Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

(edited)

WEEK 19 • Jan. 13 — NO asterisk
91. The Bible. This book of the Bible ends with “Fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.”
92. World Geography. About the size of West Virginia, Devon Island is the largest uninhabited island in the world & a possession of this country.
93. Children’s Literature. Einstein’s theory of relativity & Max Planck’s quantum theory inspired this book that won a 1963 Newbery Medal.
94. Central American Geography. It’s the easternmost capital city in Central America.
95. DNA Makes News. In 1993 remains of the Russian Royal Family killed in 1918 were confirmed by comparing their DNA to this member of the British Royal Family.

Edited by saber5055
Numbering was off. Twice!
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Minaboo said:

Now I remember why I didn’t join the Final Jeopardy contest last year.

You are doing great and in contention for a prize, so don't get depressed. So far everyone is scoring higher than I did this week. Small consolation, but still a consolation!

• Love 1
On 1/22/2020 at 9:45 PM, saber5055 said:

With all due respect to Good Queen Jane who is on sabbatical, I proclaim @Fex as the winner of Week 19. Congratulations, and well done!

Aw, shucks, thanks!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Note: Clue numbers have been off, starting with week 15. I fixed Week 19 here, but was not able to edit weeks before that. Scores are not affected, this is just an fyi and a warning to me to pay better attention.

Edited by saber5055

19 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Note: Clue/answer numbering has been off by one, starting with week 17. I fixed Week 19 here, but was not able to edit Weeks 17 and 18. Week 20 will be questions 91-95, for anyone keeping their own totals.

Shouldn't week 20 be Questions 96 - 100?  Odd weeks end in 5 (week 1, Q 1 - 5), even weeks end in 0 (week 2, Q 6 - 10).

My score for Week 20: 2/5 

YTD:  50/100  6*

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoey1996 said:

Shouldn't week 20 be Questions 96 - 100?  Odd weeks end in 5 (week 1, Q 1 - 5), even weeks end in 0 (week 2, Q 6 - 10).

Geesh. You are correct. I copy/paste weeks on my master, then update the numbers. Turns out I did not do that for Week 15, so clue numbers have been off since then.

Excuse me while I go back and fix the master, then this week will be correct. *crosses fingers* Thanks for catching that, @zoey1996.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

WEEK 20 • Jan. 20 — ONE asterisk *
96. Cabinet Positions. Of the 4 jobs in George Washington’s cabinet, the 2 that have been filled by women in the 230 years since.
97. Classic Movies. This 1939 film was loosely based on Senator Burton Wheeler, victim of a sham investigation for looking into the Justice Dept.
98. U.S. Territories. Of the 5 inhabited U.S. territories, this is the only one where cars drive on the left.
99. Famous Names. A new Election Day ritual is leaving “I Voted” stickers on the headstone of this historic woman at a Rochester, New York cemetery.
* 100. Bestselling Authors. Now in her 70s, this author splits her time between Paris & San Francisco, often writing 20 to 22 hours a day on an old typewriter. *

Week 20 started on January 20. A coincidence ... or a plan?

Clue 100 is the first asterisk since clues 77 and 62. Before clue 62 (Week 13), there were asterisks every week except Week 4 and ToC Week 9.

• Love 1