Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

4/5, 1*

I will be gone next week to Montreal (coronavirus be damned) for the World Figure Skating Championship, so I won't be posting my next scores until March 24. I'll be wearing my blue sparkly scarf (with several other fans) but I'm not sure how visible I will be on TV (It's harder to get good seats at Worlds). Look for a group of US fans near one of the corners of the arena.  I will wave to all of you.

• Love 5

Behold, the winners of Week 26!

First, to celebrate achieving their Very First Perfect Score Week, we shine the spotlight on @Clanstarling and @helpmerhonda. Congratulations to both of you for being perfect. Perfectly smart! May you have many more 5s in the weeks to come.

Special Recognition also goes to @opus, who achieved his/her highest score since Week 13. Week 13, 13 weeks later in Week 26 ... nothing superstitious there. Congratulations @opus. Onward and upward!

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Special Recognition also goes to @opus, who achieved his/her highest score 

His.

50 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Congratulations @opus. Onward and upward!

Even money says it will be onward and downward...

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Behold, the winners of Week 26!

First, to celebrate achieving their Very First Perfect Score Week, we shine the spotlight on @Clanstarling and @helpmerhonda. Congratulations to both of you for being perfect. Perfectly smart! May you have many more 5s in the weeks to come.

Special Recognition also goes to @opus, who achieved his/her highest score since Week 13. Week 13, 13 weeks later in Week 26 ... nothing superstitious there. Congratulations @opus. Onward and upward!

I feel so special! 🎇 Thank you!

• LOL 1

I'm so sorry Your Majesty. I was wondering if you would still be able to go since it was in Canada. Are they rescheduling or is it just cancelled? I'm judging a dog show next weekend and am starting to get a little freaky about that.

• Love 1

The ISU (International Skating Union) statement indicated that if Worlds was rescheduled, it would not be until October, 2020. I think it would be highly unlikely that they would hold Worlds then since that is the start of the Grand Prix season and skaters would have created their new season programs. 2021 Worlds is already scheduled for Stockholm in March of 2021, so it would be a real mess to change that.  I think it is most likely just canceled.

6 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Well, the coronavirus won. They canceled the World Figure Skating Championships yesterday so no trip to Montreal for me. Boo hiss. I'll just have to wave to all of you from home.

👋 back at you.

Edited by Clanstarling
5 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

It would be cool (in more ways than one) to go to Stockholm, but first I have to get my money back for the all event ticket, hotel, plane fare, etc, that I already spent on going to Montreal.

Ugh. Best of luck on that. I've been hearing about trip insurance since everything is getting cancelled. Too bad that wasn't common knowledge (at least to me) before booking and paying.

WEEK 27 • March 9 — NO asterisk *
131. Religion. These 2 countries that border each other are second & third in worldwide population of Muslims.
132. 19th Century Plays. From the title of a British-set comedy, it completes the final line “I’ve now realized for the first time in my life the vital…”
133. Book Words. A 1964 essay coined this 2-word term for “artistically serious” comic books & endorsed it over “illustories” & “picto-fiction.”
134. Actors. Speaking of his role in a 1964 film, he apologized for “the most atrocious Cockney accent in the history of cinema.”
135. Birds. Black-footed & black-browed are 2 species of this seabird whose name was influenced by the Latin word for “white.”

• Love 1