Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: True Colors

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm flabbergasted that Michael said that having a baby is more important to him than coming to America.  If he wanted to have children, why in the world would he have any interest in a 52 year old woman?  It shouldn't even be a thought in his head, let alone brought up with his mother.

He thought he might get the Nigerian hall pass.  But ange  said he could wait till she is dead.  And mother Michael wondering if he could sleep with ange's daughter.....like whoa!

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

I laughed so hard at the "couture" comment about the costume jewelry. Also Tom saying this is what we call a Flea Market in England. When he asked Darcy what she thought of it, she said "I thought it was beautiful" which is what she says about every place. She is so uninteresting, has not a clever thought in her brain. 

The only thing it was missing is the cat.

• LOL 5

Hi! I've been away due to lack of bandwidth!

I spent the afternoon catching up instead of doing my homework. 

So Tim...diminutive stature, small shoulders, small arms, short legs, small feet (even in those bulky biker boots, his feet are surprisingly small), head the same size as his girlfriends, shallow chest depth, small ribcage, wider hips  and fuller thighs than a male skeleton with that size chest/torso/shoulders would have .

Severe medical hormonal challenge or trans man? He is not built like a cis man, nor does he move like one. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I've been rooting for Omar and Avery, but I was very sad for Avery for her wedding ceremony, especially when the sheik filled in for her.  I know I am ignorant of the traditions of the Muslim ceremony or Lebanese laws, but I felt bad that she could not hold Omar's hand and repeat the words herself.  I hope they will be able to have a future in a safe country and have another ceremony in which she can wear her beautiful gown and invite both sets of family members.

Eh,  I don't feel sorry for her at all.  Apparently it was a "permission to fornicate" ceremony and not the legally binding ceremony.  At least that's my interpretation of the explanation posted about her ceremony on their thread (kind of like Laura's quicky marriage so she could get her beef injection).  Avery got to have her sexy times and now that the bloom is off the proverbial rose, she'll probably hightail it back home...but reppear if TLC offers her another season.  

I do agree her dress was lovely.  Maybe it was considered too "fitted" to be acceptable and thus the robe to cover her?  Apparently at least a couple of us have hit Google/Bing and could find no ready explanation for it.  

18 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Hi! I've been away due to lack of bandwidth!

I spent the afternoon catching up instead of doing my homework. 

So Tim...diminutive stature, small shoulders, small arms, short legs, small feet (even in those bulky biker boots, his feet are surprisingly small), head the same size as his girlfriends, shallow chest depth, small ribcage, wider hips  and fuller thighs than a male skeleton with that size chest/torso/shoulders would have .

Severe medical hormonal challenge or trans man? He is not built like a cis man, nor does he move like one. 

I'm voting for eunuch.  I find that theory absurdly amusing.  😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

He's a tidy chap. Lol at Darcey getting on his lap afterwards, saying "I thought he needed comfort," and Stacey giving her sage advice "give him some space." Oh, and her 3-year fiance looks like a creepy drug addict. Yep, Stacey just as desperate as her twin, probably more cuz this guy screams looser.

Another reason why I tend not to believe he vomited. Wouldn't he smell like puke?? Who is going to move closer to a person who just tossed his cookies? 

And when you vomit, don't you need a minute to compose yourself afterward? But the camera did not stop rolling. No editing break and stitch back. Did the chauffeur even stop the car? Or was it like a drive by vomit? That's got to be the fastest and neatest upchuck in history.

Imagine if, when he tilted himself back into the car, his toupee was gone?😆

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

I think Jenny needs to hop a jet plane from India and come to Mexico to spend time commiserating with Caesar over the blows they both have been dealt.

Too funny! 

Title:  90DayFiance, After the 5-7 Years of Trying

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I wish the speculation about Tim being a transman would stop. We've seen pictures of him as a kid and a teen. Why does he look the way he does? I don't know, but that doesn't mean he's trans. Genes are weird. Maybe his body takes after one parent who is quite slight, but inherited huge Kennedy head syndrome from the other. He could be a Bratz doll made life size 2/3rds life size. He could be two 8 year olds in a trench coat or a Toon passing as a human and trying to avoid the Dip, but he has not said that he was born a woman and transitioned into a man. Tim is slight, has manicured nails, groomed eyebrows, and wears clothing most men wouldn't wear. So did Prince. All this means is that Tim is a dandy or metro.

I totally agree. One of the smallest, slightest people I know is a male coworker of mine. Some women think he's adorable, others are envious because they can't use the "I'm so petite so I can't lift this" around him, lol. (I work in a male dominated, sometimes physically laborious field). I know they're rare, but there are tiny guys out there. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Honey said:

What I heard her say is that she hopes she isn't expected to become a Mother to Ben's Son.  I've watched all the episodes several times, and at no time did she say anything about not being able to have children.

I don’t remember her saying she couldn’t have children either. My comment was based more on her worry that she would be expected to have a child or help parent his child. I probably misheard the distinction between “having children” and “parenting children” (could be because I’m pregnant right now, who knows) but her almost visceral reaction, and her friend’s comment seemed a little over the top to me. Unless there’s a cultural issue around raising other people’s kids I’m not aware of? 

6 minutes ago, Saje81 said:

I don’t remember her saying she couldn’t have children either. My comment was based more on her worry that she would be expected to have a child or help parent his child. I probably misheard the distinction between “having children” and “parenting children” (could be because I’m pregnant right now, who knows) but her almost visceral reaction, and her friend’s comment seemed a little over the top to me. Unless there’s a cultural issue around raising other people’s kids I’m not aware of? 

Maybe she just thinks that she's not up to the task. If she's the youngest, she probably hasn't had to deal with children that were younger than her. I think that, psychologically, it can be more difficult suddenly becoming a mother to a child than to a new born.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

He could be two 8 year olds in a trench coat or a Toon passing as a human and trying to avoid the Dip, but he has not said that he was born a woman and transitioned into a man.

How rude!  I THINK we all would have noticed two 8 year olds.  And there has been NO trench coat in sight.  🤪

Seriously though, he’s difficult to figure out to me not because of his looks really, but his manner.  I just wonder if he’s not over the faceless Colombian girlfriend in the pictures and thought he could replace her with Jeniffer but just can’t pull the lever, so to speak.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I've been rooting for Omar and Avery, but I was very sad for Avery for her wedding ceremony, especially when the sheik filled in for her.  I know I am ignorant of the traditions of the Muslim ceremony or Lebanese laws, but I felt bad that she could not hold Omar's hand and repeat the words herself.  I hope they will be able to have a future in a safe country and have another ceremony in which she can wear her beautiful gown and invite both sets of family members.

Marrying him was the only way to get him in bed. I don't think she much cared how it was done.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Another reason why I tend not to believe he vomited. Wouldn't he smell like puke?? Who is going to move closer to a person who just tossed his cookies? 

And when you vomit, don't you need a minute to compose yourself afterward? But the camera did not stop rolling. No editing break and stitch back. Did the chauffeur even stop the car? Or was it like a drive by vomit? That's got to be the fastest and neatest upchuck in history.

Imagine if, when he tilted himself back into the car, his toupee was gone?😆

OMG.  I read these forums for probably an hour a day, and nothing ever really makes me laugh. THIS had me laughing hysterically like a fucking nut!  Thanks for that! 

Tom sits back down, they're all staring at him, and he's all like "What?"

Edited by Honey
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Honey said:

Marrying him was the only way to get him in bed. I don't think she much cared how it was done.

This was one time wild child Avery didn't get to have her way and Teri didn't get to swoop in to save her!

It was kind of nice to see them sitting there!

7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Many years ago, a good friend of mine and I were out at a club. There were these two Eastern European guys who "hit on us"

This makes me think of Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd on SNL when they did their famous “Two Wild and Crazy Guys” skits 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Love that picture of Flouride with the Chiclets teeth.....I want to replace my big H with the pix...

Stacey needs to bring him a Invisaline kit to fix those chompers....

Darcey needs to  send Tom his own Invisaline kit to right his wrong teeth....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2

The problem with Darcy is that there is no challenge, and there is no mystery.  Sex is fine, but you eventually have to get out of bed and have a conversation with someone.  What fun could that possibly be with Darcy?  You couldn't even have a lively debate with her, since I imagine she would just agree with everything you said.  It's just boring to be with someone like that.  She is someone you date, she isn't someone you marry.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Honey said:

The problem with Darcy is that there is no challenge, and there is no mystery.  Sex is fine, but you eventually have to get out of bed and have a conversation with someone.  What fun could that possibly be with Darcy?  You couldn't even have a lively debate with her, since I imagine she would just agree with everything you said.  It's just boring to be with someone like that.  She is someone you date, she isn't someone you marry.

There is no "in the moment" with her. She's constantly reading into everything and trying to manipulate the situation into proposal territory. 

I wonder what she'd be like if someone DID propose to her? Would she actually relax a little? Feel like some of the pressure is off? (Her sister seems to be happy enough to be forever engaged.) Or would she then just morph into Bridezilla?

She's a tween dreaming about a "proposal" and probably a wedding. She doesn't seem to put any thought into an actual relationship.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Thank you for saying this. I swear anytime a guy on one of these shows acts like anything other than a Neanderthal, posters fall all over themselves to proclaim he's gay or bi or trans. Maybe he's just a small dude? Maybe he just likes grooming and wearing face masks? We need to let men engage in self-care without bringing their sexual or gender identities into question.

His looks aren't that weird to me, but his actions have me totally scratching my head. I WANT to feel like he's just trying to be respectful and that he's a gentleman and I should respect him for not hopping into the sack straightaway. He's being so awkward and strange about it, though, that I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it. Ben is kind of cute and awkward in an "aw, bless him" kind of way; Tim acts like he doesn't even want to be there. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

His looks aren't that weird to me, but his actions have me totally scratching my head. I WANT to feel like he's just trying to be respectful and that he's a gentleman and I should respect him for not hopping into the sack straightaway. He's being so awkward and strange about it, though, that I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it. Ben is kind of cute and awkward in an "aw, bless him" kind of way; Tim acts like he doesn't even want to be there. 

Oh don't get me wrong, dude's definitely weird. I just hate the immediate jump to "oh he's gay/trans/whatever" when a guy doesn't want to immediately hit it. I don't think he's weird because he's trans, I just think he's regular old weird.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

😆

Have you witnessed Darcy in full bloom?  I promise you she doesn't give a shit that he stank of puke and her sense of smell is probably burned out from too much angel.  

I'm surprised she didn't find a way to work in a wedding, like "hopefully you aren't so nervous that you vomit at the alter!    When we get married!"

I could, however buy that Tom made that up just to get out of that windowless van.  It looked kinda fun, but wow, and hour long ride in the heat and no ac ans you know Darcy put on the angel....oh boy.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Especially in light of the fact he says he was in a serious two-year relationship with the previous Colombian woman and had a relationship with Veronica, yet he acts like an 8th grader at a school dance.  He's so awkward around her.  Even when they were in the cab the day he arrived, he would barely even glance at her.

I would just write it off as social anxiety/awkwardness, but he's got relationships under his belt (which may be all he has under his belt)...I would expect him to be a bit more savvy.  

He's an odd duck, to be sure.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Especially in light of the fact he says he was in a serious two-year relationship with the previous Colombian woman and had a relationship with Veronica, yet he acts like an 8th grader at a school dance.  He's so awkward around her.  Even when they were in the cab the day he arrived, he would barely even glance at her.

I would just write it off as social anxiety/awkwardness, but he's got relationships under his belt (which may be all he has under his belt)...I would expect him to be a bit more savvy.  

He's an odd duck, to be sure.

I even tend to have a thing for the awkward, quiet, nerdy guys...but I can't figure him out.

If she were his first serious relationship or if he were a virgin or if he'd never been with a beautiful woman before then I could understand some of this...but, as you say, this isn't his first time around the block. There's a level of weirdness here that goes far beyond his little pointy head and clear nail polish.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 9/23/2019 at 7:00 AM, hookedontv said:

@Pepper Mostly

"I used to be disgusted. But now I try to be amused."

I didn't get a chance to comment on what you wrote in the Live Chat last week - I am a big Elvis Costello fan and love this quote! I always hum the song when I'm wearing my red flats...

Ugh, I did not get a chance to watch this episode yet but wanted to get a head start on the snark before watching tonight. Sounds like a fab episode - again! 

@Pepper Mostly and I believe it was also you who referenced the Shirley Jackson story, “The Lottery,” in Live Chat recently. I love this forum. Let no one say this group is not cultured—fine music, fine literature, garbage tv—you are my people.

• Love 15

Tim did say he was attracted to her but was scared of her! she is only with him to get on American TV. She thinks once we see her, she will become a big star. She IS scary. Tim is just nervous around her, she is too much. It iIS intimidating. Their story is my least favorite because it is obvious she is just a famewhore.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Delta Blow said:

@Pepper Mostly and I believe it was also you who referenced the Shirley Jackson story, “The Lottery,” in Live Chat recently. I love this forum. Let no one say this group is not cultured—fine music, fine literature, garbage tv—you are my people.

It was! I was wondering who'd catch it--I knew someone would! You are awesome!

I think I also used it when we were talking about Evelyn the virgin and her Spanish swain, whatever his name was; she and her mother seemed so unnaturally attached to her hometown of Claremont, NH that I wondered if they had a lottery every year.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Yes, please stop with the Trans talk.  I think he's just intimidated by Jeniffer, and nervous around the cameras, and happens to have effeminate features.

That being said, my boyfriend and I have NEVER said, "Let's go put on our pajamas" before bed. We just kind of end up there.  Clothed, unclothed, semi-clothed....

Darcy is so shallow.  She can't seem to have a normal conversation.  Everything has an ulterior motive and it seems she says what she thinks Tom wants to hear, not having the sense to just be natural.  "I thought the market was beautiful...romantic..."  No, it wasn't. It was a market. Where you get souvenirs.  And I had to laugh at her wanting to buy a sweatshirt. Like she wears sweatshirts.  When she's cleaning the house....

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Tim did say he was attracted to her but was scared of her! she is only with him to get on American TV. She thinks once we see her, she will become a big star. She IS scary. Tim is just nervous around her, she is too much. It iIS intimidating. Their story is my least favorite because it is obvious she is just a famewhore.

I think you're right. This routine she seems to want with a macho guy, clearly Tim isn't that guy. So why are they even pretending to "work on" a relationship?  $$ and z-list "fame".

• Love 3

And i forgot to say that the members of this forum are so sharp witted, so funny and perceptive that i would love to hang out and snark in person.  i laugh out loud so often at work.  No one on these shows has a sense of humor, self deprecation, no one even comes close to what is here.  Tom maybe a little bit.  I think he gets it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
On 9/23/2019 at 8:12 PM, HunterHunted said:

It's a race to the bottom. They think the winner gets a diamond wedding ring. They are wrong because there is no winner. They would rather murder the other than see her happy. These two are gonna die together in mutual combat.

They're going to end up like the twins that were in the news semi-recently - The Duval sisters who were so close but in such competition with one another, they changed their names to get out of legal trouble (I think?), and the one ended up driving off a cliff killing the other one.  I see it coming.

Unrelated but @Delta Blow is such a great username.  So perfect, so beautiful, yesssss.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Reminder:  No one here is tasked with policing the forum or telling anyone else how to post. 

Speculation about whether a character is trans is fine, so long as the conversation doesn't veer into insensitive language regarding the trans community.  

If you don't like someone's opinion and would prefer not to see their posts, there's an app for that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

I just think he seems way outclassed because she is so attractive (to him at least) and intimidating. He is scared he will not be up to snuff in the bedroom.... it was easy before they met. He could act a certain way and promise a certain thing, now he has to deliver. Its easy to play a part when the person isn't there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 9/23/2019 at 7:28 PM, Shieldmaiden said:

An event to remember - Mom dressed up like ET in a bedsheet, Avery wearing an Obi Wan Kenobi Halloween costume, the male witness in his finest “athlete” branded athleisure jacket, groom holding hands to repeat vows with Avery’s bearded stand-in and all in PLASTIC LAWN CHAIRS!!

Just as the sheikh was representing Avery, the witness was representing athletes.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

90 Day Fiance:  The Golden Years

could Laura and Angela join them? Possibly a spin-off show where Laura and Angela are in a race to create a little Aladin or Michael by any means possible. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

He is scared he will not be up to snuff in the bedroom.... it was easy before they met. He could act a certain way and promise a certain thing, now he has to deliver. Its easy to play a part when the person isn't there. 

He enticed her with pictures of his CAR! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 9/24/2019 at 8:44 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

I am beginning to wonder as well. He is sinister.

He reminds me a little of Dracula, what with the super red lips and the slightly curled smile.

On the series Penny Dreadful, Dracula had a day job as the curator of a natural history museum.  He reminds me of that version.  

• Love 2

I think Tim seems like a pretty nice guy. He does look a little strange but he isn't as bad as a lot of men. I don't know why he thinks he needs to find a woman in Columbia. He has nothing in common with this lady. 

None of them know anything about the person they are "in love with", it's ridiculous. Rebecca going on about how each day she is more and more in love with Zied. That has to be the glow from getting laid because he really has limited English so she can't know the real inside him since he really cannot express anything too complex in English. I think he can understand a lot better.  She was speaking to him like he was a 4 year old: You not sit inside the home all the day and I go out,  understand?

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

I think Tim seems like a pretty nice guy. He does look a little strange but he isn't as bad as a lot of men. I don't know why he thinks he needs to find a woman in Columbia. He has nothing in common with this lady. 

None of them know anything about the person they are "in love with", it's ridiculous. Rebecca going on about how each day she is more and more in love with Zied. That has to be the glow from getting laid because he really has limited English so she can't know the real inside him since he really cannot express anything too complex in English. I think he can understand a lot better.  She was speaking to him like he was a 4 year old: You not sit inside the home all the day and I go out,  understand?

I think tim likes a "dominant woman" and so I think he was looking for a Pao lite.  Some guys just like having their balls stepped on while wearing a candy pouch.  

Look at Veronica....you can tell she ran (and continues to run) their relationship.  

As for Rebecca, she wants to be in the mommy role of telling him exactly what to do and what not to do, but she doesn't want to be in tbe mommy role of paying him allowance.  

If she doesn't want to date a guy who doesn't have money, why does she keep dating a guy who doesn't have money? IF he is working he is probably helping his parents out financially.

Has she ever asked him about that between all the filtered photos, soaking up the "bootyful" compliments and showing off those tatts?  

Parental financial expectations have been a fly in the ointment for at least two other couples.  Why isn't she even asking? 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think tim likes a "dominant woman" and so I think he was looking for a Pao lite.  Some guys just like having their balls stepped on while wearing a candy pouch.  

Yeah, I think there's an unusual psycho-sexual element to this storyline and that is why so many readers are confused by it. It's not the typical boy-meets-girl scenario,.

I wonder if the Colombian gf before Jeniffer also had a daughter from a previous relationship....

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Yeah, I think there's an unusual psycho-sexual element to this storyline and that is why so many readers are confused by it. It's not the typical boy-meets-girl scenario,.

I wonder if the Colombian gf before Jeniffer also had a daughter from a previous relationship....

Maybe, but I would think the likely reason is that most men don't want to get involved with a single mom, and that would give him an advantage if that doesn't bother him.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 9/24/2019 at 2:50 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

I've been rooting for Omar and Avery, but I was very sad for Avery for her wedding ceremony, especially when the sheik filled in for her.  I know I am ignorant of the traditions of the Muslim ceremony or Lebanese laws, but I felt bad that she could not hold Omar's hand and repeat the words herself.  I hope they will be able to have a future in a safe country and have another ceremony.

We've not heard from any of our Muslim friends on social media that this wedding was normal. God only knows what they were saying or signing. This is crazy, crazy crazy! 

4 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

None of them know anything about the person they are "in love with", it's ridiculous. Rebecca going on about how each day she is more and more in love with Zied. That has to be the glow from getting laid. She was speaking to him like he was a 4 year old: You not sit inside the home all the day and I go out,  understand?

Lol ❤ this image! You know he's going to be sprawled on her sofa with all his hookah accoutrements and paraphernalia. "Hello baby, how your work? You look sooo bootiful,  baby. Uhh, baby, what's for dinner, huh and when? cuz I starving, ok? "

On 9/24/2019 at 10:21 AM, BallisticNikki said:

I'm starting to rather dislike her (Akini) dull, humorless, manipulative little self. Ugh. Their entire story is gross and disturbing to watch. (I normally do not pity the White-American-man-who-shops-for-the-poverty-stricken-ethnic-bride-in-a-developing-country. But I do here.) 

We're going to see x-rated Akini next episode and I'm here for it.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:58 AM, humbleopinion said:

Zied...want to know what hard work looks like?

Darcey's black bra straining to hold back the silicone boobage....that is hard work....

Her blush dress looks like a gathered curtain...barely long enough to cover her lady parts...

And then the next morning the twins are wearing the same hoodie with the silver cords having their talk....producer induced...

The Albanian Department of Tourism will be flooded with tens of tourists want to ride in old military UBER vans, take pictures and leave  love locks on that scenic bridge of a gully and rubble and of course buy "I went to Albania and got this sweatshirt instead of a Proposal "at the flea market...

Darcey's closed eyes in weepy sadness is made comical with her wonky eyelashes...the Albanian liquor must be giving her the shakes....

Her duck lips quivering ...that she thinks that Tom thinks that she's not good enough for him...that would normally be heartbreaking but I imagined she says it in a Donald Duck voice...quack, quack, quack...

@humbleopinion, I loved every word of your post! So descriptive. I'm going back to look at Darcey's wardrobe 

Right on re the uber. You know everyone (except Florida) in this kinda rickety van with locked windows is used to much nicer travel, like in cars with shock absorbers. 

Lol at the duck lip twins, Stacey being the  worst, imo. Darceys terrible hair moment, captured from the rear in the flea market with her tight pants squeezing the life out of her. OMG, she must be so exhausting to travel with. I heard her say they didn't have sex in the  little bed, but Tom was done, i hope forever. 

Edited by Rt66vintage
Everyone ( except Florida )
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Gobi said:

Maybe she just thinks that she's not up to the task. If she's the youngest, she probably hasn't had to deal with children that were younger than her. I think that, psychologically, it can be more difficult suddenly becoming a mother to a child than to a new born.

I respect any prospective step-parent who carefully considers whether they want that role and are willing and able to accept it.

4 hours ago, magemaud said:

could Laura and Angela join them? Possibly a spin-off show where Laura and Angela are in a race to create a little Aladin or Michael by any means possible. 

God, that's horrifying, lol.

• Love 2