Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, saber5055 said:

The next two players share The Mirror Image Consecutive Award for not only having identical scores but having scores that kept increasing by one as the weeks went on. Those astral-twin contestants are @peeayebee and @Trey.

😊 😊 

Thanks! 

• Love 3
On 5/5/2020 at 7:33 AM, Good Queen Jane said:
On 5/4/2020 at 2:44 PM, PBnJay said:

Nice! Me too! 5 plus 1*. The luck of the Irish I guess.

Oh, you went to Notre Dame too?

No, just born Irish. I don't have to pretend on St. Paddy's Day.

I'm glad the contest isn't going on during the tournament. I was 2/5 last week. 

• Love 1

Week 37 (or is it week 35, since we didn't count the GOAT weeks): four of five with the asterisk for Swiss Family Robinson. On Monday, I got hung up on the Federalist Papers (it's an Alexander Hamilton thang), and could not come up with the Articles of Confederation.

• Love 1

WEEK 35 • May 18 — ONE asterisk *
171. America in the 1700s. “Every state shall always keep up a well regulated and disciplined militia, sufficiently armed and accoutred” is in No. 6 of these.
 * 172. Adventure Novels. In this novel the surname of a pastor, his wife & 4 sons is not given in the text; the title was meant to evoke a 1719 novel.  *
173. Classic TV Sitcoms. “I Love Lucy” used the French word “enceinte” in a 1952 episode title because CBS didn’t want this word used.
174. Military Slang. This word for high-ranking officials comes from a metal used in 19th century military insignia.
175. Ivy League Geography. This state borders 3 other states with Ivy League schools, but doesn’t have one itself.

• Love 1
(edited)

The scores are in, folks, and Week 35 has claimed three winners. First award goes to the steady and unwaivering @Clanstarling for consistently achieving the same score for three weeks straight. We like players who are dependable. So, congratulations, and enjoy this high honor. This is YOUR week.

Our second and third winners are the brainiacs named @Driad and @Good Queen Jane, both of whom achieved the remarkable accomplishment of being the only players to score a perfect FIVE week. AND an asterisk. Well done, my very oh-so-smart friends. Bragging rights belong to both of you. Congrats.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

The scores are in, folks, and Week 35 has claimed three winners. First award goes to the steady and unwaivering @Clanstarling for consistently achieving the same score for three weeks straight. We like players who are dependable. So, congratulations, and enjoy this high honor. This is YOUR week.

Our second and third winners are the brainiacs named @Driad and @Good Queen Jane, both of whom achieved the remarkable accomplishment of being the only players to score a perfect FIVE week. AND an asterisk. Well done, my very oh-so-smart friends. Bragging rights belong to both of you. Congrats.

Well, I am known for my dependability. Though I'd like to be known for my brains...alas, some things are not meant to be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

WEEK 36 • May 25 — ONE asterisk *
176. U.S. Geography. Touching Canada at Boundary County, the northern part of this state’s Panhandle has been referred to as “The Chimney.”
177. 20th Century Metaphors. If it had physically existed, it would have stretched some 500 miles from the Baltic Sea to the Adriatic Sea.
178. Fairy Tales. A familiar chant in this fairy tale continues, “Be he alive or be he dead, I’ll grind his bones to make my bread.”
179. Word Origins. P.T. Barnum, whose traveling shows carried musicians, coined this word that now represents something growing in popularity.
 *180. Presidential Libraries & Museums. Of the 15 U.S. Presidential Libraries or Museums, 3 are in this state, more than any other. *

30 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

2/5. Damn my inevitable consistency! I guess I have to resign myself to being a smartass, rather than smart.

Better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

• LOL 1