Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Skunk In The Barnyard

• Start Topic

Heather is such a classic alpha female.  She only will become friends with women who will happily play the beta role and worship her - e.g. Tamra, Vicky.  She uses both her money and her intelligence to exhibit power over these women. Of course, these OC chicks are broke and dumb so it's not a really hard feat to accomplish.

I think her true problem with Shannon is that Shannon won't defer to her.  For all her cookiness, Shannon has an old money air about her and is not easily impressed by the weapons in Heather's arsenal.  She doesn't worship Heather the same way the others do.

I saw similar shades of this with Alexis and Heather.  Alexis was poor and dumber than Heather, and I think Heather couldn't figure out why Alexis wouldn't accept her place on account of those facts.  So Alexis became the "materialistic" wench Heather overheard bragging about clothes in Nordstrom and Heather could dismiss her.

I would love to see Heather go head to head with some of the ladies on RHOBH. I can't stand Lisa (for similar reasons), but she would really give Heather a run for her money.

• Love 5

Yes, it was sad David asked her is she ok to drive----but, it was a good question.  She always looks so spooked and shocked to be out in public.  i wonder what her daily medications are?

I didn't think that David asked her if she was ok to drive because of drinking; rather, because she was obviously upset and crying.

Thanks for posting that! I totally forgot she did those vlogs.

Can someone sum up what she said; I can't see the videos at work :(

• Love 4

Terry needs a hobby that doesn't include being a yenta.   Jesus, go watch some football.

LMFAO!  Yes, he is the worst. 

I think her true problem with Shannon is that Shannon won't defer to her.

I think this is true.  Did Heather get along with Lydia last season?  I believe they had some tension, probably due to the same reason.  

• Love 2

I really like Shannon.  I remember when she was talking about a light fixture that she got at the bargain price of $100.000, she was being authentic in that she was happy about what a good deal she got, not that she was trying to brag about how rich she was.  If Nene from Atlanta, Sonya from NY, Teresa from Jersey, or Heather from the OC were talking about the same thing...it would be with a smug voice self satisfied voice that lets us little people know how much money they have to throw around.

That being said I think Shannon's very privileged back ground ill prepared her for living in the real world.  I think even though her husband came from a well off, if slightly blue collar background (nothing wrong with being blue collar) that her family was much more wealthy and she is slightly insecure that he married her for her money.  This is pure speculation on my part as I really do not know much about their history.  I do feel that Shannon is insecure about David's love and probably needs to be treated with gentle touch at all times...something that would eventually get exhausting for a man.  Her nagging is frustration boiling over and like many dysfunctional couples they have no idea how to communicate in a healthy way.

In contrast Heather and to some extent Lizzie have a lot of bite to them.  Lizzie is from the supposedly very mean girl world of pageant and both have experience in the cut throat atmosphere of Hollywood.  Even though Heather has had some modest success, both have that chip on their shoulder of actresses and actors whose careers have disappointed them and there are many since so few really "make it" in that field.

It looks like LeTip of Coto de Caza is on life support.  Only a handful of members (no more Vicki), and their last event appears to have been Halloween 2008.  It can be added to Vicki's list of grand ideas that didn't pan out:  Vicki Lynn Jeans, yacht-based insurance seminars, Coto University, Wine by Wives, Vicki's Vodka.  Even her book was turned down by legitimate publishers and she had to self-publish.  In a few months, Diamonds by Vicki and Woo Hoo Productions, NY will quietly disappear as well.  Girl should stick to insurance.

http://www.letipofcotodecaza.com/members/index.php

http://www.vickigunvalson.com/#!woo-hoo-productions/c1c0i

The Beador’s Newport Beach home was purchased in 2011 for $2.35 million

The Beador’s house was listed as “Bonita Canyon’s Largest Home“

Really? Just $2.35 million? Wonder if that is just for the land? That sounds awfully reasonable, in fact practically a steal, for their location and the size of the house and lot. 

Tamra has no s/l this season outside of a continuation of that hackneyed shit Gretchen and Slade were trying to sell. Not that I miss them or anything but at least both of them pretended to want a child. Eddie ain't here for that bullshit! So what is the point exactly? Especially seeing as how there will need to be some serious special hoops to jump through and incredible expense for them to have a baby via surrogate. On the one hand I really want them to stop insulting my intelligence, on the other, it makes it all the easier for me to FF past their scenes with extreme prejudice. 

(edited)

Was Eddie trying to nurse that baby?  That might trump the Vicki/Brooks rubdown as far as I'm concerned. 

Tamra is the worst person ever.  The fact that she's menopausal and walking around with that fake baby is just plain embarrassing.  And she made it such a competition.  If Eddie wasn't with her for the money or the show, he's soon going to learn what a moron she is and walk.  If he's smart, that is.

I felt bad for Vicki when she was alone in her house opening the award they sent her.  Now that Briana is gone and Michael is off doing whatever he does with his miserable little self, she seems quite lonely.  It's actually sad. 

I like Shannon.  She comes off as genuine, warts and all.  It's very upsetting to see her marriage issues on screen, especially since they have small children.  I think she and David are at the point now where they continue to bring out the absolute worst in each other.

Heather seems to be slowly become the center orange, and that ain't good.  I am so over her, and Terri is becoming Slade 2.0.  Yeah, congratulations on that, you big weenie. 

Edited by misschung
  • Love 3

Damn, Brianna could've just gotten an Astro instead of actually procreating. That side-by-side comparison shot was hilarious.

In with Brooks, out with Brianna and the ragey prick. About time.

I loved Shannon showing up at Heather Dubrow's, if only because it was something different than the usual meeting up at a cafe or restaurant to hash out the bullshit.

BUT, it's kind of hard to sob about your children being hurt by negative info about their parents as you stand in front of a camera crew being filmed  while you talk about your marital problems.

Yeah, but I kind of get Shannon's point, because while her conversation with Tamra was filmed, it wouldn't actually air until months later, giving plenty of time for the issue to be resolved and/or for her to prepare her kids on what they may see or hear. Heather publically running her mouth to others outside of the show happened in real time, so to speak. However, Shannon should have never confided in Tamra in the first place because, well, it's fucking Tamra.

Terry makes RHoA's Peter look camera shy. He should just give himself some implants, put on a wig, and be done with it.

• Love 3

Why do all of Lizzie's talking head interview segments appear to be filmed in front of a green screen? It distracts me to no end!

This distracts me too. My theory is that it since it was reportedly decided that Lizzie would become a housewife last-minute (vs. whether Danille would, or whether they both would), it was easier to have Lizzie come into a studio to film her TH's rather than schlep a crew down to her home and set up a shoot there. Again, just a theory.

• Love 1

I was just saying in the episode thread for RHoNYC that I find I have a hard time picking one Housewife (in any city) to like, and sticking with her through every episode, every conflict, every outrageous situation, etc.  With each lady (on any of the Housewives shows) I go back and forth between liking her and disliking her, and then liking her and disliking her again.  

I used to like Tamra, but that has changed.  I used to like Heather much more, but that is changing (especially after this most recent episode, when I wanted her to just spit it out that Tamra blabbed everything, instead of making the whole thing about herself supposedly being attacked by Shannon).  I probably shouldn't like Shannon at all because she seems to be out of touch with reality and in denial about everything, not to mention the fact that she is overly critical and nitpicky, but for some reason I think she might be a decent person deep down (a sad person, but still decent) and I want her to take the blinders off and start a new life.  I haven't made up my mind about Lizzie yet -- right now she is not bad, but I have a feeling that will change very soon.  I may have even liked Vicki once, many years ago, but she is now in that Sonja Morgan/Ramona Singer "walking parody" category that is hard to root for.

I would love to see which ladies actually spend time with each other and actually have genuine friendships when the cameras are not rolling, and which ones truly don't get along off-camera.  I just feel like I can't believe much of what I see from the situations that air onscreen because they are so set-up and instigated.

• Love 1

Yeah, but I kind of get Shannon's point, because while her conversation with Tamra was filmed, it wouldn't actually air until months later, giving plenty of time for the issue to be resolved and/or for her to prepare her kids on what they may see or hear. Heather publically running her mouth to others outside of the show happened in real time, so to speak. However, Shannon should have never confided in Tamra in the first place because, well, it's fucking Tamra.

The problem with Shannon is that she tells everyone about her issues with her husband. She might have just shared the deal about the text with Tamra, but she has not been quiet about the issues in her marriage.  She told all the gals the first time they got together at Tamra's Halloween Party that she resented the fact that he didn't want to spend time with her or plan anything.  She had literally just met these people and she was dumping the dregs of her marriage all over the room.  It would certainly not be shocking to imagine she had told her close friends the same thing. 

With regard to the kids, they live in that house too.  They see the way she treats him (maybe he treats her just as bad) and would have to be blind and dumb to not know that their parents had issues.  Add in the fact that Shannon admitted they don't share a bedroom, and no, the kids didn't have to wait for Shannon to prepare them for what would be shown on TV and talked about by their friends at school. Forget anything that she might have confided to Tamra - could anything be worse than watching your parents in a hotel room and hear your mom say "I wish I were drunker" as she gulps vodka straight from the bottle before allowing her husband to touch her?  The kids have already been all looped in to what is going on in that mansion. 

• Love 5

IDK but the last time Vicki got an award on camera, it was hilarious.

tumblr_lyzzo7C8xg1ql5yr7o2_r2_250.giftumblr_lyzzo7C8xg1ql5yr7o1_r1_250.gif

Wasn't this in Vicki's own backyard?  What never stops amusing me is that the award was from a group (that Vicki helped found) called Le Tip.  And then Vicki Le Tipped Over!  Hahaha.  I'll go laugh by myself.

• Love 2

Really? Just $2.35 million? Wonder if that is just for the land? That sounds awfully reasonable, in fact practically a steal, for their location and the size of the house and lot. 

Tamra has no s/l this season outside of a continuation of that hackneyed shit Gretchen and Slade were trying to sell. Not that I miss them or anything but at least both of them pretended to want a child. Eddie ain't here for that bullshit! So what is the point exactly? Especially seeing as how there will need to be some serious special hoops to jump through and incredible expense for them to have a baby via surrogate. On the one hand I really want them to stop insulting my intelligence, on the other, it makes it all the easier for me to FF past their scenes with extreme prejudice. 

I think that very well might have been just for the land, as I recall Shannon mentioning she and David, too, had had a groundbreaking ceremony when they started to build their home.  Unless she was referring to a previous house.  I also seem to remember Shannon making references to designing the house, like the hidden tea room.

Guess she fucked up when she forgot to include a motor court (or "motorcade" as Heather so intelligently referred to it).  

(edited)

Wasn't this in Vicki's own backyard?  What never stops amusing me is that the award was from a group (that Vicki helped found) called Le Tip.  And then Vicki Le Tipped Over!  Hahaha.  I'll go laugh by myself.

Oh, lord, this will never NOT reduce me to s****** giggles.

And to add insult to injury, if I recall correctly, that cheap plastic trophy that Vicki had awarded herself broke upon impact, too.  I guess she probably had to buy herself another one after she LeTip(ped) over!  

Damn, good housewife times for sure!  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

It looks like LeTip of Coto de Caza is on life support.  Only a handful of members (no more Vicki), and their last event appears to have been Halloween 2008.  It can be added to Vicki's list of grand ideas that didn't pan out:  Vicki Lynn Jeans, yacht-based insurance seminars, Coto University, Wine by Wives, Vicki's Vodka.  Even her book was turned down by legitimate publishers and she had to self-publish.  In a few months, Diamonds by Vicki and Woo Hoo Productions, NY will quietly disappear as well.  Girl should stick to insurance.

http://www.letipofcotodecaza.com/members/index.php

http://www.vickigunvalson.com/#!woo-hoo-productions/c1c0i

And don't forget this stinker of an endorsement from someone who gets eyelash extensions!

• Love 1
But nothing shall ever, ever, EVER top this golden awards moment of Vicki in all of her glory.  For this clip alone, I shall always had a lady hard-on for her ridiculousness.

What's better - Vicky receiving an award in front of a crowd of people and completely biting it? Orrrr Vicky receiving an award in the mail that she likely sent herself and choking on a protein shake? You just can't go wrong with Vicky and her shennanigans!

I love his approach that if he just sits very still, nobody will notice he's there in the hopes there might be more drama.

LOL! That is exactly what he does! It's like Where's Waldo with Terry, whenever some shit is going down. I expect he's the kind that would hold his breath and listen to phone conversations on the extensions. You know, in the days of landlines. 

• Love 4

Okay, on no ones side on this one. First off, place the blame on Tamra, since she's so quick to tell Heather your business, then LIE about it. Secondly, Heather didn't say you have a drinking problem, she said Tamra said that. Does Shannon not comprehend anything? Shannon is quickly vying for Most Annoying HW on the OC since... Lauri. Get over yourself.

I think Shannon makes a good addition to the franchise; she's kooky enough, actually has money (unlike LOTS of the women across all HWs) and isn't afraid to sit in someone's driveway, guzzle Grey Goose mixed with Crystal Light and then barge in on a Saturday night and be all "I heard you were talking about me behind my back at a restaurant called Figs n Metamucil with that 1986 throwback ho, Tamra".   

I think she's a keeper! Her lifestyle is the embodiment of what a rich OC housewife is. I think she's struggling in her life right now. Maybe having a mid life crisis like a lot of women go through. I don't feel like she's trying to sell me a product or faking her issues for a storyline. That's refreshing.

Heather is such a classic alpha female.  She only will become friends with women who will happily play the beta role and worship her - e.g. Tamra, Vicky.  She uses both her money and her intelligence to exhibit power over these women. Of course, these OC chicks are broke and dumb so it's not a really hard feat to accomplish.

I think her true problem with Shannon is that Shannon won't defer to her.  For all her cookiness, Shannon has an old money air about her and is not easily impressed by the weapons in Heather's arsenal.  She doesn't worship Heather the same way the others do.

+1000000

I also clicked on Heather's Twitter page someone linked. People are going in on her. Too bad Bravo won't allow comments on cast blogs anymore. The facade of sophistication and champs has slipped off Heather DuBrow this season.

I do remember when Heather first met Lizzie, she was kind of looking down on her due to her looks and big breasts.  I could see Heather thinking she'd found herself another Alexis to pick on, but after talking with her, realized that she was no push over.  Hence, why i think  Heather has been buddying up with Lizzie cause she knows deep down that Lizzie would wipe the floor with her.

I think Heather's problem with Shannon is that she also thought she could control her, but even though Shannon's marriage is in trouble, she comes from old money, seems sweet if eccentric, plus Vicki and Tamra haven't taken to her.  I even think Lydia would have taken to her as well, could you have imagined Lydia's fairy dust throwing mother Judy along with Shannon?  That would have been a hoot.

• Love 3

I think it is just as possible to dislike Shannon based on her terrible personality as it is to dislike Heather based on the same reason.

Heather: snotty, manipulative, defensive, and a bully.

Shannon: spoiled, self-centered, lazy, passive aggressive, and manipulative.

The thing they have in common is why they hate each other. They both strike me as extremely manipulative people who are used to getting people to bend to their whims. Neither is willing to do so for the other (they're both way too alpha for that) so they hate each other. I'm cool with it because I hate them both too and kind of enjoy watching them go all Mutually Assured Destruction on each other.

Heather?  Despicable.  I have lost all respect or interest in her.  Horrible liar. I really hope she gets ripped into at the reunion - cut to footage that catches her in lies.

Lizzie - ??  How can anyone side with Heather after she admitted what she did?  I mean there is no making that look good.

Tamra - complete liar.  Tamra is kind of a scumbag, no?  Oh the bangs look awful on her.  I hope that hairdo was a one-time thing.  These scenes of her and Eddie with the baby were so boring I fast forwarded.

Vicki and Brooks - eh whatever.  I don't love them but they don't really bug me either.  I like seeing Vicki on vacation.  I wish that in her 50's she would stop doing that baby-talk cutesey save-me routine with her man, it's not cute.

Shannon - I feel bad for her.  These chicks really stabbed her in the back and I don't believe they feel bad and would do anything different if given the same chance again.  With that said she really need to get some marriage counseling.. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Why do all of Lizzie's talking head interview segments appear to be filmed in front of a green screen? It distracts me to no end!

I know! Her th's show her what seems to be on the water or her house backs up to a beach of some sort. Then when they pan her house before scenes, no water anywhere. What's up with that?

Edited by njmama
  • Love 1

I know! Her th's show her what seems to be on the water or her house backs up to a beach of some sort. Then when they pan her house before scenes, no water anywhere. What's up with that?

Well they do have that family beach house in Malibu (I think that's where she said) where she did that swimsuit photo shoot with the annoying pageant girl with the amazing body. I assumed that was where they were filming, but it does look awfully fake.

Someone earlier (maybe MatildaMoody??) mentioned that possibly we might see Shannon and Heather team up, both becoming aware of what a horrid bitch Tamra really is. Friend or foe, it doesn't matter. She is still going to treat you like shit. I think that is what is being set-up.

In Heather's blog, she says the following:

"Tamra has told me many personal things over the years. I am a very good secret keeper. Shannon has also told me some very sensitive, personal things since that time and I have NEVER repeated them, not even to Terry. I was told about the email on camera so I assumed it wasn't a topic that was off limits."

I think it is beyond interesting that Shannon would reveal anything to Heather after this incident, unless they come to some sort of an understanding. Also, while Shannon is clear in her blog that she felt poorly treated by Heather, she is just as clear that the person that she holds responsible ultimately is Tamra, and questions how she could ever trust her again.

Someone earlier (maybe MatildaMoody??) mentioned that possibly we might see Shannon and Heather team up, both becoming aware of what a horrid bitch Tamra really is.

Yes, that was me. It's my ultimate fantasy for this show. I remember how Vicki told Tamra that if she went up against Heather, she would lose. Imagine if Tamra tried to go up against Shannon and Heather?

It would be epic. I truly hope that is the direction this is going in.

• Love 1
(edited)

She [shannon] told all the gals the first time they got together at Tamra's Halloween Party that she resented the fact that he didn't want to spend time with her or plan anything.  She had literally just met these people and she was dumping the dregs of her marriage all over the room.

Right, but that was a case of Shannon being in control of what was revealed about her marriage during filming. And, while I'm sure nobody is more aware of the Beadors' marital problems than their kids, that still doesn't give Heather the liberty to spread info - that she didn't hear directly from Shannon - to several people outside of production.

I may have missed an episode, but were the others ever made aware that it was Heather who was responsible for speeding up the mechanical bull which contributed to Tamra's injury?

Given Heather's bitchstance in the intro to her scenes, she might be embracing a "villain" role this season. She probably looks at it as honing her acting chops or some shit.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 2

I think Heather's explanation that she didn't realize the email was a secret is pretty plausible. As others have stated, Shannon tells perfect strangers how much she hates her husband and Tamara told her about the email very casually on camera. Plus I don't remember Tamara telling Heather not to tell anyone. I'm not sure why Shannon would believe Tamara about that after she already lied. Sure it still makes Heather kind of a bitch, but as she told Shannon, Shannon has made it very clear they are not friends so she doesn't really owe her an explanation about why she gossiped off camera about something she was told on camera that she thought was common knowledge about a subject Shannon can't shut up about. In short, don't spend months telling me we're not friends and I'm a crappy person and then get "disappointed" that I didn't act like a better friend. Go deal with your life. I have a real limited tolerance for people who refuse to deal with their lives, but still expect their problems to be the center of everyone's world. Ugg. Shannon pushes a thousand buttons with her. I can't stand her and I think she is an awful person.

• Love 7

"Tamra has told me many personal things over the years. I am a very good secret keeper. Shannon has also told me some very sensitive, personal things since that time and I have NEVER repeated them, not even to Terry.

I find Heather mentioning Terry somewhat interesting...

• Love 1

In Heather's blog, she says the following:

"Tamra has told me many personal things over the years. I am a very good secret keeper. Shannon has also told me some very sensitive, personal things since that time and I have NEVER repeated them, not even to Terry. I was told about the email on camera so I assumed it wasn't a topic that was off limits."

I just can't with this side-stepping bitch.

Okay, let's run with your excuse du jour, Heather.  You were told about the email on camera, thus you ASSumed it was fair game.

That does not explain why you were gossiping about it with NON CAST MEMBERS (your personal friends) during which it was overheard by a cast associate.  It's not like you were discussing it with Vicki or Lizzie.  

You were discussing it with people who are in no way affiliated with the show for your own personal tittilation.  Own it, learn your lesson, and shut the fuck up with the excuses.  

Again, I just can't with this bitch.  This ranks right up there with her 3 different stories about mechanical bull-gate.  

Maybe I'm not a Heather well wisher, but I hope she's crucified at the reunion.  

• Love 13

Regarding the LeTip situation: Wasn't that top meant for a smaller, younger, hotter woman? Again with the Bayonne, NJ 1987 attire.

God bless, Vicki's tacky, mall rat heart. She constantly makes herself look so much worse than she needs to. I think Vicki is cute. Not beautiful or even pretty, but really cute. For all her bitching about being fat, I generally think she has a pretty good body and she looks good for her age. BUT she has no taste! Everything always looks too tight, too cheap, and too young. I thought the best she's looked in months was in that simple sundress and hat with her hair pulled up in Mexico with Brooks.

• Love 1

God bless, Vicki's tacky, mall rat heart. She constantly makes herself look so much worse than she needs to. I think Vicki is cute. Not beautiful or even pretty, but really cute. For all her bitching about being fat, I generally think she has a pretty good body and she looks good for her age. BUT she has no taste! Everything always looks too tight, too cheap, and too young. I thought the best she's looked in months was in that simple sundress and hat with her hair pulled up in Mexico with Brooks.

There was a line in Steel Magnolias by Dolly Parton regarding her shoe size that went something like this:

"I wear a 6, but a 7 feels so good that I buy an 8."

I sometimes think of this line when I see Vicki in her way too tight clothing.

Vicki, if you can squeeze into a size 4 but a 6 feels good, buy an 8.  Please.  

• Love 4

I just can't with this side-stepping bitch.

Okay, let's run with your excuse du jour, Heather.  You were told about the email on camera, thus you ASSumed it was fair game.

That does not explain why you were gossiping about it with NON CAST MEMBERS (your personal friends) during which it was overheard by a cast associate.  It's not like you were discussing it with Vicki or Lizzie.  

You were discussing it with people who are in no way affiliated with the show for your own personal tittilation.  Own it, learn your lesson, and shut the fuck up with the excuses.  

Again, I just can't with this bitch.  This ranks right up there with her 3 different stories about mechanical bull-gate.  

Maybe I'm not a Heather well wisher, but I hope she's crucified at the reunion.  

MTE, especially the part about the crucifixion.

• Love 1

Right, but that was a case of Shannon being in control of what was revealed about her marriage during filming. And, while I'm sure nobody is more aware of the Beadors' marital problems than their kids, that still doesn't give Heather the liberty to spread info - that she didn't hear directly from Shannon - to several people outside of production.

If Shannon believed that she could go around revealing very private things about her marriage, while fitted with a mic and followed by a camera crew, and still retain control over how and when that information would be discussed, she is even dumber than I think - which is simply not feasible. She apparently tells everyone that she makes eye contact with or brushes up against that she has a bad marriage. The only thing shocking to anyone who knows these people is probably that it took so long for David to get tired of it all. 

Should Heather have kept her mouth shut? Sure she should have. Do I think this is anything unusual or character defaming? No way. Heather doesn't like Shannon. Shannon doesn't like Heather. Tamra revealed something without ever saying that it was a big fat secret. Heather had already gathered there were problems in the marriage, as had everyone else. She repeated this to folks who are familiar with Shannon. Heather ran away from none of this in her blog. She admitted that she repeated the information. Maybe I hang out with the wrong crowd, but this is the way that shit goes down. 

• Love 7

I don't believe anything Heather says.  If she'll lie on camera, there's no telling what she says when the cameras are off.  She claims she doesn't repeat things to Terry, but she will lie to him about what the women say and do?

• Love 4

If Shannon believed that she could go around revealing very private things about her marriage, while fitted with a mic and followed by a camera crew, and still retain control over how and when that information would be discussed, she is even dumber than I think - which is simply not feasible. She apparently tells everyone that she makes eye contact with or brushes up against that she has a bad marriage. The only thing shocking to anyone who knows these people is probably that it took so long for David to get tired of it all.

Should Heather have kept her mouth shut? Sure she should have. Do I think this is anything unusual or character defaming? No way. Heather doesn't like Shannon. Shannon doesn't like Heather. Tamra revealed something without ever saying that it was a big fat secret. Heather had already gathered there were problems in the marriage, as had everyone else. She repeated this to folks who are familiar with Shannon. Heather ran away from none of this in her blog. She admitted that she repeated the information. Maybe I hang out with the wrong crowd, but this is the way that shit goes down.

With you. Even taking the cameras out of the equation, the idea that Shannon is in a pearl clutching snit about people discussing all the shit that she and Davud have spent months ruining dinner parties by putting out there is insane! I hate Heather, but she's right about one thing; Shannon isn't mad at her. She's mad at David and she's mad at Tamera, but she's confronting Heather. And going around town telling a very self-serving version of that confrontation even though she doesn't talk behind people's backs except for ALL OF THE TIME. Heather gossiped. That's it. Was it nice? No, but on the list of sins I rank gossip right up there with jaywalking. It's wrong, but everybody does it and it's usually not a big deal. We've heard Shannon gossip plenty. Tamara broke a promise, David did whatever he did to make Shannon hate him, Heather gossiped. She is not Shannon problem, but Shannon doesn't deal with problems. Not really. Whenever she had a real problem she invents a fake problem to deal with instead. Good luck with that. I will to be able to can with Shannon when she grows up a little and stops acting like a poor little rich girl.

• Love 4

Heather doesn't have to repeat anything to Terry because his creepin' ass is always around to hear it himself.

LOL.   I have this fanfic in my brain where Terry acts all meek and "yes dear" during the day, but at night, creeps around and injects Heather with botox as payback for being such a henpecker.   She wakes up wonkier and who-ier, but clueless.   

• Love 1
(edited)

Shannon insists on calling Heather "HeatherDubrow" at all times, lol, it always cracksme up.

I noticed this too and thought it odd until it dawned on me that maybe it's a way for her to distinguish Heather Dubrow from Heather McDonald who apparently has been to a lot of the parties this season.

An observation - when Heather Dubrow kicked Shannon out of her house without her purse, she didn't walk her to the door - very bad etiquette.

Another observation - when Shannon called David on her way home after Heather Dubrow kicked her out of her house - it sure looked very dark out - I thought David went to bed at 8:30 every night - see Shannon, he does care about you!

Edited by FlyingEgret

I noticed this too and thought it odd until it dawned on me that maybe it's a way for her to distinguish Heather Dubrow from Heather McDonald who apparently has been to a lot of the parties this season.

An observation - when Heather Dubrow kicked Shannon out of her house without her purse, she didn't walk her to the door - very bad etiquette.

Another observation - when Shannon called David on her way home after Heather Dubrow kicked her out of her house - it sure looked very dark out - I thought David went to bed at 8:30 every night - see Shannon, he does care about you!

I remember Heather having lunch with someone in her first season on the show (during the name change episode, I believe) and prattling on and on about just how upsetting it was that people always mispronounced the last name incorrectly ("du-brow like 'eye-brow'").

I've always snickered when Shannon does this because I wonder if she does it deliberately to prove to Heather that she can pronounce her "high-brow" (hehe, see what I did there?) last name.  

I found Alex's explanation of what probably happened between Shannon and one of the producers to be car-crash crane-your-neck fascinating.  As in, bloody awful but I couldn't shut my ears.  Those Bravo production pimps.  Holy cow.  What soulless creeps.  

I'm deaf and the video wasn't captioned.  Could you or someone tell me what her explanation was?  I'm curious now.

Eater of Worlds, Alex said that Shannon's rookie mistake is to think that anything said is private, EVER. She says that there is a production guy whose job is to sit with a headset and transcribe onto a laptop everything the housewives say for later use. Alex opines that what happened was that Shannon got the email and told a producer about it, because if the producer does the job right Shannon thinks the producer is her best friend. After hugs and comforting the producer might have suggested that Shannon tell Tamra since Tamra has been through marriage difficulty herself. Then (opines Alex) the producer suggested to Tamra that she tell Heather, either to make Heather back down from Shannon or just to stir the pot. Alex says that the whole knock-on-the-door unannounced thing is ridiculous since production would have to be there to make sure Heather was home, set up cameras, etc. I found myself nodding as Alex was talking, what she says makes a lot of sense.

• Love 7

They filmed this during winter, right? I'm not sure about the west coast, but out here (in the midwest) it starts getting dark around 5:30 and it would be completely dark well before David's 8:30 bedtime. But I suppose there is a possibility he was just waiting up for his loving wife - or didn't want to go to bed with the kids in the house and no other adult home. 

• Love 1

because if the producer does the job right Shannon thinks the producer is her best friend.

I heard the same story from a contestant on Project Runway in the first season.  She said they always pick out good-looking guys or girls to pair you up with and encourage them to develop a personal relationship with you.  The more you can get the person to say, the better your career will go and you'll get the more plush assignments.

• Love 1

Eater of Worlds, Alex basically explained that any time a castmember says anything, whether on camera or off, there is a crew member nearby taking notes.  Everything that is said is sent to the Producers.  In addition, Producers sidle up to castmembers and gain their trust in order to get them to confide in them.  Any information, no matter how it is obtained, can be used by the Producers to create juicy storylines.  So it is quite possible that Shannon talked about the email to someone privately, and it was suggested that she speak to Tamra about it on camera.  Next thing you know, the entire World knows about it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm glad Shannon runs to a doctor every time any little problem shows up, but could she just make an appointment with a PSYCHOTHERAPIST once in a while??? Girl needs SERIOUS therapy!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 2