Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Announcing the dual winners of Week 24:

@Minaboo and @Trey!

Congratulations to both of you for being the only players to score exactly one point higher than the contest host. Enjoy your special week!

I am so honored to be in such good company!

• LOL 2

WEEK 25 • Feb. 24 — NO asterisk *
121. Music Stars. In July 26, 1972 he testified before a Senate subcommittee on national penitentiaries.
122. Fast Food. This sandwich was 1st sold in 1962 as an attempt to give the many Catholics of Cincinnati something to eat on Fridays during Lent.
123. Science Words. In 1611 Kepler used this word from the Latin for “attendant” to describe the discoveries of Galileo.
124. 18th Century America. The first Census, in 1790, listed 24 urban places; this port was the most populous one in the South.
125. The Civil War. The Chicago Tribune called Clement Vallandigham, an anti-war Ohio Democrat, a “traitor” & a “hissing” one of these creatures.

• Love 1

Week 25: 3 for 5.

19 hours ago, suebee12 said:

All I can say is "I hate snakes"!

19 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I hate them more.

I hate them the most.

pee wee herman running GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, j5cochran said:

four of five, if you count McDonald's fish sandwich in place of Filet-O-Fish!

Oh what the heck. We're all friends here. 4/5 it is.

2 hours ago, lb60 said:

I hate them the most.

I don't mind snakes, but I absolutely LOVE PeeWee Herman.

"I know you are but what am I?" Hehe heh.

• LOL 2

*curtseys*  Thank you, Saber!  By the way, I enjoy that you use different criteria in different weeks to choose the winner.  It adds a bit of suspense.  🙂

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Driad said:

By the way, I enjoy that you use different criteria in different weeks to choose the winner.

<sits and wonders if Pooh's #1 Fan will ever be the criteria>

What?

Anything is poohssible (see what I did there?).

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Driad said:

By the way, I enjoy that you use different criteria in different weeks to choose the winner.  It adds a bit of suspense. 

Thank you @Driad. The final contest winners are going to be selected by some unusual criteria this season as well. I don't know yet if Red Shirt* avatars will be one of them.

*Star Trek reference.

• Love 1

WEEK 26 • March 2 — TWO asterisk *
* 126. From The Desk Of The Pope. A 1919 letter quotes Jesus, “Go into the whole world and preach the gospel” & notes the vigilance, energy & hardships of these workers.  *
127. Children's Books. This book was published in Latin as “Virent Ova! Viret Perna!!”
128. 20th Century Artists. This artist who lived from 1904 to 1989 had a first name that means “savior” in Spanish.
* 129. British Novels. A laboratory known as the House of Pain is on Noble’s Isle, the title setting of this novel.*
130. 21st Century Movies. After its initial release in 2016, it became the first major motion picture to be dubbed in Tahitian.

• Love 1