Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

1/5. Started the week off 1/1, then tanked. The nice streak of mediocrity is over, since saber mentioned it and thereby put the whammy on me! At least there have been no 0/5 weeks yet (there was at least one last season, IIRC). So I guess there's that!

• Love 1

Well, all you Contest Contestants, it's time to reveal the winner of Week 33. And that lucky player is ... dum de dum dum ... @Fex, who made the remarkable climb up three rungs from the depths of last week to (almost) the pinnacle of the highest (almost) high of this week.

Congratulations @Fex. Long may your brain rain. I mean, reign.

*applause*

• Love 4
(edited)

WEEK 34 • April 27 — ONE asterisk *
 * 166. Civil War People. Before they were photographed together in 1862, Lincoln wryly noted this general “should have no problem” sitting still for it.   *
167. 1950s Films. The last line of this epic film was “Go—proclaim liberty throughout all the lands unto all the inhabitants thereof.”
168. 19th Century Novels. Its first line ends, “The period was so far like the present period…for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.”
169. Advertising. Copywriter Keith Goldberg wrote this question in 1999 for a financial services company; they’re still using it.
170. Nations of the World. On the English-language list of member states of un.org, it’s the only nation with a Spanish-language article in its name.

Next week will be an Official Contest Vacation so I hope everyone scored well this week. SCORE!

Edited by saber5055
I forgot to remove the answers! ACK! heh.
  • Love 1
On 4/19/2020 at 8:08 PM, suebee12 said:

Well, I can say I was 5/5 last week!!! This week??? 2/5😥

I knew I posted! And you gave me a big heart,,,,,Maybe because it was at the end of the post????

Week 34: three of five, with the asterisk!

I broke my many-weeks can't answer-the-bleeding-geography-questions streak by getting El Salvador. I guess the question didn't confuse me as it did other, because I thought, Spanish language article, um, la or el, oh! El Savador!

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, suebee12 said:
On 4/19/2020 at 8:08 PM, suebee12 said:

Well, I can say I was 5/5 last week!!! This week??? 2/5😥

I knew I posted! And you gave me a big heart,,,,,Maybe because it was at the end of the post????

Not to be picky, but your post from April 19 would be for Week 32, score of 2/5. Week 31 was 5/5. Got those. I'm missing Week 33, April 20-24. I went back and didn't see it.

This week is Week 34, score of 4/5 recorded. So I still need Week 33. Help!

37 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

So I still need Week 33. Help!

Hanging head in shame, red-faced and totally sorry! Maybe because it was such a bad week, I tried to overlook it! 2/5🥴

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Minaboo said:

Happy May, everybody!

Happy May to you too, and everyone else.  Let's hope it's better than April has been.  April is the cruellest month, indeed!

Chez Trey, it's always a contest on the first day of each month to be the first to say Happy May day, or whatever month it is. Mr. Trey usually wins, only because he gets up first and his brain is already operating while mine is still fuzzy.

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Minaboo said:

Happy May, everybody!

Thank you @Minaboo, Happy May to you as well! For once I remembered it was the start of a new month so all the dogs got their heartworm meds on the correct day for once.

Week 34:  3/5  (0*)   Overall:  87/170   (9*).  Now, since the next two weeks are reruns, should we consider week of May 18 (when new episodes air) as "Week 35" (if the next two weeks were new, it would be week 37)?

• Love 1

I'm letting all contest players take a two-week well-earned vacation. (You are welcome.) When we reconvene, we'll take up where we left off, so we will be in Week 35.

It would be kinda funny to keep FJ scores through the reruns. I'm guessing I still wouldn't have a perfect week.

• LOL 2

Week 34: 4 for 5.

I shall now be turning off my brain for the next two weeks of reruns. It did work hard this past week. It deserves a vacation ;-)

• Love 2

Because this week had several interesting scores, I'm announcing THREE WINNERS of Week 34. Looking at totals for the last three weeks, I greatly admire @Minaboo for holding tight to The Most Consistent Score Award, keeping the same score for three weeks straight. Yeay!

The next two players share The Mirror Image Consecutive Award for not only having identical scores but having scores that kept increasing by one as the weeks went on. Those astral-twin contestants are @peeayebee and @Trey.

Kongratulations and Kudos to all three. And to the rest of our players, keep your chins up, the next winner could be YOU! (After our two-week vacation that is.)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Because this week had several interesting scores, I'm announcing THREE WINNERS of Week 34. Looking at totals for the last three weeks, I greatly admire @Minaboo for holding tight to The Most Consistent Score Award, keeping the same score for three weeks straight. Yeay!

I am humbled and honored to receive this prestigious award. For my consistent 1/5 score.

I love your sense of humor!

• LOL 2