Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Don't Cry for Me, Sirocco

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, tealeaves said:

But if Colin wants to quit, that's on him.  He's made it obvious he doesn't want to be here.

But if Sandy(or June) tells him that quitting won’t save June, it might change his decision and he might just stick it out for the remains of the season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Travis is a drunk asshole.

I feel for Ana, been ther done that when I was stupid and 16 and the drunk boyriend knocked me down and drug me down the street by my hair, none of the neighbors would come to my rescue even though numerous porch lights came on.

Thank goodness my friends boyfriend told him if he didn't leave me alone and if he ever tried to hurt me again he would break his bones or worse. He was scared shitless and never had further contact with me!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Haha, after Jwow had to jump Jack's dumb ass for not cleaning the rails adequately, the guest puked all over it and then he had to clean that up.  Good timing, Ms Karma.

If June's mind goes to a monetary quarter when it's a quarter past the hour, I wonder if her mind goes to a half dollar when it's half past the hour? 🤔

Naw, that would be" fitty"as in fifty cent piece, two quarters.

Quarter till would compleaty blow her mind!

Edited by mbaywife123
Further response
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

acknowledging that “a quarter passed” could easily be

Thing is it isn't "a quarter passed," it's a "quarter past" meaning 1/4 of a 60 minute hour.  The context in which it's said means it literally cannot mean 25 minutes. It's almost more of a word problem than a math problem.

Y'all I gave up Sling TV figuring this show wasn't worth $20 a month!! But dang I'd of liked to see this 🙂

Edited by Jlina
  • Love 13

'Love 💕 Tap’ !  Truly, "IS  this the world we live in”*  that a drunken slap is considered such? Drunkazz - POS. Jack has never been cute/adorable to me. Both he and AEshA  can get the blank out with their 'everyone is taking THiS too seriously Travis slapping Anastasia’. Disgusting.

Captain Sandy once again praising a kizz-azz who suddenly decides to finally perform a modicum of his expected duties. Really, she is The Lamest ...

*(from The RealHousewives)

• Love 15

Excuse me, June?  You got several very handsome tips for virtually doing nothing but laundry and your going to say, “ that’s not fair!”?  She appeared to have a horrible attitude the whole time she’s been there.

• Love 15

June seemed to work hard, she’s nothing like Jack.

When she said she was getting into a groove , I knew she was a goner.

Did Bravo not tell her she could be off the show?  Was she really counting on that money from the full charter?

She’s pretty which is good for TV but not emotional enough for reality shows though she got a little heated to be let go.

Would Bravo recast her instead of someone like Aesha, whose outlandish behavior is better suited to trashy TV?

The girls were two faced though, hugging her, trying to be consoling and then celebrating gleefully about Ana staying and June going.

I guess Ana didn’t want to leave either, again for money or wanting to be on TV.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, scrb said:

June seemed to work hard, she’s nothing like Jack.

She frequently messed up, ignored a burning pan and getting into a grove literally involved her successfully being able to layout decorations that Aesha gathered for her on a lazy susan.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

I follow this thread but I think it's the first time I've commented on an episode.  

I'm appalled that Travis wasn't fired on the spot for slapping Ana.  And I was seething mad at Jack and Aesha for excusing his behavior.  Fire Travis, promote Colin to lead deckhand, and put June in Colin's deckhand spot, problem solved.  Having said that, June is really an idiot and her reaction to being made redundant was so over-the-top it was embarrassing.  

I really hope that the end of tonight's episode was editing tomfoolery and that Sandy does let Travis go next episode so that we don't lose either Colin or June.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

I get Jack defending Travis because they are friends and when the both sobered up he told travis he was in the wrong but that dumb ass Aesha saying everyone was making a big deal out of the situation and Joao is such a dickhead for sticking up for someone who got smacked out of no where why dont you see how Anastasia is doing see how she feels is in the wrong. 

4 hours ago, spunky said:

I’m officially over Aesha. She thinks it’s okay that Travis slapped Anastasia, and is mad at Joao because he was ready to beat the snot out of Travis because it was a “joke”. 

I’ve fangirled Aesha from the beginning, annoying voice and all, and she lost me here. You lay hands on coworkers and you get fired. The end. No defense. 

• Love 20
5 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

These "guests" were so faux and vapid. As most of them are getting to be! (Shitty casting and story lines now for this show).

Arguing over dinner about someone or his "date" not bringing anything to a byob party and taking away a fifty dollar bottle upon leaving. "How dreadful" (TM Dwight from RHOA).

He wasn't talking about someone or his date not bringing wine. He was talking about Martha Reeves from Martha Reeves and the Vandellas walking off with his $50 bottle of wine. Fifty dollars isn't that much, but damn Martha Reeves. I know Berry Gordy was a cheap shit who didn't pay his artists anything, but walking out with someone else's byob wine...girl. However, that story is worth a $50 bottle of wine.

During the retelling of the $50 bottle of wine story, I know there was at least one editor who wanted to cut to Hannah and Conrad arguing over 50 euros for cigarettes, but I'm sure it wasn't a smooth transition so they left it out.

I'm not saying she needs to be slapped Travis hard, but June is fucking delusional and was objectively bad at her job. She won't answer her radio and she stood there watching the galley fill up with smoke. Then she gets incensed when she's let go. Only half of this job is about being good reality tv; the other half is about being competent to run the boat. She's only good reality tv because she can't do the other half of the job. She's a fuckwit.

There are like 3 more charters left in the season Colin. Stay. Given how they film, that's a week and a half. It's not like they're going to let him go. They're going to stick him in a hotel room for a couple of days doing his talking head interviews.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

I understand June’s point despite her being a ditz. I don’t think Anastasia should just be able to pick and choose what she does at will. She knew that she wasn’t going to be able to hack being a chef from the beginning and she should never have accepted the position. And if she couldn’t deal with it as she anticipated than she shouldn’t have just expected her old position to still be open for her. That’s not the way life off a reality show works and she should have gone home.

Edited by BluBrd47
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

To be fair, how would she know if no one tells her?  They were out at a restaurant in town. It’s like saying my boss should know what goes on in my home. 

She should know when one of her deckhands gets knockout drunk everytime he leaves the ship. Travis is always drinking on the boat that is something that a captain  should pick up on. 

• Love 6

Sandy is a shitty manager that said what Travis did is actually an HR nightmare for someone in Sandy’s position because technically it happened on their night off and the person that it happened to doesn’t think he should be fired. That said it should be a dealbreaker for his ultimate employer which is the production company and Bravo. Production and Bravo force these people to spend time together on their nights off Sandy doesn’t.  Also, more and more what people do in their off hours impact their employment so his continued to being employed is wrong.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

This is gonna be an UO, but Colin's proposed action of quitting screams "Captian Save a Ho".  There's maybe 2 weeks left on the charter, so it's a bit insane to give up the money (salary + tips + Bravo $) for a couple of weeks of mama's sauce.  Any fool can see Colin is better on deck than June could be.  And even if the current culture fit isn't great, it is just not that long to worry about.  So he's either doing it for production dramatics or to be the Nice Guy (TM) to have a chance at the girl.  In the best light, it's the second.

That being said, Joao and Hannah both should have gone to Sandy about Travis slapping Ana at the restaurant.  As supervisors, they should report workplace physical assaults.  It was a work dinner, afterall.  Ana's convo with Travis was pretty good, but I think Travis did the same calculation I just did and figured he could hold off binging for the remaining 2 weeks and was not at all sincere. There should have been repercussions on the boat with Travis.  Captain Lee's "do not embarrass the boat" rule should be adopted by Sandy.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

) for a couple of weeks of mama's sauce.  An

Also, his “real food” pissed me the fuck off. Yes on their day off they clearly brought in food but Anastasia was also providing them with real food during chatter. This episode their was awesome breakfast and salmon and sides for staff meal that he even declared delicious. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

I don’t disagree completely. But her watching that pan burn while making orange juice was scary. Having her be in charge of anything  on deck is not the kind of productive this boat needs, imo. 

True. She seems to be the type who can focus on one task at a time, so maybe washing the windows could be her task. 💁🏾‍♀️

6 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Sad that in today's society that the younger generations cannot tell time on an actual clock face (all digiital) read or understand cursive, even signatures in printing (looks like a 6th grader wrote/signed something) or read an actual book from the library (paper pages and binding!) SAD!!! Technology is not all it is cracked up to be. I'm only in my 50's but WTH?

Thank God I grew up in the Caribbean, so I understood exactly what Hannah meant. I do give my fellow millennials the side eye when they say they can’t read cursive or they can’t read a clock face. I really do think June has a processing problem.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, spunky said:

True. She seems to be the type who can focus on one task at a time, so maybe washing the windows could be her task. 💁🏾‍♀️

The deck crew does more than wash windows and we saw the lowest man on the deck crew Colin managed to fuck up bringing in the anchor and he is loads more qualified than June who wouldn’t be able to give any answers to the questions that Sandy routinely asks the deck crew based on her not getting the a quarter past is 15 minutes after not 25 minutes. Could you imagine her trying to estimate meters!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Poor girl IS slow and I’m saying that non maliciously. Which makes me okay with her cause she’s not being belligerent, or mean spirited she’s just a very guarded person. It was really sad to she her assess the situation. She checked to see if the vent was open and went about her way. That’s a person who isn’t confident enough in herself to take control of a situation. She figured that’s what the chef wanted and wasn’t comfortable asserting her own instincts, which were right, and pulling the pan away. Sad to say that’s a very very young mentality but as troublesome as that may be it isn’t deliberate. So there’s that. 

Oh and the “quarter passed” situation... I was one of those people who took a little long to learn to tell time and well let’s just say I too had a bit of a problem with quarter passed. To me quarter meant 25.. it really isn’t that outrageous... I think it’s a bad trend in life to automatically make someone feel bad about these type of things. If u stop and think about it it really isn’t that much of a stretch to understand the confusion. People just like harping on embarrassing moments more instead of acknowledging that “a quarter passed” could easily be misunderstood as 25 minutes.. no one is thinking about mathematically equations when asking for the time and one hour is 60 minutes.. not a clean mathematical number, broken up into quarters is 15.. who the fuck deals with 60 as the whole and then quartering it?? It is a random math equation if u think about it.. just saying... 

People June's age didn't grow up with analog clocks and watches. They weren't taught to say quarter past the hour or half past the hour. They know 6:15 and 6:30 by looking at a digital clock. Sort of a lost skill. Your math lesson makes since to me because I grew up years ago and this was the way telling time was taught. So I wouldn't think this is the worst mistake that June could make. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Jlina said:

The context in which it's said means it literally cannot mean 25 minutes. It's almost more of a word problem than a math problem.

However, there is this thing where the hour is divided into 100 units (a plant where I worked as a nurse used this) and times would be written as 10:25 (meaning 10:15am) or 13:50 (meaning 1:30pm).  I can't remember why this was used, but it was.  I agree June is lacking for whatever reason, but perhaps this is where her confusion lies?

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

He wasn't talking about someone or his date not bringing wine. He was talking about Martha Reeves from Martha Reeves and the Vandellas walking off with his $50 bottle of wine. Fifty dollars isn't that much, but damn Martha Reeves. I know Berry Gordy was a cheap shit who didn't pay his artists anything, but walking out with someone else's byob wine...girl. However, that story is worth a $50 bottle of wine.

That is really an awesome story and if it were mine, I'd be dining out on it for years!  I don't know why his friends were arguing with him about it, TBH. 

That was one exhausting dinner conversation vibe.  They didn't even stop talking over each other when Hannah or Sandy were trying to talk to them.  Drunk, I suppose.

When Anastasia got all "I'm going to do something" about Travis, I was sure she was going to report it to Sandy.  Then when she was summing up in her conversation to Travis ("there are never any consequences to your actions"), I was SURE she was going to say, "And of course you know that I have to report this to the Captain."  But no. 

Edited by Special K
Because the subjunctive is my friend.
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

People June's age didn't grow up with analog clocks and watches. They weren't taught to say quarter past the hour or half past the hour. They know 6:15 and 6:30 by looking at a digital clock. Sort of a lost skill. Your math lesson makes since to me because I grew up years ago and this was the way telling time was taught. So I wouldn't think this is the worst mistake that June could make. 

Do they really not teach kids to tell time using a clock face anymore? I remember learning that as part of school in like maybe 1st grade.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I’m just a year older than Colin and I know these things. Then again I grew up in a different country,  it’s not a new concept for me. June just seems slow on all counts. Poor thing.

15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The deck crew does more than wash windows and we saw the lowest man on the deck crew Colin managed to fuck up bringing in the anchor and he is loads more qualified than June who wouldn’t be able to give any answers to the questions that Sandy routinely asks the deck crew based on her not getting the a quarter past is 15 minutes after not 25 minutes. Could you imagine her trying to estimate meters!

I said that could be her task since she can’t process more than one thing at a time. Joao and Colin do all the work anyway, so it really wouldn’t make a difference.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

She stated she knew what it meant when it was posted out to her and the quarter thing wasn’t about time  she said whenever someone says a quarter she replies 25 cents she she is just a dumbass who somehow thinks it’s funny. Also, the main clock in the galley that they use for timing service because none of them are wearing watches is an analog which is typical on boats for a variety of reasons. 

22 minutes ago, spunky said:

more than one thing at a time. Joao and Colin do all the work anyway, so it really wouldn’t make a difference.

The deck crew is the ones who have to really react in an emergency and she can’t do that so it could literally make all the difference.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Special K said:

Do they really not teach kids to tell time using a clock face anymore? I remember learning that as part of school in like maybe 1st grade.

They still do in New York lol. My kids range from 9-15, they all learned with a clock face, at home and in school.

That said, my dad is in his 70s and has always had a mental block when it came to referencing time by quarters. If i said we were meeting at, say, a quarter to 1:00, he always clarifies out loud “12:45”. To be fair, he has never thought the quarter in time meant 25. That might just be a June ~specialty. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She stated she knew what it meant when it was posted ointed out to her and the quarter thing wasn’t about time  she said whenever someone says a quarter she replies 25 cents

She said she did that so she could remember/clarify what was meant.  So she really didn't learn how to read an analog clock OR fractions in elementary school (or anytime since).

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Special K said:

She said she did that so she could remember/clarify what was meant.  So she really didn't learn how to read an analog clock OR fractions in elementary school (or anytime since).

For a quarter she said it literally had nothing to do with time. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Special K said:

We do.  I started substitute teaching this year, in 4 different districts. Every district at one point, had a section on teaching time for kinder and 1st grade.  But not after that. 

I strive to be a kind person....I so would have started messing with June by using military time.

As a whole, we seem to be more aghast at June telling time and June ignoring the smoke, rather than Travis slapping a co worker hard enough for me to hear on camera.  Regardless that he was drunk, what his intent was, whether the crew likes him.

Since it's tv, I'm inclined to believe Capt. Sandy knows, but. Has to have Bravo's permission to fire.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

At the risk of wildly going off toipc, if someone in their 20s doesn't know that a quarter of an hour is 15 minutes due to "digital technology" then this whole world is fucked more than I thought.  At the very least, they should have grown up watching TV and understood that Barney? Power Rangers? Thomas The Tank? or whatever the fuck was a half an hour in their childhood. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

Anastasia kept complaining about the guests; "I can't wait for them to be gone!"

I thought they were pretty darn nice-- a bit boisterous, and they expected top quality food and asked for it to be redone when it wasn't. They were completely polite. So she's way off-base.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Anastasia kept complaining about the guests; "I can't wait for them to be gone!"

I thought they were pretty darn nice-- a bit boisterous, and they expected top quality food and asked for it to be redone when it wasn't. They were completely polite. So she's way off-base.

Didn't they also break maritime rules by jetskiing too close to other boats/swimmers and the shore?  They were also the only group drunk enough to puke on deck.  I think maybe they were more trouble than we saw.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

So did Joao

well he had cause-- when they disregarded the (rather vague) instructions about the jet skis. I mean, I'd need to be given an example of what 500 meters is, and we didn't hear them being told not to go near boats as well as the shore (though it should kind of be obvious). 500 m is quite a long distance, and not one that is known intuitively by most Americans.

• Love 6

well he had cause-- when they disregarded the (rather vague) instructions about the jet skis. I mean, I'd need to be given an example of what 500 meters is, and we didn't hear them being told not to go near boats as well as the shore (though it should kind of be obvious). 500 m is quite a long distance, and not one that is known intuitively by most Americans.

One also complained that he didn’t like key lime pie even though she offered two different desserts which yes isn’t as serious but also annoying if there were other options. Sandy was the only one who actually seemed to care about the getting too close to the boat. Joao actually said it more than Anastasia and brought it apropos of nothing to Colin so maybe they were more difficult than we saw. 

Also, why 500 meters maybe difficult for some people to understand he got a hell of a lot closer to the boat than any person should think was okay.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

But if Sandy(or June) tells him that quitting won’t save June, it might change his decision and he might just stick it out for the remains of the season. 

Or if Sandy points out to him that he would be leaving Joao alone with two useless assholes to run the deck - Joao might lose his mind in that situation.

• Love 3

Anastasia was a special little chef wasn't she?  Yes Sandy she lost her rhythm when you took away her sous chef Travis.  Seriously she needed to get over herself.  Chef 101 is all about timing.  At least 2 charters have complained about cold food.

Whoever said June was upset over the loss camera time was spot on.

Ben walks like he just got off a horse. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

But why try to convince someone to stay - when they don't want too. 

• Love 2

June as deckhand - I can see her now polishing a rail. Water up to he knees,the boat is sinking and she just keeps polishing.Or a guest falls overboard and she doesn't have her radio so she just pulls her invisible curtain and ignores it.

Travis should be fired. As much as Sandy has her nose in everything that's going on I can't believe that she's unaware of his behavior. Capt Lee and Kate would not allow this. And if Hannah wasn't so into him she would have been the first one to make Sandy aware of his actions.

I want Colin to stay but I can totally understand his pov. Having to put up with Jack and Travis  is enough to make anyone want to leave. He's far too sensitive for this crew.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

If Colin leaves and June moves to the deck, that means the deck crew is:

Jwow, seems to be trying to do his job but is an angry drunk with a soupçon of misogyny 

Travis, tries to do his job but is likely an alcoholic or at least a nasty drunk

Jack, possibly the laziest man ever to appear on this franchise and who is barely in control of his libido 

June, who is some kind of combination of stupid and high and doesn’t choose to properly use or monitor her radio

If that combo happens, the ship will end up on fire or sinking. Maybe both.  

• Love 14
8 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Sad that in today's society that the younger generations cannot tell time on an actual clock face (all digiital) read or understand cursive, even signatures in printing (looks like a 6th grader wrote/signed something) or read an actual book from the library (paper pages and binding!) SAD!!! Technology is not all it is cracked up to be. I'm only in my 50's but WTH?

My kids learned this in elementary school and they are now 12 and 14, they absolutely know what a quarter past an hour is.  They’ve also read library books.  I am sad about the lack of cursive.  June is not terribly smart, that isn’t a reflection on today’s education.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, VAMom said:

June is not terribly smart, that isn’t a reflection on today’s education.

amen. I am so over "this generation" stuff. I know it seems to happen to every generation, but it's ridiculous.

• Love 17

And even if the current culture fit isn't great, it is just not that long to worry about.  So he's either doing it for production dramatics or to be the Nice Guy (TM) to have a chance at the girl.  In the best light, it's the second.

No one seems to be faulting Anastasia for not being able to stick it out as chef for the last few charters so why should Colin be expected to? His mental state indicates depression and anxiety, just like Anastasia is expressing the anxiety she is feeling. If Sandy can praise Anastasia for being honest and allow her to step down, she should do the same for Colin and allow him to leave. Yes, the crew will be sad to see him go and all of us will too, but his mental health should be the first and foremost concern.

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I think they had a criticism for everything she served them where before it was just like " could you cook my steak a little more?"  Anastasia felt the pressure of constantly being judged.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Sad that in today's society that the younger generations cannot tell time on an actual clock face (all digiital) 

Back in the late 70's, my little sister was struggling with telling time.  She informed mom:

"I don't have to learn this!  I'll just get a digital!"  Mom and the school disagreed 🙂 

7 hours ago, langford peel said:

Colin described why he has enough of their bullshit. He is the Captain of his own boat and wants to settle down. Not deal with alcoholics and slackers. I understand where he is coming from.

Ferry Captain looks like a nice gig, just a little boring.  Regular hours, nice big bed in a house, etc.

1 hour ago, spunky said:

Thank God I grew up in the Caribbean, so I understood exactly what Hannah meant. 

Here in the Northeast, it's usually said "quarter after", and "quarter til or quarter of", but "quarter past" would totally be understood.

1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:

However, there is this thing where the hour is divided into 100 units (a plant where I worked as a nurse used this) and times would be written as 10:25 (meaning 10:15am) or 13:50 (meaning 1:30pm).  I can't remember why this was used, but it was.  I agree June is lacking for whatever reason, but perhaps this is where her confusion lies?

I once worked at a place with a 24 hour analog clock on the wall.  It took some getting used to.  The 12 was where the 6 should be 🙂 

7 minutes ago, VAMom said:

My kids learned this in elementary school and they are now 12 and 14, they absolutely know what a quarter past an hour is.  They’ve also read library books.  I am sad about the lack of cursive.  June is not terribly smart, that isn’t a reflection on today’s education.

I got an "F" in penmanship in 6th grade and have printed everything ever since 7th grade.

Travis is a piece of shit.  If you want to wake somebody up in a situation like that, a little nudge or shake to the shoulder should do the job.

• Love 2

Can you say June June, Joao ?? June,June,Joao?

Colin made the oh so gallant offer because he hated being on the boat. Almost from day one he was questioning why he was there. The yachtie life was not for him and he knew it. The Bravolebrity part? Thats another story.

• Love 8