Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Of course, on the other hand, if Lin Manuel Miranda had included the Attorney General in Hamilton, I would have gotten a perfect score.  Heh, I actually spent that FJ time going through all the Cabinet members that are mentioned in the show mentally. So boo on him 🙂 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

2/5 with the *

I had to use J!Archive for the Friday game. Our station reran the Thursday episode!....I called and they said they had technical problems....and they stated on the Friday night news they would be running it at 2:30 AM Tuesday AM....sure must have been a huge technical problem!!!! Can't wait to see if they actually run it...the woman I talked to at the station said they had loads of calls about the mistake.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Now if only FJ had some skating questions....

There was a regular skating clue, lutz/axel if I remember correctly.

I kept waving at the person wearing a blue scarf wrapped around her neck, and a purple vest/jacket/sweater. There were empty seats around her during the women's Friday night long skate. I spent more time looking at spectators than skaters.

I kept seeing one woman wearing red everything. She looked like she was keeping score for herself. Others had a yellow blanket, plus there was a lot of purple so those people blended in too much. Still, I waved.

I love Tara and Johnny.

• Love 2

Still missing the score from @helpmerhonda for this week, but I'm doing the drawing for the Weekly Honorary Non Prize. Everyone's number is in my (empty) sour-cream container. I've shaken it up, am drawing a number, eyes closed, and the winner is ...

@DXD526

Congratulations! You have won a hearty (imaginary) handshake and bragging rights as Captain of FJ Contest Week 20.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Who do I brag to? 

Everyone who will listen, and anyone who will not listen. You rock. Impress your friends and one-up your enemies. It's your week.

Be warned it might happen again. My sour-cream container is non-partisan.

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Everyone who will listen, and anyone who will not listen. You rock. Impress your friends and one-up your enemies. It's your week.

Be warned it might happen again. My sour-cream container is non-partisan.

Funny! This reminds me of some show where they kept the contest answers in a mayonnaise jar on the back porch. Was that Johnny Carson or Laugh-In?

I have to say I welcome the new champion. Blondie was getting on my last nerve. Can't believe the TS in Jeopardy (I said grocery store...AT said supermarket but grocery store was acceptable).  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Was that Johnny Carson or Laugh-In?

So funny! I had totally forgotten about that. It was a Johnny Carson skit, Carnac the Magnificent. The answers had been "kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch since noon today." That was the funniest thing in the world back then, when Mom would let me stay up late to watch.

Looking forward to a new Hawaiian shirt tomorrow.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

WEEK 21 • Jan. 27 — ONE asterisk *
96. Poets. A Dartmouth dropout, he received 2 honorary degrees from Dartmouth— in 1933 & 1935.
97. World Capitals. Sharing its name with another ancient city on the sea, this African capital is called “Bride of the Mediterranean.”
 * 98. 21st Century Oscar Winners. This man won Best Supporting Actor twice, both for films that won Best Picture.  *
99. Advertising & Music. In 2008, 34 years after it made Billboard’s top 10, this song title was used by a southern state in a tourism campaign.
100. French Towns. Legend says local farm wife Marie Harel & a priest from Brie created the famous product of this Normandy village.

• Love 1

1/5

Had to read the archives for three days, so props to whoever it is who maintains that site, you are a lifesaver!

I was sure my answer of T S Eliot was correct, and so proud of myself for coming up with it quickly.

And I knew the Oscar winner was Mehershala Ali (spelling?) immediately. By immediately I mean I saw his face in my mind and said “that guy who was so good in the third True Detective series.” Yeah, that’s the ticket. 

• Love 2

This week is proof that I live in The Bizarro World. This was my first best score, it only took 20 weeks for me to have a higher score than any of you brainiacs. I've always felt I'm a bit ... "different" ... and this just confirms it. Even my brain is a non-conformist rebel.

Don't worry, ya'll will be back on top this coming week and I'll be scoring 0s and 1s again. But thank you, planets, for aligning for me this one week.

20 minutes ago, lb60 said:

I'd like to thank Camembert, the cheese and the village, for saving me from a complete goose egg. 

I'm currently creating an ad for a dog named Camembert. One of his pups is named Petite Fromage.

• Love 4

Waiting for @Sharpie66 to report in, and the long-lost @Toothbrush. Don't make me give up on you!

Meanwhile, I am taking the power invested in me to declare ME! SABER! MOI! as the unofficial winner of Week 20 for my achievement of Highest Score After 20 Weeks in the contest. Hey, it's not happened before and likely not to happen again, so let me toss myself a crumb, okay?

Now pardon me while I put my invisible trophy in its display case.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Meanwhile, I am taking the power invested in me to declare ME! SABER! MOI! as the unofficial winner of Week 20 for my achievement of Highest Score After 20 Weeks in the contest. Hey, it's not happened before and likely not to happen again, so let me toss myself a crumb, okay?

Good for you! Seriously.

• LOL 3

WEEK 22 • Feb. 3 — NO asterisk
101. Asian Geography. This 150- by 2.5-mile area created in 1953 is now home to more than 100 endangered & protected species.
102. World Mammals. A drawing of it by John Hunter, naturalist & governor of New South Wales, published in 1802 labels it Ornithorhyncus paradoxus.
103. American History. At Harpers Ferry, John Brown & his rebels were defeated by troops commanded by this man who 2 years later led a rebel army himself.
104. Ranks & Titles. Canada, Belgium & the U.S. are among nations that bestow this artistic title that dates to the Greeks & a tree sacred to Apollo.
105. Quotes About 19th Century Authors. This author “showed that abysses may exist inside a governess”, a heroine who was a “commonplace spinster.

• Love 1