Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

No one said she was in the whole video, but this is most definitely front and center:

ETA: She also has a talking head shot in at least one other promo (posted in the 2018 thread). In other words, she doesn't need to complain about not being in the intro, she's in the promos (which probably get shown more).

Screenshot_2019-07-15-19-20-23.png

With a kick like that, I would put her up front as well.  I have said it before, I'm team Victoria.  I have had the opportunity to chat with her on IG a few times now.  She always responds to me, is very humble and grateful for the opportunities she has, and seems quite delightful.  I can't say that I've gotten that type of response from some of the "faves" I've sent well wishes to in the past.  Each person has his/her own favorite in this group of rookies.  Victoria was one of my faves last year, she's a fave this year...so was Dayton both years she auditioned...and then there is the triple B trifecta...Brennan, Briana, and Bridget...I love this group!  

• Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

This is complete speculation, but I think TCC Madeline will be one of the last cuts. I haven't seen much of her dancing, so I can't say much by way of that, but she comes across as young and soft-spoken. I can see Kelli doing it as a way to prove to herself that she's still hardlining and willing to cut legacies.

I've seen a "professional audition video" on her page, and I just don't see her being able to get the DCC style this year.  She's like Erin was her first year, too soft/fluid.  I feel like she will be cut this year, encouraged to take DCC prep classes and try again next year.  I think Lisa, Shaina, Madeline and Meredith will be cut.  Shaina (from what little I've seen) is like Madeline...beautiful kicks, but soft on style.  I've put asterisks on the ones I predict will be cut.  (BUT that being said....I've been wrong MANY times on cut predictions lol!!) That being said, if Kristin is cut, then I think Shaina will make it. 

image.png.1c2b7f1e28f79d6ab7774a7e0d476664.png

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I understand that this is important to you, but I personally don’t think girls have to respond or start conversations with fans on their social media and especially their IG. This is their private/personal account. I don’t think responding/not responding to messages makes you good or bad.

It's not that it's "important" to me that they respond...but it gives me a little more of a "feel" for the person.  I've been involved in the dance world since I was 6 years old (and I'm 50 now) as a dancer, choreographer, team sponsor/advisor and college dance team coach and now as a supporter to my nieces who dance ...so I reach out to a lot of dancers.  I didn't say it made them good or bad...it doesn't.  But what it does say, to me,  is that a 19 year old can take the time to respond...which to me says something.   I don't expect responses, but I'm always pleased when I get one.  I've been in some very nice conversations with people all over this world.  So I will continue to reach out to people.

Edited by Kayce
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Kayce said:

It gives me a little more of a "feel" for the person.  I've been involved in the dance world since I was 6 years old as a dancer, choreographer, team sponsor/advisor and college dance team coach (and I'm 50 now) and now as a supporter to my nieces who dance ...so I reach out to a lot of dancers.  I didn't say it made them good or bad...it doesn't.  But what it does say is that a 19 year old can take the time to respond...which to me says something.   I don't expect responses, but I'm always pleased when I get one.  I've been in some very nice conversations with people all over this world.  So I will continue to reach out to people.

As you should! I’m just saying, a teenager responding to social media is common and normal for their age. Not everyone is comfortable with that-I know I’m not. I’m just not willing to give her a pass considering that we have proof of her lying and treating a former dcc, current (at the time) dcc employee badly for responding to messages on ig. If anything, getting attention seems to be her goal.

Unrelated, but have you come across any clips of Shaina dancing? I can’t find many in her ig and I’m really drawn to her for some reason.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

As you should! I’m just saying, a teenager responding to social media is common and normal for their age. Not everyone is comfortable with that-I know I’m not. I’m just not willing to give her a pass considering that we have proof of her lying and treating a former dcc, current (at the time) dcc employee badly for responding to messages on ig. If anything, getting attention seems to be her goal.

Unrelated, but have you come across any clips of Shaina dancing? I can’t find many in her ig and I’m really drawn to her for some reason.

And I wouldn't expect you to feel any differently than you do 🙂 I truly respect what you always have to say.  There are times people just have to agree that we are all different.  

RE: Shaina...Same here, just what little I've seen on her IG ...I like her as well,  and I hate what she's going through with the loss of her friends.  I'm amazed that she can stay so focused.  

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, IHopeUDance said:

I agree VK said some immature things ex: quail is seafood, etc., 🤦🏼‍♀️ but what “crap” did VK actually pull?  From what I remember it came out that it was just the typical “insider” talk here that fueled it but real insiders debunked it.  So, just curious ...

She gained 10 pounds even though she knew this could send her packing, she was disrespectful to a staff member,(  that alone would have sent any girl home immediately and would never be invited back) , her media training was a fiasco with “ I have no words” , she dressed inappropriately at the etiquette luncheon, she lied about why she was gaining weight, sh whined about not making show group ( imo, any other girl would have be sent packing right there) Being that she grew up in the DCC environment, she should have been better prepared.  This was all shown on TV so not relying on gossip or insider talk. 

Edited by Cruisegirl
  • Love 17
(edited)
3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I'm the one who posted that VK made SG and that Jalyn was the only returning member who did not.  What's vague about that?

I appreciate the information you've shared🙂 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 9

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the “front and center” comment was related to the picture from training camp (where she’s directly behind the choreographer). I don’t think the comment was alluding to the video.

11 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I agree that there probably was not a hardline guarantee, and I think some of the rumors stretch reality. However, there didn't need to be a hidden contract between VK and Kelli for there to be clear favoritism. Other girls don't have to be really bad to be cut. Gaining as much weight as she did, while also being one of the weaker dancers in the room, would have gotten anyone else cut early in the summer. Spurning the help from a DCC employee would have gotten anyone else cut. Imagine if Courtney had of blown off My Fit Foods when she was a tcc. She would've been gone. Complaining that you had a bad night because you wanted to make show group when you're not even on the team yet would have resulted in anyone else being dressed down. Look at how Angela was treated when she had a bad night after not making show group, and she was a 5th year! And yet, VK didn't actually get cut for those things. They still kept her til the bitter end even with all of this occurring and were perfectly nice while cutting her. 

Ultimately, I don't think there is a need for all of the conspiracy theories. I don't buy that Tina and VK are secretly running the show, but it's clear that VK, whether she ultimately made it or not, was held to a completely different standard than anyone else. That's a problem in its own right. 

THIS! I fully believe nepotism and favoritism are at play with VK but I’m not buying all this talk of VK being powerful and controlling enough to significantly impact Kelli’s decisions this year. 

• Love 7
(edited)
32 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I'm the one who posted that VK made SG and that Jalyn was the only returning member who did not.  What's vague about that?

You also posted it BEFORE Shelly B came and confirmed who was on Show Group.  Her information proved what you told us was right.  In addition, Show Group will be revealed on the show (and at Oxnard) and if they DON'T show Victoria being called up, I'll be surprised.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 9
On 7/14/2019 at 9:12 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

@ShellyB can you say if Rookie Show Group members are going to Oxnard this year (or any year) to stop the rumors please?

Typically, Rookies do not attend Oxnard. There have been some years when there has been a Rookie or two on the trip. Technically they are in TC mode and there are more than enough Vets to choose from. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Kayce said:

I've seen a "professional audition video" on her page, and I just don't see her being able to get the DCC style this year.  She's like Erin was her first year, too soft/fluid.  I feel like she will be cut this year, encouraged to take DCC prep classes and try again next year.  I think Lisa, Shaina, Madeline and Meredith will be cut.  Shaina (from what little I've seen) is like Madeline...beautiful kicks, but soft on style.  I've put asterisks on the ones I predict will be cut.  (BUT that being said....I've been wrong MANY times on cut predictions lol!!) That being said, if Kristin is cut, then I think Shaina will make it. 

image.png.1c2b7f1e28f79d6ab7774a7e0d476664.png

I’m probably reading way too much into it, but whenever anyone vaguebooks (vaguegrams??) like this, it makes me wonder if they already got cut: 

• Love 6
(edited)
22 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

I’m probably reading way too much into it, but whenever anyone vaguebooks (vaguegrams??) like this, it makes me wonder if they already got cut: 

I saw this and thought the same thing

totally off topic, but the shadow in the pic makes it look like she had hairy man pits

Edited by Jennv
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Did Holly P make Showgroup her rookie year?

She did 🙂 

41 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

Had not seen this yet...that does make one wonder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I'll be sad for her if this is so, but it definitely makes me think that's a real possibility.  I know that has to be so hard when you've fought it out so hard before and made it so far, and not make it through again (if that's the case).  I hope she (and all the other TCCs) have some comfort with friends from both last year and this year (especially Shaina, with the loss of her sorority sisters).

Would love to know more about the team dynamics this way with the new rookies (and vets too, for that matter)....who's making friends, what their individual personalities are like, etc.  Is there anyone in particular that is a real sweetheart we can root for?  Hint, hint, insiders 😉

• Love 5

My apologies in advance because I know this has been posted before, but it's so far deep in the thread that I can't find it... Can someone please bump-up the full list of who made SG? I can't remember the full list. My brain is foggy. This never happened to me in my 20's or 30's btw. 🙂

• Love 5
11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Numerous people said the same things or close enough to make no nevermind.  Granted, gaining weight is not pulling "crap" but, if she's been involved with DCC as long as Kitty and Kelli said, then she should know the standards and adhere to them, which she did not.  She lied to Kelli, and possibly others, about going to the doctor, which was hinted at when she was called into the office around week 7 or so.  Kelli states "something happened prior to rehearsal between Jinelle and Victoria.  Jinelle volunteered her time to help Victoria with nutrition and I'm not accusing anybody of dishonesty but there is something not adding up and I want to explore that."  Lying to a potential employer about something as big as, say a Doctor's appointment when it directly relates to one's job and the performance thereof, would get most people cut right then, but Victoria was allowed to stay.  Granted there was some talk about what type of doctor she was supposed to go see, but Victoria still lied about it (and Jinelle evidently had texts to prove that) and tried to talk her way out of the situation until she just couldn't any more.  While we didn't see EVERYTHING the "insiders" alleged, we saw enough on the show that proved them right far more than we saw anything that proved them wrong.  In fact, if we go by what Kelli/Judy/Shelly/Charlotte/Kitty have said (as well as many others), things were left OUT so there was likely FAR more that would have bolster the insiders' stories than would have proven them wrong.

See above why I think the insiders were proven right by what was shown (and in fact by what WASN'T shown) rather then why they are wrong.  The only thing that could conceivably be seen as unproven was Victoria being "promised" a spot but that could be inferred by Kelli's actions to a degree.  Still, she showed a lesser version of that favoritism towards Brianna a few seasons ago and a few others.  However, it's NOTHING compared to what's been shown towards Victoria.

Briana should have been gone early .... but I think Kelly was hoping she would get over the nerves and catch on to their style since she was seemed like such a strong dancer .....also CMT edits they way they want for more drama ...  VK has been in the dance all her life yes she should have been more prepared ... same thing with Dayton (poor thing) she could not handle the pressure.  I can see how being in the spot light and also under scrutiny from J&K can be too nerve racking  ... someone can be a great dancer but not so much under pressure and last season looked like the reaction from the judges was Victoria's solo was good .... but in training camp learning new routines every night had to be tremendous pressure and her immaturity was showing as training camp progressed  (she needed another year) also being a legacy ... yikes ... my hope is that she stays under the radar and not try to get her face in front of the camera too much ... concentrate on the task at hand making the team and now added pressure for the SG team (Cassie was not on show group her rookie season)... also rookies have gone to Oxnard and Lauren's rookie year they had her go do a show and training camp was not even over yet so taking rookies is not a new idea this season... I might be in the minority but I am rooting for Victoria and also Merideth I was sad they did not take her into training camp last year ... I think she could have caught on to their style of dance.

3 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

THIS! I fully believe nepotism and favoritism are at play with VK but I’m not buying all this talk of VK being powerful and controlling enough to significantly impact Kelli’s decisions this year. 

I agree there is favoritism and nepotism  ... but that is everywhere not just here.  Case and point ... what about season 5 with Brooke's BFF making the team .... She should not have made it based on the what we saw but there she was for one season as what looks like a favor to Brooke.... made me wonder if she agreed to stay one more year if her friend could dance with her hmmmmm

• Love 2
On 7/10/2019 at 9:52 AM, MrsEVH said:

What did Brenda do/say to Ann? I remember Kat but I only recall Charlotte saying something about Ann. Did you mean Kelsey? 

Charlotte started and then Brenda finished LOL ... she also went after Alyssa in season 7 panel interviews .. she stumbled and then made a big mistake of saying she didnt think well off her feet .... poor thing

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

I would be disappointed if she got cut 😢

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

Yes, I would be disappointed too.  I gave her kudos for showing up at "meet the team" last year after being cut.  VK, not at all, since she didn't bother to attend and support the team after her cut.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

She also has her own business/ministry she started last year. Made to Move, so it maybe pertaining to that. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Nothing. I wasn’t referring to this comment.  Most everyone knows the SG roster to be fact, barring any cuts, of course. But, there is a huge difference in the facts of “WHO” made SG...versus the speculation of “WHY” some made it and some didn’t.  

For example: It was simply stated that VK made show group and Jalyn didn’t.  OK, that’s a verifiable fact.  But then someone speculated Jaylen helped/corrected VK and it hurt her feelings, she ran crying to her mommy, mommy threw a fit to Kelli, then Kelli punished Jalyn by giving her SG spot away to VK.  (Woah. Seems far fetched to me, but I digress)  But that comment fit the narrative some are looking for & was repeated by others.  Some people tend to believe that if something is mentioned on this forum by more than one person, then it MUST be true...because “multiple sources”  Lol. Also, because after what people read about WHO made show group will turn out to be true, then they will assume the WHY speculations they read here must be true as well. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Another recent example is someone was told by “several credible insiders” that VK & the other TCCs on SG we’re going to Oxnard with the vets. That may be fact or it may not..I don’t know yet. But still not sure why that upsets people. (I personally think VK & the TCCs on show group will NOT be going to Oxnard but we’ll know soon enough). But it was speculated  by someone that VK and her mom threw another huge fit to Kelli because Victoria wanted to go too, so KF caved & is taking them. That just doesn’t ring true to me and certainly not a verifiable fact.  It will be easy to confirm facts of exactly who goes once they are there or announce it … But it is impossible to verify the WHY unless we hear it straight from Kelli  (or TK or VK I guess). It seems the narrative is that IF Kelli takes the entire Sgroup to camp...some will believe she was forced by VK & TK. But if they don’t go..then Kelli was wishy washy & changed her mind under pressure because apparently she hasn’t proven she knows how to run a world class team during the last 30 years 🤷🏼‍♀️  OR...if they aren’t going, as I believe...perhaps, just perhaps that was the plan all along and the “insiders” this time were wrong & shouldn’t always be given so much merit until we have facts, not just gossipy talk fueling a fire under the pot people like to stir 🥣:)

Narratives are easily twisted to fit a storyline, but real facts are not.  I may not like the facts when we’re given them, but  I definitely try to discern one from the other before assuming what I read here is truth.  That’s all I’m saying. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Clarity for the coming weeks:

In one glance who could be next!

Image2.thumb.jpg.683375537509260afde66db3df5c2e44.jpg

I’m thinking Meredith is going to be this year’s “ last day of camp cut”. Basing this on Kelli having such a crush on her last year. The snippet of video we have seen was not strong, and last year she was cut due to her manner of speaking, which I seriously doubt has changed. 

1 hour ago, JerseyGirl said:

Yes, I would be disappointed too.  I gave her kudos for showing up at "meet the team" last year after being cut.  VK, not at all, since she didn't bother to attend and support the team after her cut.

That was for me the final straw. How gracious of her and her mother to not attend just because she didn’t make it. Most other late cuts go, including Tara (whose cut as a vet was more brutal than VK’s) and Dayton (who got a really bad treatment compared to VK). It makes TK especially look bad tbh.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, Kayce said:

It's not that it's "important" to me that they respond...but it gives me a little more of a "feel" for the person.  I've been involved in the dance world since I was 6 years old (and I'm 50 now) as a dancer, choreographer, team sponsor/advisor and college dance team coach and now as a supporter to my nieces who dance ...so I reach out to a lot of dancers.  I didn't say it made them good or bad...it doesn't.  But what it does say, to me,  is that a 19 year old can take the time to respond...which to me says something.   I don't expect responses, but I'm always pleased when I get one.  I've been in some very nice conversations with people all over this world.  So I will continue to reach out to people.

I am always thrilled when someone I admire (DCC, celebrity, etc.) takes the time to respond to me. I follow several former DCC’s on IG and the two that have responded to my comments the most are Jordan Chanley Tabor and Sarah Gourley Idziak. I know some people don’t care for Sarah but I love the fact that she takes time out of her busy schedule to write something nice back to me. 

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

That was for me the final straw. How gracious of her and her mother to not attend just because she didn’t make it. Most other late cuts go, including Tara (whose cut as a vet was more brutal than VK’s) and Dayton (who got a really bad treatment compared to VK). It makes TK especially look bad tbh.

I agree, I thought it looked childish and like she was a poor sport, so to speak. If Tara could show up then Veruca should have too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
26 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

VK was cut at 11:00 pm the very night before “Meet the Team”.  Dayton and Tara had more than just a few hours to reconcile the heart crushing news and pull themselves together to appear somewhere the very next day,  where cameras would undoubtedly be back in her face.  I personally can’t judge someone for not doing that.   

(Tara had 6 days, Dayton more) and I’ve heard Tara was not there but I don’t know to be true..?

Besides If VK had shown up, I'm pretty sure some would say she was still trying to be the center of attention and she shouldn’t have been so selfish to come and try to be so fake and act happy for her teammates while they consoled her, etc.  VK can’t win.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, IHopeUDance said:

VK was cut at 11:00 pm the very night before “Meet the Team”.  Dayton and Tara had more than just a few hours to reconcile the heart crushing news and pull themselves together to appear somewhere the very next day,  where cameras would undoubtedly be back in her face.  I personally can’t judge someone for not doing that.   

(Tara had 6 days, Dayton more) and I’ve heard Tara was not there but I don’t know to be true..?

Besides If VK had shown up, I'm pretty sure some would say she was still trying to be the center of attention and she shouldn’t have been so selfish to come and try to be so fake and act happy for her teammates while they consoled her, etc.  VK can’t win.  

Wait, I thought VK was cut one night, then lily and Malena the next night. 

• Love 17

I actually thought Meredith was a pretty weak dancer. She’s very beautiful, and we’ve had weak and beautiful dancers before. *cough Morgan * I actually didn’t think she was that pretty, but I wish  my body looked like that after having a kid! 

Im hoping Kat and Kristin stay. Kat is sexxxy and Kristin is just gorgeous. I also like Shaina because she is trucking on despite her personal issues. Good for her. I’m not really invested in anyone else. 

I really hate those “last night of camp” cuts. Of course those are horrible. No wonder they freak out.

I hate this part of camp. We hear nothing... boring.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Kayce said:

She did 🙂 

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I would be so sad if she gets cut, she seems like a doll... #teamkristin 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, IHopeUDance said:

Narratives are easily twisted to fit a storyline, but real facts are not.  I may not like the facts when we’re given them, but  I definitely try to discern one from the other before assuming what I read here is truth.  That’s all I’m saying. 

I'm wondering if K & J sometimes make people think something is going to happen knowing full well it isn't, just to see it on this forum and laugh.

• LOL 1

Yeah VK was cut one night and then Malena and Lily were cut what a couple, few days later, right before the squad was announced. So she had to have had more than one night before the meet the team, not the night before. js. A couple days at the least, but I could definitely see her being too upset still to attend. Idk

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Question?  Do we know that VK, or any of the others who were cut, did not attend the Meet the Team event?  I only saw Kristin, which does not mean the others were not there, maybe I did not see them.

I was going to ask that same question LOL !!

(edited)
22 hours ago, IHopeUDance said:

Yes, I agree with this!  Anyone who wants to find something negative to fuel the fire towards someone, they cant see anything else.  

But I’m confused why a few people think VK, Kelli, Judy or even Tina have any say so whatsoever as to what promo footage the CMT producers use for their commercials. We all know they just don’t.

So what it seems is...if they show Victoria at all... it’s “favoritism”....if they don’t show her...they’re “protecting her”! 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

As my kids say “Pick a lane, Dude, pick a lane!”  😂  

As I see it, there is just no way VK can win with some no matter what she does.  But, I just think she’ll have a big fan base and prove the few naysayers wrong. 🤞🏻

THIS!! I totally agree. As they say "if you go looking for trouble, you will find it!" I have no problem with VK making the team at all. Again, she is a good dancer and worst dancers have made the team. I think she will be a crowd favorite and cheer for many years. I admit I use to be a viewer that wanted VK gone but it was not because I thought she was a bad dancer or who her mom is, it was quite frankly her on screen personality that CMT portrayed. Then the more I thought about it, she is just a young adult trying to figure out life and she honestly thought she had it in the bag because of her connections. I think the best thing that happened to her was when she got cut, I really hope that it taught her some humility. 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Love 6
On 7/15/2019 at 2:25 PM, raindancer said:

yeah....Charlotte asked her who her favorite author was, and she said she couldn't think of any.....then she asked her what the last book she read was, and she couldn't remember.  In the follow-up clip, she said she didn't read much 😫

I'm wondering if perhaps Biebele Jamabo and Ashley Williams might also consider trying out....they used to dance on DMD with Hunter, and they are gorgeous dancers.  They danced with Michelle Keys, too:

It was great to see Brooke (Sorenson) and Hannah H in this clip. Isnt that Ashley Williams back left (left facing the computer screen)?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, IHopeUDance said:

The bolded is both true, and correct.  She can't win, nor does she deserve to.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

https://instagram.com/stories/realdrdallas/2089396466154893484?igshid=fvyk1ts3s8jz

VK, Kat, and someone else is filming MTT at a medspa in Frisco right now. Check out @realdrdallas’s instagram story (you’re gonna have to skip though lots of plastic surgery videos to get to their portion)

Well, I can report that Victoria has kept her weight in check and is looking good. Whatever one thinks about Victoria, these are facts.

Great to see Kat and Kelcey being true front runners and already claiming that 50 yard line spot in a few years! 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Pau84 said:

Well, I can report that Victoria has kept her weight in check and is looking good. Whatever one thinks about Victoria, these are facts.

Great to see Kat and Kelcey being true front runners and already claiming that 50 yard line spot in a few years! 

I can see kat on the 50 yard line she is tall and stunning 

• Love 8

oops

15 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

This is complete speculation, but I think TCC Madeline will be one of the last cuts. I haven't seen much of her dancing, so I can't say much by way of that, but she comes across as young and soft-spoken. I can see Kelli doing it as a way to prove to herself that she's still hardlining and willing to cut legacies.

Who is TCC Madeline's mom?