Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Breaking Point

• Start Topic

I remember reading about gang rape in India years ago.  The 2012 story of a young woman “Nirbhaya” who was gang raped on a bus and ultimately died is heartbreaking.  The Indian men who raped her said that she should not have been out after dark and it was her fault. This is an old article about this event.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31698154

My point here being, that Jenny should never be going out alone after dark.  This is an example from years ago but the attitude toward women still exists in India today.

• Love 6

Does anyone know about or have experience with submissive men? Up to this point, I was pretty much convinced that Corey was sexually fulfilled by Evelin’s crappy treatment of him. But then she started crying in last night’s episode and now I’m confused again. Is this some kind of fetish thing?

The one and only positive thing I can say about Evilin is that she's been (brutally) honest from the jump.  She does not want to get married, she does not want to have kids, she thinks Mormonism is a cult, she just flat out told Corey she's not all in the relationship...  If he's too dumb to comprehend what she's told him in so many words, cut his losses, and go home, it's all on him.

Damn you Jihoon for making Deavan the rational one this week.  She's totally right.  You had 9 months to get your shit together, and didn't.  Telling someone not to worry is as useful as telling someone to calm down.  How can she not worry when you've done zero to show her you're ready for this?

Suck it Laura.  You're the one who gave up everything for some mediocre jiggy jiggy.  No sympathy from me.

Ok, Sumit, you said you quit your job to get ready for Jenny.  She's been there for a bit now, where's your new job?  And what exactly has your family threatened you with?  Be specific, or admit you're just a wuss.

Karine is great at manipulating mother Karine, but get off your huge pregnancy ass and follow through.  I'm done with all your nonsense, unless Pole is running.

• LOL 2
  • Love 22

2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Corey is a weak piece of shit and deserves what he's getting because he gave it all up for what he thought was a pretty piece of ass, when in reality she looks like a dirty little rat. He ought to sell every single goddamned piece of equipment that he bought for that beach bar shack, and once he's cashed out all that he put into that mess, he can go home. But no way would I leave that PoS Evilin with any piece of anything to be used for her financial gain. Not one glass, not one bar stool, nada, zero, the empty set, null!

Did you notice when Evelin said to him about her ex, that he was there before you and will be there after you?  Corey didn't even seem to pick up on that.  She just flat-out told him that Corey is going to be gone one day and she will be back with her ex!

• Love 14
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I do get the feeling I'm being punked by Cory and Evilyn at times, but, it's too obvious to be completely fake, imo.  That woman is not into him. She may be going along with this storyline for the money and telling him it's all  for tv, but, she is REALLY not into him.  I just don't buy it., no matter what they end up saying.  

I'm starting to wonder if Evelyn is into anyone.

I think she's a straight up con artist and will sleep with anyone if they can help her further her goal (independence with her own successful bar).... She just doesn't seem lovable in a real way.... It's all about the $$$$ and now that corey is broke he's just a pain and she wants him gone.

Can't say I blame her because his needy little baby act is sickening... He needs to man up and  put the past in the past... Find his balls, strap them on and march into town with his head held high... or just give up and go home to mom and dad. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Kangatush said:
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I remember reading about gang rape in India years ago.  The 2012 story of a young woman “Nirbhaya” who was gang raped on a bus and ultimately died is heartbreaking.  The Indian men who raped her said that she should not have been out after dark and it was her fault. This is an old article about this event.

My point here being, that Jenny should never be going out alone after dark.  This is an example from years ago but the attitude toward women still exists in India today.

The one thing Jenny has is the TLC crew recording and travelling with her so she's probably fairly safe.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Screwed up
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

When Jihoon keeps saying "don't worry" I'm hoping he isn't thinking he'll just move the whole gang into his parents little house and live happy ever after.

I kept waiting for Devan to ask for details and why she doesn't need to worry but of course that would be too logical.  

I think that's exactly what he is planning.  Someone was saying that you need a lot of money to put down on an apartment in s. Korea.  According to him he had a lot of credit card debt and probably doesn't have sufficient savings. 

I thought he had some sort of electronics skill but it doesn't appear that he fixes electronics but just resells them.  

Not sure what the job market is like in s. Korea, but he has spent the past few years doing a job that may not require a lot of skill.  We haven't heard any word about his education or alternative skills.  Maybe he can network into a better position.....but that takes time.  

I feel sorry for the baby, but I feel no pity for devan.  She was out to trap a man to support her and drascilla.  I find it deliciously amusing that her plan bsckfired.

She picked the wrong man, but a smarter man with a better job and assets to protect would have worn a condom. 

• Love 19

Jihoon and Deavan is actually the one couple that is a true reversal of 90 Day Fiance.  He is the lame broke loser from a good country who is trying to get a foreigner to come live with him, except in this case he is a lame broke loser from South Korea and not the U.S.  Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Jihoon, he's a nice guy.  But he is just like the Americans on the parent show.

Edited by Dobian
typo
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was shocked to hear that Deaven was leaving so much behind.  The way she talked, it was an empire.  I get leaving family members, but, she didn't seem as bothered by that.  I didn't even know that she quit a job to move to Korea.  I thought she lived with her mom, had free child care, drove their car and ate their food

YES.  And Deaven suddenly seems like a thinking person and wanting structure....job, apartment, whatever.  But it must be a producer driven bunch of lines.  I can't believe a baby has given her some sense.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

YES.  And Deaven suddenly seems like a thinking person and wanting structure....job, apartment, whatever.  But it must be a producer driven bunch of lines.  I can't believe a baby has given her some sense.

I think devan has always wanted structure....as long as there was a man willing to pay for it, raise her children, and listen to devan miserably complain and whine about all she has given up and left behind for whatever schmuck she has on the hook. 

ETA: since devan has established am amazing career in the United States I'm amazed that the idea of staying in the US so that devan can pursue her career while jihoon becomes the primary caregiver was never an option that was on the table.   I mean unless devan was talking out her ass and her "established career" was a stint at the local Applebee's or hooters. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm starting to wonder if Evelyn is into anyone.

I think she's a straight up con artist and will sleep with anyone if they can help her further her goal (independence with her own successful bar).... She just doesn't seem lovable in a real way.... It's all about the $$$$ and now that corey is broke he's just a pain and she wants him gone.

Can't say I blame her because his needy little baby act is sickening... He needs to man up and  put the past in the past... Find his balls, strap them on and march into town with his head held high... or just give up and go home to mom and dad. 🙄

It was amusing for her when he had money to spend on her and do exciting things. Now that he is back home with her, no money day after day, the fun has worn off and she doesn't want him around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Promise ring??? Is Jenny 12?? How ridiculous. I can't believe she fell for that. I'm with the poster upthread who thinks his endgame is to string her along until her visa expires. I'm now thinking he's married.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, renatae said:

Promise ring??? Is Jenny 12?? How ridiculous. I can't believe she fell for that. I'm with the poster upthread who thinks his endgame is to string her along until her visa expires. I'm now thinking he's married.

Brilliant thought; I didn't even think about that before but it makes perfect sense; explains why he would have to "go home" (to his "parents") for a couple weeks.....plus it makes for trashy tv gold.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, renatae said:

I read that and instantly thought that makes perfect sense.  But then I thought why would he go on TV? I realize he still has family that will find out but if he has another wife, and televises it, he risks losing both. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, steff13 said:

Corey is reasonably attractive; he could have found a nice girl to be with, not someone so awful. 

The only thing I think of is that this relationship is his way of rebelling against something (parental and/or religious expectations?),  I am sure he could have "settled" for a nice Mormon girl and been $40k richer.  Maybe Evelin was hot when he met her.  She is looking old and tired now.  I still think she is older than they claim.

15 hours ago, politichick said:

Also, I thought he was the one who told Drascilla to call him dad. She said something to him and he said, "Not Jihoon. Dad." And what has happened to that child? Maybe they gave her a lot of sweets in the early episodes to bribe her to behave and it had the opposite effect?

I was doing a crossword puzzleand  heard someone say it.  Regardless of who said, it seems a bit early for her to do that.  But if Jihoon said it and Deavan disagreed, she should stop it.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Twopper said:

The only thing I think of is that this relationship is his way of rebelling against something (parental and/or religious expectations?),  I am sure he could have "settled" for a nice Mormon girl and been $40k richer.  Maybe Evelin was hot when he met her.  She is looking old and tired now.  I still think she is older than they claim.

I was doing a crossword puzzleand  heard someone say it.  Regardless of who said, it seems a bit early for her to do that.  But if Jihoon said it and Deavan disagreed, she should stop it.

I never thought she was attractive. He certainly is better looking than her. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I wonder if she's truly a bad cook or if she can't cook Indian food or if she can't cook for an Indian palate. If you've seen the overseas menus for American fast food restaurants the menus can be wildly different from what is available in the states.

https://m.pizzahut.co.in/products?category=pizza&id=CU00216622

I keep wondering if Sumit is planning on getting another job in their current city or if he's planning on moving somewhere else. He can't just not work. However, they live in a city with the population of 1 million. You will run into people who kind of know you or your parents in a city that size. Considering that his family doesn't much care for the idea of Sumit and Jenny being together, everyone who could be in the know absolutely knows about Sumit refusing to do his Marriage Bio-data and wanting to be with this too old white American lady.

Plus they have a camera crew following them around.  Pretty stealth these two are.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Indeed! Especially with a slit up to your ass or what looked to be a lace lingerie style top under the traditional Indian clothing! I think Jenny thinks herself quite the sex kitten now that she has a man on her arm. Um, no girl. You still look like Slimer and this ain’t Ghostbusters. Show some class and respect for the culture you are a VISITOR in and cover up. Ugh. Her behavior just strikes me as so juvenile and selfish. 

When Deavan’s first segment came on, I thought I had accidentally flipped to an episode of “The Munsters” what with her Lily Munster get up in the nightgown! Then somberly walking through the park like La Llorona in the same get up! I’m not sure what kind of “look” this is, but I was in high school during peak Goth days in the ‘90s, and none of those girls looked like the hot mess Deavan does! Then cut to her devil spawn daughter. It’s so bizarre. 

The folks  who cast this show certainly have a sick sense of humor...and I thank them for it. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Women forget pills, they take antibiotics which makes the pill ineffective, and pills do not prevent std’s.

And they LIE!  I once heard an interview with a big $ athlete who said that women have been known to retrieve a used condom out of the bathroom trash to trap a guy.  They will turn them inside out and insert, hoping to catch a swimmer and the future child support.

Solution?  A few drops of hot sauce in the condom before the garbage.  There will be a scresm...

Urban legend?  Maybe.  But it sure was good radio!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I’m no Deavan fan and I think she needs some serious parenting classes. However, I’m kind of disturbed by the overwhelming opinion that she got herself pregnant somehow and she trapped poor innocent jihoon. I think Jihoon is a nice guy so far, but he took part in impregnating a woman. She didn’t do it herself. I’ve taught my own son that even if a woman says she’s on the pill or has an iud, you still wear a condom if YOU, my son, do not want a child. Women forget pills, they take antibiotics which makes the pill ineffective, and pills do not prevent std’s. I’m kind of put off by the fact that even women do not ever hold a man accountable for a woman’s pregnancy. Jihoon is smart enough to wear a condom. If he decided not to, it was probably because he wanted the full sexual experience. Selfish. That’s on him. Both Jihoon and Deaven are to blame for the pregnancy. Not just Deaven. She did not trap him anymore than he may have been trapping her by ejaculating inside of her. Can’t get pregnant without sperm, and women don’t produce that. 

In 95% of cases I agree with you.  But I don't think devan chose a man from another country who appears very naive and sexually inexperienced by chance.

If she just likes Korean men there are plenty domestically, but those men have likely been indoctrinated enough to know that you wrap it up no matter what.  I mean most schools have sex Ed and it's a part of a lot of shows aimed at the teen and pre teen market.

Is jihoon savvy enough to know to wrap it up even if a girl says she is on the pill?  Did his parents have that conversation with him?  I don't know....over here I would think that a parent did.....not sure how other cultures come by their sexual knowledge?  

His parents seem pretty old school and the idea that someone overseas might have been planning a two week sexual escapade with their son may have not even been on their radar to precipate "the talk". 

Jihoon seems incredibly naive.  Not dumb, just naive and I could absolutely see him thinking that if devan said she had birth control covered that he didn't have to worry.  

I think devan knew what she was doing. Can't prove it....and of course she is leaving behind "all she has established.". But for someone who had so much going on in life she seems awfully eager to move herself and her child to another country where she doesn't know the language, doesn't have any discernable job skills or education to give her a hand up and doesn't seem to even know where she will be living.  

I suspect jihoon seemed like the perfect mark except he doesn't make the money to afford the lifestyle she'd like to have and doesn't seem in any great rush to do so.  He is willing to put a ring on it, help her care for drascilla and patiently listen to her constant complaints about....everything.  

I don't think this makes jihoon blameless or faultless per se.  He was dumb to not wrap it up, and he will pay for that mistake for the rest of his life.  He has a beautiful son, but devan is a joyless crone who will suck every minute of pleasure out of his life.  

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

And they LIE!  I once heard an interview with a big $ athlete who said that women have been known to retrieve a used condom out of the bathroom trash to trap a guy.  They will turn them inside out and insert, hoping to catch a swimmer and the future child support.

Solution?  A few drops of hot sauce in the condom before the garbage.  There will be a scresm...

Urban legend?  Maybe.  But it sure was good radio!

I agree with you but that’s why it is a man’s responsibility to prevent pregnancy. If anyone is that worried about a woman being desperate enough to get your condom out of the garbage, then destroy the damn thing or flush it. But this isn’t an athlete situation. Jihoon is just a random guy. I’m saying they both should take equal responsibility. Nobody forced Jihoon to have sex without protection. I have only personally known of one woman who lied to her husband and took out her IUD. Women do lie sometimes, but not all the time. Men need to be aware of this and take responsibility as well. If a man goes without a condom with some crazy bitch he met overseas, he’s a damn idiot.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

In 95% of cases I agree with you.  But I don't think devan chose a man from another country who appears very naive and sexually inexperienced by chance.

If she just likes Korean men there are plenty domestically, but those men have likely been indoctrinated enough to know that you wrap it up no matter what.  I mean most schools have sex Ed and it's a part of a lot of shows aimed at the teen and pre teen market.

Is jihoon savvy enough to know to wrap it up even if a girl says she is on the pill?  Did his parents have that conversation with him?  I don't know....over here I would think that a parent did.....not sure how other cultures come by their sexual knowledge?  

His parents seem pretty old school and the idea that someone overseas might have been planning a two week sexual escapade with their son may have not even been on their radar to precipate "the talk". 

Jihoon seems incredibly naive.  Not dumb, just naive and I could absolutely see him thinking that if devan said she had birth control covered that he didn't have to worry.  

I think devan knew what she was doing. Can't prove it....and of course she is leaving behind "all she has established.". But for someone who had so much going on in life she seems awfully eager to move herself and her child to another country where she doesn't know the language, doesn't have any discernable job skills or education to give her a hand up and doesn't seem to even know where she will be living.  

I suspect jihoon seemed like the perfect mark except he doesn't make the money to afford the lifestyle she'd like to have and doesn't seem in any great rush to do so.  He is willing to put a ring on it, help her care for drascilla and patiently listen to her constant complaints about....everything.  

I don't think this makes jihoon blameless or faultless per se.  He was dumb to not wrap it up, and he will pay for that mistake for the rest of his life.  He has a beautiful son, but devan is a joyless crone who will suck every minute of pleasure out of his life.  

How old is Jihoon? Was he a virgin who was extremely sheltered? Korean’s know about condoms and they know about women. Trust me. My daughter loves K-pop and these guys are sexy sexy sexy. He’s probably not as naive as he comes across. My daughter also knows the Korean language and knows a lot about their culture. They are very lovely men and there’s an honorific system in their language. I don’t know the correct terminology so I apologize but their laid back demeanor is cultural. I love Jihoon. I don’t think he’s that naive though. He admitted that Deaven’s look on Instagram was a fantasy for him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/20/2019 at 11:46 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I was shocked to hear that Deaven was leaving so much behind.  The way she talked, it was an empire.  I get leaving family members, but, she didn't seem as bothered by that.  I didn't even know that she quit a job to move to Korea.  I thought she lived with her mom, had free child care, drove their car and ate their food.  So, leaving that......I guess she wants all of that provided in Korea too.  I wasn't real clear why Jihoon quit his job.  Did it not pay enough money?  And, why would he not send her money during pregnancy?  Hmm.....didn't she say he offered? How will Deaven, baby and daughter have healthcare coverage in Korea?  I get the idea that she could end up really verbally berating Jihoon once married. 

Obviously, none of these people think about the reality of living expenses before they decide to move and marry.  I find that REALLY odd.  

They don’t think about that shit before getting pregnant let alone moving to a whole new country. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

How old is Jihoon? Was he a virgin who was extremely sheltered? Korean’s know about condoms and they know about women. Trust me. My daughter loves K-pop and these guys are sexy sexy sexy. He’s probably not as naive as he comes across. My daughter also knows the Korean language and knows a lot about their culture. They are very lovely men and there’s an honorific system in their language. I don’t know the correct terminology so I apologize but their laid back demeanor is cultural. I love Jihoon. I don’t think he’s that naive though. He admitted that Deaven’s look on Instagram was a fantasy for him. 

Jihoon is in his 20s and he comes off as extremely sheltered and naive to me.  I don't know if kpop stars are a reflection on the general knowledge of the average young Korean.  Unless what you're saying is that the loop stars are giving out safe sex messages in their music the same way shows teen and preteen entertainment here often has a message about sexual protection? No one in Hollywood is reflective of me in really any way at all, but there are messages through the entertainment medium that I'm sure reach me.  

But what I've seen of jihoon leads me to believe he is extremely naive.  I would not be shocked to learn that jihoon had never had a girlfriend before or if he did it was one and it was relatively brief and involved getting no further than second base.

The fact that he hasn't once mentioned or questioned paternity makes me think he is naive.  I think the average 20 something man in the US would ask a few questions after a woman showed up pregnant after a two week sexcapade.  

It never once occured to him that the baby might not be his....which doesn't seem very savvy at all. 

Were they even in a "committed" relationship when she flew from another country for a two week sexcapade?  A savvier man would have asked a few more questions about why she was doing this when she was young and looked pretty able to get a guy in the US.   And even if he didn't ask a few questions be would have been suspicious enough to wrap it all the way up no matter what.

And if he knew she had a kid, she was so hot for his dick that she put her kid off on someone to fly to another country?  I think a savvier man....even a young one would have asked the question or would have been much more suspicious.

And he just comes off as incredibly naive to me.  He does not seem slightly savvy, in any way.  From his job to his dorky jokes to his slipping the engagement ring in the champagne.  

ETA: I don't know if jihoons naivete and the fact that I think devan had a plan functionally makes jihoon any less responsible for the pregnancy.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5

The caption said Jihoon is 29. He's well past the age when he should know better, but he does seem immature for his age. 

I thought that Jihoon flew to the U.S. for their initial meeting. Either way, I want to know how exactly they could afford it. Flights between Korea and Utah are not cheap. Also, I thought they spent two weeks in a hotel. That's a lot of money for two people who are under-employed. 

I do hope that those two can make things work though. Jihoon seems sweet and I love the way he really tries with the demon spawn too instead of just focusing on his biological child. I fear that the odds are stacked against them though. The job market is really tough for young people in Korea and living costs are very high. Deaven is going to be worse than useless and she won't be satisfied with what he can provide. Maybe they would be better off if he came to the U.S., she worked, and they lived with her parents until he could get the language skills and Visa to obtain a job. At least her parents have the room and hot running water! Oh who am I kidding, Deaven wouldn't work to support him 

Edited by cynic
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Jihoon is in his 20s and he comes off as extremely sheltered and naive to me.  I don't know if kpop stars are a reflection on the general knowledge of the average young Korean.  Unless what you're saying is that the loop stars are giving out safe sex messages in their music the same way shows teen and preteen entertainment here often has a message about sexual protection? No one in Hollywood is reflective of me in really any way at all, but there are messages through the entertainment medium that I'm sure reach me.  

But what I've seen of jihoon leads me to believe he is extremely naive.  I would not be shocked to learn that jihoon had never had a girlfriend before or if he did it was one and it was relatively brief.  

The fact that he hasn't once mentioned or questioned paternity makes me think he is naive.  I think the average 20 something man in the US would ask a few questions after a woman showed up pregnant after a two week sexcapade.  

It never once occured to him that the baby might not be his....which doesn't seem very savvy at all. 

Were they even in a "committed" relationship when she flew from another country for a two week sexcapade?  A savvier man would have asked a few more questions about why she was doing this when she was young and looked pretty able to get a guy in the US. 

And if he knew she had a kid, she was so hot for his dick that she put her kid off on someone to fly to another country?  I think a savvier man....even a young one would have asked the question or would have been much more suspicious.

And he just comes off as incredibly naive to me.  He does not seem slightly savvy, in any way.  From his job to his dorky jokes to his slipping the engagement ring in the champagne.  

I brought up Kpop because it is very popular everywhere, especially in Korea. There are also several k-dramas that my daughter watches and I have the pleasure of watching. They can be very sexual in nature. While Hollywood doesn’t represent you or I as individuals, it is how we get our entertainment and I’m assuming Korean television is how Jihoon gets his entertainment. Korea and Japan are similar. The Korean language comes from Japanese and anime is known to be highly sexual when it comes to the portrayal of women. It is naive of us to believe that Jihoon knows nothing about sex or protection at his age. I did find an article to try to figure it out. Most of my search for “Korean sex education” provided porn sites. https://thegrandnarrative.com/2010/02/01/sex-education-south-korea/

• Love 1
On 8/20/2019 at 2:50 PM, Hellohappylife said:

Also agree. Jihoon is a nice guy but he still looks and acts very much like a teenage boy, not a worry in the world,no sense of direction of where he wants his life to go. 

I might be the odd one out,but deaven’s “model” pictures are confusing. In the photo’s she has flawless skin,makeup,hair,teeth.  But yet we only see the dirty dry bird nest hair, oily skin and  blemishes, dark yellow teeth. Sure a lot of models look nothing like the photo’s in person, but come on? Can’t you atleast do your hair,whiten your teeth a little so that people aren’t completely feeling catfished and cheated when they see you in person? 

I thought Deaven looked beautiful during her C section with no makeup, but girl needs to take out those ratty extensions, go with a more natural color, and do something with the yellow teeth. She’d be a knockout with red hair.

Jihoon is too cute to snark on. When she met him, he was a naive young man living with his parents and working a job that may not pay much. All the sudden he needs a better job and an apartment? Maybe she can do online work and let Jihoon mind the kids. Dracula really responds well to him. 

Oh Jenny you poor mark. A promise ring at sixty? Get a ticket home and return with your daughter and daughter in law. That was a nice scene, actually made me like Jenny. 

Skipper home sick. Skipper cry and sit on the beach all pink and petulant. Aladin has made a Herculean effort to harvest the American/Canadian Dollar, but at this point, I think he’s given up. Let’s face it, a good looking man of 29 walking around with the Skipper on his arm. Not buying it.

Couldnt care less about slow, sulky Karine. She’s such an unpleasant lump. 

Run Pole, run! Run as fast as your little alligator legs will take you.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Brilliant thought; I didn't even think about that before but it makes perfect sense; explains why he would have to "go home" (to his "parents") for a couple weeks.....plus it makes for trashy tv gold.

@renatae  I'm now thinking he's married.

And Jenny's complaint of feeling like a mistress fits right in

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I brought up Kpop because it is very popular everywhere, especially in Korea. There are also several k-dramas that my daughter watches and I have the pleasure of watching. They can be very sexual in nature. While Hollywood doesn’t represent you or I as individuals, it is how we get our entertainment and I’m assuming Korean television is how Jihoon gets his entertainment. Korea and Japan are similar. The Korean language comes from Japanese and anime is known to be highly sexual when it comes to the portrayal of women. It is naive of us to believe that Jihoon knows nothing about sex or protection at his age. I did find an article to try to figure it out. Most of my search for “Korean sex education” provided porn sites. https://thegrandnarrative.com/2010/02/01/sex-education-south-korea/

I agree that jihoon probably knows about/knew about condoms.  But I think it's a different degree of savvy for a guy to say "yeah, I know you're on birth control....but let me go ahead and wrap it up anyways"

Which is what guys should do and which is what you've had the forethought to teach your sons.  Even if a woman is absolutely on BC and has no plans to trap anyone....everyone doing everything is the best plan.  

Not to mention that BC (unless it's the female condom) offers no STD protection.

• Love 4

In one of the first segments where Jihoon was talking about himself, he was in Korea and zooming around on a moped/scooter, I thought he said something about how he had been having fun, and that was over now. He worded it very awkwardly, I think he was trying not to be crass, but I took it as him saying he'd been "sowing his wild oats", maybe something like "bad boy" I wish I could remember. Based on that I didnt think he was an inexperienced virgin when he took up with Deavan.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, LilMissKnowitall said:

In one of the first segments where Jihoon was talking about himself, he was in Korea and zooming around on a moped/scooter, I thought he said something about how he had been having fun, and that was over now. He worded it very awkwardly, I think he was trying not to be crass, but I took it as him saying he'd been "sowing his wild oats", maybe something like "bad boy" I wish I could remember. Based on that I didnt think he was an inexperienced virgin when he took up with Deavan.

Hard to say, as his English may not be good enough to get his ideas across.

Hinoon is attracted to White women, and Deviant is attracted to Asian men. Nothing wrong with that, and in that regard I’m happy they found what they wanted. The  problem is whether that attraction  will be enough to get them over the many hurdles that await. 

I do agree that Deviant looks much better without makeup. That kabuki look is not only bad, it’s the wrong country.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I feel bad for Jihoon because the little monster, drusilla will be sleeping in bed with them and she is referred to as “the baby”. I think she’s past that age. Who’s the baby now? Certainly not the actual baby! Will Jihoon be allowed to discipline his own child? Or will Deaven insist on un-parenting like she has so far? And who the fuck names their kid Druscilla? Isn’t that the name of one of the wicked step-sister’s in the old Cinderella cartoon? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LilMissKnowitall said:

I don't think Jihoon is as naive as he is coming across. His English is halting (better than Deavan's Korean, though) and I know that often Asian people are hesitant to speak English (even though on the other hand they like to practice) because they would be embarrassed to make a mistake. So I think he's even more careful when he's speaking. I'm sure he has friends, and a social life in Korea. He was looking around online for a "fantasy girl". He's no sweet young inexperienced lad who needed to be coaxed into bed. I do like him though. He seems to have a sweet nature. Deavan is such a wet blanket. Does she ever smile? 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Nowhere said:

or flush it.

Just don't ever do this unless you want to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars to have your plumbing all ripped out and redone.

Jihoon is a fool, but he's also responsible for his stupid decisions. That includes raw-dogging Deavan for three weeks while on vacation.

• Love 2

Wasn't there one of the 90 Days where the guy went to meet the "love of his life", who disappeared after the first meeting,  so he contacted his second choice,  only to find out he was married & this was done to get publicity for their photography business or something?   Maybe Samut does have a family & he's trying to gain publicity for something.   I am not all that familiar with the Indian culture,  but to have such a strong fear of his parents at his age seems odd... but then again,  Jenny had been to India before & met his parents.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I may not be remembering correctly,  I thought it was said Jihoon came to visit Deavon and they immediately went to one if those "rent by the hour" motels.  I thought she said the other night that he knew she was pregnant before he even left.  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Wasn't there one of the 90 Days where the guy went to meet the "love of his life", who disappeared after the first meeting,  so he contacted his second choice,  only to find out he was married & this was done to get publicity for their photography business or something?   Maybe Samut does have a family & he's trying to gain publicity for something.   I am not all that familiar with the Indian culture,  but to have such a strong fear of his parents at his age seems odd... but then again,  Jenny had been to India before & met his parents.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I may not be remembering correctly,  I thought it was said Jihoon came to visit Deavon and they immediately went to one if those "rent by the hour" motels.  I thought she said the other night that he knew she was pregnant before he even left.  

That was Ricky/Melissa/Ximina.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

Maybe Samut does have a family & he's trying to gain publicity for something.   I am not all that familiar with the Indian culture,  but to have such a strong fear of his parents at his age seems odd... but then again,  Jenny had been to India before & met his parents.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I dated a couple of guys around Sumit's age, and both hid me from their families--one, who liked white women exclusively, had parents who lived in the US, and ultimately married a white woman. The other, whose parents were in India, ultimately entered a seemingly happy arranged marriage with a nice-looking Indian woman. Now, it may have been just that our respective relationships were too casual at the time to discuss me with their respective parents, but having to stay quiet in the living room while a guy speaks to his parents on the phone in Gujrati about no thank you, he is not interested in meeting Auntie's daughter for a proposal, was a new one for me. Family is very important in some cultures, and while I don't know much about Indian culture, there is definitely some familial influence well into your 30s, and probably beyond.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/20/2019 at 9:57 AM, pickle said:

They don't need to watch on tv. All that is needed is one of his friends or neighbours or acquaintance to just gossip and spread the news. 😄

Or notice the camera crew.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I was shocked to hear that Deaven was leaving so much behind.  The way she talked, it was an empire.  I get leaving family members, but, she didn't seem as bothered by that.  I didn't even know that she quit a job to move to Korea.  I thought she lived with her mom, had free child care, drove their car and ate their food.  So, leaving that......I guess she wants all of that provided in Korea too.  I wasn't real clear why Jihoon quit his job.  Did it not pay enough money?  And, why would he not send her money during pregnancy?  Hmm.....didn't she say he offered? How will Deaven, baby and daughter have healthcare coverage in Korea?  I get the idea that she could end up really verbally berating Jihoon once married. 

Obviously, none of these people think about the reality of living expenses before they decide to move and marry.  I find that REALLY odd.  

I thought Jihoon owned his own business selling used phones.  Maybe he means he closed the business rather than quit his job?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I thought Jihoon owned his own business selling used phones.  Maybe he means he closed the business rather than quit his job?

This was a surprise to me too and I'm not sure if it was done for drama?  I would have thought reselling phones mostly took place online so it seems odd that he can't just buy/sell fewer phones?  

I had thought it would be more like what Jason was doing....cha-ching!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Just don't ever do this unless you want to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars to have your plumbing all ripped out and redone.

Jihoon is a fool, but he's also responsible for his stupid decisions. That includes raw-dogging Deavan for three weeks while on vacation.

Worth it if you’re hiding your sperm from Deavan? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Worth it if you’re hiding your sperm from Deavan? 

LOL.  Maybe you can save it and flush it down someone else's toilet?  Is there a toilet in a "hot sheet" hotel?  How have we put a man on the moon but haven't developed a flushable condom????

• LOL 7

SUUUUMEAT and Jenny-  Sweet that her daughter and her wife came.  Sumit seems to really love her.  I hope he's the real deal and isn't scaming her in some way.  Jenny seems sweet, even though she is a bit clueless.

Jiggyjiggy and Laura- I mean she traveled there and has visited there before; it seems she would know what to expect somewhat.  It was nice of him to comfort her.

Evilin and cabbage patch face baby corey-  Is there anyone in Egabao she hasn't slept with?  If this story line is true, he should have left right then.

Deavan, Dracula, and JiJitzu- Dracula looked like the child vampire in the Lost Boys in the past two episodes.  She acted much better; it was nice to see some positive interaction between her and the rest of her family without thrown bowls.  I don't think it was wrong of Deavan to ask Jijitzu to get a job.  I mean she let it slide for 9 months that he wasn't contribuiting anything to the baby he helped make, so I don't think it's really wrong to ask him to provide something when she's moving to a new country and can't work for however long it is to pay for her and his baby and the other kid he wants to parent.  His parents are amazing.

Tiffani and Robbing Ronald- The bigger question she needs to be asking is : Are she and daniel safe in their own home with a felon with a former (cough cough wink wink) drug and gambling problem?

Pol and slug- UGH!  Why did you make an innocent baby with this loser, Sluggie?  She has a good mama; far more than what she deserves and her mom gave her a huge out- your baby is loved and will be supported and I will take care of you; you don't need Pol.  And yet still stupid sluggie will not leave him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 8/20/2019 at 10:24 PM, Emmeline said:

I agree. I remember one of the trips The Amazing Race team went on, and they all had to take buses to one of their destinations. The women were all groped because they were considered fair game for traveling on the buses - in broad daylight. Sometimes I hate the producers of that show for what they put the contestants through. Also Survivor.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, renatae said:

I agree. I remember one of the trips The Amazing Race team went on, and they all had to take buses to one of their destinations. The women were all groped because they were considered fair game for traveling on the buses - in broad daylight. Sometimes I hate the producers of that show for what they put the contestants through. Also Survivor.

Im generally open to the idea of prodcuer hijinx and histrionics.

But when jenny was walking through rhe streets at night I noticed that there were like two other women on the street at night.  One of them was accompanied by a man.  It was jarring and nothing the producers could have arranged.  

It made me think that sumit's alarm might be warranted.  What a scary, scary environment to live in. 

That Jenny would then choose to basically try to blackmail sumit into coming home with the spectre of a future assault was just....something else. 

I just wanted to shake her and say....the danger is real, don't put yourself in real danger to punish a man.....you're worth more than that.  If he doesn't want to come home....you do you and go home.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Will Jihoon be allowed to discipline his own child? Or will Deaven insist on un-parenting like she has so far? And who the fuck names their kid Druscilla? Isn’t that the name of one of the wicked step-sister’s in the old Cinderella cartoon?  

Apparently, there was a character in Buffy the Vampire Slayer named Drusilla. I think Deaven spells it Drascilla.

Every time I hear the name, though, I can't help but think of Drusilla, sister of Caligula and rumored to have been his lover and partner in his heinously cruel reign. Brrr.

ETA: I checked and found that one of Cinderella's step-sisters was named Drizella which has often been misspelled as Drusilla, so you were right.

Edited by renatae
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5