair back, worn flipflops and carried a large tote she could be accused of heading for the beach. However, with a small bag, hair & make-up done & wedge/heeled sandals, she's fine. If you are a fan of the show "Suits", the characters of "Donna" and "Jessica" dress much the same as the DCC girls going into meetings, DCC girls skirts may be a tad shorter.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, AEJ79 said:

Are there any ladies who have made show group and then were cut the next year (besides Jayln)?

Yes. Emma (rockstar red head all star emma).  She made SG her first year then had a poor SG audition going into her second year.  She made it back to SG the next two years and clearly has done just fine for herself.  I expect the same for Jalyn 🙂  

12 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I wonder if that means Cassadee will be a guest on the show this summer? I truly have NO idea but she's kind of like a Raelynn/Kacey. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yes. Emma (rockstar red head all star emma).  She made SG her first year then had a poor SG audition going into her second year.  She made it back to SG the next two years and clearly has done just fine for herself.  I expect the same for Jalyn 🙂  

I never knew this!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

Looking into my crystal ball I predict it will not grow on you...or anyone. 🤠

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7

I’m having a hard time understanding what Kelli sees in Tina.

She is always very loud. She looks completely age inappropriate.

Her hair is too long and way too brassy.Her dresses are the same.

If I had a friend that EXPECTED me to get her bratty daughter into

training camp after VK’s behavior last year, that friend would be gone.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, rafibomb said:
18 hours ago, Holly85 said:

73630326-FFC1-430B-89E1-3CC65D191224.jpeg

I don't love this photo, although the background is great. The shadows are giving Erin weird tiger stripes on her midsection, and the pose seems stiff and unnatural (which, admittedly, most of them do).

I think they tiger stripes are just right on Erin, because she is a tiger!

#teamerin

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, FLAfan said:

I’m having a hard time understanding what Kelli sees in Tina.

She is always very loud. She looks completely age inappropriate.

Her hair is too long and way too brassy.Her dresses are the same.

If I had a friend that EXPECTED me to get her bratty daughter into

training camp after VK’s behavior last year, that friend would be gone.

Haven’t they been friends for like 30 years? I would think (hope) that how a friend dresses or how their hair looks would be pretty low on the list of factors that determines if the friendship is viable. I mean, its not like Kelli is winning any best dressed awards either. I imagine that they have a lot of memories together, have been there for each other through some tough times, and that they probably  just have a lot of fun. Tina has probably been on the show for a total of ten minutes over thirteen seasons. I don’t think that gives a real picture of how she treats her friends.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Lacey and Holly P...had some of the most effortless kicks I've ever seen.  To the forehead and beyond 🙂 

• Love 7

I'm wondering how they're going to photoshop Daphne so that her weight isn't as noticeable in the final cameos. You can still see her ribs pretty prominent on insta story. :(

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I'm wondering how they're going to photoshop Daphne so that her weight isn't as noticeable in the final cameos. You can still see her ribs pretty prominent on insta story. 😞

I know I saw when she was doing her green screen 

• Love 1

I don't think those look like tiger stripes on Erin. They look like badass muscle ripples. One of the big differences between her first year trying out and her second is her body. She always was dancer lean but now she is ripped! I think she looks great now and really really really hope she doesn't go overboard like some vets in trying to be thinner and thinner. She's right on the edge for me--looks great but I don't really think she can spare any ounces to lose, let alone pounds.

Yes, the new intro song is a horror show. 

Alana's brows look different and it's amazing! The only other DCC I ever saw with such a dramatic transformation in their appearance was Brittany Evans at her makeover. That was astounding!

And I never knew that about Emma and her second year SG audition!! That makes her even more impressive for me. I love a comeback story and seeing people keep pushing rather than letting a mistake or rejection get them down. She is such an incredible dancer, and while she always makes it look effortless, I guess this shows that even the greats (of course, it's especially the greats) have to put in the work. This is part of why I really wish they would spend more time showing the strong TCCs and the work they're putting in and challenges they're facing in camp. I don't want to see strugglers who will never make the team struggle all season (I'm looking at the Malenas and 18-year-old Briannas of TC), I want to see what it takes to make the team. I would have loved a segment or two watching rookies like Bridget, Hannah West, Caroline, and other stellar gals in their rookie TCC putting in extra practices and training sessions (I can bypass the coffee convos of "Are you stressed?" "It's so hard to focus when you know any mistake can get you cut..."). Even showing girls practicing or working with vets before practice would be nice. I don't think I've seen a scene like that since Emma's rookie year.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Alanna looking different.

1471824025_Screenshot2019-07-22at22_51_31.thumb.png.46e917a75c88b7e40f2e945912b69fe8.png

Did she do something to her eyebrows?

There is definitely something different and it’s a lot the thinner eyebrows (although i question why we had to tone down her eyebrows, which had a slightly ethnic look about them, into basic-white-girl eyebrows) but I also think she had he tip of her nose refined. 

(edited)
4 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

For all the VK haters, Malena was kept longer than VK, should have been let go weeks earlier and perhaps before Dayton. Those kinds of memory problems just don't disappear. Briana in season 12 should have been let go the first two weeks, not 6 weeks in...Kelli has her favorites, she hangs on like a dog with a bone, gossip, speculation and insider innuendo aside. 

And while they were in camp, the same things were said about them -- why are they still there; they should have been gone weeks ago, etc.

Two major differeces: First & foremost, neither acted anything even remotely close to how VK acted last year: and, two, neither are back (Briana hasn't tried out again and Malena didn't make it to TCC this year). Yes, Kelli has her favourite or two every year (and most of us are on here yelling that they need to go long before they do), but the VK favouritism went so above and beyond last year it just leaves a lingering bad taste, especially with the rumours (and, yes, I realize they are just rumours at this point) that things aren't much different this year.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

I think they tiger stripes are just right on Erin, because she is a tiger!

#teamerin

Erin’s a tiger?

Still cannot get that image of her falling down during a combo that time they were helping the girls get style or power I forget which . With all the pro dancers in Dallas area how can you get to that level and not execute technique, style or power. 

Too much photoshopping, but great for the male fantasies and that Cowboys followers I guess

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:
Alexis 

LOL I love Alexis, but not a fan of her "I have to pee and am trying to hold it in" leg-cross pose at the end 🙂 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I don't think those look like tiger stripes on Erin. They look like badass muscle ripples.

On her front I agree,  but her back has shadows that to me look like those fat rolls that happen below the bra strap, which she very VERY clearly does not have.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Rookies on show group have never gone to Oxnard afaik so idk why they would start now. VK does not have that much influence.

Actually quite a few rookies have went to Oxnard over the years, Kashara, Holly P, Gina..... been quite a few went.

1 minute ago, Squeek said:

Actually quite a few rookies have went to Oxnard over the years, Kashara, Holly P, Gina..... been quite a few went.

I think she meant TCC candidates.

There have been TCC perform in uniform at cowboys training camp at home though. 

Just now, HowdeeDo said:

I think she meant TCC candidates.

There have been TCC perform in uniform at cowboys training camp at home though. 

Correct, those I know went to Oxnard in uniform

4 hours ago, rafibomb said:

As soon as you first glance they look like bad editing over several rolls. And yes we all know she prob doesn’t have any. If I had a pic of myself like that I wouldn’t even post out of embarrassment . Terrible editing.

Hashtag #Armoverheadshots 

ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE.

• Love 1