Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Skunk In The Barnyard

• Start Topic

I mean, yeah, in some way she's trying to cling onto her HW fame. But hey if somebody paid me to give an "analysis" on what I think happened on a show I used to be a part of, hell yea I'd do it!  Of course it's just her interpretation of events, but I suspect she's pretty close on the mark.

At least Alex's vlog is proof to us how scripted these shows are, at least as far as production suggesting plot lines, planting ideas and staging get togethers. 

Vicki has looked lovely in some of her business dresses. I've always thought Vicky and NYC Ramona suffer from the same poor style choices and Ramona too looked her best the season she hired a stylist who dressed her in more upscale attire that looked like dressy business wear.

• Love 1

That interchange with Shannon was so bizarre.  I don't hate Heather but it made me hate her.  How do you see a woman clearly in pain over something you were supposedly a part of and not have an ounce of sympathy?  Shannon didn't go off half-cocked.  She seemed much more interested in knowing who it was that betrayed her trust.  

(edited)

That interchange with Shannon was so bizarre. I don't hate Heather but it made me hate her. How do you see a woman clearly in pain over something you were supposedly a part of and not have an ounce of sympathy? Shannon didn't go off half-cocked. She seemed much more interested in knowing who it was that betrayed her trust.

I do hate Heather and I probably wouldn't have answered Shannon's questions either. Not with the whole "I want you to confirm some story I'm being vague about and I don't want to answer any of your questions about what the hell we're even talking about". It's a pet peeve of mine when people come in with a bunch of accusations that they refuse to be specific about. Just say "so and so told David that you were talking to them about this email. I only told Tamara and I think she told you. Is that true?" This hemming and hawing and think-of-the-children nonsense would send me over the edge too.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 6

At least Alex's vlog is proof to us how scripted these shows are, at least as far as production suggesting plot lines, planting ideas and staging get togethers.

I agree. I like knowing how the sausage is made.
  • Love 3

Vicki has looked lovely in some of her business dresses. I've always thought Vicky and NYC Ramona suffer from the same poor style choices and Ramona too looked her best the season she hired a stylist who dressed her in more upscale attire that looked like dressy business wear.

Does anyone beside me remember a few years ago when Oprah had a make-over show featuring various HW's? The OC's--or most of them--were there, were made over with better, updated hair, clothing and make up. They looked tons better and five nanoseconds after they were finished they immediately tossed the new looks and went back to the over processed, too long fried blonde hair, caked on make up and sky-tops.

Ah, memories...

(edited)

LOL.   I have this fanfic in my brain where Terry acts all meek and "yes dear" during the day, but at night, creeps around and injects Heather with botox as payback for being such a henpecker.   She wakes up wonkier and who-ier, but clueless.   

IMO, Heather is actually a very insecure woman whose pretentious attitude is an attempt to conceal the insecurities.  I really can't understand how Terry can tolerate her.

Edited by tulip555

IMO, Heather is actually a very insecure woman whose pretentious attitude is an attempt to conceal the insecurities.  I really can't understand how Terry can tolerate her.

Interesting because for me he's the one that's hard to tolerate. I think he's obsessed with thinking everyone's thinking he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. And he has that my house (dick) is bigger than yours syndrome.

• Love 1

Does anyone beside me remember a few years ago when Oprah had a make-over show featuring various HW's? The OC's--or most of them--were there, were made over with better, updated hair, clothing and make up. They looked tons better and five nanoseconds after they were finished they immediately tossed the new looks and went back to the over processed, too long fried blonde hair, caked on make up and sky-tops.

Ah, memories...

Yes! and for the most part they really looked pretty good BUT no one dresses that way in southern CA so I thought the stylist missed the mark. I actually thought those Sky tops and jeans or slim pants were a rather perfect style choice for the OC wives.

Ah, memories the memories but sorry for the thread drift...

• Love 1

Ah, memories...

Except Gretchen really embraced the trench coat. 

I do hate Heather and I probably wouldn't have answered Shannon's questions either. Not with the whole "I want you to confirm some story I'm being vague about and I don't want to answer any of your questions about what the hell we're even talking about". It's a pet peeve of mine when people come in with a bunch of accusations that they refuse to be specific about. Just say "so and so told David that you were talking to them about this email. I only told Tamara and I think she told you. Is that true?" This hemming and hawing and think-of-the-children nonsense would send me over the edge too.

I didn't see Shannon as being vague.  She wanted to know who Heather got the information from that she was gossiping about.

I didn't see Shannon as being vague. She wanted to know who Heather got the information from that she was gossiping about.

She refused to directly answer any of Heather's questions. Heather asked her where she had heard this story from and Shannon wouldn't say and Heather asked her if they were talking about Tamara and Shannon hedged.

She may feel that she doesn't owe Heather a bunch of explanations. Fair enough, she doesn't. I'm just saying when people try to play that game with me I shut up. Somebody told you? Who? You don't want to say? Then we are done.

She refused to directly answer any of Heather's questions. Heather asked her where she had heard this story from and Shannon wouldn't say and Heather asked her if they were talking about Tamara and Shannon hedged.

She may feel that she doesn't owe Heather a bunch of explanations. Fair enough, she doesn't. I'm just saying when people try to play that game with me I shut up. Somebody told you? Who? You don't want to say? Then we are done.

I think Shannon would not say because it was someone who was not part of the cast.  I think Shannon knows better (as does Heather) to drag an outsider in. It really didn't matter who it was it was a question to Heather who told her. By the time Shannon arrived Tamra had told Heather about David's text.   I don't know how many ladies were at the second lunch Heather had that day but it is probably safe to say once Tamra told her about David's text Heather called "her real friends" to see who close to Shannon.  Unless there were a huge number of people at the second luncheon (which would make telecaster  of gossip Heather look worse) Heather knew who it was.

I don't  like people, like Heather and Tamra, who try and shift blame by demanding the person cough up their source or worse yet lie about opening their mouth.

I think Shannon would not say because it was someone who was not part of the cast.  I think Shannon knows better (as does Heather) to drag an outsider in. It really didn't matter who it was it was a question to Heather who told her. By the time Shannon arrived Tamra had told Heather about David's text.   I don't know how many ladies were at the second lunch Heather had that day but it is probably safe to say once Tamra told her about David's text Heather called "her real friends" to see who close to Shannon.  Unless there were a huge number of people at the second luncheon (which would make telecaster  of gossip Heather look worse) Heather knew who it was.

I don't  like people, like Heather and Tamra, who try and shift blame by demanding the person cough up their source or worse yet lie about opening their mouth.

Yes, but the interesting thing is that the entire reason for Shannon's visit to Heather was to try and get her to cough up her source.

Yes, but the interesting thing is that the entire reason for Shannon's visit to Heather was to try and get her to cough up her source.

Different set of circumstances.  Shannon was trying to get confirmation and absolve Tamra from blame.  Heather took it up on herself to be shitty about the situation.  Both women Heather and Shannon have later admitted what they did was wrong.  It would have just made it far simpler had Heather told the truth instead of doing that juxtaposition she does whenever she is in the hot seat.

• Love 2

I don't understand the premise that Heather doesn't "owe" Shannon anything and. Is thus somehow justified in discussing information about the Beador marriage that she gleaned in a second-hand capacity. None of these women are technically indebted to one another (ie Tamra openly detested Gretchen and didn't funnel alcohol down her throat during Naked Wasted, but those realities don't qualify the heinousness of how she encouraged Ryan to get sexually aggressive with an intoxicated woman; similarly, Alexis doesn't "owe" the gay community a justification of her beliefs, but common decency compelled her to apologize when she articulated her views on Fernanda's marriage in an offensive manner); however, "Don't Proliferate Rumors About A Co-worker's Troubled Marriage" falls under the category of general decorum, in my opinion. Whatever "gossip" Shannon has indulged in about Heather has derived for the most part from commentary about direct interactions Shannon herself has had with Heather. When she's listened to third-party accounts from Tamra, she has in turn specifically confronted Heather about said accounts. Apples and spaceships from what Heather did in my view.

• Love 3
(edited)

For the past couple of weeks, I've been power watching "The Wire". Missed it when it was on. And now I keep imagining a DREAM encouter that I would watch on an infinite loop: Snoop v. Heather. Oh My GOD! It would give me NINE LIVES! Snoop telling Heather her business. Explaining that when you get caught, you gotta own it. Punk Ass Heather. sheeeeeeet. I'm sorry, I just keep cracking up on the inside thinking about the two of them in a conversation.  Now, please don't read me wrong, I'm not advocating for the Stanfield crew to roll up to HeatherDubrows to do what they do....but please, comics out there..please....someone make this skit a reality for me!

Edited by Lady Grump
I noticed this too and thought it odd until it dawned on me that maybe it's a way for her to distinguish Heather Dubrow from Heather McDonald who apparently has been to a lot of the parties this season.

Damn this makes me mad because it makes so much sense. I love when Shannon uses Heathers full name because In my mind Shannon was doing it to imply ,ok Miss Fancy pants I will only address you with your fancy pants full name. I also thought it was a way of distancing herself from Heather. Your explanation is much less malevolent and makes more sense.

I don't understand the premise that Heather doesn't "owe" Shannon anything and. Is thus somehow justified in discussing information about the Beador marriage that she gleaned in a second-hand capacity.

I think I would be more outraged at Heather if I knew exactly what she said. We don't know if she just said mentioned Shannon received an email from her husband. Or if she said David emailed Shannon that he wants a divorce. Or, if she just said, things aren't going great for Shannon, there was something about an email, maybe we should give her more of a break. Whatever it was, I suspect it was a short off hand comment because it would have taken time away from Heather's favorite subject, herself.

I just doubt that there was any real discussion of Shannon and her marriage between Heather and her friends, because Heather strikes me as too self absorbed to talk much about the other women unless she is doing it for the camera. 

• Love 1
I noticed this too and thought it odd until it dawned on me that maybe it's a way for her to distinguish Heather Dubrow from Heather McDonald who apparently has been to a lot of the parties this season.

Damn this makes me mad because it makes so much sense. I love when Shannon uses Heathers full name because In my mind Shannon was doing it to imply ,ok Miss Fancy pants I will only address you with your fancy pants full name. I also thought it was a way of distancing herself from Heather. Your explanation is much less malevolent and makes more sense.

I actually think it is just part of her speech pattern, although it is strange that she only uses it for Heather, except when referring to herself. I have noticed that she says things like "that is something that makes Shannon Beador very unhappy", or one time she said "one thing Shannon Beador doesn't do is lie". Since I hate it when people refer to themselves in this way, it always rankles, and she has done it a lot in her TH interviews.  

And what is Heather's excuse-she doesn't need the money.

According to some of the interviews I read, Heather never wanted to do the show. Terry gave her the silent treatment until she agreed to do it. And, that actually makes sense considering how much Terry is involving himself in the scenes with the women.

I think I would be more outraged at Heather if I knew exactly what she said. We don't know if she just said mentioned Shannon received an email from her husband. Or if she said David emailed Shannon that he wants a divorce. Or, if she just said, things aren't going great for Shannon, there was something about an email, maybe we should give her more of a break. Whatever it was, I suspect it was a short off hand comment because it would have taken time away from Heather's favorite subject, herself.

I just doubt that there was any real discussion of Shannon and her marriage between Heather and her friends, because Heather strikes me as too self absorbed to talk much about the other women unless she is doing it for the camera.

What I keep wondering about is why Shannon is so stuck on the word "divorce". Even in her blog after she's had a chance to see how she and David come across she's so devastated that anyone would use the word divorce...about an email where her husband suggests moving out...after she has spent months telling anyone who will listen how awful her marriage is. I think divorce is a pretty logical conclusion. So logical, I'd even give Tamara the benefit of the doubt (first time for everything) that of all the crappy things she did about that email, she may not have even been aware she used the word divorce when Shannon didn't. Did she even use the word? Did Heather? Did whoever told Shannon about this whole mess just use it? I could see someone saying that Heather was talking about them getting a divorce when Heather just said there was an email and David might move out...because that sounds exactly like a couple about to get a divorce! I mean good for them that they're not, but it's a pretty reasonable conclusion for people to draw. Her getting so stuck on that point tells me she doesn't really know who she's mad at it why, she's just mad.

• Love 1

I really liked Terry the first year she was on.  But he is such a cackling, gossipy hen. I feel like his whole persona is so phoney.  He likes to play the part of the funny, doting every-day Dr. but I suspect he is much different in real life.