Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Sorry all you players ("player" is a compliment in this context) that I haven't posted the results or the winners yet in the Season 36 Contest. Life has pretty much sucked the life out of me lately. But know all will be posted, and prize winners announced, courtesy of my Magic Cottage Cheese container drawing. Yes, there are real and very tangible prizes. All of you are in the running for one, and just so ya'll know, I am not eligible or that Booby Prize would be MINE. ALL MINE!

• Love 3

Finally, here are the scores for correct FJ answers in the Season 36 contest:

PBnJay  - 162 
Biakbiak - 159
Driad - 144
Fex - 122
Suebee12 - 121
Good Queen Jane - 117
Browncoat - 116
j5cochran - 116
M. Darcy - 108
Zoey1996 - 107
Helpmerhonda - 104
Clanstarling - 98
Illdoc - 98
LB60 - 89
GrannySmith - 88
Peeayebee - 86
Trey - 86
Minaboo - 84
DXD526 - 83
Opus - 68

Here are the final rankings for most asterisks in the Season 36 FJ contest. Note that not everyone played The Asterisk Game.

PBnJay - 24
Biakbiak - 20
Driad - 20
Fex - 16
Good Queen Jane - 15
j5cochran - 13
Zoey1996 - 12
Suebee12 - 11
Browncoat - 11
Illdoc - 11
GrannySmith - 11
Peeayebee - 10
Minaboo - 10
Clanstarling - 9
M. Darcy - 8
Helpmerhonda - 8
DXD526 - 7
LB60 - 5

Instead of there being "winners" and "losers" (because IMO there are no losers here) and to give everyone an equal chance to be rewarded for committing to playing this game for 38 weeks, I blind-drew five numbers from my Magic Cottage Cheese Tub. The numbers coincide to names on the score sheet; those five people will be sent a prize, awarded in reverse alphabetical order. Prize winners are @peeayebee, @PBnJay, @Minaboo, @M. Darcy and @illdoc. I will PM the winners in that order so each may choose a prize from this list. That might take me a while, but know I will do that and yes, your very-real prizes are here and will be mailed to you. Yeay all youse guys!

I always feel badly after winners are chosen because I want everyone to be able to get a real prize for playing this season, and some of my fav players (you know who you are!) were left in that cottage-cheese tub. Waiting for Season 37 maybe?

p.s. Notice Saber's scores are not in either column. Thank goodness I am not a competitor or yes, @lb60, that Booby Prize would indeed be mine. Twice!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

PBnJay  - 162 
Biakbiak - 159
Driad - 144
Fex - 122
Suebee12 - 121
Good Queen Jane - 117
Browncoat - 116
j5cochran - 116
M. Darcy - 108
Zoey1996 - 107
Helpmerhonda - 104
Clanstarling - 98
Illdoc - 98
LB60 - 89
GrannySmith - 88
Peeayebee - 86
Trey - 86
Minaboo - 84
DXD526 - 83
Opus - 68

Here are the final rankings for most asterisks in the Season 36 FJ contest. Note that not everyone played The Asterisk Game.

PBnJay - 24
Biakbiak - 20
Driad - 20
Fex - 16
Good Queen Jane - 15
j5cochran - 13
Zoey1996 - 12
Suebee12 - 11
Browncoat - 11
Illdoc - 11
GrannySmith - 11
Peeayebee - 10
Minaboo - 10
Clanstarling - 9
M. Darcy - 8
Helpmerhonda - 8
DXD526 - 7
LB60 - 5

Instead of there being "winners" and "losers" (because IMO there are no losers here) and to give everyone an equal chance to be rewarded for committing to playing this game for 38 weeks, I blind-drew five numbers from my Magic Cottage Cheese Tub. The numbers coincide to names on the score sheet; those five people will be sent a prize, awarded in reverse alphabetical order. Prize winners are @peeayebee, @PBnJay, @Minaboo, @M. Darcy and @illdoc. I will PM the winners in that order so each may choose a prize from this list. That might take me a while, but know I will do that and yes, your very-real prizes are here and will be mailed to you. Yeay all youse guys!

I always feel badly after winners are chosen because I want everyone to be able to get a real prize for playing this season, and some of my fav players (you know who you are!) were left in that cottage-cheese tub. Waiting for Season 37 maybe?

p.s. Notice Saber's scores are not in either column. Thank goodness I am not a competitor or yes, @lb60, that Booby Prize would indeed be mine. Twice!

Eh, my prize is participating with all you fine people. That's real enough for me.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

This was really fun! Thanks for running the contest, @saber5055. It was such a great diversion, especially the last few months. No matter what was going on, there was this little bright spot at the end of each week. 🌤

• Love 6

Congrats to all the winners - and to everyone who participated through to the end.  

Huge thank you to @saber5055 for keeping this going and keeping us honest!  It's been really fun, and I am looking forward to next season, whenever that may be!

• Love 3
On 6/26/2020 at 6:55 PM, Clanstarling said:

Eh, my prize is participating with all you fine people. 

Screw that!

I want a prize!

sad tantrum GIF

<sigh>

Always a bridesmaid......

;-)

Also, comparing my totals from last year and this year, I've gotten 0.0008772% stupider. Go me!

Congrats to all the winners. Ya done good!

Thank you to our fearless leader, saber.

Although, I am tempted to send you a new Magic Cottage Cheese Tub. Just sayin'. ;-)

Until next season. Whenever that might be.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 6/26/2020 at 4:19 PM, saber5055 said:

blind-drew five numbers from my Magic Cottage Cheese Tub. The numbers coincide to names on the score sheet; those five people will be sent a prize, awarded in reverse alphabetical order. Prize winners are @peeayebee, @PBnJay, @Minaboo, @M. Darcy and @illdoc

I am not worthy!

I am not worthy!

This board and you fellow posters (especially people like @Saber5055) make Jeopardy so much more enjoyable ❤️

• Love 7
On 6/26/2020 at 4:19 PM, saber5055 said:

I blind-drew five numbers from my Magic Cottage Cheese Tub. The numbers coincide to names on the score sheet; those five people will be sent a prize, awarded in reverse alphabetical order. Prize winners are @peeayebee, @PBnJay, @Minaboo, @M. Darcy and @illdoc.

Oh, WOW! I forgot to check in yesterday, work has been so busy, but how exciting that my number was drawn from the Magic Cottage Cheese tub! Thank you Magic Tub, and thank you @saber5055 for hosting the contest. It was so much fun. I looked forward to checking in every Monday. I hope we get to do it next season *hint hint*. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

@saber5055, are you going to be hosting a Final Jeopardy Contest for Season 37? Say yes, please, please, pretty please with sugar on top

Well, bless your heart Your Majesty. Your sweet treat was not needed, but it's nice to know I am needed. Yes, of course I will host the new Season 37 Final Jeopardy Contest! Although I need 30 lashes with a wet noodle (TM Lisa Loopner) because the certificates and prizes won in the Season 36 contest are still sitting here collecting virtual dust. I guess some other things have been distracting me from my Contest Host duties ... *ahem*

I hope we get all our players back, and more. Everyone is welcome and participation is encouraged. Anyone can win a prize! ANYONE! (I'm looking at you, Reader.)

• Love 4

In all seriousness folks, I dropped the ball on getting S36FJ prizes out because I didn't want to go to the post office. I'm pretty much freaked about going anywhere, and have been since March. I did go to the post office a few weeks ago and am still alive I guess, so I promise to get the prizes mailed, once the winners make their choices.

And that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

• Love 1