Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Real Life and Real Wife

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I watched today on MyLifetime replay, and they never showed Dr. Viviana.  Can someone summarize?

Mobile detailing is the bomb!  Taking your car to a car wash for detailing, you don't know if you will have to wait forever through a line.  And their focus is getting people in and out, not trying to do an A+ job with the details.  If you want a thorough detailing, that's not what they are equipped to do, plus it would take hours anyway.  So being able to just sit in your house (or at work, wherever) while they do it, is great!

And now that Jamie didn't say anything about it right when it happened, it will make it that much harder to bring it up later.  Simply saying something like, "Since you didn't bring a dog bowl, let's designate which glass/bowls will be for the dogs," would have been so easy for Jamie, and gotten Beth in the habit of knowing that someone else is affected by what she does.

Sorry, can't hate on it.  For whatever reason, I love Sonic!  And the nearest one to me is over an hour away, which is not worth it, even for Sonic.  So when I visit my sons in college, I always look forward to the trip back, since we go right past the Sonic on the way home!

OK so maybe I'm the only one, but I can def relate to Deonna with this.  Too many compliments would come off to me as insincere and too needy.  I think Pastor Cal was very wrong in his reaction, especially to compare to what "a lot of other women would want".  There's a reason that the Bell Curve exists, and I bet he would be quite salty if there was something that he didn't want, and some know-it-all came and told him about what "a lot of other men would want", so he should be fine with it.

Dr. Viviana checked Beth on her outlandish behavior during unfiltered.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Iris fake upset over the empty box of condoms....

She was ranting about the empty box...

She should have been  doing a happy dance....the gold coin foils are magnums...

Something tells me Iris knows what Keith is working with. 😜😜😜

Deonna, though? Poor thing probably has no idea about Greg. And might not care, sadly. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Girl he has two ovens. The meals I could make in that kitchen ...

I forgot about the ovens.  I don't know whether Miss Deonna was making fun of them, or if she was envious. 😒

• Love 3
6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm taking a poll (just roll with it--tm Jamie): Who amongst you would consider having your car "detailed" while you were, say, at work or maybe at a movie? Does he think people want this done at their home, maybe on their driveway? Better hope for sunny days, Matty!

I do.  So do most of my coworkers.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

You just ruined Jamie’s day...BigRedChardonney frenches her dogs when she’s not kissing him....

Save some for daddy though. He said her heart is his forever.

1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Hi Greg 😉.  If this Deonna thing doesn't work out and it won't, do look me up.  I am quite smitten.

The marriage would have been consummated that night and every night (and/or day, whatever) thereafter that he was willing. I'm SMITTEN as all hell.

58 minutes ago, topanga said:

Then clean up your grammar, brother. "We was..." and "You was..." Greg does seem like a smart guy, but grammar lapses like those make me scream. It's like nails on a chalk board. 

I see comments like this often but you know, a lot of times people talk like the family they were raised in. You may have one way of speaking for school/work and another at home. One way of speaking if you've moved far from home and then you lapse back to the way your community speaks when you go back to visit. It doesn't mean you are less educated. I take it as a sign that Greg is comfortable with Deonna because he's not using a more formal speech pattern like he might at work. 

• Love 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I see comments like this often but you know, a lot of times people talk like the family they were raised in. You may have one way of speaking for school/work and another at home. One way of speaking if you've moved far from home and then you lapse back to the way your community speaks when you go back to visit. It doesn't mean you are less educated. I take it as a sign that Greg is comfortable with Deonna because he's not using a more formal speech pattern like he might at work. 

Yes, I get what you're saying about Greg's grammar.  However, since he's on tv, I do think that he should be more mindful about using correct grammar.  (If I were on tv, it's not grammar that would be my problem, it would be cursing.)

But then, I've heard much worse than what Greg said.  What really gets me is "(fill in name) and I's."  

Edited by Ohwell
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Ohwell said:

It's nice to be proud of one's body, but I wish Elizabeth would stop trying to show off hers.  *coughflatasscough* 

And, what is it with her dress being so short that she can barely sit on it and not have her undies showing in the unfiltered episode. Not attractive

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, cinsays said:

And, what is it with her dress being so short that she can barely sit on it and not have her undies showing in the unfiltered episode. Not attractive

and the boobs coming out!

• Love 3

I think Jamie will say he wants to stay married to Elizabeth on decision day but when the dust settles and they're out of the spotlight and he's had enough sex, I think he's gonna bail.  I just don't see him living with this slovenly daddy's girl.

• Love 12

Starting up now, and agree with people who used to think Greg was kind of odd looking but now is the cutest one. Love his personality. Laughed at his response to Deonna's brushes: "There's one face, though."

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
(edited)

The amount of time these couples spend together during their first week would amount to 15-20 dates in the real world, not to mention sharing every meal and sleeping in the same bed.

I doubt people outside the show would date someone that much and not be physically affectionate and at least making out on the regular. Would they still be insisting their dates were strangers? 

Deonna and Iris still being so standoffish is downright weird and I strongly doubt Greg or Keith would go along with it IRL. This is a unique situation and the men are trying to be "patient and considerate" in front of the cameras, but come one. Greg and Keith haven't gotten so much as a meaningful goodnight kiss yet!

Edited by 2727
  • Love 8

Okay,  I'll admit it: I didn't Google "mobile car detailing" because I was confusing it with "air-brushing." I pictured Matt going around to industrial parks painting flames on Chevys!

But now that I am woke, heh, I'm going to research local detailing companies! 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Okay,  I'll admit it: I didn't Google "mobile car detailing" because I was confusing it with "air-brushing." I pictured Matt going around to industrial parks painting flames on Chevys!

But now that I am woke, heh, I'm going to research local detailing companies! 

I think instead of flames, he would paint pictures of himself in middle school. 

• LOL 12
(edited)
23 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Sandy needs a bigger cage. She’s so sweet. 

I think her crate is the right size - it should be tall enough that she can stand up straight and deep and wide enough that she can turn around. Any larger and it's ineffective for housebreaking. If she's housebroken, it doesn't necessarily hurt to have it larger but a lot of dogs like the enclosed space - to simulate a cave...

Deonna is coming around but these stupid voices that she puts on are very irritating. I didn't understand why she was telling Greg that the dog has issues around men when she spent the last 10 years working on herself and wasn't in any serious relationships. It sounded like a made up comment. I really like Greg. I think these two have a shot now though.

She could know Sandy is nervous around men even without having had a boyfriend. If she got Sandy from a rescue, they may have told her that and they may actually have adopted Sandy to a single family because of that. Or it could be something that Deona could have observed taking the dog to the vet, the dog park, on walks, whatever. Before I married, I didn't date anyone for a long time. My dog was the opposite of Sandy - she LOVED men. I'd have friends over or whatever and she was a terrible flirt. There could be a room full of women and one man and my dog would pick him out and look at him adoringly until he paid attention to her. 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

Her body is NOT good....she has zero muscle tone....having big boobs doesn’t make you have a good body. Good for her for having positive body image...but she crossed from confident to conceited.

• Love 9

Just catching up but I'd like to comment that I think Jamie is so excited about sexy time he doesn't care what the dog does!  

These couples are all ill matched and have strange habits!  I can see why they signed up to get a spouse!

Iris and Deonna need to get it on otherwise I'm going to think they are both used to satisfying themselves and don't want or need a man!  

Amber is the deer that surrenders to the hunter at least that's how Matt acts!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, topanga said:

Then clean up your grammar, brother. "We was..." and "You was..." Greg does seem like a smart guy, but grammar lapses like those make me scream. It's like nails on a chalk board. 

Oh I know! Grammar is the WORST on this show and every season it is horrible.

The production people don't even catch it!

• Love 1

First off what the hell is the creepy nightvision footage from above the cabinets of Amber in next weeks preview if they are getting filmed 24/7 in their living areas then that is a whole new low. Is the new shared apartment complex more to do with finding a complex that would allow them to record the couples including sound 24/7. Are they really so desperate for ratings that the only place that the couples get privacy is in their bedrooms and bathrooms and even then they may be heard. I wonder if the couples knew that they were going to be filmed 24/7 not just when the camera crew was around.

amber_night.thumb.jpg.7c189331daaa0bdaa67984ef207a514e.jpg

• Love 2

I live in Sonic country. I can drive to three separate ones in 15 minutes or less. And I do far too often. I love their ice in a obsessive and stalkerish way. Their cokes are almost always well mixed too. So when the promo placement appeared all I could think was that, at least in my case, they know their audience very well! 

Amber makes me sad because we can all see the inevitable end coming but she seems blinded by her needy, clingy love for the wandering manchild. 

Iris, who I tend to think is the most beautiful woman who has ever been on this show, had some competition this week with Deonna and her hair poof. She’s a pretty woman but with her hair up like that it enhanced her face in a lovely way. 

I thought Iris and Keith handled condom-gate with a nice amount of maturity and well-reasoned discussion. Color me pleasantly surprised. 

I can’t decide if any of these couples stand a chance. I would say it’s 50/50 but we all know that past statistics don’t hold that high a chance for the couples on this show. It’s a bit depressing. You know what would get my mind off that? A creamy Sonic shake, made with real ice cream, half price after 8:00 p.m. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

I normally wouldn't be in favor of Deonna and Iris being intimate just because they're married, but dang.

Unlike other couples we've seen, they haven't had huge arguments or blowups with their husbands, the guys are not gaslighting them, smoking dope out on the balcony, being deceitful or keeping women on the side (that we know of). 

Untuck and try a little petting! Kissing is fun and they're never going to stay married if they're not open to any physical closeness.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

You can buy an 8 pound bag of nugget ice for $2

When I first discovered that fact I swear the sun burst through the clouds and angels sang a refrain about the beauty of good ice. It made me extraordinarily happy and I almost always have a bag in my freezer. Yes I chomp on it like Matt but I know I’m not that loud. Was he chewing with his mouth open and the mike somehow in there as he chewed? 

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, Gurkel said:

Possibly, but it's just the thought of your dogs tongue touching poop, dead animals, urine, random bones, and anything else on the ground then touching your face or your dishes. 

Actually, if your dog just licked another dog's poop, and his tongue touches your tongue, you good get the E. coli from the other dog's poop get a bad infection. 

I know for a fact that my dog doesn’t do that (because we watch him closely). But I can’t get a bad infection from many other things too. That’s where immunity kicks in. I grew up with dogs licking me and kissing them and I haven’t gotten a thing. 

• Love 4

Greg is by far my favorite!  He's definitely seems like he's ready to settle down. I do wonder how many women would want to live and have a family in a house that's already furnitured, every room has probably been " christened. " Could Greg possibly still have control issues if he thinks his wife wouldn't want to buy a house together?

• Love 1
(edited)

We are seeing the Greg that has evolved from his past engagement and admitted toxic relationship involving control issues and jealousy.

He says that with therapy he has become the man that is before Deonna.

On paper, Greg is dream boat.

Educated: BS and MS...math major

Homeowner: Swoon...we need to see more of that house...

Business owner: Math tutoring...lots of busy parents with kids...cash cow

Humble servant: Parking lot ministry...in all weather they make the first impression for visitors to the church...unsung heroes...

Deonna does look more at ease with Greg at the end of the honeymoon, their senses of humor are vibeing...

Greg needs to go full Ricky Bobby...hopefully that will win Deonna's trust

Sandy will be his secret weapon...he needs to walk, brush, play, talk to Sandy especially when Deonna is reflexively retreating back into her protective shell....

He needs to date Deonna...flowers, romantic dinners, gift her with a shot glass from Antigua, fun spontaneous activities, host get togethers for the couples' friends, avoid sounding insincere with the copious compliments...

Deonna missed dating in her 20s and need to do the fun things singleton couples do

Family church... hoping she feels comfortable with his church if not, then they should look for another church together

If none of this works, then Greg will have no problem attracting women that are willing to share his awesome kitchen porch deck life with him.

Deonna will also find success with her next relationship unless she decides that she still is not ready to move forward.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 16
(edited)

On the flip side, why were Matt and Amber chosen?

These two are trains rushing towards each other on the same track....

We are watching between our fingers, knowing that it will be sad and gory...

Matt is having to come to grips with the end of his playing days, a broken family in emotional shambles, how to make a living without a ball.

Amber...where to start?

Why expose her anxieties, her deep seated pain from her mother's abandonment, her insecurities, her clingliness, her desperation for a relationship...she is an open wound...

They seem done with each other even before they left Antigua.

They can be friends with benefits until Decision day...

Matt needs a place to live...albeit temporary

Amber seems happy to have any relationship...albeit temporary...

They have to longest row to hoe.

But they could be the Jephte and Shawniece of this season....but please, no Matthew Gwynne V....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
(edited)

You can buy an 8 pound bag of nugget ice for $2

OMG - WHERE?!?!?!?!?!?

Greg is by far my favorite!  He's definitely seems like he's ready to settle down. I do wonder how many women would want to live and have a family in a house that's already furnitured, every room has probably been " christened. " Could Greg possibly still have control issues if he thinks his wife wouldn't want to buy a house together?

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest -it just makes good financial sense to buy a house and not be paying rent... I wouldn't expect him to be living in it unfurnished. It helps that Greg has spectacular taste and that is one gorgeous house. And he knows what chair rail is! That man is a keeper.

I was older when I got married so my husband and I both owned our homes. For a whole variety of reasons, we sold mine and live in his. We did a substantial renovation which made it feel more "ours" but that wasn't the main reason we did it - it had some functional issues that the renovation solved. And my husband is proudly "the cheapest guy he knows" so he realized the furniture needed an upgrade. There are a lot of ways for a couple to make a home "theirs" even if one of them owned it and lived in it previously.

Sandy will be his secret weapon...he needs to walk, brush, play, talk to Sandy especially when Deonna is reflexively retreating back into her protective shell....

I love me some Sandy but goldies shed like mad. Greg can definitely make brushing her a full time job!

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

He needs to date Deonna...flowers, romantic dinners, gift her with a shot glass from Antigua, fun spontaneous activities, host get togethers for the couples' friends, avoid sounding insincere with the copious compliments...

If he did all those things for Deonna, she would find a way to call him insincere with all that attention.  The man can't win with her. 

ETA:  or she'd complain that he was slathering her with too much attention.

Edited by Ohwell
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Your local Sonic should have bags of their signature nugget ice for sale.

Give them a call.

When you get there ask for a freshly scooped bag...

Hint: Bring a portable ice chest and gel packs with you to the drive in, you want to preserve the nuggets until you get home.

Melted nuggets do not refreeze to the same consistency...

Thoroughly chill the beverage you are pouring over the nugget ice...you don't want to melt the top 4 inches of the texturally awesome ice with warm liquid....

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

If Greg is going to love Sandy then he will have to be okay with her

hair floating  in the air and clinging to every surface in the house, in the car, in his food......

In another condo, Jamie will be skeeved out by BigRed's messy ways compounded with her dogs....

Dharma and Daisy are not Henry and Nellie.

• Love 2

Too bad they didn't have a female applicant who really wanted an organized home in which everything was clean and in its place to match with Jaime.  Oh, wait a minute, they had the professional organizer... But, no, it would be way more fun to pair Jamie with a female who is messy, sloppy, and enjoys chaos.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Poor Dharma & Daisy... can't really blame the furkids for the furmom's issues.

Sandy is better behaved, but calmer - maybe an older goldie.

Love to see more of Jamie's kitty- such a cutie.

I love cats & dogs but with all our allergies can only enjoy them through the screen. 😞

Yes, please no babies this season - these people need time together.

• Love 3

Late to the party, but dogs pick up on their owner’s energy, so Sandy may be wary of men or new people because Deonna is wary.

Also, did anyone notice what was folded up on the top of Jaime’s fridge?  Looked a tad like a certain flag to me.  

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

If he did all those things for Deonna, she would find a way to call him insincere with all that attention.  The man can't win with her. 

ETA:  or she'd complain that he was slathering her with too much attention.

Ya, can’t picture Deonna the funster going for any of that, unless he promises not to speak or something.  They can just match outfits   

What’s up with her crap collections?  Every room seemed to have one.  Guess he’ll have to get used to that mess, too.  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Funny; I thought that Greg simply chose non-traditional grammar then.

Thank you. I never understand the people that are so upset at improper grammar when people are casually speaking. I know I say things that are not grammatically correct all the time; it's called slang, or sometimes it's for emphasis. These people aren't reading off a script, and they aren't meeting the queen. I just don't think it's a big deal at all.

• Love 8
On 7/17/2019 at 10:09 PM, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Jamie is so OCD! His entire place was in neat, perfectly-aligned order... and then Beth comes along with the sage smoker, "purifying" his junk and letting her dogs drink from human water-glasses.

I absolutely see trouble ahead...

They call him "Mr. Picky" - I wonder if super-annoying girls like Elizabeth are his "type" - he finds them charming at first, but that's why he ends up dumping them all 😄 

On 7/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, Gurkel said:

I wish I could get a truly honest answer from these cast members about why they're doing this show. The answers they give on camera: trouble finding love, history of bad relationships, I don't trust myself to choose, etc. explain why they might try online dating or even use a professional matchmaking service. But to go on reality TV and agree to an arranged marriage? That's something else entirely. 

IMO they want to be on tv.  Some of them would like to meet a partner, and if they happen to get a good one it's gravy, but their main motivation is their 15 minutes. 

On 7/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, Gurkel said:

And I didn't mind Iris's picky preferences as much I got tired of her saying husband. "Okay, Husband, you don't have to use drawer liners, Husband. But I'm going to use liners in my drawers, Husband."

Actually, she said, "Iris is going to use liners in Iris' drawers.  That's what made me want to give her a slap. 😄 

And WTF is with the women on this show wanting to share bathrooms?  Sheesh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Deonna's "script": I haven't been in a relationship for 10 years. (Followed by several words of non-importance.) then: I haven't been in a relationship for 10 years. (Followed by several words of non-importance.) I haven't been in a relationship for 10 years. (Followed by several words of non-importance.) then: I haven't been in a relationship for 10 years. (Followed by several words of non-importance.) I haven't been in a relationship for 10 years. (Followed by several words of non-importance.) then: I haven't been in a relationship for 10 years. (Followed by several words of non-importance.) I haven't been in a relationship for 10 years. (Followed by several words of non-importance.) then: I haven't been in a relationship for 10 years.

TV viewers:  yawn. yawn. yawn.

Deonna: "Careful Greg, Sandy doesn't like men." Hmmm, if you haven't been in a relationship in 10 years (wait, have I heard that somewhere before?) how the hell do you know your dog doesn't like men. Unless of course you have projected your disdain for men onto your dog. Greg, you'd have a better marriage if you divorced Deonna and married the damn dog. At least the dog appears to be happy to see you (see the tail wagging?) Nothing wags on Deonna when she's with Greg.

Moving on to Amber: "You know I have abandonment issues so every time you blink, breathe or fart without me, I feel like you're leaving me." Followed by "Oh my husband is so cute, so perfect, I just love him." Followed by "You know I have abandonment issues so every time you blink, breathe or fart without me, I feel like you're leaving me." Followed by "Oh my husband is so cute, so perfect, I just love him." Followed by "You know I have abandonment issues so every time you blink, breathe or fart without me, I feel like you're leaving me." Followed by "Oh my husband is so cute, so perfect, I just love him." Followed by "You know I have abandonment issues so every time you blink, breathe or fart without me, I feel like you're leaving me."

TV viewers: Yawn. yawn. yawn.

So Matt doesn't have a paying job at the moment but he's driving a BMW SUV????????? Oh wait, maybe Amber's inflated salary of $80,000 for a 27-year-old teacher paid for it.

Iris. OMG, that woman wins the Oscar, Grammy, Nobel and whatever other damn prize is out there for Most Annoying Person on Planet Earth. (Well wait, maybe her and DaddyBeth are a tie.) Iris - face it honey, you're not an actress so please stop trying. You are so fake. The lost ring. The box of condoms. You are such a snoop!!!!! And then the "We have to talk." in that fingernail-on-the-chalkboard voice of yours. 

DaddyBeth. You are a slouch, full of yourself, and so fake as well. You can tell by her facial expressions that she's just a bag. And why is she getting so much air time on Unfiltered?

Jamie. God, please stop wearing such tight clothes. Your boobs give DaddyBeth's a run for their money. And your muffin top, that's like a pack of 24 variety muffins there, dude. You would probably look much better if your clothes actually fit you.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, I forgot to note that anytime anyone refers to themselves in the third person, as Iris did so many times, it really bugs me. And, as pretty as I think she is, she is not a very good actress. The fake fights are just too phony. I hope we find out that she and KEITH have had sex and just didn't want to tell anyone, just like Kate and Luke.

Edited by Retired at last
mentioned wrong husband!!!!
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Yeah, I forgot to note that anytime anyone refers to themselves in the third person, as Iris did so many times, it really bugs me. And, as pretty as I think she is, she is not a very good actress. The fake fights are just too phony. I hope we find out that she and Greg have had sex and just didn't want to tell anyone, just like Kate and Luke.

You mean Iris and Greg or Deonna and Greg? 

(Actually, I'd laugh my ass off if Iris and Greg sneaked off together and had sex.  Deonna would lose her mind but I think Keith would say "oh well" and move on and buy some more condoms.)

• LOL 11