Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Gather 'round in a virtual group everyone as the Very Special Winners of Week 31 are announced. May I present First-Time-Fivers @zoey1996, @lb60, @j5cochran and @GrannySmith, all of whom achieved their very first Perfect Score Week. Way to go, my very smart dudes. Long may your brains rule this contest.

However, extra-special mention belongs to that shrinking violet named @saber5055, who also achieved a perfect week for the First Time Evah. Saber gets special accolades since, while the above four stars all have had 4-score star weeks (ha), poor Saber has never had a score higher than 3, although Saber does hold the dubious record for most 0 weeks. So there's that.

More college week FJs, please show!

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

However, extra-special mention belongs to that shrinking violet named @saber5055, who also achieved a perfect week for the First Time Evah. Saber gets special accolades since, while the above four stars all have had 4-score star weeks (ha), poor Saber has never had a score higher than 3, although Saber does hold the dubious record for most 0 weeks. So there's that.

image.png.ce88f416b54c604131786ebe0cf37f0d.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

However, extra-special mention belongs to that shrinking violet named @saber5055, who also achieved a perfect week for the First Time Evah.

Yay, Saber gets a virtual treat!  Chicken, salmon, or broccoli?

• LOL 2
23 minutes ago, Driad said:

Yay, Saber gets a virtual treat!  Chicken, salmon, or broccoli?

Three of my favorites foods dontchaknow.

Since I just had chicken for lunch ... salmon WITH broccoli, please!

And thank you!

("Please-and-thank-you" lessons courtesy of Captain Kangaroo.)

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Gather 'round in a virtual group everyone as the Very Special Winners of Week 31 are announced. May I present First-Time-Fivers @zoey1996, @lb60, @j5cochran and @GrannySmith, all of whom achieved their very first Perfect Score Week. Way to go, my very smart dudes. Long may your brains rule this contest.

I win again?

unbelievable no way GIF

Congratulations to my fellow winners. 

Special shout-out to saber.

you did it will ferrell GIF

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

More college week FJs, please show!

Ah, gee, shucks. . . .

I'm especially honored to be on the same podium as @saber5055

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lb60 said:

Uhhhh, saber? Is there perhaps a "From Hero to Zero" weekly award winner category?

You have one more day to pull yourself out of that hole. Don't count your trophies before they are awarded! Maybe tomorrow's FJ will be "This pantsless bear of very little brain is honored with his own special day every January 18."

Time's up!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Maybe tomorrow's FJ will be "This pantsless bear of very little brain is honored with his own special day every January 18."

One can only hope! 

:-)

• LOL 1
(edited)

WEEK 32 • April 13 • College Week — two asterisk *
156. Religious Words. This word for a concept in Eastern religions comes from Latin roots for “made in flesh” & “again.”
157. Country Names. The cartographic feature from which this country gets its name passes near the town of Guayllabamba.
 * 158. Presidential Geography. This Midwest city is the burial place of one 19th century President & was named for a relative of another.   *
 * 159. Shakespeare's Plays. An account of a deposed Duke of Genoa in a 1549 “History of Italy” is a presumed source for this play. *
160. Historic Figures. In legend, this real European leader fielded an elite corps called the 12 Peers that included Oliver & Roland.

Edited by saber5055
It's Week 32 not 31, thank you Zoey1996!
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

And @saber5055, it's week 32.

Thanks Zoey for catching yet another of my DUH moments. At least my score sheet was correct, just my brain skipped a week. It, too, wished to repeat Week 31.

I am glad you are here to take care of me, weasled up old thing that I am. Heh.

It's Winner Time again folks! I name the winner of Week 32 as none other than our friend @DXD526. I am fascinated by only two numbers being recorded since Week 17. That's 16 straight weeks of consistency. Admirable, to say the least! Congrats @DXD526. Keep it up and you will win next week too. "Give me a one and a TWO and a THREE ..." TM Lawrence Welk.

Meanwhile, I'm proud to say this week I'm smack in the middle of everyone's scores instead of being the lowest of low. Someone else got that honor this week. Ha ha! (I'm laughing with you, not at you.)

Good luck everyone now that we are back to the difficult senior-people FJs instead of those easy peasy toddler-level college clues.

• Love 5

WEEK 33 • April 20 — NO asterisk
161. Recent Movie Songs. In Oct. 2019 this song, a duet, was still in the Top 10 on Billboard’s Adult Contemporary chart after spending a year on the chart. “
162. Contemporary Authors. Publishers Weekly has dubbed this former middle school English teacher turned bestselling author “Storyteller of the Gods.”
163. World Elections. In 2014 this democratic nation broke the record for total turnout in a single election with more than 500 million voters.
164. Statesmen. The first Asian to accept the Nobel Peace Prize was the PM of this country who in 1967 renounced use of nuclear weapons.
165. Men & Machines. John Moore-Brabazon, the first pilot licensed by England, had learned about engines working for this man, first half of a famous pair.

• Love 1