Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Don't Cry for Me, Sirocco

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

don't think that Colin left but if June did leave why would she appear on this show with Sandy after being fired?

Why not? It wasn’t like she was fired for misconduct.

Edited by biakbiak

She was still fired by Sandy. People who are laid off, fired or let go usually usually do not hang out with the one who fired them. Maybe some do but I wouldn't feel too warm and fuzzy about this person. Maybe they gave her a big pay day when she left and she changed her mind about being hurt. Don't know. 

1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

She was still fired by Sandy. People who are laid off, fired or let go usually usually do not hang out with the one who fired them. Maybe some do but I wouldn't feel too warm and fuzzy about this person. Maybe they gave her a big pay day when she left and she changed her mind about being hurt. Don't know. 

This was always going to be a job that lasted a few weeks, not holding a grudge could perhaps open her up for another shot next season (though I hope to Hell it doesn’t). She was also just in the audience and didn’t get much time to say anything.

• Love 1

June must have been paid based on her TV contract. The only thing she lost out on was the tips. Which is nothing to sneeze at.

I can understand her appearance on WWHL because some people want to hold on to whatever shred of celebrity they have.

3 minutes ago, langford peel said:

June must have been paid based on her TV contract. The only thing she lost out on was the tips. Which is nothing to sneeze at.

Tv contracts vary and can be written to only pay out for episodes you appear in which is probably how this show is structured given all of the different factors involved.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, langford peel said:

I think they should have refused to pay Jack based on the fact that he did no work. There must be something in the contract that says toe sucking and drinking beer are not enough to justify your pay check.

But he is working because his job is to be on the tv show and they seem to think his crappy work ethic and dry humping with his coworker are riveting tv. 

• Love 4

I can understand her appearance on WWHL because some people want to hold on to whatever shred of celebrity they have.

I think that's most likely, although I also wonder if the cast has to agree to a certain amount of appearances on WWHL since they're both Bravo shows.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The whole Anastasia promotion to Chef, then Ben comes in...seems like a scripted effort.  They couldn't get him, possibly for a few weeks, so they concocted this story line.

Anastasia's food might have even been warm, but the guests were told to say it was cold.

Producer shenanigans!

As to Collin falling on his sword, I can see his point of leaving to get to his ferry job and away from these drunkards, but maybe that is all scripted too. 😕

The only thing that is legit is Capt. Sandy is a dolt.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
On 8/24/2019 at 7:19 PM, MajorNelson said:

The whole Anastasia promotion to Chef, then Ben comes in...seems like a scripted effort.  They couldn't get him, possibly for a few weeks, so they concocted this story line.

Anastasia's food might have even been warm, but the guests were told to say it was cold.

Producer shenanigans!

As to Collin falling on his sword, I can see his point of leaving to get to his ferry job and away from these drunkards, but maybe that is all scripted too. 😕

The only thing that is legit is Capt. Sandy is a dolt.

my sentiments exactly! This season is dripping in producer shenanigans.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I don’t know if Colin will fall on his sword but I hope Travis gets hoisted on his own petard.

Well you might just get your wish...Wasn't it Travis who was waxing prosaic about how to tuck his dick and balls behind his legs? Maybe he can get hoisted on his own dick petard...he's the sort that ought to be able to fuck himself in his own ass, literally, so why not figuratively?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I just rewatched the June in the galley making oj while watching the pan on the stove smoking.  If she was unsure if Ana wanted the pan to be removed from the burner before the ship caught fire, June could have used the radio ask Ana.  However, she probably would have had her radio off as she was paging Ana. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 8/23/2019 at 11:51 AM, 65mickey said:

Colin, Sandy and June were on Watch What Happens LIve together in July. There didn't seem to be any ill will at all. I don't think that Colin left but if June did leave why would she appear on this show with Sandy after being fired?

I think June was encouraged to act more outraged, or at least act annoyed. Her position was declared redundant, and she moved on. As we've seen, this is the 'norm' with yachting. Yachties come and go, occasionally during the same charter season, and no one bats an eye as this is just the way it is.June understands this so would have no hard feelings towards Captain Sandy.

On 8/20/2019 at 1:28 PM, biakbiak said:

Given how June has not taken responsibility for a bunch of stuff and been flaky and does not pay attention to basic shit it wouldn’t surprise me if in fact they did tell her it would be an extremely temporary gig.

I think this image of June was entirely thanks to editing. I say this because she was an 'experienced yachty' and for someone who Hannah considered stunned, she certainly left her alone to do her duties. She didn't struggle with her tasks as so many 3rd stews do. So the focus for June became her refusal to take the radio serious, and her awkward interactions with others. She sure is easy on the eyes though. I would like to see her on the show again, simply because I don't have a clue what her backstory it. Although, I am thinking she initially came in to work, rather than act because she does not like to share her backstory, nor does she like to interact with the crew if the topics make her feel more vulnerable or exposed.

• Love 2
On 8/20/2019 at 7:48 AM, missyb said:

Colin made the oh so gallant offer because he hated being on the boat. Almost from day one he was questioning why he was there. The yachtie life was not for him and he knew it. The Bravolebrity part? Thats another story.

I enjoy Colin's contributions to the show. I hope he is really as fair-minded, kind and loyal as he appears on the show. I don't think Colin would hate this season if he just had the same mix of people as were on his last season. As much as I think Aesha is lovely and fun, there's no way I could work 24/7 alongside her, Jack, Travis. They are just too over the top, and it becomes grating after awhile. Although Jack is beginning to work more, he's still wasted 50% of the season which saw the others get screwed over with their tips (because he didn't deserve a tip) and his laziness only made more work for the others on deck, which pushes more exhaustion upon them and results in a negative, bi**hy atmosphere. I feel bad for Colin. What a change in seasons.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think this image of June was entirely thanks to editing. I say this because she was an 'experienced yachty' and for someone who Hannah considered stunned, she certainly left her alone to do her duties. She didn't struggle with her tasks as so many 3rd stews do. So the focus for June became her refusal to take the radio serious, and her awkward interactions with others. She sure is easy on the eyes though. I would like to see her on the show again, simply because I don't have a clue what her backstory it. Although, I am thinking she initially came in to work, rather than act because she does not like to share her backstory, nor does she like to interact with the crew if the topics make her feel more vulnerable or exposed.

Thanks for this nutshell description of June's participation this season cause you pretty much nailed it in that one sentence. Even editing didn't really give us all that many shots of her being completely "useless" but combined with the narrative from the others and just like that June is <insert judgmental label here>.

Hannah's snarky TH's, eyerolls, Stasia's face palm attitude when it came to June, and the editing crew piecing together WTF montage's about the radio and the pan on the burner and viola. That's reality TV for ya. 

Binging on season 4. When Ana got to how she had an abusive boyfriend,  I thought, "My god, did casting get characters from a Lifetime movie? Like every person this season has some kind of tragic backstory!"

June looks like a deadringer for Beck on You, who was also similarly useless, and I don't feel bad she's out the door.

Am I right that she's dating Conrad? That explains why she didn't ever say who her boyfriend was, for fear of Hannah turning into even more of a bitch towards her.

Edited by methodwriter85

Sandy’s advice To Travis to “ just try going without alcohol for 30 days” was not only ingenuous but potentially life threatening. If she’s in Recovery she should  know that anyone who has been drinking as long and hard as Travis needs a medically supervised detox. He will be more than “ uncomfortable” trying to do it on his own, he is in danger of death. I do hope seeing himself on TV will give him the “come to Jesus” moment it gave Jao and he gets help because I am fond of Travis and hate to see his life going down the tubes.

7 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

This was pure speculation, IIRC.

Based on literally nothing just her being weird when taking about her relationship when she first appeared there’s no indication the two have ever met much less dating and her pregnant with his child which was the original rumor started on Reddit.