Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Everyone has reported in; thank you all very much. This week's winners -- yes, there are two again -- are @GrannySmith and @j5cochran, both of whom dared to be different this week. I like those who do not follow the crowd. Vive la différence! And congratulations you two. Thanks for playing. See you next week. Good luck everyone.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Everyone has reported in; thank you all very much. This week's winners -- yes, there are two again -- are @GrannySmith and @j5cochran, both of whom dared to be different this week. I like those who do not follow the crowd. Vive la différence! And congratulations you two. Thanks for playing. See you next week. Good luck everyone.

I'm so honored to be here today, and eternally grateful to be one of this week's recipients of this award. To even be considered for a Final Jeopardy Contest Weekly Award is an honor and a privilege, so my greatest thanks to Saber5055 for this award.  And to share this award with GrannySmith makes it even more specialler. 

So enjoy the rest of this banquet, and don't forget to tip the wait staff!

2293239853_021fc868c0_o_d.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I know you are a Monday poster Your Majesty, so figured you posted from work. A couple other players are the same, so I hope everyone is doing okay. I'll keep your score line open until you can fill it in. Not a problem!

WEEK 28 • March 16 — ONE asterisk *
136. Movie Musicals. Water pressure issues in Culver City, home to MGM, impacted the filming of an iconic scene in this 1952 movie musical.
137. U.N. Members. It incorporated the “one country, two systems” principle in its constitution in 1982 & put it into practice after a 1997 reunification.
138. Fairs & Expositions. To celebrate the 500th anniversary of a major event, Seville, Spain & Genoa, Italy both had expositions in this year.
139. 20th Century History. 1946 was the last year this place, now a country, was represented in the U.S. House of Representatives.
* 140. Women Authors. 2 events figure prominently in her 2003 memoir: A coup in Chile on September 11, 1973 & the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. *

• Love 1

Week 28: three of five with the asterisk. I really need to work on my Asian geography - I guessed Hong Kong for the "one country, two systems" and had no clue at all on the country formerly in the House of Representatives!

• Love 1

Tah DAH! Announcing the Dual Winners of Week 28 ... @lb60 and @M. Darcy. This co-award celebrates forward and backward continuums. Okay, so maybe continuum isn't the correct word but I like it so I'm using it. That, plus I appreciated their consecutive three-week scores of 4-3-2 and 2-3-4. Mirror continuums worthy of The Weekly FJ Contest Co-Award.

Congratulations to both of you! Maybe you continue your continuums in Week 29.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

.....their consecutive three-week scores of 4-3-2.....

Awww, shucks!

An award for getting dumber?

shoulder shrug whatever GIF by Sing Movie

Works for me.

:-)

Congrats to my fellow co-winner, M. Darcy.

Thanks saber for all your hard work.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 3/23/2020 at 5:30 PM, saber5055 said:

Just waiting for @Fex and @Minaboo, then the week's winner(s) will be posted. I hope everyone is doing okay and are just laying low, waiting for our Jeopardy fix.

Sorry so slow! I must have blocked last week out because of my unimpressive... 1/5

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Fex said:

I must have blocked last week out because of my unimpressive... 1/5

Just know I am so far ahead in winning the prize for most 0 weeks, no one can catch me. No one!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

WEEK 29 • March 23 — TWO asterisk *
141. 1970s Sitcoms. A warning on early episodes said this show “seeks to throw a humorous spotlight on our frailties, prejudices and concerns.”
142. American Poets, This New York woman died in 1887, the year after the subject of her most famous poem was unveiled.
143. Alliterative Legislation. Signed into law in March 1941, House Resolution 1776 was this act that provided aid to a foe from 1776.
* 144 Western Hemisphere Geography. The Yucatan Peninsula is shared by these 3 countries. *
* 145. Presidential History. He was the first President to deliver the State of the Union Address on television.

• Love 1