Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Skunk In The Barnyard

• Start Topic

I liked the editing in this episode. The girls chanting "Skunk in the Barnyard" like the girls from "The Shining" while the music built as Shannon got ready to go confront Heather at night was like a scene out of "The Sopranos." Well, almost...

Holy crap that was terrifying!  I felt like it was set up to be suuuper creepy.  Maybe like Shannon is a little unhinged. 

Heather is a horrible horrible person.  I wonder if she feels ahamed.  I imagine not.  She is disgusting.

• Love 6

Great catch from the poster above about Shannon leaving Heather Dubrow's without her large purse from which she pulled her cell phone. Great acting ( not really) from Heather after Shannon left saying to Terry in a dramatic breathy voice: I'm sorry she's hurting but it is not ....my.... Faaaaaault.!!!!!!!

I thought the phone from the purse pull was when she was at Tamra's, not Heather's.

• Love 2

There's a Bible scripture that says something like 'it is better to live on the corner of the roof than to live with a nagging wife.' Sexist , yes, but now I get it. Shannon is that wife. Good lord woman, let the man have some chips. As others have said, picking your battles is KEY in a marriage/partnership.

That said, I felt so bad for Shannon last night. Heather Dubrow is an awful person. I can't stand her or her husband. That swooping in to take Shannon's drink bullshit wasn't funny at all.

I no longer like Lizzie either. I never liked Tamara so meh.

• Love 3
(edited)

Shannon had her bag at Tamra's house, which is where she pulled out the phone. Then she went home to bitch at David for daring to eat chips and salsa in his own kitchen.  I just watched again, and when she leaves her house to go to Heather's rental, she clearly has a bag in her hand, but she must have left it in the car when she got there, because she didn't carry it in with her.  I didn't see any fishy editing about this scene with regard to her bag.  I did notice that she was wearing a different outfit, and it was supposed to have all taken place in a short space of time (from her leaving Tamra's house, going home to be a nag, and then going over to Heather's house). Maybe she changed.  

Thanks for the clarification on the phone issue.  I thought maybe I had missed something but, yeah, she never went purse-diving at Heather's.

I was confused about the timing of her going to Heather's, too, but upon listening closely she told Heather something had been bothering her "for a couple of days now."

I guess Shannon sat on it for a couple of days and then made her trip over to Heather's place.  Also, Tamra CLAIMS in her blog that she tried to text and call Shannon over the next couple of days to "confess," but that Shannon wouldn't return her messages.

Gee, can't imagine why she wouldn't want to talk to you, Tamra, you scheming little Chucky-looking shrew.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I liked Vicki gagging and sending herself an award for Outstanding Performance or whatever.  It doesn't even say in what she had outstanding performance in.  Vicki is herself and that's why I love her. (Not as a person but as a HW).

And for the the same reason, I think this Shannon is a diamond in the rough in the HW world.  She can't help but be herself.  Which is probably a lush, self-absorbed, hypercritical, emotional wreck.

Tamra is taking too much testosterone.  She's turning into a man baby.  Totally busted with her gossip mongering, but Shannon is too tipsy and too dazed by her Heather Hate to think clearly.

I think Lizzie could be a very good pot-stirrer.  But for me, Danielle had the best line last night when she told Shannon she could see how people could think that her tumblers full of vodka would be a little much.

I think Shannon's marital woes were a secret kind of like Taylor Armstrong's abuse allegations against Russell were a secret.  Shannon probably blabbed them to all the women from day one on the set.  So David probably found out and sent Shannon the text wondering why Heather was talking about it.  And Shannon flipped on Heather the way that Taylor flipped on Camille at Brandi's Malibu party.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 5

I am so tired of seeing Terry's smug Gomer Pyle-ish face in the background of every damn scene. It infuriates me to think he has a reality show coming up on Bravo.

Interestingly enough, it will air on E!  I wonder why Bravo didn't want to pick it up?

And I totally don't buy that Terry and Heather had a "surprise party" to go to.  Please!!  It already looked late and Heather was in workout clothes.  Their excuses are ridiculous; I'm still convinced their son was perfectly fine last episode despite their soap opera performances.  

I thought David sounded really sweet and compassionate on the phone when she called him driving home.  Yeah, his comment about having girls was rude (and stupid) but I fail to see him as such a mean, horrible person.  He seems as someone who is just over the constant nagging, so he'd prefer to be out of the house or go to bed at 8:30, just to not deal with it.  

• Love 6
Also at the beach, Vicki screaming again like a 5 year old when someone dangled a lobster/crab/whatever in front of her.  Shaddup.

Add to that Tamra screaming like a 5 year old when discovering her fake baby's penis. And then taking a picture of it. Yes, little boys have penises. Fascinating. 

Add Brianna to the mix -- boys are so much easier than girls -- This is an older trope but it's still absurd.  At least Vicki was hoping for a little girl.

I didn't think Brianna was saying that boys in general are easier than girls, just that SHE knew boys from having one and would have been scared to have a girl. I can kind of relate because after two boys I felt that way when I got pregnant with my daughter. But, of course, it's kind of silly because even two boys can be vastly different from each other. 

• Love 1

I guess since Eddie's real "baby" is his dog, he decided to name the fake one Astro.  Maybe he thought rather than hearing an annoying baby crying, he'd just hear the Jetsons' dog saying "Rokay, Rorge."

Either that or he was trying to one-up George Costanza's favorite baby name:  Seven.

• Love 2

I'm still convinced their son was perfectly fine last episode despite their soap opera performances.

Seriously?  You didn't buy that?  

Oh, I totally swallowed it, hook, line and sinker.

"It's 10:30?  Wait, what time is it?  Oh, it's 10:30?  It's 10:30, did you know that?"

And I just gotta be THAT bitch here.

When Heather made the comment to Terry about talking about length and width and then threw back her Whoville Head in that forced gale of laughter?

Yeah, I just wanted to garrote her exposed throat.  

• Love 9
(edited)

I have a feeling that Heather probably got some good edits her first two seasons as she is really unable or unwilling to re-tell an encounter without huge misrepresentations.  I notice even Terry had a strange look on his face (a face we see all too often) when Heather was re-telling the tale to Lizzie.  Either Terry has a better memory or he is practicing for his upcoming show and realizes how easy it is to look foolish. 

I understood why Shannon wanted to discuss things with Heather.  Heather was the one that put the rumor  into circulation.  The information may have come from Tamra but Heather is the one that spread it.  Maybe Shannon was hanging on to the outside chance that the woman who texted David was not telling the truth.  Apparently, Heather is getting a bit of flack for using the term-"lady friend of David's" in her blog- https://twitter.com/HeatherDubrow/status/481267597720428544, I guess she should have just left as friend of the Beadors.  

I doubt there will be any serious confrontation or photo montage of Heather's inconsistent statements at the Reunion.  Nobody wants to hear  her explain herself away.  It also brings up prior Vicki and Tamra inconsistent statements. This week marks the hallway point I hope these women can find something else to argue about than spreading gossip. 

I am still try to figure out how Heather and Tamra lunched and then Heather immediately turned around and attended another event in the same restaurant.  Smells fishy.  I smell the Tamra/Heather scene of last week a do over a scene specifically created for the show.  I think Tamra told Heather straight out (off camera) and there was no -have sympathy for Shannon nonsense. 

Edited by zoeysmom

I notice even Terry had a strange look on his face (a face we see all too often) when Heather was re-telling the tale to Lizzie.  Either Terry has a better memory or he is practicing for his upcoming show and realizes how easy it is to look foolish.

For the life of me, when the camera panned to Terry nibbling on that edamame whilst his beady little eyes darted around, all I could envision was a rat nibbling on a piece of cheese.  

• Love 10

Now I'm getting creeped out recalling the episode, after reading your posts. The kids' Barnyard game, which had seemed so innocent to me, is now chilling. Tamra's and Shannon's eyes, ringed in black as they were, were scary at their meeting. Tamra's white-eyelined eyes were especially terrifying in her talking heads.

And Heather? Just about everything about her seems unreal. She's the housewives version of the robot-Troy baby. I think her eyes automatically close when she lies down at night, and they open again when she sits up.

• Love 6

Heather seems to have her own definition of what yelling is.

Ehh, I share it. Ok maybe what Shannon does isn't shouting, but she gets a very nasty edge to her voice and starts talking over people and almost daring them not to back down. She did it with Danielle during the oil consultation (I can't believe I just typed "oil consultation"). I agree that yelling maybe isn't the best descriptor, but I know exactly what Heather's talking about when she says it and there is something to it. Shannon can get hostile on a dime and seems to feel very justified when she does.

• Love 5
(edited)

Why oh why is everyone courting vile Tamra?  Why in the hell are people afraid of her?  Tamra's a chickenshit liar and she is visibly afraid of being called out for the evil twat that she is.   She's cunning but she's not really smart, and she's such a terrible friend.  Gah!  I want to spray this post with exclamation points.  Shannon, get it together for fuck's sake!  Even with serious marital problems, you are in a better position intellectually, financially, emotionally and even maritally than Tamra, who is fighting with her kid on social media, fighting with her ex on social media, and is newly married to a man who has NEVER evinced ANY attraction for her or interest in her.  Count your blessings and get yourself a real fucking therapist, and start volunteering with an underserved population to get your fucking head straight, Shannon!   Then, slap the shit out of Tamra for playing runtelldat with someone you can't stand, and who can't stand you.  Handle your business!  She's so frustrating because I don't think Shannon is an idiot or a bad person in the way Tamra and Vicki are.  She has intelligence, time, wealth, and a desire to improve herself on some level, she could work to fix her problems.  She's very stuck, though, and lashing out in ways that can't help her.

Tamra lies while she lies.  She acted like Heather brow-beat her into talking about Shannon's secrets.  No, that's not what went down, at least in terms of what we've seen.  She really does look like that walking sack of depression she calls mom with those wretched bangs, doesn't she?  They age her directly into her mother.  How long did her mom's facelift improve her appearance, like a month? 

Vicki and Brooks do not have actual chemistry.  Two slack-faced idiotic overfed always-drunk pigs, nothing more.  He's in there for the paycheck, and he is earning every fucking penny with Big Miss Pink Parts.  Vicki is boring but still a bitch -- TH'ing about how Shannon's marital problems would go away with a little 'kiss kiss, a little tongue.'  Why, what happened with her marriage, then, Señora Love Tank?  Do you think she would hav been okay with people saying that about her and Donn?  I'm sure she would've taken that very well, since Vicki has all of the answers!  And I'm sick of her mallrat wardrobe and shrieking to seem 'girlish.'  Vicki, you are no girl.  You're a needy meat-puppet attention slore.  And that moving trip back in time really worked for me, since I confirmed Vicki was one fugly, FUGLY 23 year old, which explains why she is such a porcine nightmare today.  I'm going to hell, don't care.  And as far as don't care, neither does Brooks.  Look at his bologna-like face when Vicki is having her memories about Brianna and Michael.  The man does not give a shit.  I would want her to get a clue, but I don't.  Reap what you sow, you sow.  Enjoy your man getting wood when a probably underpaid masseuse is having to put hands on his jiggling back fat and then claiming that touching your dainty hoof is making him hard.  Romantic and believable!  And full of dignity; everyone wants to see her lover get an erection in front of a camera crew because a woman with actual talent has laid hands on him because she had to.  This is exactly what Vicki deserves.  And shut the fuck up about feeling a connection to Mexico with your 'no scratchy the woody' history.  Her connection is to having a condo that was probably paid for entirely by her dad, and having the Bravo cash to force others to massage her lumpen carcass.  It's not a connection to the people of Puerto Vallarta, to Mexican culture, or to anyting real. 

I don't mind Lizzie at all.  She was absolutely correct that Shannon needed to haul ass to Tamra (and hopefully haul something heavy across Tamra's face).  I appreciate someone intelligent and well-spoken on this franchise.  She wasn't flying her Yay Heather flag in her TH, either.  I don't forgive the stupid about how to conceive a girl though.  I'm sick of all of the sexist shit on this stupid show. 

Shannon has some serious scratch - you can tell by the wardrobe.  She was wearing long earrings that I think were Van Cleef and Arpels (I lust after them) that I'm guessing were thousands and thousands.  And she's worn them before.  She seems to buy the best stuff she can.  I wonder if Chanel-obsessed Heather feels aggro towards Shannon about that. 

Heather and Terry are on some level a match made in hell.  The point of any partnership is to find that yin and yang thing.  He really seems to thrive in trying to bring out the worst in her.  Seeing him grin and watch Heather and Shannon argue was just gross. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 11
(edited)

Even though I side with Shannon in her showdown vs Heather, I really was WTF with all her mother to mother BS. That "think of the children" shit just doesn't fly with me. If Shannon wanted to protect her kids she wouldn't have come on a Bravo reality show with that trainwreck of a marriage. Or better yet, giving them such a bad example of what marriage is. She is probably raising 3 future fire breathing Nagzillas. Hell they join in on the fun of henpecking David too. Talking about his bad grammar and chewing with his mouth open. I really hope they can break the cycle. But I digress. It is alright to be mad simply because an enemy can't keep your name and business out of your mouth. Leave the children out of this. I'm sure they already know your marriage is a shit show.

I would really like to know why Shannon is on the show. She doesn't seem to be trying to sell me something so why is she here exactly?

You know what is tiresome and annoying about these episode sometimes? That I have to watch a million and one re-tellings of a scene I just watched.  Shannon told her husband, Danielle, Tamra and Lizzie what happened. Heather told Tamra and Danielle what happened. Next week Shannon tells Vicki, blah, blah, blah.

Shannon said she knows that Tamra was lying, so why in the heck did Shannon go over the Heather's house to ask her in a roundabout way who gossiped about her and her husband?  Good Lord!  Skip the middleman and ask the culprit.

I also don't think Shannon going over there was a great idea either but Tamra already had outright lied to her face and said she told no one. If she went back to Tamra without first getting confirmation from Heather, I don't see why Tamra would have changed her answer. Out of a desire to do good? Lead an honest Christian life? BAH!! This is Tamra we are talking about her. At least by going over there Shannon got the straight scoop that yeah, it was indeedy Tamra. Notice that right after it happened, Heather gave Tamra a call to provide a heads up that she dimed on her ass. With that little delicious nugget, Shannon had Tamra truly hemmed in and unable to weasel her way out of looking like the nasty distrustful varmint she is. Anything that outs Tamra for the piece of decaying possum roadkill she is gets a thumbs up from me. On top of that at her meeting with Shannon, Tamra looked like shit on a spindle. In case anyone is wondering, I don't like Tamra. 

Heather seems to have her own definition of what yelling is.

Amen. Shannon doesn't yell but she does get a tone that connotes she is not happy which to me is a far cry from yelling. I think the mischaracterization is yet another way for Heather to look victimized and justified for not liking or getting along with Shannon.

I FF the robot baby scene so I missed the comparison. Who's Astro? The dog from The Jetsons

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 4

God forgive me for saying this...they fired the wrong housewife.  

Everything Tamra is doing would have made a lot more sense with Gretchen.  Gretchen had already established the "Heather is condescending" storyline.  She wanted a baby with Slade (and clearly they ordered the prop baby that had to be used).  She could have been indignant about not getting on Good Day LA to pitch handbags or whatever the hell it was she pretended to sell.  

All of it just seems to fit better with her character, imho.  Not that I'm missing her.

Shannon vs. Heather...I kind of like them both.  They're providing entertaining scenes, which is what I'm in this for.  

I find it interesting that neither one (so far) is seeing how big a problem Tamra is.  Heather's hedging and deflection when Shannon came over was, to me, her way of protecting Tamra.  And then of course Tamra didn't have her back, with all her gasping and pearl clutching about the evil HeatherDubrow trashing Shannon's marriage and destroying her children in the process.

About that- I hope Shannon fully watches this shit back.  The chips/salsa comment wasn't her first dig at her husband.  When she told her kid to get the milk she made some comment about how she needed the real milk, not the stuff "daddy" uses.  She was picking at him directly to her daughter, not overtly but it's the kind of subtle thing that adds up over time.  I'm kind of curious to see what happens with her kids 10 years from now, and whether she survives it if they tell her that her constant sniping caused more stress than a divorce would have.

While this was an entertaining episode for me, I can probably only take 1-2 more episodes of Heather vs. Shannon.  I'm fickle like that.  So I hope more happens soon.

• Love 1

You know what is tiresome and annoying about these episode sometimes? That I have to watch a million and one re-tellings of a scene I just watched.  Shannon told her husband, Danielle, Tamra and Lizzie what happened. Heather told Tamra and Danielle what happened. Next week Shannon tells Vicki, blah, blah, blah.

Seriously.  And, with each re-telling, the story changes just a hair to get even more dramatic.  It started as "Heather yelled at me..." and ends up as "..Heather SCREAMED AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS as she BANISHED ME FROM HER HOUSE..."   Ok, my version might be slightly exaggerated. 

OMG, that comedian impersonating Heather is giving me LIFE.  Seriously.  She not only bears a very striking resemblance, but she has her mannerisms and word enunciations down cold.  2 thumbs up!

I also missed the comparison of Troy to Astro.  I even went to the Bravo homepage and couldn't find it there.  I would LOVE to see that.  Because Troy? Ooof yes he's definitely "breathtaking" as another poster mentioned in another thread. I'll bet he'll get cuter as time goes on, but right now? Not so much. 

Heyyyy...  why's it so warm in here?? And why am I in this handbasket? 

• Love 4
(edited)

Anyone with children who airs their marital problems on TV loses the right to complain that castmates (and the rest of the world) are gossiping about them. Furthermore, to come in to a show with your marital problems as your storyline makes you a fame ho who deserves no respect, IMO. Shannon should have thought about the fact that she was a mother before she signed on to the show. Absurd hypocrisy.

No one in this cast is too bright.  When are people going to catch on that Tamra is a coworker not a friend? Her M.O. is to befriend, create conflict and betray, and then reconcile. Her only priority is staying employed on the show. Vicki finally seems to have gotten it.

Edited by AliceGoodDay
  • Love 2

Anyone with children who airs their marital problems on TV loses the right to complain that castmates (and the rest of the world) are gossiping about them. Furthermore, to come in to a show with your marital problems as your storyline makes you a fame ho who deserves no respect, IMO. Shannon should have thought about the fact that she was a mother before she signed on to the show. Absurd hypocrisy.

No one in this cast is too bright.  When are people going to catch on that Tamra is a coworker not a friend? Her M.O. is to befriend, create conflict and betray, and then reconcile. Her only priority is staying employed on the show. Vicki finally seems to have gotten it.

Alex McCord agrees with you.  Alex gives a bit more plausible account of what might have really happened.  http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/174024/rhocs_shannon_beador_is_making

• Love 3

Anyone notice Heather's version of playing down how she maliciously (and happily) spread the shit Tams told her bout Shannon?  After she told her friends bout David's email -- and she said some weren't such close friends (er, huh?), she said, "Oh we should shut this down."

Heather quickly shut down Shannon and threw her out of her house so that she would have time to concoct her story.  She knew she had been caught spreading gossip, so she turned everything against Shannon.  I'm sure Heather rehearsed her little spiel over and over again until it sounded just right. Shannon wanted the same answer that Heather gave  Lizzie.  Problem is, Heather couldn't come up with a lie that quickly, IMO.

• Love 2
(edited)

I would really like to know why Shannon is on the show. She doesn't seem to be trying to sell me something so why is she here exactly?

Quite the mystery, isn't it?  Hell, even Taekman on RHONYC has her card box fucknuttery and is endorsing random household appliances like crockpots and teapots, and Lizzie clearly has boarded the Bravo Train(wreck) to promote her swimwear line.  

I dunno what Shannon's motive for being on this trainwreck is (yet).  

Hell, maybe if we hang in long enough, we'll see her introduce the Shannon Beador How To Berate Your Husband on National TV NYT bestselling how-to book?  

(ETA:  Maybe she's going for an endorsement for Grey Goose vodka 1/2 shot drinks?)

The Beador’s Newport Beach home was purchased in 2011 for $2.35 million

The Beador’s house was listed as “Bonita Canyon’s Largest Home“

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2013/12/03/rhoc-new-housewife-shannon-beador-what-you-might-not-know-about-shannon/

Ummmm, I think I just realized why Heather takes such umbrage at Shannon's very existence and is so inexplicably competitive with Shannon.   

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6

That Heather had a second group lunch after meeting with Tamra was odd. If anyone remembers the anecdote from TWOP, I distinctly recall a poster there reporting on such a set-up i. e. that Tamra and Heather were being filmed outside at a restaurant while a group of women waited in the interior, with Alexis Bellino in full make-up among them. I only remember because I thought Alexis might have hung on to a recurring role since she was mentioned.

• Love 1

Damn, had some issues so I had to re-register as islandgal140, but I am still islandgal at heart.

Heather is a Heather. Additionally, she is a slithering snake. I will concede that it wasn't Shannon's greatest idea to go over there and "confront" Heather. Also, she was terribly roundabout with her line of questioning. Just ask the perpetually startled, dead doll eyed Who from whoville where she got her info from, whether she was talking shit about your marriage and then tell her to keep your name out of her mouth. Point blank period. Jeez! That being said I side with Shannon. Heather was a total asshole. Because the truth came out - Tamra was the source and yes Heather then turned around and told her mangy friends about it. I just thought it was incredible how Heather managed to turn that around and not only not answer any of Shannon's questions but also get her to apologize for the other night and throw her out of her house. Then turn around and deny Shannon ever apologized to Tamra. Just wow! 

I don't get all the talk of how Shannon's problem isn't with Heather or Tamra and that Shannon is misdirecting her emotions. I don't think she is. She isn't blaming Tamra or Shannon for the breakdown of her marriage or causing a rift in her marriage. Her issue with them is very focused and direct. Tamra broke her trust by confiding an intimate detail to someone Shannon has a bad relationship with.  Heather is a vengeful, petty bitch who was probably all too glad to get this tidbit and have something else to lord over Shannon from her higher elevated, more prestigious, motor court vantaged view point. Now not only can Heather now feel she has a better house and possibly more money than Shannon but she can feel superior that she has a better marriage and family life too. 

Also, yeah, everyone knows the Beador marriage has issues but still I think there is a difference between knowing generically that there are problems and giving intimate details of what those problems are and move out dates. It maybe a distinction without a difference to some, but it ain't to me. Add to it that they are being revealed to someone you don't like and who damn sure don't like you and it ups the ante. 

Shannon is a big ass dummy for confiding in that swamp rat Tamra. Funny to see that Tamra realized she couldn't wriggle her ass out of being the runtelldat and decide to confess and throw herself on the mercy of Shannon. 

I've crossed over from mild irritation with Heather to strong dislike. I really can't stand her. She has the most infuriating character trait of tweaking or should I say outright lying about things in order to make herself look victimized, put upon and long suffering. To top it off, her ass is really bad at it because cameras are there to capture it all and make a plum fool of her ass. Even her 'sorry' text to Shannon after she threw her out seemed accusatory. Bitch please!

I am so tired of seeing Terry's smug Gomer Pyle-ish face in the background of every damn scene. It infuriates me to think he has a reality show coming up on Bravo. Ugh!

Bravo is really into recycling. Didn't we see that fake robot baby shit on ATL with Kenya? Where the hell is this supposed to be going anyway? Tamra's had her tubes tied and Eddie wants no parts of this bullshit. I will give credit to Eddie on that front. He may have been dumb enough to marry her but at least he is smart enough not to want to procreate with her. I rarely fast forward this show, hell I didn't even FF past Eddie and Tamra in the tube or Brooks and Vicki getting a massage but now Tamra is joining the likes of Gretch and Slade because I FF the fuck out of that stupid ass scene.

Tamra looked like she was wearing a wig made out of dry kindling & hay in that restaurant scene with Shannon. She looked like a walking fire hazard. Shit could've went up in smoke at any time. That was the worst I have ever seen her look in the history of the show. 

"E" ordered the shows so I don't think they'll be on Bravo.

Is it me, or is Shannon the only housewife really bringing it in terms of story?  Vicki is too busy getting her love tank filled or being an interfering mother, Tamra is trying to have a baby, Lizzie is trying to have a baby, and Heather is acting like a baby. 

I also think that if you can't have your whole life filmed then you shouldn't be on the show.  I think had Tamra been allowed to have her kids film, she wouldn't keep trying to start up so much drama.  It wasn't quite as bad in her first season when things were going well in her marriage, but since mid season 4 and on, she's gotten meaner.  At least she hasn't started screaming and yelling as much yet this season.

• Love 1

Add me to the long list of viewers bored by Vicki's unending trips to Mexico.  On television, a beach in PV Mexico is no different from a beach in OC USA.  Hotels all look the same as well.  The massage scene was disgusting.  Nobody wants to see two beached albino whales having oil rubbed all over their bodies, especially when one of them is getting sexually aroused with a film crew three feet away.

I'm also on board with those who feel the robot baby storyline is not only ridiculous for a middle aged mother of 4, but also a total farce.  Nobody believes those two are going to have any kind of child in their lives.  I'd rather see Tamra and Eddie volunteering at an animal shelter or something.  Enough with the baby bullshit.  Send the fake baby to MTV for an episode of 16 and Pregnant.

I'm sorry but I don't give a shit about the unending she-said-she-said between bored/non-working Shannon and Heather.  And Terry needs a hobby.

Terry needs a hobby that doesn't include being a yenta.   Jesus, go watch some football.

Seeing Vicki and Brooks turning over on that table made me never want to eat again.   Because I lost my appetite, and they literally looked like two very well fed hogs being turned on a spit.   I saw part of Vicki's crumpled crotchal region, I swear to God.     It was like watching Ron Jeremy in his very late porno career shift his bulk to mount some zaftig, tore up  housewife in an amateur clip.  Just horrid.

Robot baby Astro  was asinine.   Somewhere, Gretchen is grinding her horse teefs because she didn't know you could get a robot baby to keep your storyline afloat. 

Shut up Shannon, shut up Heather, and shut up especially Lizzie, you Muppet faced boring person who is even more boring and useless to the show than Alexis Bellino.   Go change a damn poopy diaper and whine about how hard it is to have big boobs in an area where everyone and their maid seems to have boobs, real or purchased. 

• Love 6

It can take 24 hours to figure out why I am liking one of these ladies more than the rest and suddenly siding with her, LOL, when I couldn't get with her before. 

This is the first chapter where I was totally Go Vicki -- It looks to me that she's starting to make peace with some aspects -- Brianna and Angry Boy leaving with that very cute grandson -- that little boy is so sweet -- And the epi came close to acknowledging that she is paying for Brooks and just don't care.  "When I'm tired of a man he's out" or some such thing.  She'll never say it outright but that came close -- or whatever it is that she said. I say Go For It -- she's earned it. 

Along with the tribute to her father in Puerto Vallarta and a shout out to her children when they were little.  When Vicki G decides to turn it off the faucet the whole thing will begin to shut down -- and then maybe just maybe we can start to rewatch The West Wing again in the mornings. 

It can take awhile but the editing on this show in particular is stellar.  All you need to know about what the gals don't want you to know is right there on the screen. 

(edited)

When Vickie said she had gotten an award for outstanding achievement, was I the only one who yelled "In the field of excellence!"? All we needed was Mr. Burns to hand her the award.

But nothing shall ever, ever, EVER top this golden awards moment of Vicki in all of her glory.  For this clip alone, I shall always have a lady hard-on for her ridiculousness.

(You're very welcome to anyone hasn't yet seen this shining moment in Housewives history).  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

And Shannon was far less interested in finding out what she already knew -- that Tamra gossiped about her -- than in launching round 5 of Heather abuse.  Heather isn't a good friend, Heather doesn't care about her and her children, Heather is condescending, Heather Heather Heather.

Make that, "And Shannon was far less interested in finding out what she already knew -- that Tamra gossiped about her -- than in launching round 5 of Heather Dubrow abuse.  Heather Dubrow isn't a good friend, Heather Dubrow doesn't care about her and her children, Heather Dubrow is condescending, Heather Dubrow Heather Dubrow Heather Dubrow."

• Love 2

Make that, "And Shannon was far less interested in finding out what she already knew -- that Tamra gossiped about her -- than in launching round 5 of Heather Dubrow abuse. Heather Dubrow isn't a good friend, Heather Dubrow doesn't care about her and her children, Heather Dubrow is condescending, Heather Dubrow Heather Dubrow Heather Dubrow."

Hehe! I love it when Shannon does that like Heather Dubrow is allegedly her name.

In all seriousness I get where both Heather and Shannon were coming from. They're both manipulative, self-centered assholes.

Shannon was having a very bad day and wanted Heather to feel bad for her and confirm what happened and issue her a thousand apologies. Heather is sick of being Shannon's latest toxic environment and is exhausted of Shannon being so upset every time she sees her. Shannon had a point that Heather should have just said Tamara did it. Heather had a point that it's absurd to tell someone how disappointed you are in them when the last time you saw them you inserted yourself into another conversation to tell said person every thing you don't like about them. Heather shouldn't have said anything to anyone. Shannon shouldn't have expected Heather to want to open up to her about anything when Shannon had just taken Tamara side hook, line, and sinker about the world's dumbest argument a few days beforehand.

They're both idiots.

• Love 6
(edited)

What is "SO bizarre to ME," Heather, is how your husband absolutely lives for this shit and you have to somehow still get it up for him to sleep with him afterward. We see him trying so hard to hold in his giddiness as the drama unfolds-- it's a little twisted and kinda bitchy, but hilarious to watch. He's like the gay best friend who gets a front row seat (with popcorn/onion rings included) to all the bitchy drama that ensues (that Heather masterly tries to evade).

I love his approach that if he just sits very still, nobody will notice he's there in the hopes there might be more drama. Joining the show was definitely his idea.

Edited by LadyBug76
  • Love 5
(edited)

Tamra told Eddie they would need to use a surrogate to have a baby. Eddie doesn't want a baby, Tamra doesn't want a baby. Is a baby the best story line they could manufacture? That's pathetic.

I FF through the entire scene and so glad I did. It's easier to read y'all's synopsis.

Edited by Raiderred

I think Shannon makes a good addition to the franchise; she's kooky enough, actually has money (unlike LOTS of the women across all HWs) and isn't afraid to sit in someone's driveway, guzzle Grey Goose mixed with Crystal Light and then barge in on a Saturday night and be all "I heard you were talking about me behind my back at a restaurant called Figs n Metamucil with that 1986 throwback ho, Tamra".  I'm sure Andy loves her.  I like to believe after David went to bed she was sitting up all night reading TWOP.  I really wish NeNe had been there to say to Terry, "You tryna be a damn BITCH".  Why did he confiscate Shannon's cocktail like that?!!  Yes, it was sad David asked her is she ok to drive----but, it was a good question.  She always looks so spooked and shocked to be out in public.  i wonder what her daily medications are?  

The Tamara baby stuff is soooooo ridiculous.  I don't even want to comment on it anymore than that, because I feel punk'd.

Lizzie looked like she had been taking bong rips before she went to the essential oil session---red eyes and conked out.  Do ya'll think she's had a breast lift or any other work done?  I can't decide.  

• Love 8

I am not watching Terry Teresa Dullbrow on Botched tonight.  I'm really looking forward to my enema instead.  Plus I read Whoville won't be on it.  She wouldn't give Shannon that delight to see she actually has to pump air into her eyebrows to make them go so high.  

But nothing shall ever, ever, EVER top this golden awards moment of Vicki in all of her glory.  For this clip alone, I shall always had a lady hard-on for her ridiculousness.

(You're very welcome to anyone hasn't yet seen this shining moment in Housewives history).  

LOVE THIS!! Love, love love!

• Love 3

Shannon is kind of annoying and a nagging bitch, but overall I like her.  She actually holds her cool pretty well when dealing with Heather.  Heather is such an irritating bitch.  Just apologize for gossiping and take your lumps, Heather.  And your husband is an oily little bitch.

Shannon looks so much like an older Emma Roberts to me.

• Love 5

But nothing shall ever, ever, EVER top this golden awards moment of Vicki in all of her glory.  For this clip alone, I shall always had a lady hard-on for her ridiculousness.

The Le Tip (over) award - a classic!

• Love 4
(edited)

Vicki, stop it.  You are not so busy that you have to gag on your protein shake while talking on the phone.  No one wants to hear that.  It's not cute.  You are not 5. 

My cousin did that shit on a family reunion in Germany last year. It drove me crazy!

BTW, what the hell was Vicki mixing in with her protein drink? Was she decanting water from a cooler or a booze dispensor?

"Skunk in the Barnyard" is the singing and clapping game that the Beador girls were playing while Shannon was getting ready to leave for Heather's:

Skunk in the barnyard

Pee ewww!

Somebody did it

Not you!

For me, the girls' game was the highlight of the show. They seemed to really be enjoying themselves.

I kinda liked that their little song summarized this ep's activities so well.

ETA: Fixed posting glitch.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 1

Alex McCord agrees with you.  Alex gives a bit more plausible account of what might have really happened.  http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/174024/rhocs_shannon_beador_is_making

I found Alex's explanation of what probably happened between Shannon and one of the producers to be car-crash crane-your-neck fascinating.  As in, bloody awful but I couldn't shut my ears.  Those Bravo production pimps.  Holy cow.  What soulless creeps.  

What is "SO bizarre to ME," Heather, is how your husband absolutely lives for this shit and you have to somehow still get it up for him to sleep with him afterward. We see him trying so hard to hold in his giddiness as the drama unfolds-- it's a little twisted and kinda bitchy, but hilarious to watch. He's like the gay best friend who gets a front row seat (with popcorn/onion rings included) to all the bitchy drama that ensues (that Heather masterly tries to evade).

I love his approach that if he just sits very still, nobody will notice he's there in the hopes there might be more drama. Joining the show was definitely his idea.

Honey, he's not watching the drama, he's gettin his fiz on camera!!  come on now.  

• Love 1

It's episodes like these that persuade me just how minor league Heather's "intellect" really is. Vets on most of the other cities would have recognized Tamra's round of runtelldat for what it was, an attempt by Tams and production to perpetuate and escalate her feud with Shannon, and accordingly shut down that narrative thread by treating Shannon with respect and compassion. As blind and deluded as NeNe Leakes is, she has managed to flip the script multiple times (teaming up with Sheree against Kim, quickly befriending Marlo then Kenya, and ultimately putting her differences with Phaedra aside). Lisa Vanderpump was lazy and disengaged on the last season of BH, and she still managed to rally the two newbies to her defense when the chips were down and there was only about a week left of filming. Heather, it seems, just can't help being an asshole, even when some sympathy would benefit her significantly. I will say that I do suspect Shannon has a problem with the drinky based upon her frequent crying jags; she also should not have gone to Heather's house, mild as her attempt at confrontation turned out to be. Concession to the perspective, as well, that seeking out Heather period was odd, but it was certainly no more bizarre than Heather talking about Shannon's marriage with third, fourth, fifth parties, etc. Such disingenuous bullshit when she recounted, "And I said, 'oh, I don't feel comfortable discussing this.'" Then why did you bring it up?! Another bald-faced lie has been captured on film when Heather contended that Shannon didn't apologize. Also, yet one more entry in the catalogue of Mrs. Dubrow's double standards: whining to Shannon that she has been held to a different standard by Tamra and Vicki, and then turning around seconds later to lecture Shannon about how she should be addressing the gossip about her marriage with Tamra and only Tamra . . . Cooling to Lizzie. I think Heather has positioned herself poorly for the reunion, with an equally astute Shannon and honey-badger Tamra potentially aligned against her.

I'm quoting all of your post Lunastartron, because this is EXACTY what I would have written..but this is already up to page 3 before I had a chance to chime in with my 2cents. You saved me lotsa typing time!

Heather is the classic 'attack you when she gets a sniff you are about to catch her out in something' type of person. Too bad Shannon wasn't strong enough to clearly call out that Heather was gossiping about her marriage/the email, etc. Heather needs someone to pull her up on that. Hey, I've been ok about Heather until now.... But she needs to get some insight into her self. She's believing her her shit doesn't stink. [sorry. I don't like to be uncouth...]

• Love 1

Let me just say, I do not think Shannon should be on this show.  On paper, it's gold:  she's smart, has money, a huge house, adorable kids, a husband who isn't a crook (as far as we know, anyway) and is a little against the grain with her hobbies.  However, her shitty marriage and fragile state of mind are not entertaining to me at all.  She seems like she's on the verge of an emotional breakdown and I'm not here for that. 

I honestly think that she would be a happier person if she got divorced.  I see no love or affection between her and David. They don't sleep in the same bed and haven't for years?  They are basically roommates.  She nags him constantly, harping on every single thing that he does, and then claims that she does it because she doesn't feel loved.  They needed counseling years ago but now they just need divorce attorneys.  It's over.

All that said, Tamra telling Heather about it at the first opportunity was a really shitty thing to do.  She also LIED about only telling Heather so that she would ease up on Shannon.  Who does she think she's kidding?  Tamra might be able to fool Shannon, a new acquaintance, about her intentions, but RHOC viewers know damn well that she was just gossiping as usual.  She has no storyline of her own so she's going to stir the pot in everyone else's drama and sit back and watch the fireworks.  She's been doing it for years now.   Also?  That long, stringy yellow hair needs to go.  Styling yourself like a teenager does not actually make you look that age.  She looks like a sad, middle-aged mom of 4 trying to hang onto her younger years and it is not a good look.

Vicki doesn't have a storyline either outside of Eeyore moving to Oklahoma.  I don't want to hear about Brooks's pink parts.  That's just disgusting.  He has no money so he probably didn't even tip his masseuse, the poor woman. 

Lizzie looks like a drag queen now, and she's going to look like a total freak in about 5-10 years.  She brings almost nothing to the table.   I don't care about her wanting a third kid.  Am I supposed to?  Is that all she has going on?  Have one or don't, stop talking about it every episode.

Heather's a bitchy piece of shit but we've known that for awhile.  Of course she took what Tamra told her about David's email and repeated it to everyone she knew.  She can't stand Shannon and I'm sure she is enjoying every moment of her marital troubles.  She made herself look like a complete bitch throwing a frail and crying Shannon out of her house like that.  I'd say that Bravo is giving her the Bitch Edit this season but it's not even editing, it's just her whole manner.  She and her bitch  (TM Nene) husband deserve each other.  I hope their kids can somehow avoid growing up to be assholes but according to Terry, CoCo is already acting like a bitch so there's that. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Re Heather's definition of 'yelling'.... Some people, myself included, find that when we are extremely emotional and upset our voices change. Maybe a change in octave? Maybe, but it's not the same as yelling at someone. It's just trying to express yourself through some pain. The most frustrating thing to hear when you are really upset and are trying to convey your feelings is the ol' "stop yelling at me" comment. In my experience, that comment is just a low blow strategy used whilst in an argument.

I don't recall Shannon ever 'yelling' at Heather. Being upset with Heather, yes.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 4

I never thought I would be defending Vickster, but the award she got is from a reputable, well-known investment organization, Allianz Life Insurance.

https://www.allianzlife.com/

The guy I used to live with is a financial advisor and I used to be invested in them in some small part, but I asked him to get me out of them several years ago.  I think it had something to do with how they handled things back in WWII or something like that (they are a German-based company).

I stand by my original statement that the reunion will be interesting.  Cockroaches always run when faced with bright light.

• Love 1

Alex McCord agrees with you.  Alex gives a bit more plausible account of what might have really happened.  http://thestir.cafem...eador_is_making

Thanks for posting that! I totally forgot she did those vlogs.

I mean, yeah, in some way she's trying to cling onto her HW fame. But hey if somebody paid me to give an "analysis" on what I think happened on a show I used to be a part of, hell yea I'd do it!  Of course it's just her interpretation of events, but I suspect she's pretty close on the mark. 

(edited)

Are we really supposed to go along with the charade that Tamra can bear children any longer?  Isn't she like 47?  This is ridiculous and I refuse to give any fucks over that storyline.

Yeah, it's about as believable as the time RHNY Ramona thought she was preggers. 

Edited by beaker73
  • Love 3