Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, PBnJay said:

4/5 with 2*. I've heard of Archie Bunker so said Archie Bunker's Place.

Even though I watched All in the Family from the start, I couldn't get Archie Bunker's Place out of my mind until the last second.

• Love 1

WEEK 30 • March 30 — ONE asterisk *
146. Advertising Characters. Jack Keil’s team created this animal character rolled out in 1980, ther year of the USA’s highest recorded murder rate.
147. Geographic Namesakes. A county in England has an ocean coastline roughly twice as long as the 18 miles of this U.S. state named for it.
* 148. Canadian Geography. Canada’s Four Corners monument marks the junction of the Northwest Territories, Nunavut & these 2 Prairie provinces.  *
149. Classic American Novels. Lady Duff Twysden was the basis for a character in this 1926 novel set partly in Spain.
150. Historic Americans. In 1904 this Hungarian-born Newspaper reporter wrote, “Our republic and its press will rise or fall together.”

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Canada also cheated you out of winning this week. So there's that, too.

<shakes fist>

Damn you, Canada!

Much love to our Canadian posters. I'm not a complete monster. ;-)

• LOL 2

Hey @Sharpie66, don't forget to report in! It's been two-weeks and Mom gets worried about her players when they disappear. *cough @Toothbrush cough*

Meanwhile, the co-winners of Week 30 have been named. TA DAH! Because I like patterns and sequences (and sequins, but I digress), @illdoc and @suebee12 are this week's co-winners with their matching reflective scores of four straight 3s. It's like you guys are copying off of each other's papers. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Congratulations to you both! Long may you rock the contest.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, suebee12 said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! And I promise I didn't look at @illdoc's answers!

It looks more like zoey1996 & I are collaborating--overall, we have the same number of * and nearly identical scores (she has one more right than me)! 

• Love 1

WEEK 31 • April 6 • College Week — NO asterisk
151. Wonders of the Modern World. Nicknamed “The Big Ditch”, in 2014 this modern wonder celebrated its 100th anniversary.
152. American History. A 1711 bill cleared the names of 22 people who were tried in this town, including Rebecca Nurse, Giles Corey & John Proctor.
153. American Authors. She published under her middle name; her first name was Nelle, Ellen backward in honor of her grandmother Ellen Finch.
154. European Borders. Barely changed since a 1297 agreement, the border between these 2 countries is called La Raya on one side & A Raia on the other.
155. Words In The News. On September 25, 2019, searches on merriam-webster.com for the definition of this 3-word Latin term increased by 5,500%.

• Love 1