Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Kudos to everyone for doing well in Week 36. Two winners share the spotlight this week, for having mirror images of their last four scores. Those players are @Fex and @opus. Saber likes patterns whether they be argyle or numerical.

Honorable mention goes to last week's winner @Clanstarling for being consistently consistent for the fourth consecutive week.

• Love 3

WEEK 37 • June 1 — ONE asterisk *
181. European History. Once Europe’s leading military power & later the largest state in Germany, it was abolished by the Allies in 1947.
182. American Firsts. John Ledyard, sailing on Captain Cook’s last voyage in search of the NW Passage, was the 1st American to land at what are now these 2 states.
183. European Landmarks. As described in an 1831 book, it has “three recessed and pointed doorways…immense central rose window…two dark and massive towers.”
 * 184. Notable Brits. On this man’s death in a 1935 motorcycle accident, Churchill said, his “pace of life was faster & more intense than the ordinary.”  *
185. 18th Century Novels. The title character of this 1726 novel reaches 4 different lands as a result of a shipwreck, a storm at sea, pirates & a mutiny.

• Love 1
On 6/3/2020 at 4:30 PM, saber5055 said:

Kudos to everyone for doing well in Week 36. Two winners share the spotlight this week, for having mirror images of their last four scores. Those players are @Fex and @opus. Saber likes patterns whether they be argyle or numerical.

Honorable mention goes to last week's winner @Clanstarling for being consistently consistent for the fourth consecutive week.

Wow, thanks!!! 😊

3/5 this week. 

• Love 2

This week's winner has taken over the title of Most Consistent Player now that Clanstarling has given up the title. (Translation: Ruined her streak.) And the honor of being Week 37's Favorite Player is none other than @peeayebee, who has gone true and steady by scoring the same total for four weeks straight. Long may you rule, my friend!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

WEEK 38 • June 8 — ONE asterisk *
186. 20th Century America. 10-year-old Martin Luther King, Jr. sang with his church’s choir at the celebrated premiere of this film.
187. Pre-Civil War Presidents. Encyclopedia Britannica says of him: “After an extended tour of Europe he retired to Concord…& he died in obscurity.”
188. Notable British Names. Published in 1881, “The Formation of Vegetable Mould, Through the Actions of Worms” was his last & one of his bestselling books.
 * 189. Medical History. One of the first recorded autopsies was performed on this man & revealed 23 puncture marks.  *
190. Authors. On this woman’s passing in 2019, Oprah Winfrey called her “a magician with language, who understood the power of words.”

I'm sorry to see the season end early, I'm really not ready for it. Contest winners will be announced after everyone has done a final check in.

• Love 1

Week 38: 2 for 5.

11 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Contest winners will be announced after everyone has done a final check in.

I shall await my booby prize.

;-)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1