Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

WEEK 13 (Dec. 2) — ONE asterisk *
61. Historic Lists. “Why does not the Pope…build the Basilica of St. Peter with his own money rather than with the money of poor believers?” is one of these.
* 62. Literary New York City. An insider described the scene there: “Just … loudmouths showing off, saving their gags for days, waiting to spring them.” *
63. Opera Title Names. Before being consumed in flames, he flirts with a bride on her wedding day & a list of his amorous conquests is sung.
64. Holiday Songs. This song had its beginnings as a book handed out to children at Christmas at Montgomery Ward.
65. Europe. A tourism website for this country noted its colorful history “filled with barbarians”, royalty, & even a movie star.”

• Love 1
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

my father will be very disappointed that I missed a Christmas music question since he forced us to only listen to Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving until New Years.

He would love a particular station around here! It plays nothing but Christmas music from sometime in early November  to sometime in mid-January (exact start/end dates vary).

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, illdoc said:

He would love a particular station around here! It plays nothing but Christmas music from sometime in early November  to sometime in mid-January (exact start/end dates vary).

He is very particular and believes it should only be played from the day after thanksgiving to New Years Eve so he would have issues!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He is very particular and believes it should only be played from the day after thanksgiving to New Years Eve so he would have issues!!

I concur with your father - could be that I am as old as your father and we share a similar expectation of the holiday season. 🙂

• Love 1

I'm sorry, @saber5055. I would have sworn that I posted my score last week...Between Thanksgiving and being a bit under the weather, I guess is why I missed! Anyway, last week was 2/5, 1* and to keep things interesting, that was my score for this week, 2/5, 1*. I really need to get a few more answers!

I finally figured out why I didn't know about Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. We did not have a Montgomery Wards when I was growing up! Until I moved to FL I hadn't even heard of one....good excuse tho'!

Edited by suebee12
  • Love 1

WEEK 14 • Dec. 9 — NO asterisk
66. Vice Presidents. George H.W. Bush in 1988 was the first sitting Vice President to be elected to the top job since this man 152 years before.
67. Oscar-Winning Films. The first words spoken in this 1970 Best Picture Oscar winner are “Ten-hut!” “Be seated.”
68. National Historical Parks. Est. in 2015, the Manhattan Project National Historical Park has sites in Hanford, Washington; Los Alamos, N.M.; & this Tennessee city.
69, Women Authors. In 1947 she testified before the House Un-American Activities Committee on how the film “Song of Russia” was communist propaganda.
70. Business Namesakes. It’s the last name of the man who said, “Our whole concept was based on speed, lower prices & volume…my God, the carhops were slow.”

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Minaboo said:

My high school physics teacher, a young nun, spent the summer of 1966 at Oak Ridge on a federal grant.

She wasn't the nun who was arrested for breaking into Oak Ridge as a protester in 2012, was she?

• LOL 1
14 minutes ago, saber5055 said:
23 minutes ago, Minaboo said:

My high school physics teacher, a young nun, spent the summer of 1966 at Oak Ridge on a federal grant.

She wasn't the nun who was arrested for breaking into Oak Ridge as a protester in 2012, was she?

I doubt it—she was very excited about the opportunity and this was in the 1960s not 2012.

Week 14: 1 for 5.

Hoping my brain grows three sizes overnight, because that's just pathetic.

#grinchreference

#itsgrinchdayatschooltomorrow

#letthecrazyweekbeforebreakbegin   

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, lb60 said:

that's just pathetic.

You are welcome to join me at The Pathetic Table which, BTW, is the most funnest table in the room. We are serving fast food and egg nog!

(I can't believe this site says "funnest" is correctly spelled while "nog" is not.)

@Toothbrush, check in with us please! The Contest host is worried about you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1